- Passionate, detail - oriented, results-driven Business Systems Analyst with over 8 years of experience in various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, and Business Process Reengineering. Certified Scrum Master with proven ability to work with self-organizing and cross-functional teams in Healthcare.
- Experienced in working with various industry standard methodologies like Waterfall and Agile Methodologies like Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum (Hybrid), and Kanban.
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) including Release Planning and Backlogs at Team level.
- Possess excellent business, analytical, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with Developers, Architects, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Business Users, and Senior Executives.
- Knowledgeable in health insurance programs like: Medicaid, Medicare (Part A, B, C, and D), Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), and Point-of-Service (POS).
- Well-versed with current healthcare industry standards such as CMS, MMA, HL-7, ICD-9, ICD-10, HIPAA (4010 and 5010), EDI Transactions (270/271, 278, 837, 835, 276/277, 834, and 820), HHS, SOX, and FDA.
- Experienced working with Facets Application groups like: Claims Processing, Medical Plan, Provider, Subscriber/Member, Billing, and Pricing Profile.
- Strong experience in Claims Processing and Claims Scrubbing in HMO, PPO, Medicaid and Medicare.
- Possess extensive knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, Procedural, Diagnostic codes, and Claims Process.
- Proficient in authoring Project Charters, Business Overview Documents, Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Specifications Documents (FSD), System Design Specification (SDS), Software Requirement Specification, Use Cases Narratives, Reporting and Testing plans.
- Proficient in gathering SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) requirements and transforming them into functional specifications. Proven success in eliciting requirements, As-Is and To-Be analysis, Gap analysis, Cost-Benefit analysis, Risk Assessment, and SWOT analysis.
- Effectively networked with individuals at various levels while organizing, conducting, and facilitating requirement elicitation sessions like Surveys/Questionnaires, Interviews, Brainstorming, Focus Groups, Document Analysis, Joint Application Design (JAD), Interface analysis, Observation, and Prototyping.
- Experienced in writing User stories and handling the Requirement Churn. Efficient in performing, prioritizing techniques, MoSCoW, Kano, and Business Value Based.
- Facilitated discussions for decision making and conflict resolution to ensure good work environment.
- Used tools like Balsamiq and MS-Visio for creating mockups, wireframes, and dynamic UI Prototypes.
- Created UML diagrams like Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using SmartDraw and LucidChart.
- Experienced in tracing requirements throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Proficient in implementing SQL queries and stored procedures. Experienced in using functions like joins, unions, outer joins, group by, order by and aggregate functions in My SQL Workbench and Oracle databases for data extraction to facilitate timely reporting and validation.
- Experienced in Data Warehousing and ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading) process.
- Knowledgeable of the Data Warehouse creation process including OLTP, OLAP, Data Marts, ODS, Staging, Data sources, Normalization, and Dimension tables.
- Good knowledge of the Star and Snowflake schema, different OLAP operations such as slice, dice, roll-up, drill down and pivot, facts and fact tables, transformation and validation rules.
- Involved in Data/Dimensional Modeling; Data Mapping, Data Integration, Data Migration, Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes.
- Good understanding of Cloud Computing platforms, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS) products like AWS Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon VPC, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon Cognito.
- Experienced in API testing using Postman and SoapUI to check if the API response data is in JSON or XML format as required by workflow and resolve discrepancies. Used Swagger for API documentation.
- Worked with QA team to design and implement Test Plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using Selenium, Cucumber, and HP ALM.
- Collaborated in Testing Life Cycle, Manual testing, Unit testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing; also performed Defect Tracking Management using tools like Bugzilla, HP ALM, and Jira.
- Experienced in creating Operational Dashboards to monitor frequently changing business processes, Strategic Dashboards to track the KPIs across organization, and Analytical Dashboards to analyze large volumes of data using tools like QlikView and Tableau.
SDLC Methodologies: Traditional/Waterfall, Spiral, Agile/Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework SAFe®, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid
Business Skills: JAD Sessions, SWOT Analysis, Risk Management, Conflict Management, Effort and Impact analysis, Regression analysis, Why-Why analysis.
