- 6 years of working experience as Business/Systems Analyst in finance industry.
- Extensive working experience in Credit Cards and Commercial bank industries. Hands - on experience with Bloomberg Portfolio Order Management System (POMS).
- Fully understanding of Straight through Processing from Front Office to Downstream Systems and Custodian.
- Working knowledge of consumer lending, credit/debit card operations (Origination, Maintenance, Embossing, Batch Processing, ATM Transactions).
- Experience with trading (OMS), Market Data, Fund accounting, Portfolio Management, Compliance, portfolio risk and back office systems.
- Extensive experience in Information Security and Identity & Access Management (IAM), e-Business, Portals.
- Extensive exposure on Front to Back processing of finances through Financial Service Providers (FSP) tools like: miRevenue, Finacle &FlexCube .
- Experienced in System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Proficient in developing test scenario, test cases, Test Driven Development and verifying test results.
- Experienced in Data Warehouses and data marts for Business Intelligence reporting and data mining along with developing and documenting process flows for business processes.
- Extensive knowledge of IBM and Tandem Mainframe, AS400, and ASP/Client Server.
- Experienced in the design of table structure and table relationship in dataset. General understanding of Database Management System and Data Warehouse including their functional and technical architecture. Experienced in creating query language in SQL Advantage.
- Broad knowledge in Automated Clearing House (ACH), Bank Clearing System, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFL), and SWIFT. General understanding of Accounting process including general ledger and account reconciliation.
- Customer and end-user focused. Skilled at analyzing business needs, transforming them into technical designs and applying technical skills and business knowledge to achieve sound results.
- Strong Knowledge of SDLC methodology and project life cycle, UML, RUP and Rational Suite including Rational ClearQuest, ClearCase and RequisitePro. Experienced in full life cycle of system development.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Linux.
Databases: MS-Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, Sybase
Application Servers: IBM Websphere, ATG Dynamo, BEA WebLogic.
Mainframe:: COBOL, DB2, JCL, CICS, AS/400, MVS
Automation Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational ClearCase, Rational RequisiteProDocumentum
Bug Tracking Tools: Mercury TestDirector, Rational ClearQuest
Utility Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, TOAD, Adobe Photoshop
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reports (SSRS )
Data warehousing Tools: Informatica, Business Objects, Cognos, Erwin
Testing Tools: Quick TestPro (QTP), TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Sr. Business Analyst
- Performed requirements gathering from the business users of the system while adhering to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) industry best practices.
- Interacted with Software development team and Business users as a liaison in helping developers to understand the business requirements thereby ensuring the proposed applications comply with the business specifications.
- Analysed information and requirements and documented them. Reviewed the Business Requirement document and detailed the Systems Requirement document.
- Designed different document templates to gather Business Requirements, Change Requests, gap analysis and UAT.
- Resolved all the issues pertaining to Point of Sales (POS) and the various transactions made at POS are checked and processed using the Debit Cards and Credit Cards.
- Involved in major projects for the improvements of all the major components of SmartWorks including single sign-on (SSO) features enhancement, brokerage alert system, on-line account opening, OSJ approvals, on-line commission center, brokerage tools, and compliance reporting.
- Implemented the entire Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows and activities.
- Met with different business users to determine user requirements and goals.
- Developed and Documented timelines for Project Delivery, and managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Conducted presentations to make users understand about the processes.
- Interacted with the business and technical team to create front-end and back-end FSD’s and communicated these to the stakeholders while co-coordinating approvals.
- Prepared project plan and defined different milestones.
- Transferred the business requirements BRD into technical requirements FSD.
- Discussed different functional requirements and defined high level design and Use Cases.
- Developed process flow diagrams (flow charts) using MS Visio in an effort to identify and analyse process flows in the Safe Deposit Box system.
- Involved in the third party vendor integrations for the credit Card tokenisation.
- Used MS Excel and MS Word to create a field-to-field data map that was used as a main specification document for the conversion program.
- Developed traceability matrix for maintaining/updating system requirements using MS Excel.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met. Identified and participated in resolution of business system issues.
- Lead Validation/Verification, SIT (System Integration Testing), mock conversion on the system to ensure data accuracy and Bank’s business needs.
- Wrote User Acceptance Test Plan based on business users requirements and reviewed Test Plan templates.
- Delivered and maintained extensive documentation for future extendibility of the system
Environment: MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, XML, UML, DB2, SQL, Agile/Scrum, Mainframe, HP QC, QTP, Java/J2EE, Oracle.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Business/Systems Analyst
- Involved in the analysis of the existing credit card processing system, mapping phase according to functionality and data conversion procedure.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Followed solely RUP methodologies during the course of the project.
- Accumulated system requirements from various departments through surveys and interviews.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Input suggestions for the improvement and execution of the Mobile payment processing system, EMV (Chip Cards) and 3D Secure process.
- Developed and managed creation of product documentation to communicate features, benefits, positioning and impacts to different audiences and ensured that documentation deliverables from various groups are produced as needed.
- Analyzed and documented the existing electronic funds transfer services including Point of Sale (POS) services, settlement, processor (network switch) interfaces and settlement, back office operations, research and adjustment.
