- Business Analyst with 7+ years of work experience and an exceptional record of delivering cost effective, high performance technology solutions to meet challenging business demands.
- A hard - working team player with extensive knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Testing Lifecycle, Data Modeling, GAP analysis, risk analysis, cost-benefit analysis, conducting Joint Application Development Sessions (JAD) and various methodologies including Waterfall and Agile-SCRUM.
- Skillfully documented Business Requirements, Use Case Specifications, Functional and Non-Functional specifications and UML diagrams.
- Team player and self-starter with excellent communication, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborated with product owners to write and prioritize customer centric documents like User Stories for Product Backlogs and participated in various scrum ceremonies such as product backlog grooming session, sprint planning meetings, daily stand up scrum, sprint review and sprint retrospective meeting.
Business Skills: : Business Process Analysis & Design, Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, JAD/JRP Sessions, Requirement Management, Technical Specifications, UAT, Defect Management, Change management, Test Plan & Test Cases.
Methodologies: : Agile, Scrum, RUP, Six-Sigma, Prototyping and Waterfall
Tools: MS Visio, Balsamiq Mockup, IBM Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, ClearQuest, HP Quality Center, Microsoft office Suite, MS SharePoint, MS Lync, JIRA, Informatica
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
- Analyze functional and non-functional categorized data elements for data profiling and mapping from source to target data environment
- Conduct interviews with SME and gather information about Health care Enrollment, Billing and Claims processing
- Ensure that project follows Business Rules and is in compliance with HIPAA rules to display minimum benefit information
- Profile the classification of different EDIs to facilitate the system in identifying and processing claims more efficiently
- Work with end users to define business design solutions (e.g. new workflows, systems, programs, reports)
- Facilitate organizational change strategy development and objective setting with cross-functional groups
- Assist QA team in developing Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Plans for the User Acceptance testing
Environment: Agile, MS Office, MS Access, MS Visio, MS SQL Server, GAP Analysis, UML, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, JIRA, Informatica
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions. Gathered requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards and surveys
- Created and executed SQL queries and scripts to validate data movement and generate expected results for UAT.
- Wrote User Acceptance Test Cases from requirements and managed them
- Created data mapping for different data sources like Bloomberg and Reuters; assisted ETL team with market data / data extraction, data transformation, and data loading
- Supported financial data modeling efforts by documenting the database requirements, financial data definitions, entity attributes, and entity relationship
- Analyzed utilization and capacity of the existing platform against performance goals while implementing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Financial Ratios within the system
- Captured all aspects of financial trading through process flow diagrams using MS Visio
Environment: Waterfall, Tableau, Microsoft Office, HP ALM, Informatica, Oracle, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, UML, UAT Testing
Business System Analyst
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Gathered business requirements by driving user-group meetings and working with various global, cross-functional and virtual teams
- Prepared project deliverables through business workflow analysis, process analysis, user requirement documents (Use Cases & Use case diagrams) and managed the requirements
- Documented artifacts including, but not limited to, Functional Specifications, and the Use Case Specifications.
- Extensively worked on EDI- 837 (Claims), EDI- 834 (Enrollment), EDI- 270/271 (Eligibility enquire/response).
- Experienced in developing Data Mapping, Performance Tuning and Identifying issues of sources, targets and sessions.
- Identified all use case components including basic, alternate and exception flows.
- Used Visio to model the processes using UML to create behavioral and structural diagrams.
- Experience in Facilitating organizational change strategy development and objective setting with a cross-functional group of Business stakeholders.
- Designed and developed Use stories, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, UML and Business Process Modeling
Environment: Agile, Tableau, MS SharePoint, Microsoft Office, HP ALM, Informatica, Spotfire, SQL -Teradata, MS-Visio, MS SharePoint, UML, UAT Testing
Confidential, New York, NY
- Proactively worked with special investigations officers' to elicit business requirements on designing their work queue with supporting artifacts such as process models, and UML diagrams
- Defined the custom objects and relationships for setting up Insurance policy and carrier objects based on user stories.
- Translated Insurance Agents' specific business requirements to functional specifications with mock-screens, and work flow sequence diagrams to aid the effective development & enhancement of disparate reporting process
- Partnered with Technical team, System Architects, Application Developers and Quality analysts for successful planning and implementation of the project within established timeline and supported user acceptance testing with the business users and other test events
- Developed roadmaps in line with HIPAA regulations to support accurate process flow for incoming claims from PCPs, specialists, Hospitals etc.
- Refined the claims processing system with documented decrease in errors in processing EDI claims by 43%
- Integrated Medicare (Part A, B, C and D) and Medicaid plans aligning with mandates of CMS with the existing product offerings and increased sales by 39% within the first two quarters of implementation
Environment: Agile, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Project, Teradata, MS Access, Oracle, HP QC, HP Load Runner, Trello, Bizagi
Confidential, New York, NY
- Acquired requirements from stakeholders (Directors, Admission’s staff and faculty) through interviews, Prototyping, Brainstorming, surveys/questionnaires and Observations
- Identified the deficiencies and opportunities for improvement within the current system through detailed SWOT Analysis
- Created UML diagrams (flow charts) to illustrate the flow of data and information through the proposed process to highlight the efficiency of the new system
- Conducted Gap Analysis and constructed comprehensive AS-IS and TO-BE Business Process Analysis to ensure successful implementation of the new system
- Reduced the response and processing time for requests by 40% within the Campus Management System and increased student satisfaction rating by 67%
- Expedited the application processing time by 38% while minimizing the time spent per application per admission personnel by 53%
- Authored a Standard Operating Procedure resulting in the initiation, implementation and success of two subsequent Business Process Re-engineering projects within the University
Environment: Waterfall, Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Microsoft Visio, HP ALM, XML, Oracle, Informatica