- Over 7 years of experience as Business System Analyst and Data Analyst in various domains with excellent requirement gathering and documentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Finance, Budgeting & Accounting, Retail / eCommerce (B2B & B2C), Courier and technology or tools such as Web / Online / Portal, User Interface, Mobile Apps (Android/IOS), Business Intelligence & Data Visualization tools.
- Expert in leading meeting, Conducting / facilitating JAD sessions, requirement workshops, brainstorming, surveys, and usability test, sprint planning meeting, sprint review meeting and daily scrum meeting.
- Experienced in making configuration changes, content managements; build/troubleshoot configuration issues across all environments using StecoreXP 8.2 along with supported release.
- Strong process modelling using UML diagrams - Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Class Diagrams etc. in MS Visio.
- Hands on experience in authoring various documents, which include BRD, FSD, RDD, Use Case documents and Gap Analysis Documents.
- Strong experience in preparing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and documenting of test cases.
- Hands on experience with various RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) including MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc. and wrote SQL queries to generate data reports for different levels of management, Data Analysis and resolving database issues.
- Experience in implementation of Google Analytics across the applications and strategize their functionalities & design and monitoring the Website Traffic with Google Analytics.
- Hands on experience with data mining, Business Intelligence, Data Visualisation tools (Tableau) with sound understanding of Data Warehouse concept and ETL process.
Requirement Management Tool: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, Rally, Jira
Project Management Tool: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, Jira, Rally
Business Modeling Tool: MS Visio, UML, Axure RP
CMS Tools: Sitecore
SDLC Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, RUP, XP
RDBMS & Reporting tools: Tableau, SPSS, Excel, MS SQL Server, MySQL
Sr. Business Analyst / Product Owner
- Acted as Product Owner and lead the effort of Requirement Gathering, Project Documentation, Conducting/Facilitating JAD Sessions and various meetings of multiple parts of the eCommerce platform such as One Page Order Sheet, My List, Checkout Flow, Order History, etc.
- Responsible for packaging, installing packages, performing configuration changes and content management in Sitecore XP 8.2.
- Design Sitecore requirements for the features and functions needed specifically for Confidential website configuration.
- Troubleshoot Build/Sitecore Configuration issues across all environments along with Support releases.
- Perform Performance Tuning of Sitecore Control by using Sitecore Caching Mechanism.
- Used Chrome Developer Tool to troubleshoot Service issues and performing data copy down and test data extraction in Product Information Manager (PIM).
- Successfully configured the whole Ordering and InTouchsite for Mexico market in Sitecore.
- Lead QA Scrum calls twice a week with the offshore QA team to assign bug-triaging tasks to fellow BAs and answer QA questions regarding test data, testing scenarios and expected results.
- Effectively tested closing and opening Front and Back Gates of the ordering site for every Month End Event in Canada and Mexico market.
- Used SAM WORKSPACE to make changes to the product inventory, consultant information and website time change for testing purposes in lower environments.
- Efficient in communicating with developers and product owners from different countries to elaborate on the technical details, Acceptance Criteria and Expected Results.
- Co-ordinated with BA lead and fellow BAs to write test cases for UAT and perform Inner User Acceptance (IAT) test.
- Write and execute queries in MS SQL Server 2008 to extract data for UAT and daily QA/BA testing.
- Responsible for troubleshooting publishing issues in Sitecore and PIM by cross reference the data in Apache SOLR and Service Site, generated by Service Stack.
- Effectively managed Product Backlog, Bugs, Requirements, Test Cases and Tasks using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Defining Test Cases, creating Test Steps, analysing Pre-conditions for both Sitecore and CD site using the Test Suites in Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Played an important role in successfully deploying the new eCommerce platform for Canada market and Mexico Market.
- Contributed to the Wiki documents on the products owned by me.
- Trained the Market team in Canada and Mexico so that they can do troubleshooting and happy path testing on their own.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) to coordinate with QA and Developers to triage, resolve and troubleshoot issues found in all environments for each Sprint.
