- 8+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst, working closely with business users, developers and subject matter experts through all phases of the SDLC. Strong Technical, Documentation and UML modelling skills. Worked in the capacity of a Scrum Master facilitating all scrum ceremonies - Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective Meetings. Coordinated teams in different time zones while actively maintaining a healthy velocity.
- Extensive experience in full SDLC Governance and Collaboration right from Inception to Deployment. Worked in Waterfall, Agile - Scrum as well as Scrum-Waterfall hybrid methodologies.
- Experienced in requirement elicitation, analysis & detailing, AS-Is and To-Be designing, GAP Analysis, Process Analysis, Risk Analysis, Document Analysis, Stakeholder Interviews, JRP, requirement walkthroughs.
- Proficiency in gathering SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) requirements and transforming them into functional and non-functional specifications.
- Conducting Web demonstration of application to business stake holders, QAs, Developers and Users.
- Clear and thorough documentation for business & technical complexity - RFP, SLAs, Project Initiation Document, BRD, FRD, NFRD, SRS, Meeting Minutes, Requirement Tractability Matrices.
- Proficient in creating page mock-ups, wireframes, and dynamic UI prototypes - HTML, MS VSIO, Balsamiq.
- Facilitated Scrum Ceremonies - Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective Meetings. Maintaining scrum reports - Burn Up/Burn down Charts, Velocity Chart, Impediment list, Sprint Report, Focus Factor.
- Collaborated on creating Work Breakdown Structure to define and group project’s discrete work elements using MS project and achieving the milestones by tracking schedules, and evaluating the impact of changes.
- Assisted maintaining product backlog, writing PBIs, sizing user stories. Managed open issues, removed impediments, & worked with cross-functional teams to improve software quality & test coverage - JIRA.
- Experience working in Three-Tier architecture, Ajax, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), Client-Side and Server-Side Validation
- Frequently used DDL, DML, DRL in SQL to perform CRUD operations on databases including joins, triggers, stored procedures.
- Introduced Data Protection best practices, address regulatory concerns and business requirements to minimize risk, improve service delivery and introduce higher level of program assurance to interested parties.
- Experienced in Data protection, planning and execution of operational data backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Hands on Experience in Development, Enhancement and Production support/Maintenance project (SDLC) and well versed in OOPS methodologies.
- Manage/Document new API's/Services and/or modify existing one after evaluating: user stories, business requirements, high level design documents and database models. Update XML, XSD and JSON files of the corresponding API services and/or REST methodology.
- Worked on n-tiered web architectures, SOA and their associated technologies, i.e., XML, SOAP, WSDL, REST and JSON.
- Involved in API testing using tools like Swagger, REST Postman and validation of JSON requests and response send by AEM to UI team and data that is being send by Backend to UI team
- Facilitated elicitation techniques such as Document Analysis, Interface Analysis, Brainstorming, Interviews, Focus Groups, Prototypes and Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Hands on experience in writing Database Queries, Stored procedures and Functions in No SQL Server, MongoDb, MS Access.
- Increment (PSPI) and help decide which features met the definition of Done (DoD) using the acceptance criteria
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) used in test-centric development
- Prepared RFI Request for Information, RFP Request for Proposal, estimation SOW Statement of Work.
- UML - Use Case, Sequence, State Chart, Collaboration, Activity, ER and Class Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Analyzed and managed change requests, determined Scope, performed impact and cost benefit analysis, Feasibility studies and Risk analysis and maintained Risk Register.
- Aided development of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and test objective.
- Collaborated in various types of testing like Functional (Black Box) testing, Compliance testing and UAT.
- Extensive implementation knowledge of Data warehousing, Data Structures, Schemas, Data Marts and OLAP Operations such as Roll-Up, Drill-Down, Slice, Dice and Pivot. Strong knowledge of Data-Migration, Data Lineage, Data Migration to Cloud, Systems Mapping and Data-Governance Processes.
- Developed conceptual data model, data normalization, logical design considerations; Created Logical Data Models. Identified key elements, table structures and aid database design. Data mining, cleansing & mapping and helped with data modeling, indexing, updating plan.
- Thorough understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) and experience in creating interactive, analytical dashboards Canned & Ad Hoc reports using Tableau and IBM Cognos for decision making.
- Worked with SMEs’ to understand Key Performance Indicators (KPIs’), and Service Level Agreements (SLA) to enhance application performance through data exchange between external Web services.
Methodologies: Waterfall, AgileSCRUM, Scrum: Waterfall Hybrid, SAFe
Business Modelling Tool: MS VISIO, Balsamiq, BizAg, Lucid Chart
Project Management: Rally, JIRA, SharePoint, TFS, HP ALM, Confluence
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Ubuntu
API Documentation: RESTLet Studio, Swagger IO, Open API
Dara Warehousing: Data Modelling, Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Roll Up/Drill Down, Pivot
Big Data Analytics (Hadoop): Apache Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Storm, HBase, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Atlas, Ambari, Zeppelin, Mahout
Database/ETL: MS Access, Oracle DB, SQL Server, Informatica- Power Center and Data Quality, SSIS, Erwin, MongoDB.
Reporting/BI: Tableau, Oracle s Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), SSRS, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Power BI
Language: Java, HTML, XML, SQL version 2014, Verilog, SystemVerilog, Perl
Defect Tracking/ Testing Tools: HP QC, Load Runner, Bugzilla, JIRA, Test Director, Soap UI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium, HPALM, HP QTP, XSLT, Swagger, Splunk
Miscellaneous: Microsoft Office, NetMeeting, Adobe Photoshop, SSH, Google Sketchup, RedHat JBoss BMP suit, draw.io, Zoom, HipChat
Banking and Finance: Anti: money Laundering, Portfolio Management, Trading Lifecycle, Asset allocation, Financial Instruments, Equities (Stocks, ETFs), Fixed Income (Bonds, T-Bonds, Banker s Acceptance), Derivatives (Swaps, Futures, Forwards, Options, Credit), Money Market Instruments (T-bills, Commercial Paper, Certificate of deposit) and Mutual Funds (Bond funds, Equity funds, Fixed-income funds, Balance funds, International funds, Index funds).
Risk and Compliance: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), FinCEN, OFAC, BASEL I II III, Dodd-Frank Act, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, FINRA, SEC, CCAR, PCI-DSS, MIFID I, MIFID II
Healthcare: Providers, Claims, Payments, Services, Member, User Authorization, HIPAA, OIG
Confidential, Newark, New Jersey
Business System Analyst
- Providing FTP, SFTP solutions for data transfer, monitoring and maintaining consistent data flow for business continuity.
- Ensured adherence with HealthCare Regulations such as HIPAA, OIG compliances, Protecting Customers PHI and PII Data.
- Created API Swaggers as per clients’ need using RESTLet Studio and making sure it is dynamic for future upgrades
- Created HLDs for end to end implementation of the API over AWS
- Providing enterprise application teams with an API gateway platform implementing Google Apigee.
- Involved in identifying API requirements and end points of API, technical writing (API Documentation), Swagger API, Used Postman to check the request and response of REST API
- Successful in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing MS excel, PowerPoint, Visio and tools like JIRA
- Acted as SME for the Enterprise Document Management System, creating/designing APIs with the ability to search store and retrieve customer documents via different Endpoints.
- Facilitated Map and Gap Sessions to Validate API Specifications as per client Requirements
- Serving as a Client Liaison for Enterprise Member Portal
- Gathered requirements for many REST web services that support JSON, which were used company-wide for various applications and web portals.
- Experience supervising Black-box Testing, White-Box Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing
- Creating TRD (Technical Requirement Documents) for the implementation
- Assisted Team with the several amazon services such as AWS Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail to monitor and audit the alarms for the system performances and any changes in the system including the EC2, S3 and other services
- Assisted the Quality Assurance team in performing functionality testing, reliability testing, and utility testing on the API web-services using tools Postman and Swagger
- Integrating 3rd party monitoring tools, encryption tools e.g. Splunk Add-on for AWS for easy monitoring and on-going assessment.
- Performed server logs analysis on Linux and Unix servers used by enterprise wide business units, thereby leveraged Splunk GUI tool to read and extrapolate pertinent meta data from these server logs. Used tools like Jira, Confluence, etc. to track, monitor, delegate tasks / activities, operate different project aspects and functions.
Confidential, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Ensured compliance with various compliance regulations such as OFAC, FinCEN and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Integrated third party services for enhanced due diligence (EDD) on our onboarding customers, companies and ID documentations using REST API.
- Fluency in API documentation (JSON documentation & XML documentation) using Swagger, IO docs for JSON & XNSDOC for XML
- Involved in systems integration testing, web services API testing using Postman and SOAP UI.
- Integrated Red Hat open source Business Process Management (BPM) Suit that combines Business Process Management as well as Business Rule Management.
- Performed Gap analysis and provided prospective solutions which were discussed with the Product Owners
- Assisted the ALM team in generating the Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) with the alliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Patriot Act, FINRA and FinCEN in case of red flag in the process
- Collaborated with a team of analysts to complete a Case Management project to digitize and organize all SAR for domestic private banking
- Utilize participation of SME in designing UI layout.
