15 years of experience as a Manager and Software Engineering (information systems, medical, human resources, telecom, insurance and automotive industries) with large (Fortune 100 corporations), and mid - sized organizations. Store Ops and IT experience includes leading a production support team, Scrum Master and Agile Leadership, and creation of organizations Software Development Lifecycle. Interested in a challenging Product Management or Senior Business Analyst role.
- Create and accept user stories utilizing Pivotal Tracker; in corporate them into release planning.
- Lead standups, iteration planning sessions, product demos and retrospectives.
- Expert on customer’s product; Understanding of customer needs to help determine minimum viable product (MVP), as well as future needs.
- Averages of two days a week in retail store interviewing users
- Participates/Leads in Discovery and Framing/ Problem Generation and Prioritization for various projects
- Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, User Experience Designers, etc.) to drive value and collectively identify and resolve impediments
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by empathizing with and understanding user needs and being the domain expert
- Regularly works with the product team to continuously assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understand next steps
Sr. Business Analyst — Customer Solutions
- Built credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Maintained continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
- Managed system projects, with the largest initiative offering a new product to the business and consumer customers.
- Responsible for budget process to include requirements estimation and analysis, monthly variance analysis, and contract negotiations with external strategic partners. Metrics and Status reports completed, reported and communicated weekly to business and IT project team. All projects managed within 5% of planned budget
- Developed, managed and tracked project financials, milestones and progress.
- Coordinated interdepartmental functions; including, moderating meetings with program team members, review project status and plan future activities; coordinating and facilitating meetings with clients.
- Creation and management (system administration) of project logs, issues lists, intergroup coordination plans.
- Analysis and approval of Business and System Requirements, and participate in the development of use cases and walkthrough’s.
- Present periodic Dashboard reports on the current program, future opportunities and client issues for third party vendors.
- Created functional/system requirements (liaison from business unit to development team for testing/programming efforts) for deployment of data through outside vendor’s environments to the four internal environments, ending with landing data in Enterprise Data Warehouse for business’s use.
- Process modeling of data using UML (Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, etc.)
- Worked in conjunction with testers (QA), developers and other team members in validation and testing of complex project scenarios and in the maintenance of Quality Standards of projects. Creation of Requirement Traceability Matrix mapping artifacts.
- Interacted with multiple cross-functional teams, including third party vendors to ensure that all business requirements are captured correctly and report progress to all levels in the organization.
- Analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, along with Development and Architectural artifacts to be used for Business Intelligence initiatives.
- Accountable for the delivery of data into Hadoop from myaccount.com on company website
- Interviewed HD Analytics and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes to elicit business requirements.
- Responsible for partnering with Security Team to ensure data entering Home Depot from CITI card was encrypted; facilitated daily calls with CITI
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Scrum Master/Quality Assurance Manager
- Back Up Scrum Master for Sprints.
- Developed and maintained QC/ALM structure for core application.
- Provided oversight of documentation and delivery on existing and proposed business processes/requirements.
- Collected and analyzed requirements for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrated them into business processes to address the needs of the SME.
- Hired and managed a team of six onshore/offshore analysts to provide functional and ad hoc testing for internal application.
- Defined and tracked metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Documented and worked to resolve all problems; reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Delivered quality process training to technical staff and acted as an internal business/quality consultant to advice or influence business or technical partners.
- Performed requirement traceability audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies were being followed.
- Created improvements to current procedures and consults on the development and use of automated tools.
- Facilitated the development and evolution of comprehensive test suites and design of test cases for functional and system-level testing of application software.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Business/QA Analyst/QA Manager
- Conducted Joint Requirements Planning sessions to gather functional requirements, assumptions, dependencies, and constraints
- Documentation of customer interfaces, and captured user requested improvements
- Conducted needed assessments, business process analysis, and requirements
- Created and elicited user stories for testability and usability
- Performed various types of testing, such as Functional, GUI, Integration, Regression, Negative testing for web-based applications
- Documented, logged and tracked defects using Quality Center and JIRA
- Managed up to 45 onshore and offshore quality assurance analysts; provided day-to-day direction, leadership and oversight of deliverables to meet critical timelines.
- Worked with development team investigating and correcting software defects based on the test results
- Tested application security features to ensure PCI compliancy, SOX (passwords), and compatibility across multiple browser types; verify database test results using Squirrel
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors; Escalated issues to developers and verify fixes
- Provided leadership and daily oversight to monitor and ensure key performance indicators meet in the areas of onshore and offshore productivity, time to market, product effectiveness and product quality.
- Established performance management objectives; provided ongoing feedback by coaching/mentoring, counseling and appraising job results.
- Responsible for the management and reporting of all test results; collect, analyze and publish quality assurance results; present recommendations to senior management.
- Collaborated with project management office throughout the product and system development life cycle.