- Experience with Business Analysis, Software Quality Assurance, and Business Applications over 6+ years with remarkable verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Experience as a Business Analyst over years with Banking experience
- Ideal facilitator in linking business and technical needs, worked closely with IT and application managers for gathering requirements, handling budget constraints and delegation of work.
- Understanding in working with SDLC models and Agile (Scrum), RUP, Waterfall and Modified Waterfall.
- Expertise in developing documents for Functional Requirement Specification (FRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Business Requirement Document (BRD), Use - case Specification and Non-functional Requirements.
- Co-coordinated with on-site and off-site development teams and support teams identifying and clearly defining problems and propose solutions and collaborating with clients for achieving customer satisfaction.
- Experience with data modeling and data mapping techniques.
- Conversant with UML Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and experience creating these using MS Visio and Rational Rose
- Well-versed in managing requirements and requirement traceability matrix (RTM) using Requisite Pro.
- Experience in working with ALM product suite for application development and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Data warehousing concepts and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL).
- Capability in performing Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Impact Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Operated on MS-Access to verify expected results generated with the actual results.
- Expertise in testing phases through all the levels from developing test plans through test execution.
- Handling the change activities using Clear Quest.
- Involvement in writing complex SQL queries DDL and DML and test scripts for data validation, backend testing, data profiling and data analysis.
- Steered JRP (Joint Requirement Planning) and JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions with end users, development teams. Experience in conducting Scrum meetings.
- Ability for effective multi-tasking, prioritizing tasks, managing complex issues and exhibiting impressive organizational skills
Methodologies: RUP, Waterfall, Agile-Scrum.
Documentation tools and Databases: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Share Point (2010, 2007).
Visual Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS-Visio, SnagIt, Requisite Pro.
Project Management: MS Project.
Testing and Reporting: HP Quality Center, JIRA (Defect Tracking), Bugzilla, Crystal Report
Operating systems: UNIX, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8, Mac operating systems.
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Designing and developing Data-Flow diagrams, E-R diagrams, logical and physical database design and business Analysis documents.
- Gathered Business Requirements, analyzed data/workflows, defined the scope, and performed GAP analysis.
- Met with stakeholders to determine User Requirements and Goals, thus converting User Requirements into Business Requirements and User and Functional Requirement Specification.
- Responsible for managing communication and expectations of the system vendor, the former parent company IT and business departments, and various business units (underwriting, claims, reinsurance, actuary, accounting, and IT.
- Ensure adherence to compliance by examine business rules to follow regulatory requirements and implement requirements.
- Manage risk analysis and mitigation plans, status reports, and client presentations; prepared business process models, defined milestone deliverables and established critical success factors.
- Responsible for writing Business Use Cases, Business Rules, logical analysis and change management of requirements.
- Assessed the flaws in the existing as-is underwriting system and made clear recommendations of Business Process Improvements and incorporated them in the future-to-be system design.
- Worked extensively with SMEs and performed Gap analysis to arrive at the gaps between current and future systems and the modules to be impacted.
- Implemented policies and system control ensuring successful management of all corporate initiatives related to the PMO.
- Translated business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise and easy-to-read functional specifications, technical specifications with data mapping and application process flow and facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with programmers.
- Formulated integration test plans, test cases, test scripts and executed integration.
- The application was implemented in Agile Methodology (SCRUM).
Environment: Agile SDLC, MS Project, MS Access, MS office Suite, Snagit, SQL Server 2012, MS SharePoint, Visual Studio, TFS
Confidential, Medford, OR
Sr. Business Analyst
- Developed and managed the project management plan, established risk management process and metrics for the deliverables and performed a Cost-Benefit analysis.
- Refined business and functional requirements while exercising UML methodology in the creation of UML diagrams such as Context, Use Case and Activity diagrams using Enterprise Architect.
- Improved users’ experience and involved business owners in the design process through website usability testing.
- Worked on enhancing the bank’s mobile site for iOS& android users for better user experience.
- Monitored project progress and performance using a mix of Agile and traditional systems.
- Conducted requirement reviews to improve the quality of requirements deliverables.
- Performed Gap analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritized them based on actual business needs so as to align them with the product release roadmap.
