- Skilled Business Analyst with 6+ years of experience in the IT space in various domains i.e. Health Care, Banking, Retail etc.
- More than 4 years of experience in Agile / Scrum environment. Excellent Knowledge of Agile Backlog Grooming, Release Management & Sprint Planning, Estimation Velocity and Change Management.
- Experience in full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from association with end - users for requirements determination, defining the system scope, system analysis, Business Case, Development to Rollout, Production, testing, maintenance and documentation.
- Led and organized Requirements gathering sessions and JAD sessions before groups of Subject Matter Experts as needed to document decisions regarding future state of business processes.
- Extensive experience in creating and analyzing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), Use Cases, User Stories, and Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Adept in creating Narrative Use Cases, Use Case diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Flow Diagrams and other related UML diagrams. Extensive knowledge experience using of MS Project, Visio.
- Well-versed in liaising with the business to gather requirements and translating them into technical and functional specifications.
- Full SDLC knowledge to include User Acceptance Testing and post-production support.
- A Passionate Team Player seeking a challenging position in the Business Industry where further professional growth can be accomplished in a productive and progressive environment.
- Experience in creating Business Process Flows both As-IS and TO-BE, Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents and Technical Writing.
- Experienced with interacting directly with the client and internal teams to understand requirements and develop test strategy, test plans and other documentation.
- Experienced in writing Test Cases, Test Scripts and generating Test Data. Also, experienced in UAT, Functional, Regression, Back End, Stress White Box, Black Box and Unit Testing.
- Experience in writing queries and scripts for data analysis and QA report testing.
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills as well as presentation skills. Experience working with business users as well as senior management and leadership.
- Experience in creating Requirements Traceability Matrix to keep the stakeholders informed of the progress of the project.
- Extensive experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for project definition involving analyzing requirements, creating prototypes, user interfaces, database schema and system design.
- Possess a strong work ethic, goal oriented, and experienced in group and project management.
- Flexible, innovative and able to thrive in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a strong facility for acquiring new knowledge very rapidly.
- Participated and conducted daily standup meetings and owned daily milestones to gather and create reporting.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and documentation skills along with good process management skills to gather requirement.
Methodologies: Waterfall and Agile
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Mock Flow, Balsamiq, Lucid charts
Documentation Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Confluence, JIRA
Testing tracking Tools: JIRA, RALLY, ALM, MS Excel
Databases: Oracle and MS SQL Server
Webservices: SOAP UI for SOAP for SOAP webservices, Postman for REST APIs
Additional Tools: MS Publisher, MS Project, SAP, Rx Claims, ServiceNow
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Business Systems Analyst
- Maintained an expert business and operations knowledge of direct and associated clients in order to add value in analyzing complex and highly integrated projects
- Prepared technical documentation for the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the systems and software.
- Worked as a system admin and performed user account management; including add/delete, modifying access security permissions, maintenance and user support of these systems.
- Provided IT help desk support, manage tracking of tickets and worked with the IT Help desk team to ensure key performance metrics are maintained.
- Diagnosed, troubleshot and resolved fleet drivers unit with Qualcomm and Omnitracs system problems.
- Deployed updated templates to fleet drivers Qualcomm units for accurate calculation of distance from stops and destinations.
- Worked on IBM Sterling Gentran Server to fix EDI transactions, invoices and statuses such as 214's, 210's, 204's and 824's with errors coming inbound and going outbound.
- Prepared and provided SSRS reports using data warehouse and live data to dispatch team and fleet managers based on requirements.
- Performed complete migration of all data from old server to new server and provided technical documentation.
- Created test plans and test scenarios for TMW Systems upgrade and performed regression testing for the upgrade.
- Collaborated successfully with cross-functional development teams to design and manufacture new products.
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with Systems Analysts (SA) and Application Lifecycle Management Administrators (ALM) to experience and assist with the designing, implementing and managing of the processes.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to collect proper information based on project business requirements and provided technical documentation in Confluence and JIRA.
- Made recommendations and developed technical design for adding new features to the MyPrime website.
- Created guidelines for new hires and helped with on boarding practices by permitting access to required software programs.
- Implemented and administered advanced Application Lifecycle Management tools and technologies.
- Applied excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills working with senior level managers, line of business and developers across multiple disciplines.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Conducted cross-functional meetings with business partners on a broader scale to gather requirements, understand business processes, develop functional designs based on the analysis of line of business needs, objectives, systems infrastructure and finally receive formal sign-off from approvers
- Documented minutes of meetings and strategies discussed.
- Participated in Agile team ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective Meetings.
- Involved in Project planning using JIRA for creating Epics, assigning user stories and tracking progress in an Agile SCRUM based setup.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for Requirement Analysis, Risk Analysis, Feasibility studies with various stakeholders to identify business critical and high-risk areas of the application.
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the business critical and high-risk areas of the application.
- Scribed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional requirement document keeping in mind business need's and documenting it for the developers using company's provided formats.
- Translated stakeholder requirements into tangible deliverables such as use cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, use case and activity diagrams using MS Visio for explaining workflows of user stories.
- Participated in meetings discussing priorities of user stories.
- Strong understanding of banking products.
- Coordinated activities to manage the test environments and test data.
- Collaborated with different teams, within IT and business to ensure timely and successful issue resolution.
- Analyzed SQL queries published by QA team and provided inputs or sought clarifications on regular basis.
- Tracked project requirement progress through Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM).
- Performed UAT to make sure that the final product is working as per the business specifications before deploying the product into production.
- Provided production support and troubleshooting on issues occurred in the Production environment while working with business and technical personnel as necessary.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Business System Analyst
- Implemented several business optimization projects and reporting tools that improved efficiency.
- Liaised between business and technical members to ensure a mutual understanding of processes and applications.
- Analyze requirements and determine the best, most logical and efficient approach for software design.
- Created detailed functional specification documents for software developers to ensure project specifications were being fulfilled.
- Conducted Weekly Project status meeting and created reports for Leadership.
- Researched issues that are impacting key processes and procedures across the Enterprise supported applications.
- Analyzed requirements and determine the best, most logical and efficient approach for software design.
- Conducted requirements training sessions and developed best practices for product delivery.
- Supplier surveys have shown that seamless payment processes increase supplier cash flow, their satisfaction with Confidential, and helps ensure that Confidential receives the supplier's best efforts and most innovative technologies.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, users and other stakeholders to define the project and to reduce the time frame required to complete deliverables. