- Over 10+ years of experience as a Business Analyst/Project Manager in Healthcare, Financial and Retail Sectors.
- Acted as a liaison between the technology groups and business groups.
- Experienced in QA testing as well as UAT coordination, creating and executing test scripts in ALM.
- Proficient in using data query tools such as Advanced Query Tool, TOAD.
- Coordinated efforts and supported middleware integration for claims processing system.
- Experienced in data mapping, maintaining data dictionaries, database and XML related testing.
- Experience in working with Oracle Business Intelligence tool, SQL, Database related projects.
- Complete Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), involved in various phases like Requirements Gathering, Analysis/Design, Development, Testing and Deployment.
- Experience in implementing the Rational Unified Process (RUP) in all four phases of a project: Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition.
- Proficient in Rational tools including Rational Rose and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Acted as liaison between management and development team for requirements and QA.
- Excellent in Business Process Modeling and Workflow modeling.
- Experience in accounts and financial management: Creating detailed financial statements like Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and Analysis, Cost Analysis, and Risk Management, General Ledger, Account Receivable/Payable and other concepts of Accounting.
- Experience in iRise software for giving the idea of final product to the customer before coding to ignore the complex change process.
- Extensive knowledge of IT service management utilized in Change management, problem management and many other processes of system development.
- Proficient in creating Use Case diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration diagrams, State Transition Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using UML methodology.
- Experience in managing requirements from project inception through release.
- Using MS Project for scheduling deadlines, resources, and facilities, Rational ClearQuest for Change Management (CM) and Defect Tracking, Rational ClearCase for configuration & software asset management.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Worked on projects to reduce delivery time of shipment data to customers such as Dicks Sporting Goods, Amazon, REI, Adidas, Nike, Target, Walmart, etc.
- Worked on documenting AS - IS and TO-BE Business Process Flows by interviewing Users to understand the functionality of the legacy system and the intended new system.
- Participated in the project planning, development and release of the on-going capability enhancement of the system.
- Led Business Analysis Planning by building and maintaining the product and the sprint backlogs, including estimating and prioritizing, to manage efficient task planning and completion of the project.
- Managed task board with user stories and board.
- Prepared and tracked burn down charts and velocity charts for timely delivery of projects.
- Conducted Agile scrum sessions including Sprint planning, daily stand ups and retrospective meetings with core project team.
- Conducted Joint Application Development Sessions (JAD) session with business people, stakeholders, SMEs, developing team as well as QA teams to gather high level requirement and in the meantime conducted discussion sessions with the Development and the QA teams about the requirements’ feasibilities according to the system.
- Conducted and participated in Brainstorming sessions and Focus group sessions with Business Users and Subject Matter Experts.
- Prepared and maintained Questions Log with product owner and other SME (Subject Matter Experts).
- Performed Impact Analysis on business policies and proposed new business process model and process improvement logic and ideas.
- Providing day-to-day emergency support and/or corrective maintenance for high impact business applications, triaging issues, performing root-cause analysis, and determining corrective actions.
- Participated in E-Commerce Projects including B2B and B2C Initiatives. Developed integrations between host ERP system and key outside hosted systems.
- Enhanced Confidential Reporting. Defined/developed improved solutions for capturing data from various systems, especially as they relate Customer Sales Order Processing.
- Supported Microsoft Dynamics GP based applications including application troubleshooting, new features and updates as well as vendor communications.
- Supported the Confidential IT Department in creating and maintaining user accounts and administering computer equipment records.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server, Great Plain ERP, GenTran, HighJump, Sales Pad.
Business Analyst/Project Manager
Confidential, Saint Paul, MN
- Organized and facilitated meetings with Business Users, SMEs and team members to identify and document business needs and objectives in BRDs current operational procedures and problems.
- Worked in an unstructured, collaborative environment and guiding approval of formal, written business requirements to completion.
- Coordinated efforts for secure transfer of customer financial data through SFTP, making version updates to MoveIt Central testing out the Cypher updates between Associations, Confidential and FCA.
- Developed formal functional and technical software requirements and Use Case documentation that described user needs and ensured a smooth and complete turnover of business requirements and project information to the technical project implementation team.
- Participated in production validation and testing once the code had been deployed.
- Developed business process workflows/diagrams/designs in conjunction with business operations teams.
- Led requirements validation and traceability analysis - Managing scope and requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Contributed to project documentation such as project overview, project scope, business functions and rules, business and technical requirements, use cases, business models/flows, business model test plans, release notes, user/training documentation.
- Gathered, drove and documented stakeholder requirements and product vision through the planning, analysis, development, and testing phases.
- Performed QA testing to ensure the Business Requirements were met. Identified and tracked defects/bugs in HP Quality Center.
- Worked with the Oracle Business Intelligence team to ensure alignment of database structures.
Environment: Waterfall, DB2, Mainframe, Cobol, AQT, NSQL, XML, HP Quality Center, Hyperion Cube Financial reporting, OBI.
Business Systems Consultant
Confidential, St Louis Park, MN
- Acted as a liaison between Business and SDLC partners to plan and execute automation of complex decisioning tool.
- Gathered requirements from SMEs; wrote BRDs; reviewed FSDs, test plans and test scenarios.
- Assisted in process mapping, creating requirement traceability matrix, gap analysis.
- Understood Treasury guidance and made update to tools for correcting the information used for IR2 reporting in the HAMP program.
- Led efforts to apply Hardest Hit Funds for decisioning the customers for investors FNMA and FHLMC.
- Applied updates to the UI of a decisioning application due to updates required in the Hardest Hit Fund project.
- Applied correct inputs for decisioning ARM loans after reviewing guidance from Credit Policy, B&P and WO.
- Wrote scripts in HP Quality Center, coordinated efforts with UAT testers to execute test cases.
