- Extensive experience of over 8 years working in the IT industry, specializing in Digital Marketing, Digital Analytics domains for Telecommunications, Media, E - commerce and Entertainment sectors
- A thorough understanding of the various SDLC methodologies and hands on experience working in Waterfall, Waterfall/Scrum/Kanban Hybrid and Agile-Scrum Framework with an in-depth knowledge of other industry standard SDLC methodologies such asScrumban and SAFe 4.0, 4.5 (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Possess core and leadership skills including communication, decision making, problem solving, empirical analysis, critical thinking, documentation, visual modeling, facilitation, elicitation, stakeholder analysis, issue management, risk management, conflict resolution, team building, staff and resource management
- Adept at coordinating with Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and End Users to understand, analyze and gain consensus of requirements through a techniques such Prototyping, Brainstorming, Interviews, Focus Groups, Joint Application Design (JAD), Joint Application Review (JAR) sessions.
- Experience in preparing Project Deliverables such as Project Charter, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Statement of Work (SOW), Business Case, Business Requirement Document (BRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Data Mapping Document, RACI Matrix, Dependency Matrix, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Reports
- Deft in prototyping wireframes, mock-ups and illustrating diagrams i.e. UML Use Case, Activity, State, Sequence, Flowcharts and Data Modelling diagrams such as Conceptual, Logical, Physical & E-R diagrams
- Expertise in performing As-Is/To-Be GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis, Feasibility Study, Fishbone Analysis, Tree Hypothesis, Benchmarking and Root-Cause Analysis
- Adept at creating User Stories and slicing Themes, Features and Epics in Horizontal and Vertical slices based on Business Value and mentored best practices of TDD, BDD and ATDD, UAT &Defect Log tracking
- Proficient in the INVEST and SMART criterions, Acceptance criterions, and Definition of Done in Scrum
- Facilitated Sprint ceremonies for each sprint in Scrum Methodology as the Scrum Master and maintained Scrum artifacts such as impediments list, sprint burndown, sprint burnup charts and velocity charts
- Experienced in Estimation techniques such as Planning poker, Bucket system, Relative Mass Valuation, T-shirt sizing; and Retrospective techniques such as ORID, Happiness Histogram, Star Fish, Glad Sad Mad
- Adept in writing and executing Create Read Update Delete (CRUD) operations and complex SQL queries including complex joins, unions, grouping, aggregation, nested subqueries, triggers & stored procedures
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse architectures - Hub and spoke, federated, independent, centralized, along with ETL process, Data Marts, Star/Snowflake Schema, Facts, Dimensions, OLAP, MOLAP, ROLAP, HOLAP
- Adept in analytics & reporting tools like SSIS, SSRS, Tableau, Cognos, Spotfire, QlikView for OLAP
- Experienced in Big Data, Amazon Cloud technologies, NoSQL databases - DynamoDB and HBase
- Experienced in working with Data Lake/Enterprise Data Hub (EDH), using Cloudera - Hadoop environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem including HDFS, Name nodes, Data Nodes, Map Reduce, YARN and libraries such as Hive, Pig, Spark, Impala, Sqoop, Flume, Storm, Oozie, Ambari, Mahout, and Kafka
- In-depth knowledge of SOA architecture, ESB, TCP, FTP, HTTP protocols, web service APIs - SOAP, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON, XSD, XSLT, DTD, DOM, SAX parsers, WSDL config, Client and server-side validation.
- Experienced in supervising Black-box Testing, System Testing andUser Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Advance Knowledge in Marketing Automation, Content Management, Customer Engagement, SEO, SEM, PPC, CPI& CPM Campaigns, Lead Generation, Sales Insights, Revenue Cycle Analytics & Social Marketing.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Waterfall/Scrum/Kanban Hybrid, SAFe, Kanban, Scrumban
Modelling Tools: MS Visio, Oracle Data Modeler, Erwin, Visual Paradigm, UML 2.x, Lucid Chart, Rational Enterprise Suite, Rational Test Manager, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, UXpin, Balsamiq
Collaboration Tools: MS SharePoint, Confluence, Bit Bucket, GIT
ERP& CRM: SAP, PeopleSoft (Oracle), Microsoft Dynamic Nav, Salesforce CRM, Hubspot CRM
Requirement Management: JIRA, HP ALM, Rally (CA Agile Central), Accompa, MS Team Foundation Server, Version One, On-Time
ETL tools: Informatica Power Center 8.x/9.x, Talend, IBM Data Stage, PIG module of Hadoop
Testing Tools: HP ALM, Selenium, Load Runner, BugZilla, SOAP UI, Junit, Jmeter
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, MS-Access, Amazon RedShift, Dynamo DB, S3 Buckets
Big Data: Hadoop, Hive, Hue, Zookeeper, Apache Spark, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, Sqoop, Kafka
Data Warehousing: ER Modeling, Dimension Modelling, Data Vault Modelling, Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Data Profiling, Data Mapping, Data Mining, Data Validation, Star schema, Snowflake Schema
Reporting Tools: Tableau, Qlik View Dashboards, IBM Cognos, OBIEE, Power BI, MS office suite
Analytics Tools: SAS Essentials, SPSS, Tableau, Google Analytics, PowerBI, Qlik
Cloud Based Tools: Marketo, Hubspot, Salesforce DMP,Cloudera EDH, Informatica cloud, Oracle Cloud, AWS
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Seattle, WAResponsibilities:
- Elicited requirements from stakeholders and end clients applying Interviews, Brainstorming, JAD and Prototyping techniques to gather requirements and reach consensus to enhance digital marketing.
