- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Waterfall Model and Agile Software Development.
- Expertise in Visualize rapid prototype and design to communicate complex ideas.
- Design Mockups and prototype to drive stakeholder and user consensus.
- Ability to learn quickly, take ownership of projects, multi-task and maintain high standard of service and quality control.
- Experienced in writing and maintaining the Requirement Definition Document, which include Business and Technical Requirements, Use cases and UML Diagrams.
- Expertise in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD), Joint Application Requirement sessions (JAR)
- Worked extensively with the team to meet business requirement, create prototypes and analyze workflows
- Expertise in Project Planning, Project Design, creating functional specifications and data flow diagrams
- Involved in creating and maintaining Test Matrix and Requirements Traceability Matrix and performing GAP analysis
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Performed early analysis of existing systems to help define integrations
- Conduct walkthrough and signoff procedures
- Define project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress using MS SharePoint and update plans as required.
- Maintained and Reviewed Change Requests and documented all analysis
- Extensive experience working on MS Visio, Excel, Power point, Word, Access and Outlook
Methodologies: SAFe, Agile (SCRUM) & Waterfall development methodologies
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Mind map, Lucid Chart
Operating System: Windows, Mac
Applications/Testing Tools: VSTS, TFS, RALLY, & IBM DOORS
Agile Certification(s): SAFe POPM
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Product Owner/ Business Analyst II
- Work with the functional owner, project manager, and technical teams to document the product's vision and the project's scope
- Work closely with project manager, stakeholders and business analysts to define: test scope, gap analysis, risk analysis, and test dependency
- Elicit requirements from Product Management and end users; capture in a format that allows for easy review, approval, and implementation;
- Eliminate guesswork by providing explicit, up-to-the-minute storyboards, logic diagrams, tables, and mockups
- Develop user stories with acceptance criteria based on business requirements and add them to the product backlog
- Ensure that all artifacts comply with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Work with QA to develop and execute Test Plans and Test Cases for functional and integration testing
- Maintain the requirements traceability information to track requirements coverage.
- Perform UI testing on application’s web interface
- Coordinate UAT testing activities and report progress.
- Track defects and facilitate defect review meetings with team leads for bug prioritization
- Create Help Content/User Guides for support on navigating newly implemented functionality
- Schedule and host demonstrations of work at the end of each iteration to key business stakeholders and Software Development
Confidential, Washington D.C.
Business Analyst III
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like
- Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s)
- Identify and evaluate alternative solutions and help the team arrive at the best functional features and user stories to meet the business need
- Conduct daily stand ups, grooming and discovery sessions on progress and planning for the next sprint for the software being developed
- Work closely with the business to prioritize the backlog and acted as proxy product owner by writing user stories and working closely with the scrum team during the sprint to achieve the defined sprint goals
- Design Mockups and prototype to drive stakeholder and user consensus
- Report and track defects with reference to severity and types using RALLY and SharePoint
Business Analyst II
- Performed requirements gathering from the business users of the system while adhering to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) industry best practices
- Interacted with business owners, SMEs, and management team to identify scope and to prepare Business Requirement Document, Use Case, User Story, and Activity Diagrams to further develop Technical requirements and/or Functional Specifications.
- Visualized rapid prototype and design to communicate complex ideas
- Worked with the business users and with different levels of management to identify requirements, use cases and to develop functional specifications
- Interfaced with end-users and project business sponsors to determine, document, and obtain signoff on business requirements
- Facilitated defect review meetings involving all stakeholders to review defects, identify severity and set priorities as per client requirements, ensuring accuracy and conform to deadlines.
- Conducted surveys, interviews and facilitate Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with the Business Users and SME’s
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with the project leads and stakeholders and proposed process workflows, functional specifications and project initiation parameters
- Created workflow diagrams to validate the Basic and Alternate flows in the various Business and Technical Use Cases
- Established and maintained traceability matrix until all the business requirements are signed off.
- Performed task decomposition, delegated tasks and monitored project milestones using MS SharePoint
- Captured quality attributes, external/internal constraints for functional/non-functional requirements
- Prepared project related presentations and provide progress reports to the higher management and stakeholders using MS Office
- Worked with the Quality Assurance lead to develop detailed Test Plan and Test Cases
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance
- Interact with computer systems end-users and project business sponsors to determine, document, and obtain signoff on business requirements
- Participated in development of Training Materials for the new technology and organizing User Training
- Worked with business teams to understand the requirement and needs of the potential customers and the target market