Business Analyst professional with over 10 yearsof SDLC experience working on AgileScrum and Waterfall projects.Interestedin a full time positionwhere I hope to have the opportunity to utilize my considerable experience and knowledge, by supporting and analyzing business operations and offer ideal solutions to streamline business processes.
- 10 years of IT experience as a Business Analyst in Software Development Life Cycle: Analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of projects for various organizations.
- Experience in preparing the Business Requirement documents(BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD).
- Excellent skills in Business Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Requirement prioritization and categorization.
- Working knowledge of Blueprint.
- Proficient in using UML for Business Process Modeling, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams.
- Actively engaged in Gap, Feasibility, Risk and Impact Analysis.
- Practical Experience with different software development Methodologies like Waterfall and Agile methodology.
- Excellent Management skills in facilitating the JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions for gathering Functional and Non - Functional requirements with deep understanding of business systems functionality and technicality.
- PerformsFunctional, Regression, Data Validation, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and evaluates the test results.
- Strong IT background, allowing for seamless integration of new IT initiatives and resources.
- Strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, decision-making and organization skills.
- Capable to co-ordinate and work within a team and able to perform under tight schedule without sacrificing the quality of work.
- International development work experience in various coordination and client engagement roles.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business partners, customers, technology teams and Management team to build strong Business solutions.
Design Tools & Languages: Java, UML, Visio, SharePoint
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g, Data warehouse
Software Development Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Software Tools: MS SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power point
Confidential, Worcester, MA
Lead Business Analyst
- Collaborates with project stakeholders and technical staff to elicit and document requirements (e.g. business, functional, non-functional, process models, etc.)
- Interacts with the internal and external stakeholders to understand processes and needs.
- Assists in the development and documentation of business requirements and/or business solutions to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Analyzes the business processes and procedures in order to identify problems and determine solutions that reduce risk and increase organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performs detailed gap analysis to identify gaps between system functionality and organizational needs and document findings.
- Actively involved in various projects dealing with implementing improved data management procedures and working closely with the business and technical teams in improving business processes.
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Conducting extensive communication sessions with the key business stakeholders to document the current and future business processes, identifying and analyzing the key gaps and documenting the analysis to ensure it is reflected in the final design and architecture of the new billing application.
- Working with the business and technical teams in getting the requirements for making enhancements to the in-house accounting application.
- Provides administrative reporting and tracking of client’s development information for federal and state billing.
- Maintaining and monitoring confidential documents through databases per government specifications using ehana software.
Environment: UML, MS Office Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Java,MS SQL Server, MS Visio.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Analyzed and made recommendations to unit supervisor about business opportunities for global projects funded by USAID, World Bank and IMF.
- Researched international development policy by attending hearings and briefings at the senate foreign relations committee and United States Institute of Peace (USIP).
- Assisted with technical writing and proposal development in accordance with USAID, World Bank and IMF specifications.
- Coordinated with the Research Assistants representing different policy areas, collected research data and worked with the development team to consolidate the data for effective analysis.
- Worked closely with the business teams that comprised of department heads and other senior division members and elicited requirements for making enhancements to the data management tool within the Research department.
- Created presentations and financial analysis reports for delivery to the stakeholders with results explanations and analysis recommendations.
- Managed and updated confidential database of 1000 national and international development consultants.
- Developed complex spread sheets and data entry used to monitor both weekly and monthly financial expenditure of various development projects.
- Assisted in producing marketing materials for business development, targeting major international donors.
- Directed phone calls and enquiries.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Business Analyst Associate
- Participated in business requirement gathering meetings with business users to understand all aspects of the business (functionality, processes, and technologies).
- Developed positive relationships with client personnel through effective communication and follow up.
- Created process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Provided support and troubleshooting for all related systems and technologies. This included coordinating with the business and supporting testing of defects and new enhancements.
- Communicated with clients to identify needs and evaluated alternative business solutions with project management.
- Worked in various phases of project lifecycle including CRP, requirement gathering, design, system testing and user testing.
- Continually sought opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Organized and led the requirements review sessions internally and with the client.
- Assisted in facilitation of team and client meeting by setting agenda and creating business meeting minutes.
- Was able to break down complex problems into clear and simple terms.
- Participated in 24/7 on-call support activities.