- 8+ years of experience in Business System Analysis, Business Requirements Gathering, Process Modeling, UML &UAT Testing in the healthcare and finance/ accounting domain.
- Experienced in conducing GAP Analysis, Feasibility Analysis and Impact Analysis.
- Business process analysis and developing AS - IS and To Be business process models (BPM).
- Experience in defining business, functional and non-functional requirements using SDLC and Agile/Scrum& Waterfall methodologies.
- Prepared prototypes using GUI and wire frames for web based applications.
- Identifying d requirements, compliance and legal requirements, performing data analysis, data validations, preparing data mapping specifications and assisting data modelers to define data models.
- Experience working with Business users, IT development team, Data Analysts, DBAs, and QA test teams throughout the SDLC life cycle.
- Worked with QA team to review the test scenarios, test cases and overall test plans to ensure effective test coverage for each business/functional requirement using RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix).
- Worked with Business SMEs to define the UAT test scenarios, test cases and perform the UAT testing.
- Developing user training manuals and conducting user trainings.
- Experience and understanding of HIPAA regulations, Affordable Care Act, EDI transactions (834, 835, 837, 276, 277 etc.), Accounting principles (GAAP), Profit & Loss, AP, AR and GL.
- Excellent team player with good work ethics, effective communication skills and yet can work independently
- Extensive experience working with different software tools like MS Visio, ALM (Application Lifecycle management), JIRA, MS Projects, SharePoint, Clarity, MS office and UML Modeling.
- Used the web based requirements management tool ‘ALM’ to link the QA and UAT defects to test runs, test cases and finally to the functional specifications.
- Extensively used Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool for requirements gathering, requirements management, UAT testing and for tracking the requirements and corresponding QA test cases.
- Entered business and functional requirements to ALM and generated the BRD documents for review and approval purposes and used ALM to develop requirements traceability.
- Able to test business applications from a business perspective to ensure that all client requirements are incorporated into the design.
- Keeping abreast of new legislation, company strategy and policy and being able to identify its impact on business projects.
- Experience in configuring data mapping of files.
Confidential, New York, NY
Business System Analyst
- Working with Project Manager in defining the In-scope and Out of Scope, project charter and project timelines.
- Developed the requirement management plan and continuously maintained the plan.
- Performed GAP analysis for the existing application and identified the GAPs.
- Conducted JAD sessions involving various stakeholders - business process owners, SMEs, enterprise architects, data analysts, QA lead, application security team, and IT professionals for requirements gathering.
- Worked with SMEs to understand the provider data sources, identified most authentic data sources and defined data mappings from source to target and also defined the data dictionary.
- Prepared wireframes/prototypes and used it with business owners during requirement gathering meetings.
- Gathering business requirements, documenting functional and non-functional requirementsand developing the BRD/FSD documents.
- Involved in preparing several Use Cases, Business Process Flows and Activity Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Performed overall Requirements Management and built the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Worked with designers to support interface design specifications.
- Developed UAT test plan, test scenarios and conducted user acceptance testing with business users.
- Attended weekly testing status calls to understand and track the testing progress and defect resolutions.
Confidential, Tarrytown, New York
- Performed pre work analysis by utilizing the existing documentation and worked with Project Manager and business driver to gain understanding on the business problem and the solution scope.
- Worked with BSA lead to develop requirements elicitation plan and defined the timelines for BRD completion.
- Assisted project manager to define project tasks, timelines and project charter.
- Analyzed current business processes, workflows & defined ‘To be’ processes.
- Identified and communicated risks, issues, constraints & assumptions that may impact requirements scope.
- Involved working with business stakeholders and SMEs to gather and define business and functional requirements.
- Prioritized the requirements and assigned the complexity to the requirements.
- Defined the data mappings, business rules for defining inbound and outbound 834, and 270/271 transactions.
- Defined and documented business and functional specification (BRD/FSD), reviewed the requirements with business SMEs, IT developers, EDI analyst, compliance SMEs, and QA team.
- Successfully managed change request and incorporated the changes in the BRD/FSD.
- Provided updates to the stakeholders on status and issues for all assignments.
- Worked with QA teams to define test scenarios.
- Participated in project design, testing & release meetings.