- Designed mock screens for UI screens, reports based on User stories extracting the business process flows and workflows involved in the project using MS-Project, Word and Excel HTML.
- Was a part of API testing and measured the data flowing between request and response.
- Used Swagger UI to look for the list of API's and to validate the implemented functionalities with a goal to identify gaps.
- Gathered requirements for many REST web services that support JSON, which were used company-wide for various applications and web portals.
- Assisted in verifying case management, and data analysis from automated monitoring system, referrals, reports, and workflows
- Managed workflows within Case management and proprietary KYC systems by including appropriate EDD research and relationship banker communication
- Deployed Hortonworks data platform (HDP) to migrate to Hadoop ecosystem. Integrated Kafka with Storm and HBase for real time analytics on streaming data.
- Identified various data sources that must be stored in the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). Used Sqoop to transfer data between HDFS and structured data sources and Flume to load streaming data.
- Emphasis on understanding the project’s requirements from the business perspective and translate them into functional deliverables.
- Identified and categorized all relevant stakeholders involved in the project using RACI Matrix.
- Conducted one-on-one interviews, JAD sessions and studied new enhancement requirements.
- Developed a vision plan that defined AML policies and procedures are primary goals of the project.
- Interacted with SME’s, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be understood and reviewed by both technical and business people.
- Worked with production staff to map detailed current As-Is processes and detailed the To-Be processes.
- Created page mockups using Balsamiq to better illustrate requirements in functional specification document.
- Interacted with stakeholders to analyze and manage change requests. Studied the triple constraints - scope, time & resources of the change; Performed impact and cost benefit analysis to validate the change requests.
- Identified third party services, feature analysis, developed RFP document. Cost Benefit Analysis helped choose the right services for implementation.
- Created Data Mapping Specification for source to target mapping and Data Dictionaries in Excel.
- Created Feature files in Cucumber using Gherkin language for various scenarios and scenario outlines.
- Mapped Feature Files to their step definition.
- Worked on Agile Methodology, Cucumber framework used with Selenium java for performing acceptance testing
- Executing Selenium Test Cases and Reporting defects.
- Assisted the team in planning the ETL Process using Informatica and in creating the various views which are used for the various teams for analytical purposes
- Worked with members of the Infrastructure and ETL teams to onboard new data sources for periodic refresh and reuse in audits or continuous auditing initiatives.
- We Used Test Driven Development (TDD) development and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) techniques for building the application components, and performed Automated Testing using Selenium
- Created business requirement, functional and system specifications, project schedules using MS Project.
- Documented the UML diagrams - Activity, Sequence, Use Case using MS-Visio.
- Highly proficient in writing and prioritizing user stories in Product Backlog with Product Owner.
- Enforced good acceptance criteria for user stories and proper decomposition of user stories into tasks.
- Facilitated Backlog refinement, Sprint planning, Sprint review meetings, Sprint Retrospectives, and daily scrum meetings.
- Removed team impediments daily to allow the team to deliver Potentially shippable product increment to meet the sprint goal.
- Used JIRA for user story management, issue tracking and requirement traceability. Analyzed the Sprint Burn up/Down Chart, tracked team’s velocity, sprint release progress and prepared the status reports.
- Lead high-level sessions for scrum planning and scheduling the development of the product.
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
- Assisted with user testing of features. Performed interface and integration and component testing, Sanity testing. Developed and maintained quality procedures and ensured that appropriate documentation was in place.
- Used Confluence for repository management and collaboration.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
Confidential, Pennington, New Jersey
Business System Analyst
- Captained meetings with the management, portfolio managers, quant analysts for analysis and prerequisites of the project.
- Prepared GAP analysis and Risk analysis via Document Analysis and Interface Analysis to understand the new business model and additional functionalities to be incorporated.
- Conducted a high-level requirement gathering sessions with Business Owners for requirement elicitations via JAD Sessions, Interviews, Focused Groups and Brainstorming Sessions.
- Helped in the preparation of Business Requirements Document (BRD/HLD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD/LLD) and System Requirements Specification (SRS) to enable to development team to better understand the requirements and business needs.
- Created various Business Flow and Activity Diagram using MS Visio
- Debugging/Analysis the Java code for issue analysis through eclipse and Web Logic server
- Conducted Value Stream mapping sessions improving storage and data protection provisioning services, decreasing the amount of time to service, and deliver on quality data recovery aligned with Information Risk Management practices.