Business Intelligence/Reporting tools: Tableau Desktop, Power BI, MS Excel, QlikView, IBM Cognos
Business Modeling tools: MS Visio, MockupScreens, Balsamiq, Unified Modeling Language (UML), erwin Data Modeler
Project management tools: MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS Office 365 online
Requirement management tools: Jira, HP ALM, Rally, Confluence
Architecture/Framework: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), N-tier ArchitectureCloud Platform (SaaS & IaaS).
API and Testing tools: Postman, Selenium, Cucumber, Swagger, Bugzilla
Databases and Data Analysis tools: MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, R.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Rochester, NY
Environment: Agile/Scrum, Amazon Web Services: Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Simple Storage Service (S3), Lambda, Cognito, API Gateway, Apache Kafka, SmartDraw, Jira, Tableau, Swagger, Postman, UML.
- Created business and technical requirements, functional specifications, gathered and translated functional requirements into technical requirements using Scrum methodology.
- Coordinated with onshore and offshore development teams for functional requirements specifications in form of use cases, process flows, and prototypes and management reporting requirements using multiple elicitation techniques such as interviews, focus groups, brainstorming, prototyping, and Joint Application Design (JAD).
- Worked with the team to prepare a detailed Business Requirement document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Document (SRS).
- Worked closely with the compliance team to validate that requirements were in accordance to HIPAA.
- Assisted Product Owner in communicating with the development team for clarification of requirements, development of acceptance criteria, and prioritization of User Stories.
- Created mockups, low fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes using Balsamiq.
- Assisted in the development of User Stories throughout the Agile Lifecycle as well as created UML diagrams like Use Case and Activity diagrams with SmartDraw.
- Used Jira for User Story Management, Requirements Traceability, and Defect Prioritization.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries. Used functions like joins, unions, outer joins, group by, order by and aggregate functions to extract data for storage in the Amazon Simple Storage Service buckets.
- Created logical data interface document by collaborating with systems architect that maps the relationship between original source fields and target destination fields. Also performed Data Profiling and Validations.
- Created data mapping document for the application after finalizing the attributes and tables with business users and communicated dependencies and potential risks.
- Assisted Data Analyst in all stages of the development process and specifically in the extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) phases of the project.
- Worked on API documentation using Swagger tool. Analyzed domain specific APIs while conducting the Interface analysis, to interpret the data formats in their WSDL/WADL for a thorough understanding of business requirements and supported integration of compliance REST APIs with Business Rules Engine.
- Performed API testing using Postman to check if the API’s are returning the data in JSON, XML format as defined in the API documentation using Swagger tool and required by workflow.
- Worked with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes. Helped the Testing team in creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and collected Test Data for successful completion of Integration Testing and Functional Testing.
- Wrote the test strategy document in accordance to the Business Requirements Document.
- Performed Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, User Acceptance Testing including writing UAT cases and resolved issues with the users.
- Created various charts, graphs, reports for business analysis using Tableau Business Intelligence tool.
- Reported extractions to formats like Snapshots and Dashboards as per requirements and predictive analyses.
- Conducted Knowledge Transfer sessions for newly-hired team members to make them understand the functionality of the end-to-end solution.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Environment: MS Word, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Confluence, SQL, Oracle DB, Postman, HP ALM, UML, Tableau, iOS.
- Worked at the Team Level in a SAFe® environment. Assisted Project Manager in drafting the Project plan; defining scope, establishing work breakdown structure, defining critical path analysis and project milestones using Microsoft Project.
- Involved in HIP AA assessment and HIPAA X12 EDI transaction (835, 837, 270/271) mapping and identified changes that needed to be done to comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Worked with HIPAA compliant ANSI X12 837 formats for all the types of claims and was responsible for testing the HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets 837 transactions.
- Involved in Gap and Feasibility analysis for the design and architecture of the new application.
- Involved in Requirement Scoping and analyzing high priority requirement s for implementation.
- Created Business Requirements Document (BRD ), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), System Requirement Specifications Document (SRS) and use case documents using MS Word.
- Involved in creating UML diagrams like activity, sequence, and class diagram s using MS Visio.
- Helped the Product owner to identify dependencies in a Backlog Grooming meeting and assisted in breaking down large Epics to User stories by using prioritization techniques.
- Involved in GUI Design with Usability Team. Created mockup screens and wireframes using Balsamiq .