- Developed and conducted user acceptance test plans and training documents.
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
- Worked with BSA lead and Project Manager to understand the project objectives and scope.
- Analyzed the SLAs of the external vendors (Kmart & Sears) to understand the vendor requirements.
- Developed requirement deliverable plan which included the number of requirement gathering meetings and their tentative dates.
- Performed stakeholder analysis and prepared the stakeholder list, stakeholder roles and responsibilities for requirement sessions.
- Prepared mockups for reporting requirements and got the buy-in from the end users.
- Interacted with internal/external customers to define the legal and compliance requirements.
- Conducted requirement gathering meetings, prepared draft requirements and reviewed with the stakeholders to finalize them.
- Supported design, build and QA teams by responding to the requirements query.
- Worked with users to define user acceptance criteria and collaborating with QA testers, architects, developers and designers to ensure requirements are clearly understood by them.
- Managed approval process on requirements and functional specifications.
- Supported the release and launch of the product.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Read and analyzed the federal legislation to update the products as per the mandated provisions of Confidential .
- Interacted with senior business teams and legal firms to gather and analyze requirements.
- Participated in various JAD sessions involving various business and technical teams.
- Documented various Use Case scenarios, Process Flows and other diagrammatic representations in MS Visio pertaining to various provisions of Confidential .
- Performed Gap analysis for various existing product lines and operations with respect to Confidential .
- Worked extensively on all the mandated first phase of provisions of Health Care Reform.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting Legislative, Business, Functional requirements for all the provisions and their impact on the existing products and systems.
- Gathered and documented functional requirements pertaining to Facets and other legacy systems such as LRSP, TOPPS and MABIL.
- Extensively used Requisite Pro and other Rational tools for Requirements Management and their traceability.
- Gained extensive experience related to various product lines and impact on the respective products due to Confidential .
- Worked on the modification of Pricing Modeler of the various systems.
- Gained extensive experience with medical codes and the change of benefits regarding various products.
- Gained extensive experience regarding all phases of Requirements Management and Change Control for various projects.
- Ensured legal compliance of the corporation in regards to the mandates of the Federal and State regulations.
- Worked with Customer Care department to document the User Guides and Corporate Communications regarding policies and products.
- Attended training sessions for the latest versions of existing Rational tools such as Rational Requisite Pro 7.1.1, Rational Quality Manager and Rational ClearQuest 7.1.1.
- Analyzed the structural and operational impact of ICD-10 on the current systems.
- Worked for Provider & Quote to Bill team for requirements gathering and documentation phase.
- Interacted with various departments and application admin regarding the impact of ICD 10 into the system.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Aided Valuable Information’s in the collection of User Requirements and Business Requirements to create the Business Requirement Documentation (BRDs), using MS Word and MS Visio that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Conducted AS-IS and TO-BE analysis and assisted in developed process models and systems integration structure.
- Conducted and facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to reduce time spent in moving information between stakeholders and team members.
- Wrote test cases and test plans for the related and assigned scripts according to the test strategies defined in the project and testing team guidelines in Rational Quality Manager.
- Identified critical areas of business risk and modified business processes to reduce risk by using the Risk-Management Process.
- Knowledge of the complete EDI format used in electronic documentation, which was part of the knowledge transfer program to the vendors as per the requirements.
- Worked with Source system Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure that the extracts are properly mapped. Used SQL for data mapping and querying.
- As part of the data mapping procedures, assisted in writing requirement document for ETL - Data Extraction, Data Analysis and Loading process of collected data.
- Involved in various types of Audits and the Financials involved through different stages.
- Gained Compliance audit experience due to exposure to the legal/audit consulting groups.
- Provided analysis of business implications and GAPs in the existing billing, invoicing, and order management processes.
- Developed the detailed business process flows and discussed with departmental managers and users to define the requirements.
- Took ownership on requirement management and coordinated with end user with in accounting and dispatching departments to finalize the requirements documents.
- Produced functional specification document and business requirement document outlining the system changes required to deliver the solution.
- Participated in solution design with developers and system testing with QA testers.
- Successfully conducted UAT and gained user confidence.
- Effectively launched the application and upgraded the business systems.