- Self - radiant, Result Oriented, Commercially Savvy and Pragmatic Senior Business Analyst with over 8 years of experience in Banking and E-commerce Sectors.
- Solutions-driven Business analyst with experience leading cross-functional teams in the development, documentation and delivery of process innovations driving the attainment of business goals. Seek opportunities to transform company practices into fresh, cost-effective solutions leading to more efficient operations.
- Experienced, working with various Software Development Life Cycle methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile methodologies such as Scrum-Waterfall (Hybrid) and Scrum. Proven success in conducting as-is and to-be analysis, GAP analysis, Risk Analysis, Impact and Cost-Benefit Analysis, ROI Analysis and SWOT analysis.
- Industry expertise in Banking Compliances like Service Organization Control (SOC2), Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), Automated Clearing House (ACH), Check legislation 21, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX), Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA).
- Facilitated elicitation techniques such as Document Analysis, Interface Analysis, Brainstorming, Interviews, Focus Groups, Prototypes and Joint Application Development sessions (JAD).
- Assisted Project manager for creating Project Charter, Risk Register, Project Management Plan, Risk Management Plan and Stakeholder analysis management.
- Collaborated on creating Work Breakdown Structure to define and group project’s discrete work elements using MS project and achieving the milestones by tracking schedules and evaluating the impact of changes.
- Good understanding in preparing Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed Matrix.
- Experienced in preparing artifacts like Business Requirement Document (BRD), Function Requirement Document (FRD), Software requirement Specification (SRS), Data Mapping Document (DMD), RTM.
- Created UML diagrams such as Use Case, Activity, Sequence diagrams.
- Functional experience in crafting Work flow, business process flow, data flow, creating UI mock-ups, and wireframes using designing tools like Balsamiq, Catia and Ansys.
- Assisted in Creating user stories using INVEST criteria, helped Product owner and scrum master in decomposing epics, themes and features into User stories using vertical slicing, served in writing acceptance criteria for any given user story and assisted Product Owner for prioritizing Product Backlog.
- Experience in developing and writing functional business requirements, User stories as well as developing and maintaining Product and Sprint backlogs by assisting the PO.
- Experience working in Three-Tier architecture, Ajax, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), Client-Side Validation, and Server-Side Validation.
- Frequently used DDL, DML, DRL in SQL to perform CRUD operations on databases including joins, group by, triggers, stored procedures.
- Determined various data sources, performed data profiling and data cleansing created Data Mapping Document, data modelling techniques like Entity Relationship (ER) modelling, data modelling, dimensional modelling and data validation in DWH projects.
- Well versed in concepts like OLTP, OLAP, Data Marts, OLAP Cube, Conceptual modelling, logical modelling and Extract- Transform-Load (ETL) concepts.
- Good knowledge about Roll-up (aggregation), Drill-down, Slice, Dice and Pivot operations.
- Good knowledge on Data Warehouse related concepts such as Dimensional model (Conceptual and Logical modeling), Star schema, Snowflake schema and Fact Tables.
- Worked on Application Programming Interface (API) documentation using Swagger tool. Analyzed domain specific API’s while conducting the Interface analysis so that it interacts with the system effectively.
- Performed Application Programming Interface (API) Testing using Postman tool to check if the APIs are returning the data in JSON, XML format as defined in the API documentation.
- Collaborated with QA team to document test cases and test plans, also been a part of UAT and performing defect tracking using tools like Bugzilla, JIRA and HP ALM.
- Experience supervising Black-Box Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Manual Testing and Automation testing.
- Experience in conducting UAT by developing Test Plan, UAT test scenarios, test cases, test data to be used in testing based on business requirements and user requirements.
- Extensive hands on experience on working with Business Intelligence (BI) and experience in creating interactive dashboards using Tableau, Splunk and IBM Congo’s tools .
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid
Collaboration Tool: Microsoft SharePoint, Confluence, Team Foundation Server
Designing Tool: MS Visio, Balsamiq, Catia, Ansys, AutoCAD
Requirement Management: JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Rational Requisite Pro
Statistical Tools: Minitab, Excel, R-programming
ETL tools: Informatica Power CenterTesting and Defect Management Tools HP ALM, Selenium, Load Runner, Jenkins (Continuous Integration), Test Director, HP QC, Bugzilla
Databases: MySQL database, Oracle, SQL server
Data Warehousing: E-R diagrams, relationships and cardinalities, Dimensional modelling (star schema & snow-flake schema), architectures of data warehousing, Data modelling (Conceptual, Logical and Physical), approaches for designing DW, OLTP, OLAP operations - drill down, roll-up, Pivot, slice and dice, data marts and Operational Data stores (ODS), Normalization and types and de-normalization.
Reporting Tools: Tableau, IBM Cognos, Power BI
Querying: Structured Query Language (SQL)
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Confidential, O’Fallon, Missouri
Sr. Business System Analyst/Scrum Master
- Elicited requirements by using different techniques such as Interviews, Focus Groups, Brainstorming sessions, JAD sessions and Workshops.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts to capture and understand the business requirements.
- Reviewed high - level requirements with business to prioritize and define the scope.
- Implemented federal regulatory compliance associated with Payment system such as The USA Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), SOC2, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), Check Legislation 21 and Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
- Performed Gap and Cost-Benefit analysis to establish the significance of the enhancement.
- Took insights with active participation in document-reviews, plan setup, plan configuration and incorporated them in Business process re-engineering, Business process improvements, Business process modeling using activity diagrams.
- Worked with Product Owner to review the working demo of Potentially Shippable Product Increment (PSPI) in review meeting and helped deciding which features are done and satisfies the acceptance criteria and Definition of Done.
- Worked closely with the scrum master in preparing the Sprint Burn Down and Sprint Burn Up Charts and helped in calculating the team's velocity.
- Hands on Experience with JIRA for drafting the User Stories.
- Experience in Creating Use-case scenarios and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio for Client authentication.
- Created Mock-up Screens and Wireframes containing UI Components such as Drop-down list, check boxes for retrieving data from the user with client-side verification.
- Wrote SQL queries to document and integrate data from various sources for real time collateral monitoring.
- Created SQL scripts to install, create and drop database object, including tables, views, primary key, indexes, constraints and created changes in the database.
- Assisted in Designing Conceptual and Logical Models to capture the entities existing in the system and the relationship between them using E-R Diagrams.
- Reviewed existing stored procedures, supported application development by tuning Structured Query Language queries.
- Reviewed Business Rules written for middle tier and validated XML schema for system data documentation including the requirement data document.
- Used ETL Process to map data from different sources to the target data-mart in IBM Cognos Data Manager, thereby reporting and analyzing events and metrics.
- Integrated the source to target system using SOAP API and created SOAP test cases for different test scenarios.
- Documented REST API via JSON using Swagger and used plug ins to integrate it with Java.
- Assisted the QA team to develop the test plan and test cases to perform the testing and involved in Automated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using Cucumber automation tool.
- Assisted in formulating testing documents like Test Plan, RTM and Test Summary reports.
- Participated in discussions on Regression Testing, release and non-release testing.
- Documented Manual Testing and kept track of defects found using Bugzilla.
- Generated Business intelligence report for senior management and created dashboards and data visualization reports using the Tableau reporting tool.
Environment: Scrum, HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, Bootstrap, RedHat JBOSS, Java, XML, SOAP, Tableau 8.3, Cucumber, IBM Cognos, JIRA 5.2, MS Visio, Balsamiq, MSOfficesuite2013, Bugzilla, Swagger Smart bear.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Sr. Business System Analyst/Scrum Master
- Interviewed Business users for eliciting requirements using JAD sessions, Survey/Questionnaire, Interviewing, Focus Groups and analyzed the feasibility of the requirements.
- Conducted Cost-benefit analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives and documented AS-IS and TO-BE processes to meet capital requirement regulations for AML/BSA compliance.
- Elicited requirements from Business units and stakeholder to gather functional and non-functional requirements using Document Analysis and stakeholder analysis.
- Knowledge of NACHA operating rules, SAME DAY ACH processing.
- Implemented federal guidelines and regulatory compliance associated with same day ACH like Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA).
- Conducted User Story Writing Sessions to decompose BRD into User Stories and determine Acceptance Criteria for Potentially Shippable Product Increment.
- Analyzed the Iteration Burn Down charts and reviewed defects using JIRA.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using User Interface components for client verification using Balsamiq tool.
- Developed several Use-case, Activity, Sequence and swim lane diagrams using VISIO according to company's template for better understanding and implementation of developers.
- Used SQL Loaders to load bulk data from various flat files using DDL commands.
- Involved in extracting data from multiples data sources, perform multiple complex transformations and land data in to SQL server tables using CRUD operations.
- Adopted Entity-relationship modeling technique and developed Conceptual and Logical data model for DFI tables Logged Data Mapping documents of various HTML field to XML tags and further onto tables stored in database.
- Used API's to integrate various service providers through RESTful API services.
- Performed the API documentation using Swagger tool and completed the API testing using SOAP UI tool.
- Assisted with User Acceptance Testing, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensure that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Assisted in Black box, UAT and Regression testing. Performed extensive manual testing to verify the application is complete and stable.
- Logged and tracked the defects using HP ALM and created an error repository and managed the testing process with the QA team.
- Assisted in identifying risk and to develop risk analysis as required by NACHA and Fraud detection for red flags to report fraud, patterns and inconsistencies activities.
- Created dynamic and interactive visualization dashboards using Tableau for reporting to the management.
Environment: Scrum - waterfall Hybrid, MS Visio, MS Project, MS office, Asp.net, Apache 5.5, MS SQL server 2012, HTML5, XML, CSS3, JIRA 5.2, Tableau 8.3, MS Office Suite 2013, HP ALM, Balsamiq, Swagger.
Confidential, Trenton, NJ
Sr. Business System Analyst/Scrum Master
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, surveys by interacting with stakeholders and business users.
- Implemented regulatory compliances like Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Involved in business process modeling using UML through Rational Rose.
- Wrote User Stories fulfilling INVEST criteria assisted the Product Owner in prioritizing the Product Backlog Items (PBIs) using techniques like Kano Model, Moscow and estimated Story Points using Planning Poker.
- Reduced risk and ambiguity by adding rigor to the Definition of Done and used domain knowledge and expertise to slice user stories based on business value.
- Involved in all scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Grooming Meetings.
- Shielded the team from various impediments and blockers and assisted the Product Owner in forecasting release plans by tracking the Team's Velocity.
- Used DML, DCL and DDL SQL queries for constructing the DWH.
- Designed, Developed and Supported Extraction, Transformation and Load Process (ETL) for data migration using Informatica.
- Worked extensively in documenting the Source to Target Mapping documents with data transformation logic and rules set by the organization.
- Worked on Conceptual, Logical Modeling and Physical Database design.
- Responsible for database design, star schema, snow flake schema design, data analysis, documentation, implementation and support.
- Created BPMN to showcase the business processes in the business models.
- Analyzed business requirements, transformed data, and mapped source data using the Teradata Financial Services Logical Data Model tool, from the source system to the Teradata Physical Data Model.
- Created logical data model from the conceptual model and its conversion into the physical database design using forward engineering in Erwin 4.0.
- Documented the REST API's and SOAP web services with the URI and description of methods.
- Performed User Acceptance testing, verification testing, Regression Testing and System testing manually.
- Involved in generating Test Plans and Test Specifications, prepared test data for positive and negative Test Scenarios as per system specifications and requirements.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Erwin 4.0, Toad, SQL, Java, Angular JS, Oracle 9i, Informatica 7.1, JIRA 5.2, Visual studio 2013, MS (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Tableau 8.3.
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
Business System Analyst
- Led requirement elicitation session to understand business problems and how proposed system enhancements will address them for escalating the issues.
- Conducted onboarding due diligence of high-risk elements to bank consumers and business clients in accordance with federal regulations including the USA Patriot Act and OFAC.
- Produced business requirement artifacts including UML, Use case, business rules, supplemental specifications and UI design specifications.
- Created workflow mock ups to depict the navigation flow for the website, created wireframes to present it to the development team to better understand business process architecture for customer facing online portal.
- Created and implemented SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to upload data from flat files and transform data to Riders Needs data structure.
- Analyzed data performance and implemented changes necessary to improve execution time.
- Developed various reports for management using T-SQL.
- Retrieved data from the Enterprise Database using various SQL queries using joins, group by, database connections and transformation rules.
- Involved in preparing Logical Data Models and conducted controlled brainstorming sessions with project focus groups.
- Created DMR mapping spreadsheets, Source to Target mapping documents including the transformation rules.
- Created User stories for maintaining FTP's and navigation flow for the online transactions for downstream, upstream and midstream interfaces. (SOAP, HTTP and REST).
- Integrated the source to target system using SOAP API and created SOAP test cases for different test scenarios.
- Created Business Change Request Management document for building integrated platforms to accommodate new technologies and development methods, improve processing of sensitive information and reduce operational risks.
- Wrote test cases, test plans, and test scenarios and traceability matrices used by the Quality team for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Active part of the testing of the system during Smoke testing, Black Box testing, Regression Testing, System Testing and Sanity Testing.
- Experience designing and implementing reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets.
- Collaborated with colleagues and managers to analyze service delivery and streamlined the customer service experience and delivery.
Environment: Scrum, XML, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, Microsoft Project, Rational Rose, MS Visio, CMS(SharePoint), JIRA, HTTP, Tomcat 5.5
- Conducted interviews with project managers, SME's and business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Developed relevant survey questions to be embedded with the automated survey generating tool and set the triggers and timelines for the surveys to be sent out to customers.
- Assisted to conduct the Sprint planning based on new and backlogged requirements and lead Daily scrum in the absence of Product owner.
- Involved in Business Analysis and Technical Design sessions with business and technical staff to develop requirements document and ETL specifications.
- Gathered requirements about the credit risk involved.
- Used UML to prepare Use Cases from the gathered requirements and created diagrams.
- Used JIRA and QC to maintain the project artifacts and kept information radiators updated.
- Performed SQL Queries to conduct back-end testing and performed UI Testing on application web interface.
- Involved in the preparation of the Test Data required for executing Test cases and testing different web services on SOAP UI tool with xml and JSON response.
- Performed Regression Testing on the application for testing validity of functionality in different versions application.
- Documented Manual Testing and kept track of defects during testing and documented test procedures for user acceptance, functional and integration testing.
- Assisted in preparation of UAT test plan, Test Cases, Testing Cycle schedules, Test Scenarios and implemented them with Quality Assurance team.
- Created Dashboards by embedding reports and providing intuitive drilldowns and links.
Environment: Water-Scrum-fall, UML, SQL Server, MS Office, MS Project, DB2, SharePoint 2007, JIRA, QC, HTML, CSS3, Node.js, Rational Rose.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Was involved in creating the Project initiation document (PID).
- Was responsible for Cost benefit analysis, Risk assessment, and SWOT analysis.
- Served as a liaison between business team and the project team by assisting the business in identifying, understanding and documenting their business needs.
- Assisted in gathering requirements for the GUI (Graphical User Interface) Screens and designing.
- Helped the Product owner to come up with the requirements in the form of user stories.
- Wrote Business rules pertaining to shipping functionality.
- Created Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM) using HP QC tool.
- Used JIRA for allotting task and issue/defect tracking, user story management and requirement traceability. (RTM)
- Was Responsible for creating use case diagrams, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams using MS Visio tool.
- Used Web Services to connect the shipping services to the existing system with SOAP API.
- Worked with QA team for designing Test Plan, Test scenarios and Test Cases for UAT and performance and regression testing.
- Worked on Tableau to communicate information clearly and efficiently via the statistical graphics, plots, information graphics, tables, and charts selected throughout the project.
Environment: Waterfall, SQL Server, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio, HP QC, UAT Testing, SharePoint, ASP.net, Tableau, Ajax, XML, REST API, Web Server, HTML, CSS3, JIRA.
Jr. UI Developer/Business Analyst
- Participated in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined specifications.
- Identify and troubleshoot application code related issues.
- Participated in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations.
- Managed client-side websites to keep them up to date, fix bugs and install updates of security applications.
- Documented the daily defect status using Test Director.
- Contributed to future product development in group meetings with a variety of specialists.
- Developed mockups and prototypes using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Heavily interacted with the end users and stake holders for design validation.
- Responsible for quality assurance of finished websites including the validation of web forms, images, links and other UI components.