Environment: Agile, Retail, eCommerce, Marketing, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS), Scrum, JAD, Apache SOLR, Sitecore XP 8.2, PIM, Dashboard, Content Management System (CMS), MS SQL Server, UAT, Test Cases, SharePoint, Service Stack, JSON, SAM WORKSPACE, Chrome Developer Tool
Sr. Business Analyst / Analytics
- Developed different visualizations using pie chart, bar chart, map and histograms based on the requirements using Tableau.
- Reviewed SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Added filters on website using Google Analytics to generate data.
- Provide ad hoc assistance in outside situations, assisting with project management and data analysis
- Performed in depth analysis in data & prepared weekly, biweekly, monthly reports by using MS Excel, Tableau and SQL Server.
- Defining Test Cases, creating Test Scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with QA / development teams in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Used MS SharePoint to management requirement document and track requirement.
Environment: Agile, Retail, Business Intelligence, Tableau, Data Visualization, Data Mart, Data Model, Dashboard, SQL, UAT, Test Cases, SharePoint, Wireframe, Requirement Traceability Matrix
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered requirements from the business side through multiple meetings, personal interviews, brainstorming, and teleconferences.
- Created detail process flow for BRD (Business Requirement Document) and conducted JAD session, various meetings and BRD review sessions with various stakeholders.
- Conducted GAP analysis, Feature Validation and Competitive analysis.
- Worked with Marketing team and e-commerce team to build up a set of business rules based on the number of files and pages user uploads.
- Worked with3 rd party vendor on wireframes and prototypes design, and managed cross reference matrix.
- Gathered and analysed requirement for Mobile Apps and responsive design.
- Participated in System Testing, supported in functional and regression test plans.
- Worked as QA(Quality Analyst) in migration of application from Adobe FLEX to HTML5.
- Participated in UAT, including writing test scripts and updating testing scenario flows for the web app and native app.
Environment: Waterfall/Agile, MS Word, MS Excel(Advanced), Version One, TeamForge, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), HTML5, Adobe Flex, UAT, Competitive Analysis, Native App, XML, Cross Reference Matrix, Usability Test, Responsive Design
Business Analyst / Data Analyst
- Organized meetings and ensured both business parties and engineering’s involvements and inputs.
- Work in Scrum team as Product Owner and facilitate Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and participate in Daily Scrum.
- Wrote SQL queries to generate data reports related to marketing, perform Data Analysis and resolved database issues.
- Collaborate with UI/UX, API and System teams to support development initiatives and
- Used MS Visio to develop UML diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagram, Wireframe and Models.
- Monitored, tracked and documented the progress of the project by use requirement traceability matrix
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Worked with portfolio managers, executives, SMEs in credit analysis, fixed income and mortgage, and customers to elicit requirements by conducting interviews and focus groups.
- Translated business requirement into technical solutions.
- Conducted structured data gathering, research, and performed data analysis based on the gathered data and generated report-using SQL.
- Acted as liaison between the business unit and IT department to identify system requirements and clarified business unit integration objectives.
- Created functional and non-functional specifications for the authorization and settlement phases of the pre-approval of consumer loans and mortgages.
- Assisted the users in UAT testing by providing test scenarios and test data.
Environment: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Axure RP, MS Visio, Jira,SQL, Requirement Traceability Matrix, RACI chart, SharePoint, Agile, UAT, UML, ERM, Fixed Income, Credit Analysis, JAD, CMS, GAP
- Involved in requirement gathering, project documentation, conducting JAD session and various meeting.
- Managed product backlog and spring backlog, built wireframes for the online shopping process and mobile application using Axure RP.
Environment: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Axure RP, Agile, Rally, MS Visio, Testing, UAT, B2C, UML, SDLC, Android/IOS, HTML/CSS JAVA, eCommerce
- Worked with Portfolio managers, traders and current customers to elicit and define business and technical specifications.
- Involved in all stages of SDLC in enhancing the Merchant Securities Trading Management System.
- Assisted senior BA in day to day work and involved in tracking testing issues/bugs
Environment: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Visio, Consumer Banking, SQL, Waterfall, UAT, JAVA, JAD, Dreamweaver, UML, GAP