- Around 7 years of IT experience in comprehensive Business Analysis over a widespread industry domain knowledge in Healthcare, Property and Casualty. Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Production and Deployment.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) methodologies, enterprise environments, architectural and solution design, implementation and complex customizations.
- Experience in conducting in - depth Root-Cause Analysis, GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis.
- Liaison to several cross-functional teams and in-depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes.
- Experience in Adhoc Reports with required data extracted from the SAP/ERP system and documented the changes.
- Experience in detailing user stories from Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and clear understanding of Burndown charts.
- Involved in Lead planning meeting, Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for eliciting requirements from stakeholders through focus groups and interviews for documenting the BRD, FRD and FSD.
- Experience in preparing graphical depictions of project processes using Use Case Diagrams, Wireframes, Mock-ups, including the business workflow using MS Visio and Balsamiq.
- Experience in converting the business into technical specifications for preparing Test Plans.
- Experience in reformulating strategies through Process Re-engineering, Change Management, Release Management, Process Improvements and UAT Testing.
- Experience in tracing Requirements throughout the development process and verifying adherence using the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in generating Reports, Analytic Snapshots and Dashboards, enabling Email Services and constructing Page Layouts.
- Experienced in medical claims process, claim billing and terminology.
- User training on the changes being released and conducting post production activities like getting feedback from users. In case of any issues - doing Root Cause Analysis, prioritizing tasks with business users.
- Experience in creating test cases and participated in QA and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience working with testing team while driving the Functional requirements and Wireframes.
- Experience in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) standards: 270, 271, 835 and 837 which are used in various business processes.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and involved in upgradation of HIPAA 4010 transaction to HIPAA 5010 in healthcare with strong understanding of Medicaid and Medicare rules and claim adjudication.
- Experience in ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding and claims processing.
- Validated variety of claims detail using FACETS data model.
- Experience with FACETS claims processing system and gathered requirements to comply with HIPAA 5010 requirements.
- Experience with the 837 and 835 ANSI X12 transaction understanding the loops, segments, elements and structure.
Domain Expertise: Healthcare, P&C
Requirement Management: HP ALM, Blueprints, ERP
MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, OneNote, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Lotus Notes
MS: SharePoint, JIRA, VersionOne
Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, MS: Access, Informatica
MS: Visio, Balsamiq, Enterprise Architecture, Modelio
Business Intelligence: Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Tableau
Defect Tracking: Rally, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center
Languages: HTML, CSS, C, Python
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OS, Unix, Linux
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Salesforce Business Systems Analyst
- Responsible for end-to-end reporting of business analysis for insurance domain
- Served as a liaison between business unit and development team for implementation requests
- Managed third party vendors and applications integrated into Salesforce Org and documented the updates
- Built custom reports and dashboards through Salesforce for ground level users and upper management
- Created and trained management users on Salesforce Knowledge implementation
- Kept up to date in SFDC releases, reviewed thoroughly for new feature opportunities and impact to existing functionality
- Maintained and configured Users, Roles, Page Layouts, custom objects, picklists to support vital business functions and requirements
- Gathered requirements and had a thorough understanding of interpreting customer/client’s business needs and process flows to translate them into operational requirements
- Involved in gathering customer requirements from business user teams spread over customer service
- Involved in creating gap analysis document, business process and work flows of the organization with respect to Salesforce.com implementations
- Documented and performed Data Analysis and migrated data from external sources and legacy applications into Salesforce
- Worked with the Informatica team regarding the third-party vendor (e.g. CVS, Humana, Briova, MSH etc.) batch files and SOAP Webservices integrations
- Led project teams internally to achieve project defined milestones and deliverables
- Created custom formula fields, field dependencies, validation rules, and approval process for automated alerts and field updates according to the application requirements
- Planned, facilitated and reported on quality assurance testing efforts, issues and next action items
- Created Business Requirement Documents, File Interface Agreements, System Requirement Documents in Confluence along with creating User Stories and maintaining Agile boards in JIRA
- Trained the Operations Team during UAT and walked over the requirement and how it corresponded with the system.