- Involved in all the scrum ceremonies, namely: Sprint Planning meeting, Daily Scrum Meeting, Product backlog refinement meeting, Sprint Review meeting and Sprint Review meeting.
- Enabled team to resolve impediments during the entire project lifecycle; also, drafted and updated the Sprint Burndown charts and tracked the Velocity and the Sprint Progress.
- Used Jira to track the progress and report it to the Product Owner. Also helped team members view status at sprint level, team level, and team member level on Jira.
- Facilitated communication from and among the clinical end users across the patient care departments while working collaboratively and directly with the vendors and IT Department members.
- Executed SQL queries to test the database for records that detect and submit functional acknowledgement and remittance advice in the claims application.
- Used previous knowledge of S ervice-Oriented A rchitecture (SOA) to decide the orchestration of various internal and external Web service s using REST and SOAP API to save the cost and time of the project.
- Used Swagger to design and document the RESTful Web Services.
- Worked with Cross Functional Teams and interacted with all levels of management for requirements, resources, and project status and delivering custom applications in phases.
- Assisted the QA in developing a test plan, writing test scenarios, test cases, test script s using Cucumber.
- Assisted in performing Functional Testing of the application using Selenium tool. Assisted in Manual Testing of functionalities like Browser compatibility and Navigation.
- Implemented the Application run and analyzed defects reporting and tracked using HP Quality Center .
- Used QlikView for generating Informational and Analytical Reports for problem identification, data analysis and visualization, and making recommendations.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
Environment: Waterfall-Hybrid, MS Visio, Unified Modeling Language (UML), MS Word, MS Excel, Jira, SQL Server 2008, HP Quality Center.
- Interacted with key stakeholders and end users for gathering business requirements using elicitation techniques like Brainstorming, Focus Groups, Interviews, and Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions to create Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Developers, Project Managers and Quality Analysts to discuss business requirements, test planning, and defect tracking sessions.
- Followed an Agile process to implement in the feedback in the consecutive defined sprints, thereby promoting the iterative repetitive incremental application development cycle.
- Developed clinical records of the department and provided documentation of proposed workflow for conversion of ICD9 - ICD10 by using MS Excel.
- Functioned as a primary liaison between the business user, project sponsor, operations team, and the technical team throughout the project life cycle.
- Worked with project sponsor, project team and other stakeholders to determine project milestones and report on progress; prepared communication and managed project documentation using Confluence.
- Presented weekly progress to Project Manager or Senior Management.
- Identified gaps in the requirement document, communicated, and ensured satisfactory resolution of gaps.
- Managed workflows and user security requirements to optimize claims operational efficiency.
- Documented business processes for the creation of the enterprise mobile application.
- Identified, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and Use Case Scenarios.
- Created UML diagrams such as Use Case diagrams and Activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Wrote SQL scripts for creating performance evaluation reports by pulling data from different databases and migrated data back and forth. Used various functions such as joins, triggers, aggregate, and union.
- Created data mapping documents for the movement of data from production databases to the warehouse. Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse. Worked in creating the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and assisted in ETL process.
- Validated Technical data mapping of ICD 9 to ICD 10 conversions for clinical modification.
- Assisted Sr. Technical writer in creating the API Documentation, which described how to use the Software, by thoroughly understanding the API, arguments, return type and languages and interface it supports using Postman.
- Ensured good performance of the assigned efforts to the mutual satisfaction of the business partners/sponsors.
- Worked on the continuous improvement of Quality Assurance Process by reviewing and evaluating existing practices with standard testing guidelines.
- Performed User Acceptance Test (UAT) for 5010 and ICD 10 codes. Assisting leading through UAT procedure; also conducted training sessions for the end users along with the necessary documentation.
- Conducted reviews with QA team for Test Scenarios, Test plans, Test cases and analyzed Test results and involved in Report Generation in Quality Center/ALM related to defect report and validated defects after bugs were fixed.
- Worked with Tableau for identification of changes to the organization and prepared balance score card.
- Developed standardized operational excellence compliance reports in consolidation with KPI dashboard.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Environment: MS Word, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Confluence, SQL, Oracle DB, Postman, HP ALM, UML, Tableau, iOS.