- Opened and tracked defects in case test cases fail, coordinated efforts with TOG to have the defects fixed.
- Tracked and triaged defects, provided the severity to delivery leads and Release Management to have them fixed in a release.
- Participated in production validation and testing once the code had been deployed.
- Providing training demonstrations to users post implementation, provided BA tool kits so that the user knows what to expect post implementation.
Environment: HP Quality Center, SharePoint, Waterfall, Cobol, Mainframe (MSP), MS Office Suite, MS Visio.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Understood and assessed the current EDI Transactions used and the existing Pharmacy Transactions from an Confidential 5.1 perspective.
- Created standards/guidelines for Business Process Modeling, Use Cases, Work Flows, Data Dictionary and Requirements Specifications.
- Mentored end-users on requirements specifications techniques and the software development life cycle.
- Assisted with building the EDI 837(I, D, P), 835, 277-U, 270/271, 276/277, 278, 820 and 834 transactions processing flow from the Trading Partners to the translator to the Mainframe and back to the Trading Partner.
- Scheduled meetings with technical personnel to determine technical parameters for EDI and other related processes including communication, security, and privacy. Created transaction sets requirements, usually with MS Excel for transactions such as HIPAA 270/271, 276/277, 835, 837-(I, P, & D), 835 Remittances and others. Resource for UB92 and HCFA1500 billing format, transaction sets requirements, EDI development and Design, X12 protocols through Version 4010 A1 and newer, conversion needs and understanding of legacy EDI formats, such as UB92 Versions 4, 5, 6 and NSF.
- Gathered and analyzed requirement for ICD 9 to ICD 10 changes.
- Involved in up-gradation of HIPAA X12 4010 transaction to HIPAA X12 5010 and ICD 9-CM (Clinical modification) to ICD-10-CM/PCS (Clinical modification/procedure coding system) simultaneously.
- Converted the Business Process Requirements (BPR) into System Specification Requirements.
- Created various Use Cases and Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Class Diagrams using MS Visio and used UML methodology to define the Data Flow Diagrams (DFD).
- Maintained Traceability Matrix in Excel.
- Used IBM Rational ClearQuest as Version Control/Change Management Tools.
- Created requirements analysis and design phase artifacts using Requisite Pro and MS Visio.
Environment: MS Office Suite, MMIS, POS, GEMS, Document Analyzer, Sharepoint, XML.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Involved in creating targeted questionnaires and interviews for SME’s, clients and business users to gather requirements.
- Proactively communicated with SME's, clients, data architects and management to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Interacted with partners about the client’s BI capabilities. Conducted meetings with a range of users and captured the standard, traditional decision support requirements and identified additional possibilities.
- Organized and ran joint application development (JAD) sessions with different groups of users.
- Provided BI solutions to the customers and coordinated the efforts with DBAs, developers and PMs for these solutions.
- Acted as a consultant to the ETL and front-end developers on various issues and options involved in generating the reports.
- Identified systems of record and potential data sources for the data warehouse.
- Developed and utilized standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications.
- Critically evaluated the information gathered from multiple sources, reconciled conflicts, decomposed high-level information into details along with the ability to use the detail to gain an understanding of the end-to-end solution.
- Involved in Feasibility, GAP and Risk Analysis to identify the business critical and high-risk areas of the application.
- Fostered software initiatives through the full product lifecycle: from the initial concept through design, development, QA, release and support.
- Developed the test lab environment and assisted in conducting research on software and hardware products to improvise the testing scope.
- Collaborated with the QA team in reviewing and validating test plans and test cases, ensuring that the final application catered to the user requirements.
- Worked extensively with MS Office Suite for preparing status reports. Provided Project Manager with regular status updates assisting the overall project management initiative.
- Communicated changes, enhancements, and modifications verbally and through written documentation to the project manager and stakeholders.
Environment: MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Enterprise Architect, MS Vision 6.0, MATLAB, Spotfire, Clear Quest, Cognos Report Net, Erwin, WinRunner, LoadRunner, HP Quality Center.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Gathered requirements from various business areas like Claims, Provider Relations, Enrollment, Finance and Benefits Administration for their updates to the Claim Processing Engine.
- Developed Use Cases using MS Visio, and a detailed project plan with emphasis on deliverables.
- Monitored Change Requests and documented requirements, integrating them with Use Cases.
- Developed and implemented Test Strategies using the Test Director.
- Followed the RUP methodology for the entire Software Development Cycles.
- Assisted the development team during the second and third iteration using the RUP model.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries to extract the data from the database.
- Involved in project planning, coordination and implemented QA methodology.
- Developed the Requirements Traceability Matrix, prioritized and determined impact of all applications.
- Identified the all applications and interviewed the application owners to recommend the process improvements.
- Provided overall project management to multiple projects successfully completing them on-schedule and on-budget.
- Performed defect tracking and bug reporting using Test Director.
Environment: RUP, Enterprise Architect, Rational Suite Requisite Pro, HP Quality Center, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access, MS SharePoint.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Obtained a thorough grasp of the business process being followed in the project environment.
- Extracted the business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application, and documented them for the developers.
- Implemented the entire Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities.
- Conducted a budget planning of the project through walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from Development, QA and Technical Support teams.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high-level and low-level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams and Robustness Diagram using Rational Rose according to UML Methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Utilized iRise software that includes all of its components i.e. iRise Studio, iRise Definition Center and iRise Reader while taking final sign offs of end users prior to building phase where programmers actually start working on requirements.
- Conducting meetings wherein end users, developers and testers could communicate thus enhancing the quality of the desired product.
- Generated various versions of the documents during the project and managed all using Rational Clear Case.
- Tested the final application for Usability Testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were catered to by the application.
- Interacted with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailed User manual for the application, for an intended novice user.