Result - oriented professional with 8 years of experience in business process, financial analysis, systems analysis at various cross-functional environments. Recognized for the outstanding ability to identify, conceptualize, and solve highly complex problems. Versatile and innovative, with the ability to balance multiple priorities, manage change, and effectively adapt to fast-paced environments
Business Modeling Tools: Enterprise Architect, MS Visio
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, Quick Test Professional
Microsoft Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook
Operating Systems: MS Windows NT/2000/XP, Mac OS X, UNIX, Linux
Web Authoring: HTML, XML, Dreamweaver
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i, SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, Teradata
Languages: C, C++, C#, JAVA, J2EE
ERP: Confidential Costpoint, Confidential GCS Premier, Confidential Vision (CRM), MFG/PRO, SAP MM
Project Management: Clarity, SharePoint, DTS(Defect Tracking System), Requisite Pro, DOORS
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Claims Business Analyst
- Served as Primary Liaison between the Business and IT.
- Working with the product owner to prioritize the product backlog and estimating user stories in story points.
- Worked as an agile business analyst and wrote extensive user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Decomposing business requirements into user stories that fit within a sprint cycle.
- Eliciting business requirements for the development of new or modified software
- Analyzed project requirements to ensure full understanding of new functionality by all teams.
- Responsible for designing solutions that enable business processes and capabilities
- Articulated assigned business / functional processes to others in the organization.
- Engaged prior to project approval to translate concepts, ideas and issues across business and IT boundaries.
- Developed and maintained a catalog of high-level business process flows.
- Accountable for Use cases as a part of requirements artifacts.
- Traceability of requirement artifacts with Design documents and Test cases.
- Worked with development and QA teams to provide requirements clarifications and test verification
- Worked with the business team to assist in the UAT process
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Senior Business Analyst
- Participating in various scrum ceremonies like Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective.
- As a Agile BA worked closely with the business stakeholders and product owners to convert business vision into user stories.
- Eliciting and Managing customer’s functional and system requirements.
- Documented As - Is process and To-Be Process to perform Gap Analysis.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs, users and stakeholders for resolving disputes.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Prepared High level Business Requirement Documents (BRD) supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definitions, Data Journal & description of the relationships to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Documented business requirements with mockups to explain in detail the implications and impacts.
- Worked closely with the UX team in preparing the Wireframes for the application.
- Ensured Use-Cases were consistent and covered all aspects of the Requirements document
- Conducted Use-Case reviews with Fiserv, Architecture team, business line, & product partners and identified gaps or resolving various technical issues leading to the improvement of the application
- Provided inputs to write Test cases based on BRD’s & developed strategies with QA group to implement them to ensure adherence to QA processes during the test phase of the project.
- Reviewed Test cases/plans stored in HP Quality Center.
- Ensured Requirements Traceability.
- Documented the Defect and logged the defect in the DTS.
- Created and managed project templates, use-case project templates, requirement types and trace-ability relationships in Sharepoint.
- Identified and worked on implementing PCR’s (Project Change Request), that came through the Enterprise Prioritization process and the Quick Service Request process.
Confidential, Cranston, RI
Senior Business Analyst
- Conducted user interviews and correlated them with client requirements
- Led sessions with users from various regions and subject matter experts (SMEs) for requirements gathering
- Conducted Gap analysis between the present system and the requirements gathered from the business owners
- Develop a comprehensive set of artifacts documenting new end-to-end business process including Use cases.
- Collected business process information, requirements and developed models for each business process.
- Used Visio to create business processes, business flow diagrams and work flow diagrams
- Analyzed the existing application, the previous business requirements & implementation documents and also understood the various workflows.
- Identified, organized, and documented the Change Request Requirements throughout the project
- Created and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Developed and maintained project documentations including business requirement document (BRD) and systems requirements document (SRD) using rational requisite pro
- Responsible for the generation of weekly and monthly status reports which were sent to executive management
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Understanding and analyzing user needs through usability studies and market research to create world class product.
- Interacted with clients to understand project requirements, analyzing product gap and recommending solutions.
- Wrote Business Requirements Documents (BRD’s), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and Use cases.
- Documenting Data Models for different Financial Containers (Banking, Bills, Investments, Insurance, Credit cards, Loan, Mortgage and Rewards) and their corresponding data attributes are defined.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions with engineers to make them understand product requirement
- Created data elements mapping using different data models for the application.
- Worked closely with the ETL developers and data modelers for source to target mapping.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document (FSD) and mapped it to the business requirements.
- Conducting organization wide training for the newly developed features and functionalities
- Worked with Product Manager in the planning and scoping process to determine the product roadmap
- Created FSD to be referred by Reporting team to create Open Reports.
