- Over 13+ years of experience as an IT professional in various Organizations taking different roles in multiple projects supporting New Implementations, Enhancements and Upgrades.
- Involved in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) within different software methodologies like Waterfall , Kanban , Agile and Iterative and Incremental development processes to maintain and modernize Legacy, Core and emerging applications.
- Over 7+ years of comprehensive experience as a Business Analyst in Business , Technical and Managerial verticals
- Over 4+ years of experience in leading project activities and resources, taking business decisions, guiding, coordinating teams in an Onsite - Offshore modal.
- Good knowledge of Financial (Brokerage, Credit Card, Banking and Mortgage), Transportation and Telecom domains
- Assisted managing projects from initial phase through final implementation as well as ensuring the projects are aligned with organization goals and objectives
- Experienced in needs assessment activities to understand a business problem or opportunity and evaluating various inputs to develop an effective solution scope
- Experienced identifying key stakeholders and determine stakeholder values regarding the product using elicitation techniques in order to prioritize requirements
- Experienced in managing business analysis activities by establishing tools, policies, procedures for requirement management plan, change management plan, document control and acceptance criteria
- Experienced in developing requirements traceability matrix (RTM) to track, monitor and validate the requirements
- Experienced in requirement management plan activities that includes elicit or identify requirements, analyze, decompose and elaborate requirements
- Experienced in creating a requirement baseline by using decision making and valuation techniques in order to accept, deferred or reject requirements
- Experienced in writing requirement specifications for development based on Use cases, user stories, data and interface
- Experienced in developing F low charts, Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Data diagram and Class diagrams, data models, Process and business flows, Wireframes or mock-up interfaces
- Experienced in providing analysis and technical support in the UI, web/client server and relational data base applications
- Skilled with MS Office tools (Visio, PowerPoint, Word & Excel)
- Experienced in validating requirements against business case details to ensure requirements are complete and accurate
- Experienced in managing activities related to requirements life cycle by continuous tracking, monitoring, documenting
- Proficient in creating Business Requirements Document (BRD), User stories, Functional Specifications Design (FSD)
- Experienced in facilitating meetings with stakeholders, SME and end-users to update and communicate requirement status, manage requirements changes
- Supported testing for validating and analyzing the solution results to identify gaps and evaluating and obtaining stakeholder sign-off on the developed solution
- Experienced in organizing brainstorming, interviews, workshops, walkthroughs, JAD sessions and test case reviews
- Experienced in SWOT analysis, Impact analysis, Gap analysis, Risk and Comparative Analysis
- Experienced in working with Soap Web Services and REST API in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experienced in using Relational Data bases and developing SQL queries for data validation
- Experienced in bug tracking and test management tools using JIRA, HP ALM and Quality Center
- Experienced as a technical writer in technical documentation for completeness, format, and compliance with project requirements
- Innovative, Critical Thinking and Self Motivated and possess qualities like being detailed oriented, organized and able to work in fast paced environment.
- Confident, pro-active, analytical, fast learner and detail-oriented candidate with excellent multitasking capabilities to perform exceptionally in ever changing and stressful environments
Bug Tracking: Jira, HP ALM, Quality Center, Test Director, Rational tools
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, MS SQL, Teradata, DB2
Mainframe: Extra personal Client 6.5 (TSYS), BETA
Management: Version One, MS Share Point, PAC2000/Remedy, knowledge link, live link MS Project, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Visio
Business modeling: UML, IBM-BPM, RUP
Others: SAP BO/BI, BW, Business objects XI/R2/R3, Xcelsius, GIT, GitHub, TableauSalesforce/CRM
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved in the overall brokerage business and project scope and objectives within in wealth management business goals.
- Worked closely with business partners, functional lead and SME's to understand the complete brokerage process
- Supported project manager to create project vision document and business case
- Gathered requirements for project business case through interviews, meetings, and existing documents to understand the project goals and high level requirements high level
- Participated in analysis meetings and to understand the cross platform dependencies and solutions
- Identified opportunities for business process improvement through various meetings with business users and developers and initiated efforts to make improvements.
