- Over 8 years of professional experience in Business Analysis in Banking/Finance, Insurance, E - Commerce, Web services experience, Healthcare domain.
- Experience with Onsite/Offshore co-ordination model.
- In depth knowledge in the Investment Banking Industry, Mortgage Loan Origination, Loan Servicing, Brokerage services, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, Asset Wealth Management, Cash Management, Capital Market and Credit Risk Fundamentals.
- Experience on both Agile and Waterfall Software development methodology.
- Responsibilities carried out as Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, on Business side as well as IT side.
- Responsible for new and existing product development, marketing, and sales of all e-Commerce services (Foreign Exchange, Retail and Small Business Online Banking, Move Money, Corporate Commercial Treasury/Cash Management Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Consumer and Business Loans and International & Foreign Confidential Services).
- Managed program and project efforts for Logistics and E-Commerce, POS, Supply Chain, CMS, and Web based applications, business strategy and web site content.
- Strong knowledge in P&C, Personal Lines & Commercial Line Insurance and Online Banking
- Knowledge of full life cycle implementation in building a Data Warehouse
- Subject matter expertise in Securities and Capital Markets, Risk Management (Market and Credit), Fixed Income and Derivatives, Credit Derivatives Market, Emerging Market, Equity Market, Fixed Income Market and Money Market
- Strong domain knowledge in Banking and Finance. Good understanding of basic principles of financial markets and instruments (Equity Derivatives, Cash Equities (Domestic and International), Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (FX Options, OTC Options, Swaps, Forwards, Futures, Market Link Investments, Deposits, Repos, CDS), Mutual funds, NAV, fund accounting.
- Immense knowledge in Health care operations, Interfaces, Reports, Letters and system Migrations, Health Administration - Claims processing (auto adjudication), Claims pricing and testing, HIPAA, enrollment, Medicare, Medicaid, CDHP.
- In-depth knowledge in the Investment Banking Industry, Project Finance, Credit Card Industry, Mortgage Loan Origination, Loan Servicing, Treasury Services (ACH, Wire Transfers etc.), Brokerage Services, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, Asset Wealth Management, Cash Management, Capital Market and Credit Risk Fundamentals.
- Hands on experience in creating SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Indexes in SQL Server with a strong understanding of data & analytics.
- Transformed business requirements into functional specifications, focusing on workflow analysis and design, business process re-engineering, user interface - UI design, and process flow modeling.
- Expert in MS Office Products such as Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Access, Visio.
- Conducted various JAD sessions with business users and separately with development, QA teams.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Testing Applications: Rational Test Manager, HP/Mercury QTP, HPQC
Suites: SharePoint, MS Project, MS-Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop)
Requirement Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear-Quest, DOORS
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Enterprise Architect, Visual Paradigm, Microsoft Visio
Databases: Oracle, DB2, UDB, SQL SERVER, MS ACCESS, Oracle, Mainframe
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, JAD UML, RUP, BPM.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Complete project leadership of ecommerce solution for Confidential .com business platform for multiple sales channels - Business direct (B2B), Consumer Direct (B2C) and Retail channels using Microsoft Project for Web 2.0 architecture with Agile software development.
- Monitored customer activity with Digital Services and developed corrective action plans to address issues/defects.
- Participated in the business processes conducted and controlled through Salesforce.com and requirements of the tool
- Supported the GSA (Manhattan's Professional Services Automation Tool) Roll Out globally
- Define technical goals and business processes for the ecommerce platform.
- Experience with packages like Endeca, ATG, FatWire, Sterling Commerce Yantra, Unica, eCommera, DemandWare, etc.
- Help analyze, troubleshoot, and/or tune Sterling Commerce product performance or deployment issues when required
- Responsible for providing technical and functional expertise and direction for the Sterling (formerly known as Yantra) OMS (Order Management System) delivery.
- Conceptualize and define an ecommerce platform that is highly available, highly scalable, with low maintainability and high performance, built using reusable components and optimized
- Created estimates, budgets and shuffled resources between tasks as needed.
- Help develop and propose Sterling OMS-centric processes, policies, and standards
- Expert knowledge of Sterling Order Management System components, API's, and related Interfaces
- Created WBS, negotiated Triple Constraints, wrote RFP and evaluated proposals
- Full project lifecycle experience on several large, complex Sterling Commerce/Yantra solution implementations
- Worked with internal users for bug management and bug triaging.
