- 7+ years of experience as a Business Analyst in Networking, Banking, ecommerce, Insurance and Health Care sector.
- Experienced in co - ordination and implementation of projects in the areas of Web-based application and backend technologies.
- Worked on software/system development life cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall and Agile.
- Bridged sessions between Dev teams and Business/User groups to manage requirements comprehensively.
- Well- versed in gap analysis as well as generating AS-IS and To-Be models of the system.
- Documented the Project Plans, Business requirements document (BRD), Functional Specification Documents (FSD), use Cases, API’s and Mockups/Wireframes.
- Performed Business Process reengineering, Business/systems process flow modeling, Change Control Management, and Risk Analysis.
- Designed UML Models and Wireframes (Use case Model, Activity diagram, Sequence diagram, threat modeling) and used modeling tools (Enterprise Architect, Axure, and MS Visio).
- Managed multiple complex projects by mitigating risks, negotiating scope, prioritizing objectives and proposing multiple solutions in Agile environment.
- Generated Test Plans, stored test cases in Quality Center& Conducted Regression and UAT testing.
Core Analyst skills: Project Plan, Functional Specification document, Process flows, Data Flows, Business Requirement documentation, Use Case/Sequence Diagrams, MS Office, MS Visio, Test Plan, UML, End User Documentation, API Documentation
Methodologies: Waterfall and Agile
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS-Access 2000/2003
Testing: Test Plan, Test cases, Functional, System, UI, UAT, QC
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/10, and Mac OS X
Microsoft Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio
Database Tools: Toad, SQL Developer, SQL* plus
Modeling Tools: Enterprise Architect, Axure and MS Visio
Requirements Gathering Tools: Rally, Box, JIRA
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Senior Business Analyst
- Collected client requirements, performed analysis, wrote program specifications and developed designs.
- Performed technical evaluation of products and developed systems-related standards and procedures.
- Performed project management activities such as planning, sizing, staffing, scheduling as well as implementation of activities.
- Provided business and technical leadership as well as project management to implement companywide IT solutions.
- Analyzed the scope document and the current business processes to gain better understanding of the project.
- Created the data-mapping document, identifying and noting the location of the tables, business rules and the transformation logics. Drafted the service level Agreements for the web services consumed.
- Used MS Visio to create wire frames and mock up screens to present to the stakeholders and elicit feedback early in the development phase. Groomed product backlog and release backlog when there is a change, feedback or technical debt.
- Facilitated communications between solution architects, developers, QA analysts and business users as required throughout the requirement analysis, design and testing phases to ensure the defined requirements are interpreted correctly.
- Provided iteration and release demos to business users and Product owner. Developed UAT plans and test case scenarios to guide a select group of key end-user in testing the user interface and functionality of the system.
- Created and maintained RTM correlating the system requirements to functional requirements and then to test cases.
- Collaborated with the testing teams for test cases, test scripts planning, review and approval. Assisted testers in developing a variety of possible test scenarios and cases to ensure that the system being built is resilient.
- Co-ordinate and support business in defining and performing QA / User Acceptance Testing. Worked on basic SQL queries for testing and report/data validation.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior Business Analyst
- Worked with Information Architects (IA) and other representatives from the User Experience (UX) team to design wireframes, mock ups and process flows.
- Perform As-Is and Gap analysis to develop detailed current business process flow diagrams and use those as the base to develop efficient To-Be business processes.
- Implementation of Business Analytical Solutions in form of Metrics and Reports in Dashboard of Projects using flagship product of Digit e-Swift ALM product, conducting due diligence and active involvement in business operations.
- Defined Backlog either from scratch or from the Requirements captured in the system.
- Broke up the backlog into a Theme, Epics and User Stories.
- Defined a full Release and Sprint plan and linked them to the high-level project plan.
- Added user stories to releases and sprints.
- Articulate all sprint planning meetings in Visio diagrams which reflect what have been accomplished during previous sprints and upcoming sprints.
- Translated the business needs into system requirements by communicating with the business on non-technical level and with the System Analyst on technical level.
- Provided quantitative data support to ensure accuracy of metrics.
- Managed and maintained relationship with the client and worked on real time system to tight timescales and satisfied the Business.
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Senior Business Analyst
- Gathered requirements for Core processing, Claim Editing, EDI 837 specifications and related integrations from external vendors
- Performed GAP analysis to document the scope for enhancements in functionality and technology
- Worked as liaison between Application Vendors, Client and Technical team for documenting complete and testable requirements
- Created high-level process models, various documents such as FRD, Use cases document and other supporting documents
- Held JAD sessions for tracking project progress though different phases of project life cycle
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix to map the requirements to Business features and test cases to monitor the functionality in the scope
- Created use cases to explain step by step flow of the functionalities, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams to depict the service calls flow in various modules
- Worked with testing team to understand the enhancements, new operations and created test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Coordinated off-shore team for UAT execution
- Held weekly team meetings to track the UAT progress and address roadblocks. Created ad-hoc reports to share the progress with Clients
- Authored and published user manuals and process documentation for end users. Performed walkthrough of the development for stakeholders and wider audience
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Conducted user interviews, gathered Requirements, analyzed the Requirements and managed change requirements by implementing change management methodology.
- Acted as a representative between the Product owners, technical and testing team through powerful presentations and UML diagrams.
- Performed GAP analysis by assessing “As-Is” processes generated by gathered requirements and “To-Be” process diagrams.
- Conducted and developed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) along with the End Users and Product Owner to see if all the business and functional requirements are satisfied and Helped in creating test cases for the User Acceptance testing.
- Prepared and maintained requirements traceability matrix (RTM) throughout the project lifecycle.
- Worked closely with project manager and team leads to coordinate resources and document cost estimates throughout the project
- Incorporated stakeholder feedback throughout the project lifecycle to ensure project quality and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinated with Business Project Teams, Business Owner, Application Vendor, Payers and Clearinghouses to bring all processes to a level of execution to mitigate any impact to current revenue flow.
- Performed Accounts Receivable Data entry with specific involvement in Cash Posting and Created business workflows on the claims module for the client to get a better understanding of the software and prepared a detailed BRD including all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Performed the Gap analyses of the earlier systems, generated a detailed Requirements document describing new system architecture through Use Cases and Activity diagrams. Specifications, Documentation and Construction of systems heavily relied on UML.
- Performed data analysis by writing and executing SQL codes, generating reports for the business users.
- Tracked all required resolutions that were identified as needed from Vendors or Payers based on testing results.
- Identified all risks associated with the project and gave suggestions for mitigating the impact the identified risk posed to the business.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Involved and worked with Project Manager in planning, scheduling, and controlling projects based on schedules and requirements outlined by the business.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users, mainly from SME’s.
- Daily involvement with the Waterfall Methodology software development life cycle, documenting and working through systems issues as part of a business analysis team.
- Played a major role in creating BRD, FRD, FSD documents.
- Performed GAP analysis to compare the existing system with the proposed system and documented new requirements and features.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the operations and the technical team and resolved process issues throughout the project cycle.
- Facilitated numerous Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions utilized for the creation of design documents and system specifications for applications.
- Used MS-Visio to document current work flows, manual processes and end-to-end processing of system interactions
- Developed and executed associated project plans and test scripts for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and subsequent user training.
- Reviewed the UAT Results to identify defects and enhancement request from the Users.