- Over 13+ years of experience, working as a business analyst in Finance, Banking and Retail Supply Chain domain with the SDLC Process flow involving everything from project initiation to design, development, testing and implementation.
- Considerable exposure in Research, GAP, Cost Benefit and Risk Analysis, Project Planning, technical integration and validating functionality.
- Industry standard processes and templates for requirement documentation including wire frames, requirements traceability matrix (RTM), use cases, test cases, and prioritization methods; data analysis; data modeling; project/software development life cycle (PLC/SDLC); MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio; Agile; project coordination; defect management; release management; creation of user manuals; conducting user trainings; and SharePoint.
- Well versed working in Agile environments and practices used in the industry.
- Exceptional in creating Screen Mock - ups, Wireframes, User Interface/Graphic User Interface (UI/GUI), Context Diagrams, Business Process Flows, and in developing Use Case Diagrams, Behavior Diagrams (Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams) based on the UML Methodology and Data Modeling techniques.Perform UNIX and Linux user Accounts Administration.
- Worked closely with the Integration System Test team to ensure all identified scenarios are properly tested, defects are resolved, and a quality end user product is delivered by conducting User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Well versed in conducting effective and productive Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with SMEs, software developers and QA teams for project meetings.
- Possesses strong knowledge of the software development methodologies including Agile and Waterfall Model.
- Excellent in problem solving, critical thinking, written and verbal communication, technical writings and prioritizing tasks for documentation and specification of the requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams with qualities like analytical thinking, attention to detail, multitasking, and act as a strong but diplomatic leader combined with an exceptional decision-making skill.
Project Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM)
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose
Requirement Management Tools: Caliber RM, Rational Requisite Pro, HP QC
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP QC-ALM
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Xp, vista7, Mac OS X
Databases: MS SQL Server
Utility: MS Office Suite, Word, Project, Excel, Visio, Power-Point, Adobe Acrobat Suite, Oracle, Share point, Power Designer, Tableau, XML, Postman
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Reviewed the Requirements & Design documents and understood the existing systems & functionalities.
- Lead JAD Sessions to Collect Requirements from Business User to initiate systems development process.
- Utilized the Agile Scrum methodology to analyze the requirements to create stories
- Updated, Monitored and Managed each story created in Version One throughout the sprint cycle
- Facilitated daily scrum stand ups sessions identifying and working with the responsible parties to eliminate blocks/issues
- Facilitated Backlog grooming sessions with business owners and technical team identifying risk and creating ways to eliminate risk
- Worked with other Scrum masters to facilitate sprint planning sessions, creating roadmaps in version one Participated in weekly meetings with the management team and walkthroughs.
- Maintained a Traceability Matrix to ensure that all Functional Requirements are addressed at the Use Case Level as well as the Test Case Level.
- Defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies
- Assisted in Transforming entire Oracle project to NoSQL data base using MongoDB, and BSON APIs.
- Extensive experience in Communication with different team to capture detailed information of the application and Implement Budgeting and Reporting System
- Created wireframes to provide a visual idea of the mobile application requirement.
- Tested mobile applications during UAT, on simulators to validate cross platform functionality.
- Experience in reviewing Test Procedures, defining Test cases, reviewing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with team members in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Handled Change Requests by capturing them in the available organizational templates & thoroughly analyzing them for the impact on the existing requirements.
- Reviewed and reported the progress of the project during all the phases.
- Strongly involved with verbal and oral communication with different teams.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, ERP, MS Visio),SharePint, MS-Project, Android (HTC, Samsung phone/tablet), IOS (iPhone 4, 4s, 5), Windows 2000, Rational requisite Pro, Lotus Notes SQL, J2EEE
Sr. Business Analyst
- Working as Sr. Business Analyst within the CitiRiskTechBA team to gather requirements from the business teams in the risk & compliance department to identify the current as-is process for regulatory reports.
- Analyze the current process and create a proposed solution to leverage the CitiRisk application to create the reports and send to the downstream systems as lattice feed.