- Played a substantial role in defining processes and in gathering business and functional requirements for selecting the right stock option for the customers.
- Utilized Requisite Pro for preparing the Business requirements document.
- Created data models and business process models using Rational Rose. Followed top down leveled technique for building the Business Process Models.
- Participated in the process of preparing verification master plan to clearly and concisely describe the company's philosophy, expectations, and approach.
- Interacted with Business Users to generate and review business test cases to upgrade User Interface system.
- Manage Risks: Risk management and mitigation. Anticipate, enumerate and plan for contingencies.
- Streamline operations and optimize resources for ecommerce platform.
- Detailed reporting on pre and post deployment activities and tasks.
- Define release plans for ecommerce platform with release managers according to gathered information from various IT departments.
- Saved over $4.5 million over complete lifecycle of ecommerce project by incorporating advance research and implementing project optimization techniques.
Environment: Ascential Data Stage 6.x/7.x, Oracle 11i, Agile, Sterling/Yantra OMS, IBM DB2, Syncsort, Erwin 4.0, Business Objects 5.x, IBM AIX-UNIX 5.0, Windows NT, Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, COBOL, VSAM Files, TSO, MVS, ISPF, JCL, XML, XSLT, XSD, XML Spy.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for coordinating internal and external groups for merger project including development, testing, implementation, status reporting to PMO, release management, change management and control of project.
- Involved in all phases of Software development life cycle (SDLC) in Agile Scrum framework.
- Worked as a business analyst to build enterprise reporting system to support Risk Analysis, Securities and their Valuation, Asset Management, risks and returns, Bond Pricing, MBS, ABS, Derivatives (repos, interest rate swaps), Money Market Instruments and used strong knowledge of financial statements, cash flow, Financing Structures, Capital Management, Portfolio Analysis, Budgeting, Confidential capture application, risk management, and Investment Accounting
- Implemented and Used SWIFT messaging system to test the flow of messages from and into the new system and was also involved in ETL process
- Heavily involved in technical side of retail banking, especially in brokerage services.
- Responsible for fund Level portfolio analysis in an account for private clients.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Established Agile methodology for the project execution.
- Conduct annual Gap Analysis to determine the effectiveness and deficiencies in existing PMO process.
- Worked on JAD (Joint Application Design) as per the technical specifications of the application.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Windows NT/XP, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Agile, Recon, Base camp, Clarity, Visio.
Confidential, SFO, CA
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provided inputs in the strategic development of detailed project plans, work assignments, Confidential dates etc. during the JAD sessions.
- Developed questionnaires and organized meetings emphasizing the scope of the project in order to provide key initiatives in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD using UML and set the technical foundation for Oracle 9i and MS-SQL system.
- Analyzed the results of scenario testing and added comments for high-level management understanding during teleconferences.
- Developed policies and procedures from loan promotion to loan termination based on the process flows created in Visio.
- Performed requirement analysis keeping in mind the existing system and the technicalities of the new business stream of Toyota.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business unit to prepare a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, and process’ and revenue streams aimed towards problem solving.
- Created policies and procedures document with client specified format requirements.
- Helped the management in setting up Escrow account, GL etc.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions, especially the in corporation of data warehousing techniques in system.
- Assisted in presenting reports and analysis to help guide the management.
- Guided new members on the project on resources and material available and the goals for future.
- Established a RUP (Rational Unified Process) centric business analysis methodology.
Environment: J2EE, DB2, RUP, UML, SQL, MS-Office, MS Project, MS Access.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and documents them textually or within models.
- Interacted with the stakeholders by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Gathered and documented the requirements that are critical to the business mission and using those requirements to design application software.
- Gathered requirements for generating account balance and transactions reports for a full year.
- Gathered requirements for linking the card payment system to the centralized payment system.
- Used Requisite Pro to document requirements, associated change requests with requirements and connected requirements with Use cases.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams according to RUP for the stakeholder review.
- Supported IT unit creating functional specification documents for the design, development and implementation of strategic projects.
- Created use case scenarios and documents work flow and business process.
- Conducted FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with the designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Supported the assigned project manager with creating detailed project plans assisting in developing, scheduling and tracking project timelines.
- Analyzed and documented Business requirements and detail design of the software for full understanding of the business.
- Hands on experience in creating JIRA .
- Tickets Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Performed feasibility, adaptability study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from the user perspective.
Environment: Java, Oracle, UNIX, Rational Suite