- Over Seven years of consistent experience in Supply Chain & Logistics, Retail, IT and a seasoned Business analyst with an added advantage of development background
- Hands - on experience across a range of logistics functions including: production planning, inventory management, customer service, forecasting, transportation and distribution with a diverse group of companies, products, and services.
- Well-developed business and supply chain understanding attained through diverse assignments in logistics, sales, and business analysis at both staff and manufacturing locations.
- Prepared detailed reports analyzing the supply chain practices and offered suggestions for improvement
- Experience in the full systems development lifecycles in a COTS environment.
- Requirement gathering through interviews, workshops, JAD sessions with clients, developers and QA Analysts and referring to existing system documentation and procedures
- Experienced in gathering and documenting test Scenarios and ability to train users to translate technical requirements and translate them to a business audience
- Worked in a software development IT shop, created quality documentations such as Requirements Documents, Design Document, Test Plan and User Acceptance Test Plans. Self starter with excellent time management skills
- Strived to understand not just the technical needs of the client but also gained an understanding of the businesses
- Writing Use cases and producing Use Case Model, Analysis model, Behavior diagrams (Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams) and Class diagrams based on UML Methodology & Business process flow diagrams using Visio
- Using Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies
- Writing & documenting Business Plan, Requirements Document, Functional Specification Document, and Test Case
- Defining Test Cases, analyzing bugs, interaction with team members in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Interacted with client regarding project status and feedback on UAT and discussed the information with the development team.
- Preparing User Requirement Specifications (URS).
- Requirement Analysis and preparing Use Cases.
- Strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models such as agile methodology.
- Identifying and documenting critical requirements through analysis of the department’s workflow and information flow.
- Worked with all stages of testing namely, Integration Testing and System Testing using automated test tools and User Acceptance Testing using manual tests.
- Performed Back End Testing manually using complex SQL Queries.
- Experience in performing end-to-end User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Knowledge transfers to the design, development and testing teams.
- Extensive experience in implementing QA Methodologies, Test Procedures, Test Plans, Test Cases, Scenarios and Test Deliverables.
- Using project management tools like MS-Project for status reporting and planning.
- Creative and aggressive self-starter with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external, independent, and team environments
- Highly motivated, organized and results and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Proven capability of adapting to new and fast changing technologies.
Project Methodologies: SDLC, RUP, UML, Agile, WaterfallBusiness Modeling Tools Microsoft Visio, Rational Rose
Platforms: Windows, Linux, OS
Testing tools: Mercury Quality CenterChange Management Tools Rational Clear Quest
Office Tools: MS Project, MS Office, MS Visio
Version Control Systems: Rational Clear Case
Database: MS SQL Server, MS Access, and Oracle
Confidential, New York
Sr. Business Analyst
- Participated in the identification, definition and documentation of impending work flows for the purpose of migrating to an automated system.
- Identify functional and non-functional requirements for information technology projects and programs using industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
- Prepare, review and update requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations for proposed solutions using standard templates.
- Create/revise/own analysis artifacts and deliverables such as process maps, businessrequirements, business rules, user stories, user workflows, UML use cases, user interfaces, screens, and acceptance test cases.
- Identify and document existing system deficiencies.
- Develop requirements/wireframes/use cases for all stages of permits to meet client needs.
- Create as-is and to-be process diagrams for better understanding of the team.
- Work closely with business units and subject matter experts for definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements.
- Solicit requirements through interviews, workshops, surveys, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Understand client organization's direction, structure, business issues and data challenges.
- Be the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Manage client expectations effectively.
- Develop relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Analyze new Citi Bank payment gateway mechanism for seamless permit payments.
- Enhance map enabled permit search interface to resolve conflicts for Legal FOIL Search.
- Create responsive design interface for Sandy Portal to make it device agnostic.
- Develop requirements for street assessment layer to benefit inspectors in assessing streets.
- Create requirements for 125 SAS reports implemented in MS SSRS for clients to manipulate data independently.
- Develop requirements for bulk electronic data interchange in XML for large utility companies.
- Prioritize user stories in MS Team Foundation Server, led product backlog refinement sessions, JAD sessions, stakeholder review sessions and user trainings.
- Run SQL based queries to generate reports and support requirements elicitation activity.
- Adapted Google analytics to oversee application usage.
- Define acceptance test conditions and develop accurate/complete test plans.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Conduct UAT using test plans in MS Test Manager/TFS and receive client signoffs.
Environment: UFT/QTP, SoapUI, VBScript, Java, XML,Aglie, VBScript, SQL Server, MS Access, and Windows 7 Professional
Confidential, St Paul, MN
- Defined business requirements for Enhancements in the system.
- Designed Business Use Cases and System Use cases using UML and managed the entire functional requirements life cycle.
- Recommended process and system changes intended to eliminate identified risks or gaps.