- Responsible for analyzing and documenting the proposed solution to leverage the CitiRisk application. Present the solution and seek approval from internal leadership team and the business team.
- Create the Agile EPIC for the Business requirement and capture the major process as acceptance criteria within the JIRA epic.
- For each acceptance criteria, JIRA story card is created to detail the functional requirements expected from the CitiRisk application development team as acceptance criteria.
- Nice to have features like export to excel, PDF are captured as part of the requirements where needed.
- Requirements are identified for the File upload for users to manually load the product grain level summarized data for report generation.
- Requirements are identified where calculations are required to create the report using the account level or product grain level data to be developed by application development team.
- ADJUSTMENTS functionality is provided to the users, to modify the system generated report and add the comments to detail the changes. The Adjustments are required to be approved via the workflow before they are available in the feed generation list.
- Requirements are identified for the lattice feed generation to be sent to downstream systems to ensure that the reports are generated by system.
- Walkthrough of the groomed stories with the development/ scrum team members during the sprint planning ceremonies and assist with clarifications.
- BACKLOG: As part of requirements gathering and discussions with the business users, responsible for future EPIC backlog that would be potential requirements to be worked upon by the CitiRisk application team in near or short-term future.
Environment: MS-Visio, MS Office Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Agile
Confidential, New York, NY
- Conduct Brainstorming and Agile Grooming Sessions to groom user stories from Market Risk Group, Risk Reporting Team and other stakeholders (PMEs, Compliance, etc.
- Conduct Gap Analysis of the features and functionality of current platform version and new version to determine the new functions to be added in.
- Gathered data from different systems to create data mapping documents and consolidate data for ETL processes.
- Used SQL querying different database to source data and display in proper format in reports.
- Model the detailed design of the system using UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case, and Data Flow diagrams using Smart Draw.
- Acted as liaison between business users and Axiom configuration team.
- Work with Quantitative Analysts to understand different risk modeling methods.
- Review Test Plan and Test Cases provided by Testing Team and validate test cases.
- Involved in design and implementation of Progression and Regression Tests of the new functionalities added in QRM system.
- Manage bugs using Defect Tracking Tool like Jira, review each defect and assign development team to resolve problems.
- Generate User Manual and prepare Training Material of new QRM to internal users.
- Plan and Conduct User Acceptance Test (UAT)
Environment: Windows 7, Axiom, Microsoft SQL Server, Power Designer, MS Office, Jira, Smart Draw, Caliber RM.
Ecommerce Business Analyst
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Actively interacted with business users and SME's to understand the business concept, businessfeatures review, evaluate business objectives and client needs.
- Actively involved with business managers and web developers, serving as the information technology liaison for the business.
- Involved in all stages of SDLC approach for the project by participating in Requirement gathering and design, ensuring that coding and testing teams are well versed with the requirements expectation, perform solution validation and review test issues to conform on defects, support product implementation and maintenance.
- Gathered information from users and managers documented and specified new system features enhanced the changes.
- Testing user stories (technical & functional) at component, integration, System, CMS & functional level, working closely with the Developers, Scrum Masters.
- Customized theATGBCC 9.1 for developing key Tesco functionality like Customer Linking, ETL Log File Console, Programmatic work flow, RBP, CMS (Catalog Maintenance Service) etc.
- Successfully implemented 4 ATG end to end e-commerce services, including web, mobile / Web app, order management, fulfilment and warehouse management.
- Collaborated with design team in order to develop professional template and catalog for website.
- Educated stakeholders on updated software system in order to assist in modifying and creating new features.
- Participant in prioritizing system updating and take initiative in adding features to attract more traffic.
- Conducted Brainstorm meetings with stakeholders and helped to manage team to clear obstacles on the way.
- Involved in software design workshop sessions with the development team to ensure that the objectives are being met.
- Managed appropriate Scrum of Scrum sessions across enterprise agile teams to establish inter dependencies and eliminate any significant roadblocks.
- Identified and solved system problems related to connection process in different states of United States, reported application and overall system output.
- Involved in understanding the existing business value and enhance the value by simplifying the navigation system.