- Managed requirements for building the entire Portfolio Manager functionality which included cleansing, augmenting and normalizing holdings data from multiple sources
- Established business rules to integrate third party solutions like CUSIP db (from S&P) and Market Watch
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Analysis of Client Requirements and Feasibility study of existing system
- Writing Business Requirements Document (MRD/BRD), Functional Specifications (FSD/PRD), Use Cases
- Performing Market Research, and Competitive Analysis
- Preparing of High Level Project Plan and system requirements
- Defining the Process Flow Models for each department wise
- Preparing different types of Test cases using Quality Center
- Coordinating with DBA team and technical team on setting up of the system
- Implementing the software at the client place
- Preparing the Training documents and providing training to the client
- Working with client on setting up their history data in to the existing machine
- Support the Implementation of the Solution
- Post Implementation Review and Assessment
Business Analyst/ Functional Consultant
- Analyzing of companies entire structure and their requirements and Preparing Business Rules, cases and flow charts
- Requirement Analysis, Information gathering and preparing business rules
- Studying the present Org structure, financial structure, Inventory and approach the new way of handling structure in Costpoint
- Preparing the functional requirements through flowcharts
- Preparing of the Project Plan and functional requirements
- Recommending the Chart of Accounts (COA), Pools of Accounts, Project Billing and Revenue Formulas
- Testing of the Functionality of Projects, Cost allocations, Salary and Billing Invoice using various test methods
- Preparing and Providing Training documents to the client
- Uploading of all the Modules Master data into system using Upload tools
- Define the Company Financial Structure and Balance Sheets
- Assisted QA team for regression test, and system test
- Involved in the creation of the User manual and Assisted with user testing of systems, User Acceptance Testing, developing, maintaining quality procedures, ensuring that appropriate documentation in place
- Setup, co-ordinate & conduct System & UAT testing with the end users
- Involved in Pre and Post go live support along with cross functional team, development team, QA team and DBA
- Once deployed was involved in production support
Lead Material Module Consultant
- Creation of MM Organizational elements and assignment to overall structure.
- Configuration of master data including material master, vendor master.
- Configuration of document type settings for different purchasing documents like PR, PO, RFQ.
- Configuration of price determination process.
- Configuration of system settings for External Services.
- Configured the valuation and Account Assignment component of MM in relation to automatic postings and valuation classes for various material types using internal processing keys.
- Exposure to special procurement types like Vendor consignment, Subcontracting, Stock Transport, Pipeline materials and Returnable Transport Packaging.
- Processing of Stock Transfers and Transfer Postings and Configuration of Inventory Management Documents.
- Estimating the Materials for Budgeting Purpose.
- Experienced in end-to-end implementation in different phases, rollout and post-go live support.
- Documentation for Blueprint, configuration documents and user procedure.
Techno Functional Consultant
- Implemented MFG/PRO based Material Management solutions including gap analysis, design, functional specs configuration, data migration, unit & integration testing, and post implementation support.
- Setting up Master Data such as material master, Bill of Material, Sites, Location, work centers, various types of routings and logistics accounting.
- Maintaining the activities involved in the Distribution Module, which involved Movement of material into the inventory from external sources such as Suppliers and movement of Material out of inventory to satisfy external demand such as customer sales order.
- Basic setting of MRP, MRP Controller settings and Master scheduling responsible for providing materials, man power, manufacturing capability and manage all logistical activities
- Planning strategies make to stock production, Make to order production, Sales and Operation planning, MRP consumption based planning, conversion of planned orders to production orders, Product line planning to balance sales forecasts, production forecast and income forecast.
- Reporting of Formulas, Manufacturing, Inventory Tracking and Distribution.
- Worked with EDI Team in integration with Sales and Distribution.
- Used Enterprise Material Transfer (EMT) module, through which purchase orders were automatically generate from sales orders and transmit them to lower-level suppliers.
Techno Functional Consultant
- Analyze the business requirements ; recommend possible alternate solutions to customers
- Performed all functional- technical transaction and implementation
- Coding and Development, Testing and Deployment
- Interacted with the main users and core users of MFG/PRO
- Customization of ERP system and Migration from current legacy system
- Facilitated the resolution of complex issues
- Trained end users and gathered functional knowledge , documentation, User guide preparations and reviews
- Monitor process compliance, through sample checks, and take corrective action in case of non-compliance
- Develop, modify and review software/ system designs and associate test plans
- Estimate efforts required for design, development of system components and modules
- Test Plan and Test Cases preparation. Test case execution, System testing and Integration testing