- 7+ Years of Professional Experience as UAT Analyst, Manual Tester, Business Analyst and Solution Designer with strong knowledge of Finance and Banking industry.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and requirements gathering and writing system functional specifications including use cases.
- Experience in overseeing and coordinating test documentation and the final UAT testing approach for assigned projects as part of the Weekly Release and regression testing.
- Proven success as a business analyst through the years, providing a well - balanced understanding of business relationships, business requirements, and technical solutions.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including, Waterfall and Agile (Scrum, RUP).
- Involved in gathering the requirement with the SMEs to get the maximum information about the work-stream including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring, Treasury and Asset Management.
- Created cash flow models for Mortgage Backed Securities, Whole Loans, Structured Securities using Bloomberg, Intex and ADCO data.
- Expertise in Retail Banking, Credit Cards, Stocks, Bonds, Derivatives, Risk Analysis.
- Excellent Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying and documenting root causes and corrective actions to meet short and long term business and system requirements.
- Advised management on improvement strategies, Competitive & Profitability Analysis.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & documentation of Test Cases.
- Ability to work cohesively with all Stakeholders to formulate Functional models and prototypes to meet stakeholder expectations, and Workflow optimization
- Demonstrated ability to identify root causes of problems, consider both the long and short-term impact of proposed solutions and develop workable solutions.
- Experience with mortgage transaction which includes many complex components such principle and interest payments, taxes, hazard insurance, mortgage insurance, natural disasters, etc.
- Knowledge in assisting with implementation of LOS (Loan Origination system) and LSS (Loan Servicing Systems).
- Hands-on development/integration/Process Improvement experience with Misys LoanIQ product.
- Responsible for analyzing, developing and implementing process improvements which help track and report various application developments.
- Strong experience in storing data, creating reports, analyzing reports, creating custom reports, and sharing findings with different lines of business.
BA Techniques: SWOT analysis, Requirements Interview, Workshops, Business Process Modeling, Use Case Modeling, Data Modeling, User Stories
Project Management Tools: Microsoft Project, Atlassian JIRA, Rally.
Testing Tools: Selinum, HP ALM, QTP
Modeling Tools: Oracle, ER/Studio, Toad, PowerDesigner
Soft Skills: Excellent Communication, Team Oriented, Robust Documentation skills
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. Business Analyst, Product Owner
- Followed AGILE SCRUM SDLC methodology.
- Reviewed the Requirement document and prepared ambiguity resolution sheet to get clarification from the Business Analyst.
- Prepared detailed Test Plan based on user stories and Technical Specifications Document.
- Participated and contributed in creating the Test Strategy.
- Prepared Test scenarios and Test Cases from the given requirement document.
- Exported test cases from excel to ALM.
- Performed extensive backend testing using SQL queries to return the data from database and check the data to displayed in UI.
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure the coverage of the requirements.
- Performed smoke testing, functional testing, integration test, data driven testing, end to end testing, performance testing and regression testing.
- Executed test cases in ALM integration with UFT and prepared test summary reports.
- Proficient in front-end and back-end testing using automation tools such as UFT, quality management tool (ALM).
- Execute batch jobs by using shell scripts and Autosys jobs to load, execute and run jobs.
- Performed REST Web Services API testing using SOAPUI Pro and validated responses with multiple assertions.
- Validated XML schema compliance assertions in SOAPUI Pro based on web service specification document.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Initiated Internal Test Plan and Test Case meetings as well as Defect Review meetings.
- Automated the test cases using UFT in integration with perfecto mobile using UFT add-ins.
- Developed automated test scripts to test ASP.NET webpages server controls, user controls and custom controls.
- Generated web services Test suite reports and performance test reports and updated to the project team.
- Performed Mobile Testing on Android, iOS and Windows using Perfecto mobile and actual devices.
- Used ADB to install the builds and extract the logs from android devices.
- Used SQL Server to write and execute complex SQL queries including JOINS, operators and conditions to validate back-end data.
- Used UNIX platform to trace the log files and provided the log to the developers for the defect fixes.
- Analyzed test results and communicated with development team.
- Prepared daily /weekly project status report and updated to the project team on a daily basis.
- Tracked the Defects through the defect lifecycle using ALM to ensure closure.
- Executed the test cases in UAT environment and involved in Production checkout.
- Performed report analysis to ensure the application development process is efficient for projects that include complex reporting, variance reporting, and dashboard reporting.
- Provided reporting analyses and evaluation of business process strategies which include presentation for leadership teams.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Business Analyst / UAT Analyst
- Organized and facilitated sprint planning, review, retrospective and daily SCRUM meeting.
- Created burn down charts, sprint & release backlogs for effective project management.
- Involved in tracking, communicating team velocity, sprint/release progress, involved in the management of the Product Backlog, Release backlog, Sprint Backlog and weekly Burn down charts.
- Assisted the team into breaking down the vulnerabilities priorities and assigning work to the remediation teams.
- Maintained communications with the application teams regarding the changes on their servers.
- Worked with technical teams to create solutions on discovered vulnerabilities and also tested solutions on low environment servers then uploaded to SharePoint.
- Worked with multiple teams to create emergency change request, and run scanners to confirm remediation success In case of emergency variability.
- Work with higher management to create more effective process using the experience I gain with daily road blocks.
- Implemented large scale technical and non-technical projects in the areas of Branch Operations, Consumer Lending.