- Implemented new agile processes planned and coordinated sprints within a Waterfall-Hybrid environment.
- Also, accountable for Medicaid Claims Resolution/Reimbursement for each state health plan using MMIS.
- Worked as primary liaison between business partners and clients.
- Conducted Impact analysis of the current functionality with the to-be business processes to provide recommendations and finalize business requirements. Modified System flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Facilitated Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions to focus on defining Health Claims Processing.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed them and used Jira to display and manage requirements for the whole team.
- Worked with the Compliance Team to ensure that requirements are HIPAA-compliant and HL7-compliant.
- Facilitated and assisted client meetings and discussed potential risks and liabilities.
- Collaborated with other SME’s to scope the proposed project, make time and quantify business benefits and preparing the business case using MS Word.
- Assisted in developing the systems implementation documents, project management plan with milestones and steps till implementation and maintenance phase in the SDLC.
- Designed and reviewed various documents including the Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM). Translated business requirements and assisted IT with the development of technical specifications.
- Actively participated in wireframe and storyboard creation for iOS apps and facilitated the numerous feedback iterations with stakeholders and end users.
- Worked with Business users to create UML diagrams like use case and activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Data cleansing, and data mapping were done for validating the database structure in OLAP.
- Created Test Plans, Test cases and assisted in running them manually by using HP Quality Center.
- Analyzed defects using Quality Center and tracked them to completion by communicating with the team.
- Used Jira to create issues and issue logs, configure work request template, change request template and problem request template for the users.
Jr. Business Analyst
Environment: erwin Data Modeler, SQL, Oracle 11g, SQL Server, Windows Server 2003, MS Word.
- Worked in Waterfall methodology assisting Sr. Business Analyst and DBA to gather requirements.
- Defined the scope and requirements of healthcare benefits by communicating with Customers and Stakeholders.
- Conducted user interviews and JAD sessions to gather and analyze requirements.
- Conducted Gap analysis to document requirements for existing system enhancements.
- Created business requirements document and functional requirements document after gathering both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Worked closely with the development team to verify that business requirements are fulfilled, and deliverables are produced within the deadlines concerning budget, quality, and time.
- Worked with different database connections like SQL server, Oracle using SQL cardinalities, joins, views, aliases, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Assisted in creating Star Schema models to develop Logical and Physical Data Models. Assisted in designing Star Schema to design dimension and fact tables. Used erwin Data Modeler for data modeling.
- Used MS Word for the development of test case documents and specification documents with all universal mapping standards.
- Worked on replication of real time transaction feed by fabricating transactions required for UATs.
Jr. Business Analyst/Data Analyst
Environment: Waterfall, MS Word, Access, SQL, Power Point and Outlook, MS Visio, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), User Acceptance Testing.
- Elicited business requirements from business end users using techniques like Questionnaires, Interviews and JAD sessions.
- Interacted with Users to verify user requirements and update existing documentation.
- Prepared detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) to in corporate high-level business requirements, and Software Requirements Specification (SRS) for functional, non-functional requirements using MS Word.
- Worked on GUI development by creating mockups to review requirements, provide feedback on the screen design using MS Visio.
- Experience in documenting the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Developed advanced SQL queries using joins, unions, outer joins, group by, order by and aggregate functions to extract data to manipulate and calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying tables and columns from which data is extracted.
- Coordinated with the testing team during the formulation of Test Plan and Test Cases for Functional, System, Integration, UAT and Regression Testing based on Design Document, User Requirement Document for the Functional and Performance Testing.
- Collaborated with the QA to ensure adequate testing of software by conducting User Acceptance Testing.
Business Data Analyst
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SQL Profiler, QlikView.
- Involved in requirements gathering and analysis of the project using Waterfall model and translated them to technical specifications and design documents for development.
- Wrote SQL queries and optimized the queries in SQL Server 2008.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL on various sources systems including SQL Server.
- Retrieved data from MySQL Database and generated customized Reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports using SSRS.
- Involved in thorough code walkthrough for the team members to check the functional coverage and compliance with appropriate coding standards.
- Performed and conducted complex custom analytics as needed by clients.
- Developed various Charts and Graphs like bar charts, line charts, pie charts etc. by using QlikView