- Created Process Work Flows, Functional Specifications, and responsible for preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Worked as an interface between the Developers and SME’s.
- Conducted project related huddles, trainings and presentations on daily basis.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance.
- Created supporting documents for Releases and Updates on the system for Stakeholders and a communication to all the CIO’s
- Involved in writing and implementation of the test plan, and various test cases for UAT.
- Reviewed and oversee updating of the Change Management Plan that describes the process for making changes to project scope, requirements, or cost as necessary
- Ensured creation and ongoing updating of the Master Status Report and Weekly Status Report.
- Ensured development of a written procedure for configuration control for application code promotion.
- Conducted review sessions on regular basis with QA and development teams for preparing status and reports.
- Followed up with reviewers, and approvers to promote document flow through the system
- Interacted with Project Manager to decide the best means to generate the various status reports for the Executives manager on a regular basis to convey improvement
- Coordinated with the project Team and Development Contractor to control the project to the Project Management Plan.
- Managed the development of enhancements and additional modules of the central procurement request technology system
Environment: Microsoft Outlook, Share Point, Microsoft Visio 2010, Microsoft Office 2010, CPRS, Snagit 9, Crystal Report.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Participated in the identification, definition and documentation of impending work flows for the purpose of migrating to a superior version of party information system.
- Facilitated joint application development (JAD) sessions by convening project sponsors, end-user representatives, scribes, subject-matter experts and technical personnel; documented the minutes and converted them into actionable items to maintain project momentum.
- Logged JAD minutes furnishing information about attendees' resolutions, action items, and open issues to avoid rework and priority shifting.
- Handled the development of business requirement documents (BRD) resulting from JAD sessions.
- Reviewed scope on project artifacts such as Process Flow Documents (PFD), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD), workflow diagram, test plans and policy and procedure manuals.
- Extensively used data flow diagrams for modeling the business processes and their interrelations, with respect to data flows.
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to release multiple iterations of the deliverable over the span of the project lifecycle; propounded early development and base-lining of a robust executable architecture.
- Worked as an Interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Maintained Project Glossary for the entire project team.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential Business Processes, Business Rules, and Information Needs, thus ensuring that Critical Requirements are not missed.
- Communicated requirements, architectures and designs using Unified Modeling Language (UML) -intensive Visio to create use cases, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams.
Environment: Microsoft Outlook, Opera PMS, Share Point, Microsoft Office, Visio, Requisite Pro, Visio, SharePoint and Rational Requirement Composer.
Confidential, Lakeland, FL
- Implemented the companies System Development Life Cycle, Project Management methodology, Change Management, and QA processes.
- Reverse engineered databases residing on Oracle 10g and documented development process improvements to reduce development time.
- Analyzed functional specifications and data from various data sources
- Defined business requirements, data sourcing rules, logic and data validation processes.
- Managing the project using the Agile Method of project development.
- Facilitated requirements gathering sessions, also, managing group dynamics, establishing project documentation, functional design and business quality standards.
- Designed Requirements Traceability Matrix using Rational Requisite Pro & MS Excel.
- Created detailed and effective project specification documentation, including user scenarios, screen mock-ups, and UML diagrams through Rational Rose.
- Developed databases based on the system model following the techniques in Agile.
- Focused on project management through Scheduling, Scope Management and Change request analyzes.
- Involved in creating and overseeing testing plans and scripts for quality assurance.
- Reporting and Managing defects through Rational Clear Quest.
- Involved automated testing including Functionality Testing, GUI testing and Regression Testing using Win Runner.
Environment: Agile Methodology, MS Office, MS Visio, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Rose, MS Access.
Confidential , Seattle, WA
- Involved in the analysis of the existing credit card processing system, mapping phase according to functionality and data conversion procedure.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Followed solely RUP methodologies during the course of the project.
- Utilized the 80-20 rule to prioritize and in corporate the critical features. Used Time-Boxing techniques to finish within set time frames.
- Accumulated system requirements from various departments through surveys and interviews.
- Involved in prioritizing the defects and writing business requirements to resolve them.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Expertise in preparing software requirement specifications (SRS), Software development plan (SDP)
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Project.
- Assisted in the development, design and implementation of new relational or multi-dimensional databases, including the analysis of user needs.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Developed Systems Specifications document to define the impact of the new requirements on the existing system.
- Developed and managed creation of product documentation to communicate features, benefits, positioning and impacts to different audiences and ensured that documentation deliverables from various groups are produced as needed.
- Involved in reviewing test plans and test cases and ensuring test cases reflect user needs. Also responsible for conducting user training and user acceptance testing to ensure and verify system is designed according to user needs.
Environment: : Microsoft Visio, RUP, Rational Tools, Mercury Test Director, Websphere, Rapid SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, MS Project, Windows 2000 Professional.