- Performed moderately complex statistical, cost, and financial analysis of data reported in the various financial systems.
- Assisted in creating test plans and analyzed the test results.
- Proficient in conducting walkthrough, demos, preparing questionnaires, interview, brainstorming and presentation of the proposed functionality to stakeholders to filter the requirements.
Environment: Agile SDLC, Enterprise Architect, MS Project, MS Access, Dreamweaver, MySQL database, IBM Requisite Pro, JIRA
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked extensively with SME’s including heads in areas of Credit risk, Processing, Closing and expertise in understanding, extracting, refining and documenting the User and Business Requirement Specifications in the BRD and FRD.
- Proficient in writing business and functional requirements on the basis of stakeholder’s interviews and brainstorming sessions.
- Prepared Business Requirement Specification (BRS) including detailed Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Screen Shot, detailed UI Specification, Messages (Info, Error), and Business Rules.
- Made use case diagrams and activity diagrams by using MS-Visio
- Conducted Business Process Gap Analysis.
- Assists in the development of special reports generated from business application systems to support business intelligence.
- Validated and updated Traceability of the requirements (RTM).
- Identifying and distinguishing between categorization of application.
- Liaison with the testing team for verification of Test Results and integration of Actuarial applications during systems testing.
- Resolving issues or escalating it to the concerned team wherever demanded.
Environment: MS-Project, MS-Visio, SQL, MS-Office Suite, UML, HP Quality Center, Clear Quest, Windows XP/Prof, Provision, Crystal Reports, SnagIt .
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with SME’s to elicit business goals and define goal-level requirements.
- Creating detailed documentation containing business objective, vision and scope, preliminary estimates, infrastructure impact assessment and risk factors.
- Created end user documentation and training materials for new payment system platform
- Coordinated with all developers and project stakeholders to lead a kick-off meeting.
- Defined and introduced the project, team member’s roles, and key deliverables. Map out timelines, milestones, communication processes, question and answer session
- Directed the project using rational methodologies and acted as an Agile consultant for the whole project life cycle.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams
- Designed and lead workshops using coaching and creativity to access and express values, vision, and dreams.
- Involved extensively in Project Planning and Management in the areas of Scheduling, Team Building.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, also worked with risk management / operational.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing and test strategies with developers and testers
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, MS-Visio, MS-Office, SQL
Confidential, Tulsa, OK
- Gathered user requirements and directed developers for practical deliverables.
- Work with the full SDLC, elicit, analyse and define requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions between the end users and the development team. Worked with the software architects/developers to ensure that the applications confirm to customer requirements.
- Involved in defining the scope of the project along with vision statement.
- Responsible for meetings with users and stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and improve the process to ensure a stable and accurate solution.
- Created test plans and scripts, facilitated user acceptance testing and tested strategies with developers and testers.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by QA team.
- Presented the application walk through to higher management, business partners, and project managers.
Environment: HP Quality Center, MySQL, MS Visio, MS Office, JAVA, UNIX
Confidential, LA, CA
- Performed GAP analysis and prepared the TO-BE document, including business needs.
- Interacted with the project team to help define the business and system objectives, confirmation of scope, identify constraints and the measures of success for the system to be developed.
- Collected and documented policies for Property & Casualty Claim System and Benefits File Coding, calculation methods, business processes as well as business rules. Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules, created detailed Use Cases. Hands-on experience with Scrum
- Conducted user interviews to get a better understanding of client business processes.
- Gathered primary requirements and input/output requirements and modeled the processes using Rational Rose.
- Managed all the requirements using Requisite Pro, and made requirements available to all team members.
- Gathered requirements from users for Screen Design, Navigation Design, Report Layouts (Prototypes), the frequency of report generation and report size.
- Developed measures, recommendations, and estimates to improve the current application performance with the aid of small change requests for Change Management.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and collaborated with the QA team to develop the test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Developed and executed Test cases and test scripts as per Functional Specifications of the application.
- Documented test/cases, test results, test procedure and reported to the client using the Issue Tracker.
- Lead Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers, and suggested enhancements to the existed application from business perspectives, provided solutions to existing bugs.
Environment: MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, SQL, Dream weaver, HP Quality Center, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.