- Managed development, testing, and implementation of improvements of the user interface and process of IT Storage Backup Service Level Agreement (SLA) Tool used to request and provision storage and data protection services.
- Actively participated in document reviews, plan setup, plan configuration and incorporated them in Business process re-engineering, Business process improvements, Business process modeling using Activity diagrams and Swim-lane diagrams.
- Created Use-Case diagrams, Activity and Sequence diagrams, ER Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Communicate to the integrated system using web services SOAP UI, REST web services. Provide the request and response elements, error scenarios
- Update the framework with helper methods while developing REST API automation scripts.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using UI components for the trade order management system for client verification.
- Helped the Product Owner to prioritize the Product Backlog items for developing Sprint tasks by taking suggestions from the cross-functional development team.
- Production Task Implementers which includes production code deployment after verifying UAT codes with Tomcat / Apache servers
- Use of SOAP tool to do Data analysis for multiple tier data flow.
- Java Code level analysis for Application issues.
- Work closely with project team to execute the application go live with handling the Production readiness
- Created and maintained a project schedule using MS Project showing all of the deliverables target dates. Worked on Customer Data Privacy in accordance with the regulatory in the financial service sector. Analyzed various data protection laws in this process
- Coordinating with Offshore team for Production Releases.
- Used JIRA for drafting the user stories and managing the requirements.
- Facilitated SCRUM ceremonies (Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Standups, Sprint Review Meeting, Sprint Retrospective Meeting and Grooming Sessions)
- Wrote test cases, test plans, and test scenarios and traceability matrices used by the Quality team for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Job monitoring through SQL server agent, ETL Informatica Job monitoring and recovery procedures for Job failures.
- Be on a 24x7 rotation schedule to provide level-2/3 application support (a 24x7 L1 team fields all calls and escalate only if needed)
- Active part of the testing of the system during Smoke testing, Black Box testing, Regression Testing, System Testing.
- Conducted ETL workshops to understand requirements for Data Warehouse Design (Extraction, Transform and Load) operations on the database.
- Used ETL process to map data from different sources (Bloomberg B-Pipe and Thomson Reuters-API) for all the assets such as equities, fixed income and derivatives to the trader system enabling them to upload the order details as the business required.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report / Data Validation.
- Used Tableau and Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookups and Macros) for reporting and analyzing the portfolio performance and fixed income analytics such as NAV, NPV, P&L, Asset Allocation, Country Allocation, Cash Flows, Profit and Losses of hedge.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Wireframes, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, IBM Cognos, UML, JIRA 5.2, HP QC v 11.0, Tableau, SOAP UI, Informatica, Oracle v11.2, Web Services, SOA, HTML, XML, Java, Apache Tomcat, jScript/jQuery, Eclipse, Hibernate Spring, Bloomberg B-Pipe, Thomson Reuters.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Business Systems Analyst
- Interacted with business heads to finalize the Business Requirements for the application.
- Used MS power point presentations for conducting JAD sessions with the stakeholders.
- Documented user stories using team foundation server tool.
- Created the Mock-up screens and UML diagrams such as sequence, activity and use case diagrams using MS Visio for proper visualization.
- Attended Daily Scrum meetings and collaborated with the other Scrum team members throughout the different phases of the project.
- Created API mapping and documents for the payment API and the gateway used.
- Reported status to Business owners on time-to-time basis using MS Project for project planning, scheduling and status reporting.
- Integrated the various OLTP to the OLAP by using Oracle Warehouse Builder as an ETL tool.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in conjugation with the QA team.
- Created test cases and test plans and tracked them to user stories with the help of a Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- When required, I facilitated the Product backlog grooming meeting to reprioritize the Product Backlog.
- At the end of each sprint, I was responsible for facilitating the sprint review meeting followed by a sprint retrospective meeting.
Environment: Agile Scrum, HP QC, JIRA, Oracle, MS Visio, .Net, HTML, XML, Cognos, OLAP, OLTP
Confidential, New York City, New York
- Understood state of art processes by interacting with stakeholders and documents analysis and performed GAP analysis to assist Product Owner and Project Manager in planning the transition.
- Facilitated JAD sessions as Moderator and conducted interviews with various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and stakeholders, process reviews and policy & procedure reviews to elicit requirements.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD/HLD) and assisted preparation of System Requirement Specification (SRS). Analyzed, modified and validated these documents.
- Created Use Cases and built Use Case Diagram and Activity Diagram using MS Visio.
- Managed and tracked requirements using HP ALM through Application Life-Cycle.
- Worked with QA team to design and develop Test Plan and Test Cases to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing and Regression Testing.
- Worked on data analytics platform using Python Libraries & R to develop predictive regression score models to perform Market trend
- Assisted Data modeling process by creating conceptual and logical ER diagrams and designing database schemas to help development of an accurate Data Warehouse Structure.
- Integrated various OLTP to the OLAP by using Informatica as an ETL tool and used Tableau as reporting tool. Also maintained the Bill Inmon and Ralph Kimball Paradigms.
- Assisted in increasing Data Integrity by performing Data Normalization and adding Data Verification and Validity to maintain accuracy and effectiveness of data
- Generated periodic data reports for reconciliation, reporting using Excel & SQL/PLSQL Joins, views, procedures & visualize
- Performed Data Mining to find correlation and pattern in existing data and constructed SQL queries.
- Was involved in using Tableau for effective reporting to provide Business Intelligence (BI) to facilitate expenditure tracking using various matrices critical to decision making.
- Involved in implementation by assisting in the preparation of training module. Helped the end users getting accustomed to the system by live demonstrations and system tutorials.
- Timely tracked progress and reported it to Project Manager.
Environment: Waterfall Scrum Fall, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), Tableau, Informatica, R, MS Visio, MS Project, HP ALM, Wireframes, Mock-Up Screens, MsSQL Server, SharePoint, GAP Analysis, UML, UAT testing,.
- Analyzed and documented requirements gathered and authored Business Requirement Document (BRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS) for application development
- Mapped conversion data from legacy systems to new system database manager. Perform data analysis and data modeling
- Interviewing the Business and I.T. SMEs to gather critical data elements.
- Facilitated meetings with department managers to coordinate the manual collection of data required for Conversion.
- Coordinated the manual collection of data and formatted the data to flat files for feed to Conversion Processing tool
- Facilitated meeting to gather requirements, business & data conversion rules from department managers and end users.
- Created Test plan and test cases to do integration and regression testing. Designed, developed and managed Automated test scripts and suites
- Verified and Validated Detailed Use Cases, Business Rules, Data Rules and Design documents.
- Perform unit, functional, integration, regression, data-driven, and GUI testing of daily/weekly build(s).
- Interact with developers and create test plans to resolve defects. Executed test procedures for Load testing, Stress testing and analyzed Performance/Load results from the Legacy system to the Current system.
- Created Query database-using SQL to verify browser interaction with the database.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, ERD, Sequence Diagrams using UML
- Played a key role in the planning User Acceptance Testing and implementation of system enhancements.
Environment: Waterfall, IBM DB2, SSIS, MS Office, MS Visio, HP QC, HP ALM, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Excel, MS Power Point, SOAP, WSDL, REST, XML, HTML, Java Script, CSS.
- Involved in developing prototypes of the product.
- Involved in Analysis and Design of the project, which is based on MVC (Model-View-Controller) Architecture and used other Design Patterns like Singleton.
- Created UML Use Cases, Sequence diagrams, class diagrams and page flow diagrams using.
- Designed and developed UI using HTML, CSS, JSP, and Struts where users have all the items listed for auctions.
- Developed Authentication and Authorization modules where authorized persons can only access the inventory related operations.
- Developed Controller Servlets, Action and Form objects for the process of interacting with Oracle ADF database and retrieving dynamic data.
- Responsible for coding SQL Statements and Stored procedures for backend communication using JDBC
- Involved in writing Detail Design Documents with UML Specifications.
- Implemented Socket Programming to communicate with all the customers.
- Involved in unit testing and system testing and responsible for preparing test scripts for the system testing in UNIX Environment. Responsible for packaging and deploying components into the JBoss Application Server.
Jr, Java Developer
- Involved in requirement analysis and designing the application using OOAD and prepared UML diagrams using Rational Rose as part of design document preparation.
- Used MS-Visio for use case diagrams, Object diagrams, Active flow diagrams, Class diagrams, sequence diagrams in Design phase.
- Responsible for the development of web and business tier components using java, j2ee, jsp, servlets and xml.
- Used AJAX programming for Asynchronous Communication within JSP pages
- Implemented XML parsing by using SAX parser
- Used Spring Inversion of Control and mainly used Dependency Injection by defining and injecting beans through configuration files.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate that use the POJO classes to represent the persistence database tables.
- Implemented open source Log4j logging framework in whole application
- Written Ant build scripts to automate build process
- Involved in writing and consuming WSDL files for accessing web services remotely
- Developed Junit test cases and make sure the test results are documented properly
- Involved in bug fixing and resolving issues with the QA