- Goal oriented professional with 9+ years of experience as a Sr. Business Systems Analyst in collaboration with cross functional and self - organizing teams across various business areas to deliver cost-effective, high performance technology solutions to meet challenging business demands.
- Experienced professional with working experience in several domains Insurance, Telecommunications etc.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise in implementation of project life cycle in various phases and stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Agile (Scrum) and Hybrid (Waterfall-Scrum) methodologies.
- Proficient in preparing documents used throughout SDLC, such as Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS) and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in using different elicitation techniques for requirement gathering such as conducting JAD sessions, Requirement Workshops, Focus Groups, Document Analysis, Brainstorming, Prototyping, Survey/Questionnaire.
- Knowledge and experience in performing As-Is/To-Be analysis, GAP Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Feasibility Study, Root Cause Analysis, SWOT Analysis and Impact Analysis for planning and execution of several business decisions.
- Facilitated various Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospection, Daily Scrum and Backlog Grooming to improve the team’s performance and maximize value while focusing towards a Sprint Goal.
- Proficient in using Prioritization techniques (MoSCoW method, Kano method), Estimation Techniques (Planning Poker, T-Shirt sizing) in helping the Product Owner and the team to commit the Product Backlog Items (PBI) for Sprint.
- Highly proficient and strong understanding of database concepts like Data Structures, Schemas, Data Marts, Data-Entity Relationships, Dimensional Modelling; along with knowledge of implementing Databases, Data Marts, Data Table structures and OLAP operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, slice and dice and pivoting.
- Hands-on experience in performing Data Profiling, Data Normalization and Data Cleansing using Informatica tool.
- Experienced in preparing Data Mapping documents and assisted data architects in designing plans to perform ETL procedures for loading data into Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) from heterogeneous sources.
- Strong knowledge and experience in gathering, documenting and communicating requirements for Business Rules to be implemented for ensuring Data Quality in Data Migration.
- Experienced in using SQL queries Joins, Unions, Group-by, Aggregate functions for data analysis and data validation.
- Worked with Business Intelligence (BI) team in creating custom reports and dashboards for data visualization.
- Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft Suite tools such as MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Participated extensively in User Acceptance Test (UAT), Black-Box testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Load testing, Stress testing, Volume testing, Unit testing, Regression testing, End-to-End testing and Integration testing.
- Collaborated with QA Team in reviewing Test Procedures while creating and executing test cases, test plans and test scripts and efficiently prioritizing and managing defects using Defect Tracking Systems like JIRA, HP QC and HP ALM.
- Developed efficient business relationships with various client teams in order to process and support requirements, develop tactical and strategic plans to implement technology solutions, and effectively managed client expectations.
- Creative and aggressive self-starter attitude with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Successful as a team player with excellent problem solving, team building, decision making skills coupled with good communication skills to work in conjunction with DBA's, testers, developers and other team members.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid
Management Tools: JIRA, MS Office, HP ALM, Rally, MS project, MS SharePoint
Languages: SQL/PL-SQL, HTML, CSS, XML
Business Modelling Tools: M.S Visio, Mockup Screens, Balsamiq
Databases & Reporting: Guidewire DataHub, Aginity Netezza Workbench 4.6, SQL Server 2014, Oracle 11g, MYSQL, Oracle, Tableau, MicroStrategy
Testing Tools: HPQC, Load Runner
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7,8,10, Mac OS, Linux
Sr. Business Systems AnalystResponsibilities:
- Analyzed Type 1 Dimensions, Fact and Lookup tables in Loss Mart of the Enterprise Datawarehouse (EDW) with Claims data and responsible for performing Gap Analysis and data mapping between EDW and Guidewire ClaimCenter.
- Worked with DataHub to extend out of the box (OOTB) entities for EDW extracts and created comprehensive data mapping identifying source tables and fields into various documents such as Mapping Spreadsheets, MDAFs.
- Studied and reviewed existing documents to understand working of legacy claims system and workflow.
- Worked closely with Subject Matter Experts of various line of businesses to gain strong understanding of Guidewire ClaimCenter to ensure that the data required for enterprise reporting are captured in Guidewire ClaimCenter.
- Analyzed data model of ClaimCenter and DataHub and performed data modeling of EDW extracts.
- Worked with functional team in developing and modifying OOTB fields to satisfy user reporting needs.
- Organized Entry amigos for requirements handoff for dev and QA and participated in exit amigos for business signoff.
- Supported direct connect users of EDW in understanding the differences of legacy system and Guidewire ClaimCenter.
- Worked with Claims business in converting legacy Cause of Loss values to new values from ClaimCenter
- Demonstrated differences between both systems and supported various enterprise groups like Reserving, Personal Lines and Commercial Lines in analyzing financial impacts.
- Closely involved with ClaimCenter integration teams in ensuring processes conform to and satisfy business needs.
- Extensively supported Microstrategy reporting by analyzing the report requirements, validating data against Guidewire ClaimCenter test and production data and involved in making changes to the reports.
- Onboarded several new resources on the project and supported their daily activities.
- Acted as a POC to ETL and Microstrategy team in ensuring they understand data changes in Guidewire ClaimCenter.
- Heavily involved in modifying existing SQL reports generated from replication database pulled directly from legacy claims system and recreated SQL reports using ClaimCenter fields and reviewed with business for UAT.
- Worked with the BI team to identify requirements for Microstrategy reporting out of EDW.
- Worked with EDW team to either integrate or merge the current EDW data with ClaimCenter data.
- Worked on data profiling on data in the extracts and also in Materialized Views in EDW to verify unique values, primary key violations, Maximum/Minimum, Column Length in verifying the business rules.
- Intensively participated in testing with DataHub, EDW and Microstrategy teams and provided analysis for issue resolution.
Environment: Scrum methodology, Guidewire ClaimCenter 9.0.4, DataHub, TFS, Aginity Workbench 4.6, SQL Server 2014, Oracle 11g, Tableau, MicroStrategy, MS Excel
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. Business Systems AnalystResponsibilities:
- As a Business Systems Analyst, worked with SME’s, stakeholders and team to gain strong understanding of the Key Performance Indicators (KPI)’s, alarms, network issues based on various markets specified.
- Created a data mapping document that maps all the metrics, formulas, values to the source that assisted the ETL team along with BI reporting team in identifying the required data source to create dashboards for data visualization.
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions and elicited requirements using various techniques such as personal interviews, meetings, JAD sessions, survey/questionnaire with all the involved Managers, Vendors and other stakeholders. Effectively communicated business requirements by creating Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using UI components such as Radio Buttons, Drop-Down Lists, Check Boxes, Data-Entry Fields.
- Assisted the Product Owner in prioritizing Product Backlog Items (PBI) using various techniques, and helped the team develop a PSPI every Sprint by decomposing requirements from BRD into User Stories by conducting story sessions.
- Assisted in creating an application, that enables Help desk team to keep track of customer trouble tickets and internal user requests and gives detailed information on which field engineer is assigned to each site, keep track of the necessary steps taken to optimize the sites assigned to them.
- Analyzed a variety of Geospatial Data and created Geodatabases, Attribute Tables, Definition Queries to integrate the Google Maps and Network Coverage layers into the portal.
- Identified the users and grouped them to the respective user group and matched them with the ADID to provide portal and reporting access services through Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Active Directory.
- Created a data mapping document that maps all the fields in the HTML pages to XML tags which are in turn mapped with the tables and column names in the database and involved in performing client side validation on new system.
- Prepared UML diagrams like Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams using MS Visio to analyze the structure of the architectural design, behavior and the interaction within the system design.
- Used Tableau to generate the custom reports and dashboards that allows end users to conduct rich analytics.
- Assisted the QA testing and ensured that business requirements were being addressed in the test plans.
- Planned the UAT testing, test plans, test cases and worked with the business users for UAT test execution.
- Assisted in organizing and coordinating deployment meetings, and making sure applications are ready to be moved from development environment to production environment.
Environment: Scrum Methodology, MS Office Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Tableau, Altova Map force, JIRA 6.2, Oracle SQL, Altova XML Spy, SOA, HTML, XML, JScript/JQuery, ArcGIS 10.2.2
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting JAD sessions and interviews for eliciting, analyzing requirements for various ad-hoc reports and creating documents for analyzing and visualization of data collected from disparate source systems.
- Created prototypes for approval from sponsors and business owners on the look and feel of reports and dashboards.
- Created Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using UML methodologies for easy understanding.
- Closely interacted with developers to understand technical feasibility, navigational flow and updated them about end-user needs and participated in meetings, technical discussions, and reviews.
- Analyzed and prepared the business rules and worked with the development team in implementing the rules.
- Performed Data Profiling on the migrated data using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ 9.6.1) tool to verify unique values, primary key, Maximum/Minimum, Column Length in verifying the business rules.