- EvaluatedATGversus custom solutions for promotions, catalog, merchandising, product and other coreCommercefunctions.
- Assisted testing team to identify software bugs and sent them to different developers for fixing.
- Custom tools upgrade client had created marketing, merchandising product tools to support their custom web application which needed to be re-architected to work with ATGCommercesuite.
- Involved in developing relationship between IT department and the business department by integrating activities to ensure the success of the business implementation and the support of the project.
Confidential, Bayonne, NJ
- Responsible for the completion of projects within specified time and budget dealing with financials, project workflow, change management and dealing with vendor relationships.
- Interacted with SME’s to gather system requirements for building the new Trading Platform.
- Coordinated with teams within the project to collect the high-level estimates and release requirements.
- Documented system requirement document.
- Documented Business Plan and Test Plan based on gathered requirements.
- Participated in JAD Sessions and daily Scrum Calls
- Organized weekly Project Status and Task Review meetings, created PowerPoint presentations and project updates using MS Project for management review.
- Involved in writing and execute test scripts based on requirements, design, and use cases
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and stakeholders to complete the tasks related to data conversion
- Created Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) / Functional Specification Documents (FSD).
- Setup and HP Quality Center to support users for each testing cycle including Functional Unit Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Modify existing HP QC Workflows (defects, reporting, and all others) and create new one as needed.
- Run all HP Quality Center Administration functions including Quality Center, Quick Test Pro.
- Involved in executing existing test scripts, writing and updating new test scripts, and writing test plans
- Involved in testing the newly built up applications and making the clients test the newly built applications.
- Identified, prioritized and designed various test scenarios.
- Played a key role in resolving the defects that developed in the transitions phase.
- Created documentation for training and help desk teams.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, Software Testing, Manual testing, HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, SQL Server .
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
- Gathered requirements, defined specifications by interviewing the business user group. Used Agile as software method.
- Brainstorm with Senior Management to define a common framework for providing the standardized business functionality using reusable components and Interact with the Technical Architecture team to discuss and evaluate the various technical options and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Developing the Proto type and preparing the process flow diagram.
- Supported and managed Waterfall Methodology.
- Formulated and documented business requirements using CaliberRM to support new product initiatives that support strategic plan and customer initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional teams to implement strategies.
- Works in partnership with Project Team, Functional Team Leads and functional end-users to identify and document business process improvement opportunities and complete the definition of requirements for system design, implementation & training.
- Conducted JAD with SME for property and casualty insurance process details and requirements. Used User Cases and Used Stories to define the functions and workflow. Interacted with Technical teams in developing requirements for the enhancement of Property and casualty Insurance process.
- Established Test data that accurately represents conditions necessary to meet application testing and certification requirements.
- Wrote business rules for migrating from legacy system to web-based application.
- Worked on extensive analysis and research based on existing customers.
- Facilitated user interview sessions with a committee of SME’s of Home Equity Loans Group and Mortgage Loan acquisition Groups, Los ( Loan Origination System), Loss Mitigation in understanding and documenting their business Process and user requirements.
- Preparing the Story Definition Document for the Loan Origination System.
- Responsible for creating UML modeling plans, Use cases, process flows, and business requirements documentation using Visio, CaliberRM and Star Team.
- Configured the development of Quality Control (QC) and User Acceptance (UA) test activities.
- Coordinated work plan between project manager and client with Microsoft Project; implemented and managed migration process; scheduled and tracked progress for team members of project through completion.
- Met with business stakeholders to gain consensus on new product functionality.
- Conducted Data analysis, Trend analysis and Gap analysis of business processes and requirements and identified technology enabled improvements.
- Prepared closing packages and requested funding for settlement.
- Performed Post Closing audits and delivery of files to secondary marketing investors.
- Utilized existing internal processes and improved those same processes for software problem identification, escalation, resolution and facilitated project team meetings.
- Continually reviewed and revised project processes to ensure accurate and timely results.
- Led JAD Sessions with end user community ensuring that the software addressed all
Environment: Windows XP/2000, Rational Suite (Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest), Agile, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook)