- Seasoned professional with experience in business analysis and business development. Successfully leveraging the MBA learning through effective people management and target driven performance.
- Expertise in Business Analysis, Data Analysis, GAP Analysis and developing/creating business process documents.
- In depth and strong working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases such as Planning, Analysis/Design, Development, and Testing for the software/system development process.
- Extensive experience in gathering Business/Functional user requirements, creating Use Cases as per user requirements, developing/designing diagrams such as Activity, Class, and or Sequence diagrams, and in addition to creating Business Requirements Document.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with end users, expert team, QA team, and stakeholders for project related meetings.
- In - depth understanding of the AS-IS business processes and collected and maintained business and system requirements for the TO-BE system, created GAP analysis reports and prepared Visio process diagrams, system architecture/feasibility studies, RFPs, SOW, SOP, KBA and BPR reports
- Developed/executed test scenarios and use cases to support the development team and business groups. Developed Test Cases for Unit Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing along with issue/bug tracking
- Experience working under pressure with minimum supervision and exhibited solid leadership experience over a period of ten years consistently.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows /XP/VISTA/7, UNIX, Linux
Languages: SQL, Java, Java Script, HTML and UML
Databases & Tools: SQL Server 08/10/12, Access, MYSQL, Oracle 9i/10g
Internet Technologies: PHP, .NET 3.5, C#, Visual Basic 6, HTML, XML
Quality Management: Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, MS Visual Studio
Version Control: Rational Clear Case
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest7.1, Requisite Pro v7.1
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Cognos v8.0
Requirement Management Tools: Doors, JIRA
Project Management: Microsoft Project Professional, Workfront
CRM: Siebel, Sales Force, Sugar
Others: MS Office (Outlook, Access Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, Lotus Notes
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Utilized existing internal processes and improved those same processes for software problem identification, escalation, resolution and facilitated project team meetings. Continually reviewed and revised project processes to ensure accurate and timely results. Led JAD Sessions with end user community ensuring that the software addressed all business needs.
- Manage project resources, project tasks, schedules, scope, and timelines to eliminate constraints and drive project completion and ensure that business needs are met.
- Facilitate over a group of individuals and focus group interviews over two months’ span to document current workflow process aimed towards the creation of the Business Analysis document for not only an agency wide but also industry wide Projects.
- Facilitated meetings with Subject Matter Experts to define the current business process and requirements as well as define future business and systems goals
- Documented existing workflows, IT systems, user profiles, groups and permissions, reporting needs and all processes end-to-end related to the function of the registries in Business Analysis Document
- Created system specifications, User stories, UML diagrams, workflow diagram and charts using MS Visio.
- Conducted Gap Analysis of the current state and the desire state, inefficiencies and deficiencies in the current state.
- Executed SQL queries to retrieve data from data files to ensure data mapping. Performed data analysis, SQL analysis, and acceptance testing of Mapping Manager module
- Facilitating various scrum activities during the course of projects like Sprint planning, Sprint backlog prioritization, Daily stand up meetings, Show and tell, Sprint retrospectives.
- Conducted interviews to capture high-level business requirements with business users as well as interfacing with Application Development and QA Leads to formulate manpower estimates in order to create Project Initiation Request (PIR) document.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Gathered requirements from functionality, system and process perspective using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis and conducted due diligence for As Is state issues, pain area and AS-IS processes capture.
- Redefined processes underlying Operating Model and Identified new processes required and their impact on the AS-IS processes.
- Prepared TO-BE Processes using Six Sigma, Standard Notations and Process Modelling Tools such as MS Visio and Case-Wise.
- ITIL implementation for Release Management, Problem Management & Availability Management.
- Monitored dashboard to keep track of process performance.
- Responsible for getting sign-off from stakeholders.
- Scheduled and derived Cross Functional Team calls with component teams to discuss requirements and solution.
- Co-coordinated with various component teams for UAT - User Acceptance Testing activities and reviewed Test Cases prepared.
- Raise and log defects identified during testing phase and ensured resolution of the defects with appropriate follow up.
- Chaired requirement gathering workshops with business owners and SME’s
- Involved in designing the application that is in line with organizations strategy
- Developed an initial business process document to facilitate the software development process
- Created the functional specification document defining the application work procedure
- Developed the solution framework for the application
- Prepared the enterprise resource diagram detailing the database structure
- Work closely with the business and testing teams to facilitate a better communication and understanding
- Supported the development team for all their query clarifications through the entire build of the project
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Gathered Business Requirements, created Functional Requirements Document and analyzed data/workflows; defined the scope, financial projections and cost/benefit analysis; progressed from Problem Statement to well-documented designs.
- Used RUP-iterative process to Conduct Data Analysis on the Group Disability Data to find missing data fields in the application and customize them.
- Documentation of AS IS process and TO BE process.
- Conducted JAD sessions to get SME’s input on how to implement the application for Group Disability Claims.
- Gathered Business requirements for Integration points and mapped them with Functional requirements.
- Worked as an Interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Analyzed Business Requirements from Black Box testing perspective; reviewed Test Strategy, Traceability Matrices and Test Plans to ensure that test cases reflect user needs for the functional, performance, usability and security requirements.
- Followed the UML based methods to create Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Involved in generation of test data inputs for both positive and negative data to enhance Recovery/ Fail-over testing.
- Coordinated work plan between project manager and client. Implemented and managed migration process & developer fixes; retested fixes; scheduled tracked progress for team members of project through completion
- Conducted Training Sessions and Mentored new recruits
- Established Incident Reporting and Change Control procedures using Clear Quest
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Manage the annual quota setting process, as well as various approvals required for the correct sales credit of bookings
- Generate, on a quarterly basis, the sales scorecard tracking the performance of the sales reps.
- Assist the Sales Strategy Operations VP on various compensation projects/analysis for NAC
- Sales Reports - Pipeline & Bookings, Deals and Bookings Bid margin, Quarter End Sales Punch list, Demand Generation, Quarterly Business Reviews and numerous Dashboards to track the contribution of various sales overlay teams (i.e. Oracle Direct and Solution Architects) along with a quarterly sales recap for NAC’s Sales Senior Management Team.
- Sales and Pre Sales of Oracle database, Management packs and Fusion Middleware products
- Working closely with Sales Consultant on all technical queries with the prospect
- Working with and developing relationships with Oracle Alliance and Channel Partners to drive revenue and maximize customer service
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Oracle’s 11g Database and Fusion Middleware tools product set
- Working on solution factory (SF) for Territory licensing and Government Contracts
- Present and Demo Proof of Concepts to advance the sales stages and beat competition, via Oracle Web conferencing
- Strategic account planning for maximizing ROI for accounts in my territory