- Four years of experience in Data Manipulation, Visualization, and Business Analysis.
- Proficient in monitoring existent metrics and analyzing data for future business needs and contributing personal insights into planning business strategies using data manipulation, visualization, analysis.
SKILLS & TECHNICAL EXPERTISE:
Analytical: Descriptive Statistics, Clustering, PCA, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Time - series, Data Analysis, Financial Analysis, Data Modeling, Statistical Modeling, Regressions, Data Visualization
Programming: SQL(mySQL/PostgreSQL), R(tidyr/dyplyr/ggplot2/ggvis/shiny), Tableau, PowerBI, MATLAB, Stata, Advanced Excel(pivot table/VLOOKUP/COUNTIFS/SUMIFS/MACROS), Access
Domain Knowledge: Accounting, Marketing, e-Commerce, Customer Relations, Financial Analysis, Sales Conversion
- Developed R and SQL script to extract data from the server and generating spreadsheet and visualization reports, built advanced Tableau dashboards to track & evaluate product performance.
- Utilized time-series decomposition analysis on time-series web advertising data to identify seasonality from underlying trend, illuminating a previously unquantified weekly pattern.
- Scripted an R pipeline to import, clean, and reshape raw customer data, improving test iteration speed by reorganizing data structure and easing setup of analysis.
- Built operations-facing Tableau reports to present meaningful data, including a content status and optimization report, AB testing dashboards for current testing initiatives, and pivot tables of key metrics by common breakdown categories.
Confidential, New York, NY
Investment Manager Assistant
- Facilitated discussions regarding equity markets and economic conditions helped to analyze clients’ portfolio exposure to risk using VaR model to help determine the suitability of investments.
- Evaluated financial statements of public companies and used common-size statements to assess financial strengths.
Airbnb User Demographic Analyst
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- ETL data with R and assessed market landscape and recognized key metrics to measure Airbnb’s business with Airbnb user data from 2010 to 2015; Visualized data using R(ggplot2) and created dashboards and storylines using Tableau.
- Identified new users’ behavior and created a target profile; Recommended a more accurate and personalized marketing strategy which decreased the average time to first booking and served a better forecast demand.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Using R and Excel, identified fastest growing regions by evaluating customer demographics statistics, and maintained a profit margin 87.5% higher than industry average.
- Generated visualization graphs with Tableau and Excel to assist with evaluating the feasibility and profitability of establishing the company and participated in the registration process.
- Performed a 5-year sales forecast of hotels such as the Marriot group using excel, analyzed travel industry trends through balance sheets in annual reports of hotel chains
- Acquired first customer within the first week and realized single transaction amount as high as Confidential USD for a 10-day trip; Attracted the interest of more than 3 venture capitalists including Confidential Capital.
- A nonprofit podcast site based on Wordpress. Used google analytics to monitor site traffic and analyze subscriber preferences to adjust contents; Achieved more than 110,000 subscribers over 6 months, and ranked as the most popular music podcast in iTunes( Confidential ) store over 3 weeks continuously.