- Assisted senior-level credit officers with complex loan applications such as Consumer Lending.
- Adhered to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to Mortgage Lending, consumer lending.
- Created project plans for global upgrade of Loan IQ version 7.3.
- Reviewed analyzed and identified indicators of potential money laundering or terrorist financing activity from information sources such as surveillance of Currency amount alert, Cash alert, Check alert, Transfer alert, Misc Alert, open source media reports and internal referrals.
- Documented use cases, workflows and sequence diagrams according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Analyzed behavior patterns and detect anomalies with multiple detection methods including Link Analysis, Text Mining and Profiling to uncover fraudsters more quickly.
- Involved in Data analysis activities like Data modelling, ER modelling and Data mapping, Data Lineage.
- Interactive dashboards, drill down capabilities and ad hoc, intelligent reporting from Oracle Business
- Intelligence tracks losses, recoveries and settlements throughout the entire AML/fraud lifecycle.
- Conducted meetings and discussions to protect team from over-commitment, manage backlog, and prioritize resolution of defects/bugs.
- Assisted with the System testing, UAT with the other Business analyst and the Quality assurance team.
- Conducted training sessions to make the users comfortable with the functionality.
- Assisted with testing the various electronic payment systems for monthly payment debit authorization system.
- Analyzed and Testing consisted of ensuring that new code for various electronic payment systems that interfaced with the wire transfer system worked efficiently according to the business requirements.
Confidential, Spokane, WA
Manual Tester / Business Analyst
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Successfully managed the transition and deployment of NetSuite from Quick Books and custom zed to NetSuite platform
- Implemented and tested external third party NetSuite applications/bundles for compatibility with NetSuite platform to ensure successful rollout to improve business efficiency.
- Maintained KPIs to ensure targets are met by tracking freight costs to ensure the project is within budget. Processed RMA returns in NetSuite and filed any damaged claims with the appropriate parties.
- Perform system transactions in NetSuite for order fulfillment.
- Supported third-party integrations (APIs) with NetSuite.
- Created Web Item details in NetSuite for items which were created online.
- Worked with the customers to configure/customize the NetSuite application to meet their business requirements.
- Proactively assisted with the development and provided support the Bank LOS and related systems, additionally provide support for the new Loan Servicing System.
- Maintained the LOS (Loan Origination system) and LSS (Loan Servicing Systems) systems. The Maintenance included automate tasking, rules creations, report creation, product and pricing maintenance, dashboard collaboration, pipeline setup, maintain customer facing content, security settings, workflow updates, utility maintenance, creation of forms, document center updates, manage system updates, etc.
- Engaged in proactive dialogue with the LOS (Loan Origination system) and LSS (Loan Servicing Systems) front end users to seek opportunities for efficiency.
- Attended JAD Sessions to capture Business rules around Data elements on the User Interface system
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using Rational.
- Developed business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Executed test scripts using LoanIQ front end Examine test results, compare to expected results, record any test defects, and document all relevant test artifacts.
- Worked to create Data Mapping Documents and worked with business to write transformation rules.
- Used RUP iterative process to conduct Data Analysis on the client profile data to find missing data fields in the database and customize them.
- Comprehensively work with requirement gathering for Enterprise reporting system using RequisitePro.
- Responsible for mapping of various data elements including business, user-interface, and schema path (services) in coordination with various groups and using various tools like XML spy.
- Worked with the application development team for the current GAP in the system and failure points in system.
- Identified the Key stake holders in the project, documented the key next steps and presented the project schedule for approval.
- Developed performance metrics.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business Analyst, UAT Analyst
- Followed the RUP (Rational Unified Process) methodology for elicitation and representation of requirements based on User Stories and whiteboard technique.
- Formulated project plans including staffing, analysis, development, testing and implementation.
- Established credibility with business by providing daily trading application support, led large-scale system enhancements, and automated processes Sales and Fixed Income through process remapping/reengineering.
- Insured that the projects follow FINRA applicable fixed income rules and regulations, and maintain all required supporting documentation to comply with internal and external audit requirements.
- Actively involved in assisting the sales force by providing fixed income news, reports, and indicative bond runs; independently expedite and handle a high volume of orders routed to the trading desk.
- Involved in gathering the requirement with the SMEs to get the maximum information about the work-stream including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring, and Asset Management.
- Analyzed and documented the system specifications, Business requirements; used the tool DOORS for documenting, tracking and analyzing the requirements.
- Was actively involved in the design of BRD, FRD, Use Case diagrams and Activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Created cash flow models for Mortgage Backed Securities, Whole Loans, Structured Securities using Bloomberg, Intex and ADCO data
- Responsible for numerous decisions in respect to business policies, procedures, methods for implementation.
- Used UML to produce Use-Cases, use case diagrams and Activity diagrams to explain process flows and functional specifications.
- Apply UML notations and methodology in developing models that accurately represent the business process reengineering and workflows and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders.
- Involved in identification of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, requirements and assumptions.
- Develop & execute test cases and test scripts designed to ensure application quality
- Used Quality Centre to look up defects and issues raised by testing activities.
- Identified and resolved (or maintain accountability for ensuring the resolution of) issues identified during all phases of projects.
- Worked closely with QA and Developers to clarify/understand functionality, resolve issues and provided feedback to nail down the bugs.
- Produced and managed documentation on release activities to support problem resolution.