- Assisted Production Support Team, solve the user raised cases on daily basis
Environment: Salesforce Classic, Salesforce Lightening, MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Share Point, JIRA, Confluence, SQL, Informatica, Agile Methodology
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator
- Gathered requirements from Business users and SMEs, through interviews, surveys, prototyping and worked with teams to identify the gaps and defects.
- Conducted GAP Analysis by creating process flows highlighting the differences between the current (As-Is) environment versus the target (To-Be) environment.
- Prepared project initiation plan and created Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Documented Sprint Backlog to manage User Stories and clear understanding of Burndown charts.
- Participated in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospective.
- Facilitated “Three Amigos” work sessions between developers, Product Owners and Business Analysts.
- Created and Updated Issues (Epic, Stories and Tasks) onto JIRA application.
- Created Flow Diagrams for UI Wireframes using Balsamiq.
- Guided the development teams to breakdown large and complex user stories into simplified versions for executions.
- Authored progress and completion reports which were then submitted to project management on weekly basis.
- Joined requirement grooming sessions during the sprints.
- Test the user stories for accuracy to ensure undisputed acceptance and validating stories.
- Co-ordinated business and IT signoff on requirements documentation.
- Assisted QA team to prepare Test Scenarios and Test Cases associated with UAT.
- Provided additional adjudication processing assistance to team members with complex reimbursement/insights.
- Generated Salesforce Reports and dashboards.
- Worked on Salesforce workflows and Validation rules.
- Customized tabs and dashboards for Stakeholders in Salesforce.
- Created the Traceability Matrix to map the functional requirements with Test Scripts.
- Trained users by documenting and giving presentation regarding the changes and new functionalities.
Environment: MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Share Point, Cognos, SQL, JIRA, Salesforce, Agile Methodology
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator
- Identified Stakeholders and aided in the collection of business requirements to create the Business Requirement Documentation (BRDs) using MS Word and MS Visio.
- Impact analysis was performed to determine the impact of ICD-9 to ICD-10 migration.
- Worked on full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from GAP Analysis, mapping implementation and testing for processing of Medicaid claims as well.
- Incorporated and implemented all the HIPAA standards, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transaction syntax like ANSI X12, ICD-9, ICD-10 and HL7.
- Conducted HIPAA 834 data mapping and interpretation, as well as the conversion of this type of data through uploading to the Facets application, via the MMS application.
- Worked with multiple clearing houses to ensure their EDI files are complaint with the internal format for Confidential Medicaid and helped resolve issues.
- Migrated documents from shared drives to SharePoint environment.
- Recommended corrective actions, if necessary, along with the progress against Development/Action Plan routinely to the Project Manager.
- Identified critical areas of business risk and modified business processes to reduce risk by using the Risk-Management Process.
- Worked with the Source System Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure that the extracts are properly mapped using SQL for data mapping and querying.
- As part of the data mapping procedures, assisted in writing requirement document for ETL - Data Extraction, Data Analysis and Loading process of collected data.
- Prepared presentations to highlight the changes made.
- Involved in in HIPAA 5010 UAT. Defined and maintained Test Cases for EDI Transactions.
- Delivered production support and post-production support, clarified changes to the business users, organized one on one sessions, one on many sessions to make sure the business users are aware of the system variations.
Environment: Facets 4.21, SharePoint, HP Quality Center, Crystal reports, MS Office Suite, Waterfall Methodology
- Worked as BA for multiple module wise development teams.
- Involved in JAD facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal and conflict negotiation skills.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance.
- Facilitated story points, Sprint planning, daily Stand-ups, Sprint Demo/Review and retrospective meeting to track progress and eliminated project impediments.
- Worked on creation of wireframes during the Elaboration Phase.
- Evaluated the information gathered from multiple sources, decomposed high level information into details to gain understanding of end-to-end solution.
- Assisted in grooming the Sprint and Release Backlog.
- Identified/Documented data sources and transformation rules required to populate and maintain the data warehouse content.
- Assisted in designing the organizational tools and forms to facilitate accurate data collection and recordkeeping.
- Involved in Documenting the results of Load Testing Process and created meaningful reports for analysis.
- Communicated business risks and project cross-impacts to Project Manager and BSA Manager- Support.
- Reviewed Test Plans that contains Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data and the expected results for the UAT.
Environment: SQL Server, Balsamiq, MS Office Suite, Agile Methodology