- Involved in Business Process Reengineering (BPR) by conducting Process modelling, SWOT analysis, Document analysis, and GAP analysis to analyze As-Is business process and the To-Be system.
- Captured the high-level requirements in Accompa requirements management tool and integrated the same with Atlassian’s Confluence and JIRA to trace epics and user stories to high level requirements
- Involved in creating wireframes, mock-up screens, Data flow diagrams, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and Activity diagrams for To-Be system, and Reporting UIs using Balsamiq,MS Visio
- Assisted in the development of the corporate web-site and mobile application from a customer perspective
- Acted as a liaison between Marketing Team and Management to create effective marketing campaigns, real - time content management, customer engagement marketing and email management
- Gathered API requirements to integrate Marketing Automation Software-Marketo, Salesforce Data Management Platform(DMP), Salesforce CRM, GoogleAnalytics 360 and SDKwith enterprise application
- Worked with the Development team to integrate Marketo’sREST API, Salesforceforce.comREST API, Salesforce DMPAPI with the application and assisted in API Documentation for synchronization.
- Oversaw the adoption of an omni-channel approach with a refined Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Pay Per Click (PPC) and Cost Per Impression (CPI) campaigns
- Coordinated withGoogle analytics, Tag Manager & Google AdWords integration in the existing application
- Assisted to analyze campaign results including trends, anomalies, test results, key insights and bounce rates
- Coordinated to improve the Lead Generation, Paid Search Campaigns, Predictive Intelligent Advertising, Landing Page tweaks and Web and Mobile personalization using Google Analytics&Marketo’s A/B Testing
- Gathered requirements to leverage Amazon Web Service AWS Dynamo DB for unstructured/semi structured data handling and AWS S3 Buckets to store public market data for analysis purposes
- Collaborated with SME’s, Compliance and Risk Experts to ensure exception handling, risk mitigation and compliances were implemented, documented and satisfied implementing marketing strategies
- Collaborated with Salesforce Admins and Sales team to manage customer account and track sales leads
- Performed Blackbox, UAT, A/B testing, and wrote test cases in Gherkin’s format on Cucumber
- Generated Reports and KPI through analytics for management to inspect, adapt and measure ROI
- Effectively facilitated timeboxed Scrum Ceremoniesand removed any impediments the team faced
- Coached teams to write effective user stories using INVEST criteria, and tasks using SMART criteria, defined Acceptance criterions, and Definition of Done. Used various Estimation, Planning and Retrospective techniques such as Agile Poker and Star Fish, ORID and Mad Sad Glad
- Coached scrum team to be self-organizing, transparent, cross-functional and accountable
- Attended various scrum ceremonies and workshops of other team to improve the learning of my team and organized multiple team building activities to improve the team’s morale, collaboration and productivity
- Encouraged teams to participate in other code reviews and involve in collective learning process
- Proactively removed blockers and impediments while identifying and mitigating risks and issues in sprints
- Documented all workshops, retrospective and other ceremonies notes in Confluence for transparency
S r. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential,New York, NYResponsibilities:
- Facilitated JAD sessions, Interviews, wrote Status Reports, Oral Presentations, Emails and coordinated extensively with Product Owner,End users, Technical and non-Technical team members to gather functional and non-functional requirements in the form of user stories to enhance theweb channel
- Assisted in gathering API requirements to integrate Hubspot in the client facing application
- Gathered requirements to transition modules of the application into Hubspot, to leverage enhanced content management, marketing campaigns, andmore interactive and user specific content
- Developed reporting templates and created ongoing campaign reporting, continuously analyzing the campaign performance to generate optimizations for a higher ROI across the digital media i.e.display, paid social, video, email, SEM)and worked with the Marketing Manager to improve the campaign outcomes.
- Acted as a liaison between Hadoop Administrator and Developers in setting up the nodes and clusters of Hadoop eco-system with the help of tools like ClouderaManager and services like Zookeeper and YARN.
- Collaborated to define Business rules and transformation rules for transferring data into Hadoop using tools like Apache Flumefor clickstream data and Apache Scoop for structured external market data
- Collaborated with development team in developing business scenario simulation algorithms using Apache Spark, Apache HBase, and Oozie and automation of workflows using Apache Mahout.
- Involved in getting data from UNIX file systems on to the nodes of HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System)
- Coordinated with the Hadoop administrator in node cluster operations using Zookeeper and systems architect in fine tuning applications, and systems for higher performance and throughput. Responsible for identifying data sources from internal systems, external systems, silos on legacy systems, third party systems, social media, clickstream for the Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) using Cloudera.
- Gathered requirements on the different frequencies of data ingest (Batch/streamed real-time/part-time) to be loaded on the EDH using Spark, Flume, Sqoop, Pig (Hadoop services)
- Identified and defined Data sources and conducted Data profiling, Data cleansing, and Data Governance
- Performed root cause analysis to identify data quality problems, and historical trends.
- Created scenarios and iterations to be run using Impala (Hadoop service) to produce more precise insights
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Trenton, NJResponsibilities:
- Elicited database and reporting requirements by facilitating JAD sessions, conducting Interviews, and brainstorming with the business owners, stakeholders and data warehouse team
- Created artifacts like Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD) to document the requirements and Data Mapping document
- Involved in the process ofcreatingdata flow, use case, E-R, conceptual and Logical Modeldiagrams
- Performed Risk Analysis and createdWork Breakdown Structure (WBS) along with Project Manager
- Conducted data profiling after identifying the source data source using Informatica IDQ
- Assisted database developersin normalization and transformation of data and datatypes, by creating Star Schemadimension modelling, enabling source to target columnnameand data mapping
- Helped Data Analysts in developing slowly, rapidly changing and conformed dimensions and fact tables
- Used Informatica in identifying business rules, and defining passive and active transformations like constant, look-up, data type conversion and data transformation
- Worked along with ETL developers using Informatica Workflow Manager, by assisting them in Extraction, Transformation, and Loading operations while documenting and monitoringETL logs
- Assisted testing team and wasresponsible for creating and monitoring Requirements Traceability Matrix, test cases, test plans, defining User Acceptance criteria and tracking defects
- Assisted in developing OLAP cubes and Performed Rollup, Drill down, Slice and Dice operations
- Responsible for creating dashboards and customized visualizations to present the reports as per business requirements that helped in strategic decisions and validated reports using PowerBI
ENVIRONMENT: VersionOne (v-13.1), Informatica (v-9.1), BEA WebLogic, GIT hub, MS Visio(13.0), Erwin, Oracle10g,Perl, HTML, Clear Quest, Power BI, HP Quality center, My SQL, Toad, XMLSpy, Clear Case, Agile-Scrum
- Analyzed Software Requirements documents and Business Requirements documents to get a betterunderstanding of the system on both Technical and Business perspectives
- Extracted and Gathered the Business requirements such as extensive search capabilities, sourcing tools from business experts and architects, developed Functional Specifications and Use Cases
- Worked on Salesforce CRM to set up new accounts, manage teams and issue resolution
- Applied strong analytical skills and used techniques like brainstorming, and interviews to ensure that themarketing team and the recruiting team communicated and collaborated effectively
- Involved in writing Business Rules to support recommendations for resolving business and technical issues
- Designed the Wireframes and Mockupsfor better communication between Business and Developers
- Participated in JADSessions to develop an architectural solution and ensure that theapplication meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and handle risks
- Worked on Integrating and Synchronizing Front Office by generating Job alert notifications, tracking communications, and matching job orders against available candidates
- Created Use Case Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams, using MS Visio according to UML methodology
- Conducted GAP Analysis in understanding how the upgraded system carries out the business functions andassists in ensuring the timely and effective implementation
- Conducted User-Acceptance Testing, Blackbox Testing before the release of the product to Business.
ENVIRONMENT: SalesForce CRM, SQL Server 2008, Agile Scrum, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, JIRA, JUnit