- Acted as liaison between business stakeholders and project teams and providing support and right level details
- Conducted Gap Analysis by checking and validating requirements in coincidence with the stakeholders needs.
- Conducted requirement walkthroughs and gained requirements sig off from various stake holders for the business need
- Performed requirement gathering & analysis by actively soliciting, analyzing and negotiating customer requirements and prepared the functional specification document (FSD)
- Facilitated JAD sessions with business owners, technical leads, quality assurance, and system architects in order to refine technical specs and create ownership by all involved
- Participated in grooming sessions regularly to elaborate each user story into a more granular level for DEV/QA team to understand and convert them into a technical/testing solution.
- Assisted Functional Lead and Product owner to create epics and User cases, User stories with defined acceptance criteria
- Closely worked with Product owner to maintain product/Sprint backlog and have them regularly prioritized.
- Groomed Version One backlog stories along with Product Owner and other team members to ensure that stories are in ready state to be picked up by the sprint team.
- Updated version one user stories to track and monitor of changing or updated requirements
- Created dependency user stories and conducted team reviews refining and estimating development and testing tasks
- Participated in sprint ceremonies (grooming/planning/stand ups/retrospective & collaboration meetings)
- Updated and tracked legacy requirements of Domestic and Foreign wire processing and related intraday wires for Retails, brokerage and retirement accounts.
- Translated business requirements (BRD) into functional requirements (FSD) and documented them for dev/QA team in order to refer and implementation.
- Created specification documents for each user stories and worked with UCD team to finalized the mock up designs
- Identified gaps between legacy and new requirements and features of the working software.
- Worked with (UI) team to create and updated mock-ups or prototypes to ensure that functionalities are captured and presented on the front end as per the updated requirements.
- Conducted S2 analysis meetings to discuss cross team (1BU1,1WU2,9ITS,9TRN ) dependencies for 3BOX development
- Created documentation for data mapping for archival reports, error handling, system activity and sequence diagrams
- Added angular and knockout functional and technical inputs for Technical Requirements Definition (TRD)
- Participated in test case review meetings and guided and provided the comments to ensure testing coverage.
- Supported Retails and IRA wires (Custodial/RMD/Non-RMD) test account condition for various distribution reasons
- Coordinating user acceptance testing (UAT), reviewing functional test cases, and analyzing defects, interacting with QA and dev teams for fixing issues/defects.
- Monitored & tracked and escalated impediments to the cross functional teams at right time.
- Supported disaster recovery or BCP events for Retail or IRA release wires
- Documented engineering processes and specifications for software development lifecycle, product delivery, and product and patch releases.
- Assisted in maintenance and updates of documents after application and business changes occurred
- Participated in post deployment validations in production and supported command center.
Environment: Share point, Wisdom, Smart station, BETA (TSYS), MS Visio, ALM Quality center, MS project, Version One, PAC2000, IBM-BPM, JIRA, agile, Oracle, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project)
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved in PI and sprint planning and end user review meetings for grooming the requirements and identifying high level project objectives and scenarios
- Worked with the Product Owner to understand the scope of the project and created product vision, Epics and user stories, built and prioritize the backlog.
- Worked with a cross-functional team of Business Development and Conducted requirement sessions, meetings, focus groups, and live conferences with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to outline the business needs
- Facilitated requirement gathering sessions with the team leads to gather intent requirements and documented them for review by both business and technical team members
- Analyzed the business requirements and system specifications to understand the application
- Participated in the design and development of software using agile development practices
- Effectively participated in daily agile stand-ups and tech scrums meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings
- Elicit Requirements through walkthroughs, documented "As Is" and "To Be" Workflow Processes, conducted gap analysis
- Assisted in the architecting and/or documenting of disaster recovery solutions
- Creating process flows and system architecture diagrams using Visio.
- Business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement.