- Backend testing of the DB by writing PL/SQL queries to test the integrity of the application and Oracle databases using TOAD.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing
- Designed DataStage ETL jobs for extracting data from heterogeneous source systems, transform and finally load into the Data Marts.
- Involved with multiple project teams of technical professionals through all phases of the SDLC using technologies including Oracle, Erwin, DataStage, Data Warehousing, Websphere and Cognos.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data
- Involved in reviewing test plans and test cases and ensuring test cases reflect user needs. Also responsible for conducting user training and user acceptance testing to ensure and verify system is designed according to user needs.
- Conducted review sessions on regular basis with QA and development teams for preparing status, delivery report and client reporting.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, RequisitePro, ClearCase, ClearQuest), Casewise modeller, IBM Websphere, XML, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server Reports, Mainframe, Quick TestPro
Confidential, NYC, NY
Business Systems Analyst / QA
- Defined the test criteria, project schedules and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Involved in decision making of converting manual test cases into automated test scripts and analyzing their life time and time required to update the scripts.
- Written smoke test cases in Quality Center and modified them when they are automated.
- Involved in environment requirement gathering meetings and giving inputs to the environment teams.
- Developed QA Test Plan from technical specifications and requirements for this project which deals mainly with three areas i.e. presentation tool, integrated genesis selling tool and catalog API.
- Manually tested the whole application before going for the automated testing.
- Involved in testing the conversion of the application into web application using XML web services.
- Developed and verified the request codes, response codes, and reason codes using Distributed Applications Technology using JAVA, JDBC and XML.
- UAT testing performed along with call center managers to make sure that application meets their requirements.
- Worked on a project to re-engineer the fixed income and derivatives trades to flow through an ADP system called IMPACT.
- Wrote the specifications for a generic interface for transmitting these trade messages to ADP's IMPACT in real-time instead of the current batch feed.
- Used Quality Center/Test Director for requirement management, test planning, scheduling, executing test cases, managing and tracking defects.
- Automation of test scripts was done using QTP for test re-usability of different online transaction modules.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using Test Director.
- Extensive use of XML to test the server components.
- Designed load tests (Stability, Stress and isolation tests) in different ways to measure the application performance.
- Performance Monitoring and analyzed the response time, Memory leaks, hits/sec and throughput graph.
- Involved in development and reporting of quality assurance project metrics.
- Established a Program Office to manage Offshore business units or vendors.
- Created Data Driven Testing for positive and negative scenarios, by creating and storing data sets in MS Access.
- Wrote and modified required UNIX scripts and other SQL validation scripts and writing scripts in SQL to validate the outputs analyzed test results and creating performance evaluation reports.
- Involved in functional and regression testing of the web-application using the VO extension and tested the software using different browsers to study the browser compatibility.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports keeping track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
- On-call Production Support (24x7), monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications in Development and QA and Production Environments.
Environment: Java, J2EE, UNIX, XML, UML, REST, SOAP, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, TDD, Quality Center, QTP, MS Excel, MS Visio.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked with the account managers, managements, and report requestors to gather requirements, get report requests.
- Wrote Business Requirements, analyzed them and tested them.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology.
- Used Requisite Pro for the Requirement Documents Preparation and Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level. Followed top down, leveled technique for building Business Process Models.
- Managing personnel allocation and SDLC process for systems projects enhancements
- Owned the entire reporting process. Interacted with the ETL team, developer(s), management, and account holders to get the requirements, document them, design templates, and write specifications.
- Designed report templates based on the requests by account managers.
- Designed Functional Specification Documents for the reports.
- Worked with the team on security features: web, encryption, authentication and SSO possibilities.
- Analyzed trading partner specifications and created EDI mapping guidelines.
- Extensive use of Excel to create Functional Specification Documents & Templates.
- Designed the process flow diagrams for flow of information and report creation process.
- Conducted RAD sessions for the report users, requestors, and the developers.
- Used MS Project to manage project time lines
- Prepared Need Analysis Documents of the requirements gathered through JAD sessions.
- Documented all the changes in the initial templates and was responsible for Release Management.
- Reviewed Requirements & deliverables for delivery timeline.
- Used MS Visio to create Flow diagrams and Use Case Diagrams.
- Created presentations explaining the entire report development process, while drawing a comparison between the legacy & the new report.
- Acted as a liaison between the offshore development team and onsite business team.
- Worked in iterative Rational Unified Process (RUP methodology
- Coordinated with the developer, on day-to-day basis, during the development process.
- Created Test Scripts & Test Scenarios to check report content, layout, and parameters.
- Worked on Report Re-engineering Project and made enhancements to the system flow.
- Tracked the defects in legacy reports as per account managers and end users. Compared the results and tracked the differences in excel
- Reviewed Stored Procedures for reports and wrote test queries against the source system (SQL Server) to match the results with the actual report against the Data mart (Oracle).
- Worked with ETL team during the upload process.
- Helped with Data Mapping between the data mart and the Source Systems.
- Worked as a liaison between the Business and Technology Department.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, Rational Suite, Windows, Crystal Reports, Oracle, Agile/Waterfall, XML, UML, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio.