- Extensive experience working as a business analyst on complex customer focused projects in the insurance and financial service industry with an emphasis on property and casualty insurance risk management, underwriting support, presentation analytics, customer service, account management and data analysis.
- Effective liaison between IT and business stakeholdersBusiness Case Documents Requirement Documents Team Leadership and Facilitation
- User Stories Use Cases Functional Specifications
- Managing System Support Scope Management Problem resolution
- Process Mapping and Definition Process Improvement Procedure Documentation
- Financial Reporting Business intelligence Performance Metrics
- SQL Confidential
- MS Excel MS Visio MS Access
Confidential, East Lansing, MI
- Managed product enhancement releases in an Agile environment.
- Documented user stories and acceptance criteria in Jira.
- Led weekly grooming sessions.
- Evaluated customer enhancement requests.
- Wrote requirements documents and release notes.
- Resolved data interface problems.
- Updated and managed system issues and enhancements using Jira.
- Conducted quarterly release planning sessions.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
- Wrote programs to create financial reports using analytical tools such as Confidential and Excel.
- Conducted analysis to assist PwC audit teams in conducting SAS 99 review of clients’ financial statements.
- Mined data from a wide range of accounting general ledger systems such as Oracle, SAP and JD Edwards.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded (ETL) data from accounting systems, PDF and text files, into a common database using tools such as Monarch.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
- Developed requirements document for a new release Confidential ’s business intelligence product, IO Analytics.
- Evaluated multiple state DMV EDI specifications and documented auto liability information reporting requirements.
- Interacted with State DMV personnel to validate rules and gain state certification for Confidential as an EDI provider.
- Wrote and executed test scripts according to state requirements.
Capital Markets Analyst
Confidential, Florence, SC
- Delivered a current state process analysis using Visio flow charts.
- Interviewed stakeholders and led Confidential groups to develop and prioritize recommended changes to the secondary market syndicated loan evaluation process.
- Developed electronic library of prospective loan candidates that provided continuously updated risk ratings and financial fundamentals using the Bloomberg BLP Excel interface.
- Drafted and executed a business plan for developing a portfolio of secondary capital market syndicated loans that fell within scope, eligibility, risk, and return standards.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Performed stakeholder analysis and reviewed reports, SQL script, reporting applications and data elements to determine critical measures, dimensions and key performance indicators for a new business intelligence system.
- Delivered BOA standard business requirements document including Visio process maps and Six Sigma methodology.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Led the development and ongoing improvement of the risk management information services for Confidential & Confidential commercial lines division supporting 4,500 accounts generating 620 million annual premiums using multiple platforms including mainframe DB2, client server, and internet.
- Wrote business case documents and conducted presentations necessary to gain senior management approval and stakeholder support across all major operating divisions.
- Conducted internal and external customer interviews. Facilitated Confidential group meetings. Documented use cases. Developed story boards and prototypes necessary to validate system requirements with clients and stakeholders.
- Planned and executed new product rollouts including system testing, data conversion, user documentation, training manuals, marketing literature and help desk support. Conducted regular client sales presentations.
- Evaluated OLAP tools such as Business Objects and Cognos. Introduced some special applications for individual customers using Access, Confidential and SAS.
- Introduced an online large account risk management billing system improving cycle time by three months for $24 million in monthly volume.
- It allowed accounting and billing personnel to verify and clarify billing parameters before they became effective. The project involved business process analysis, flow charting and prototyping. It required us to model computational scenarios in Confidential to demonstrate complex calculations using large volumes of realistic data.
- We prototyped and validated customer interfaces using the APS tool.
- Delivered an enhanced Lotus Notes underwriting and customer service work station supporting Confidential ’s National Accounts Division.
- Gathered requirements leading a cross functional team. Documented requirements.
- Led user testing.
- Wrote user’s manual. Conducted user training.
Confidential, Amarillo, Texas
- Developed business within assigned territories
- Oversaw installation and ongoing service of risk management information system (RMIS) services within assigned territories
- Interviewed customers and prospects to determine their RMIS needs.
- Analyzed and solved problems for clients
- Published journal articles to enhance company’s marketplace image