- Skilled with MS Office tools (Visio, PowerPoint, and Word & Excel).
- Closely working with product management team to gather changing requirements
- Liaison with key stakeholders and conduct brainstorming sessions to get exact requirements
- Assisted the team in resolving any questions related to business or functional requirement or business process
- Reviewed proposed changes to documents to ensure complete traceability, timeliness and accuracy.
- Involved in understanding current business as well as their legacy systems
- Responsible for creating documentation like use cases, BRD, SRS and other functional documents
- Facilitated requirement and UI walkthroughs with developers and QA team to help them understand the requirements
- Helped UI team to create mockups, wireframes, mockups and screens
- Coordinated testing activities across QA and UAT community, Ops team and business intent owners
- Interacted development team and help them to understand the technical aspects of the solution
- Assisted in preparing information for Audit reports and inquiries for disaster recovery (TREx) exercise
- Maintained traceability matrix for business requirements and UAT test cases using HP Quality Center
- Monitored usability and functional testing and recommend corrective and preventive actions
- Conducted bug triage with QA and Development team to go over the defects
- Presented the developed solutions to the concerned audience and solicit feed back
- Created document repository using SharePoint and Wiki tools
- Participated in migration, handover, end user training and deployment activities
Environment: Excel, MS Project, JIRA, MS Visio, SharePoint, MS Word, Microsoft SQL 2005, Ecommerce, .net, Ruby Mine, Cucumber, Ruby, Gherkin, Java, TFS, SoapUI, HP ALM, Oracle, TSYS, Splunk, GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, Hbase, Splunk.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked with IT resources and other departments on inter-departmental tasks and projects
- Conducted business observations and facilitate focus group sessions, vision exercises, and design review sessions.
- Developed functional documentation and detailed system requirements for approved changes and enhancements
- Participated in pilot studies of innovative strategies to enhance business solutions
- Performed impact and gap analysis to understand in order the current as-is to identify the to-be.
- Conducted JAD sessions for critical features of the system and for requirements validations.
- Conducted Pre-elaboration session, and work with the UX analyst to explain the business need.
- Worked with the agile teams for Story elaboration sessions to analyze the stories, capture definition of done
- Developed business process and work flow diagrams.
- Managed stakeholder relationships and foster continuous communication.
- Resolved system issues as they relate to production processing, report applications and system output.
- Played a major role in documenting business analysis, functional and technical specifications.
- Provided assistance and support during System and Beta testing (UAT).
- Created Use Cases and drew out requirements and acceptance criteria for user stories
- Prepared a traceability matrix for tracking the requirement to software requirement specifications and test cases.
- Developed Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Class Diagrams.
- Designed SQL queries for Backend Testing and Report Generation accordingly based on the specifications.
- Prepared Test Reports and submitted the Bug Findings to the Bug Tracking system using Quality Center and its modules
- Involved in creating a detailed System Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts for different modules in the Application according to the Business Requirement Documentation.
- Conducted meetings with the Business representatives to review products.
Environment: Business objects XI R2, SAS, Xcelsius, XML, Web sphere, UNIX, Windows, Oracle, PL/SQL,SQL Server, Share point, MS-Project, MS-Office, Windows XP, Power point, Excel and SharePoint 2010, Visio, Apache, Linux
Confidential, Washington, DC
Business /Data Analyst
- Assisted with Stakeholder identification and Stakeholder interviews
- Defined, prioritized, communicated project objectives and scope
- Performs and communicates results of Stakeholder analysis
- Coordinating all the project task activities between offshore and onsite as well as with development team.
- Review all Requirement specification docs, Functional design docs for completeness and testability.
- Worked on Data Mapping while importing data from MS access legacy systems to Business objects
- Liaised between client and functional teams to ensure work met client requirements.
- Attended weekly test plan/project status meetings and reviews.
- Maintained and running Regression test cases.
- Managed and Analyzing and prioritizing defect lists and defect resolution.
- Monitored progress based upon schedules and requirements.
- Coordinated with technical leads for determining when fixes will be promoted to test environments.
- Strong coherence with SDLC process focusing on Agile, Waterfall and RUP methodologies.
- Conducted user interviews, attended JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions, created agendas and documented analysis in requirement gathering.
- Responsible for post development peer reviews and deployment of packages.
- Identified the use cases from the gathered requirements and prepared a comprehensive Use Case Specifications
- Verified and validated data model with changes to business information and rules.
- Prepared the detailed work flow diagram based on the proposed enhancement for the system
- Extensively interacted with both user group and development team in coming up with structured charts, class and sequence diagrams
- Responsible for Supporting User Interface Testing, System Testing, Data Quality Testing
- Identified, analyzed and documented defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in application functions, outputs, online screens, and content
- Translated and standardized technical information to compose clear, readable documents, ensuring ease of reading by both technical and non-technical personnel.
Environment: Business Objects XIR2, Crystal Reports, BO Dashboard manager, Designer, Webi Rich Client, Xcelsius, oracle, SAP BW, SQL Server 2005, SQL, VSS, ASP.net, Unix, Fiddler, Quality Center, MS Visio, and Windows XP/2000
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
BA / QA analyst
- Gathered Business Requirements from users, maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Worked with business and technical team to develop business requirements for implementation
- Delivered all the required deliverables as per project schedule in every phase of SDLC.
- Presided over several meetings during the project, documented the minutes and recorded functional requirements
- Performed feasibility, adaptability study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from USER perspective.
- Extensively involved in gathering business requirements and system requirements and specifications. Provided conceptual solution. Translated conceptual solution into technical design. Extensively worked on system architecture.
- Reviewed test cases, test plans, test strategies, traceability matrix for QA team.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams (State diagrams) for the stakeholder review.
- Analyzed and documented Business requirements and detail design of the software for full understanding of the business
- Conducted JAD sessions to elicit requirements and Worked on GAP analysis for filling gaps
- Used MS Visio to create Use Cases, Workflow diagrams, Use Case diagrams
- Created Test Plans and Test cases, preparing the Defect reports using Quality Center and interacted with developers for Debugging.
- Supported clients in all testing phases through UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
Environment: Unix, SQL Server, Tera Data, Oracle, Windows XP, MS office, MS Visio, Quality Center, MS office, Java,API
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Involved reviews for analyzing Business, System and Functional overview documents (FODs)
- Created Test Plans including system test plan, integration test plan, QA project plans and resource planning and allocation according to Agile methodology
- Analyzed functional requirements and design Documents involved in both Manual and Automation Testing
- Acted as QA offshore coordinator for 5 member of offshore testing team.
- Responsible for daily task assignment, knowledge transition, task reviews with offshore team.
- Defined and documented test plans for applications and ongoing projects.
- Conducted ambiguity reviews and test plan and test case walk through.
- Involved in offshore resource planning and estimation.
- Perform daily status meetings, status update, test execution and management using reporting.
- Involved in integration test plan, test execution, defect management in every release.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT), tracked and managed defects via HP Quality Center and ensured full signoff from users following the successful completion of the UAT.
Environment: Test Director, Touch point, Java, Visual Basic, PVCS, WinNT, UNIX, TS2, .NET, MySQL, oracle, XML, Windows 2000/XP, MS Visio, MS-Project, MS-Office, ASP, Java, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Working with Customer and Managed and Supported Off-shore Quality Assurance Team
- Preparing the test plan for the enhancement projects
- Preparing the UAT and System test cases for the enhancement projects
- Giving walkthrough of test cases and test plan to all the stake holders
- System testing and UAT for the Front-End web applications.
- Publishing Daily and Weekly testing status report to all the stake holders during the test execution phase
- Logging and tracking the defects using test management tool
- Overall Quality assurance for every enhancement releases.
Environment: Test Director, Confidential test management, IIS, .net, MS office, VSS, waterfall model