- Involved with the data quality team in generating metrics that are used in creating required dashboards using Tableau.
- The effort involved developing extensive SQL Queries and Procedures, utilized to perform database integrity testing, ensuring various data table entries, data validity, and data integrity.
- Utilized MS SharePoint as the central repository for requirements management and communication extensively.
- Worked in conjunction with the team in assigning tasks with understanding of the complexity and priority of the task.
- Assisted Business Intelligence (BI) team in creating dashboards using Tableau as required by the end users.
- Performed logical data modeling and created ER diagrams and used SQL queries for managing database.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) report to ensure that every Business requirement is adhered to achieve the expected performance.
- Involved with the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Team to develop Test plans, execution of Test Cases and logged the defects for failed test cases using HP Quality Center.
- Assisted in deletion of defects and bugs, to meet requirements and deadlines for successful execution of project.
- Played a key role in the planning and performing User Accepted Testing (UAT) along with business users
Environment: Scrum Methodology, MS SharePoint, HPQC, Tableau 6.1.6, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Toad, Mock-Up Screens, GAP analysis, UML, UAT Testing, MS Office Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project .
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Worked on a multi-system integration project that involved a major data migration from existing sources.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line and technical areas throughout the project life cycle.
- Planning and implementation of Risk Mitigation Plans, Communication Plan, QA Plans and Audits
- As a Project Lead/Manager Involved in all phases of SDLC- Project Kick Off, Planning, Initiation, Direction, Control, Product Management and Delivery to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project.
- Conducted JAD sessions as a facilitator to gather requirements from the business area and with IT group.
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions and document analysis, and represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Used MS Visio to design Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams that effectively communicates business requirements using Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams.
- Created data mapping document by performing data analysis and traceability mapping.
- Worked closely with developers in creating Data Models with fact and dimension tables using snow-flake schema.
- Handled several SQL queries by involving in data integrity testing and manipulating the data in Data Migration.
- Identified system interfaces and created the requirements specification document and assisted in developing test plans and test cases using HP-ALM.
- Assisted in ETL process to map source data and ingest data into target staging and target database.
- Performed task decomposition, delegated tasks and monitored project milestones using MS Project.
- Created test cases and test scripts Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit testing and System testing.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Project, HP-ALM, My SQL workbench, MS Office Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint.
- Interacted with stakeholders and elicited requirements by conducting user interviews and JAD Sessions.
- Analyzed and documented requirements gathered and authored Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) for application development.
- Planned and organized requirements review and inspection sessions with SME’s, Project Managers and end users.
- Authored progress and completion reports, which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis
- Involved in reviewing and evaluating teams Service Level Agreement (SLA) on weekly and monthly basis.
- Assisted the team in performing testing on the data integrity, verifying table entries in data validity.
- Analyzed the requirements to understand business operational risks and create process flows.
- Had constant interaction with developers on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services (SOAP, WSDL).
- Involved in performing Client Side validation and Server Side validations in ensuring login functionality.
- Participated in identifying sources of data for creating Geodatabases and Attribute Tables,
- Involved in developing extensive SQL Queries and Procedures.
- Provided updates to the Project Manager regularly on the status and progress of the tasks.
- Interacted with the upper level management on status reporting, schedule control, client/project team coordination.
- Ensured requirements compliance and testing using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Used HP Quality Center for creating and executing test cases, for defect tracking and for generating reports.
- Documented Test Plans that contains test scripts, test cases, test data and expected results for the Integration, Functional, Performance, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC, including requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, and implementation.
- Assisted the project manager/ lead in defining the vision, project plan, charter, scope and timelines.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to embrace a problem’s dimensions, possible causes, to propose alternative solutions.
- Performed requirement analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interaction with the process owners & SME's.
- Created and use case documents and uploaded the documents in Knowledge Link.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases using UML.
- Worked with designers and developers for interpreting requirements, tracking the requirement & timeline.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Organized Daily/Weekly Review Meetings with PM, Development team/SQL DBAs team for smooth migration of the Historical databases.
- Involved in UAT, test plans, documentation of test reports, etc.
- Performed Functionality, Integration, GUI, Regression, Usability and System testing.
- Created document for data flow to support the project once it implemented in production and mapped new functional and business requirements.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Office, MS Project, SQL Server 2008R2, Knowledge Link, HTML, SQL, Windows OS 2008/XP.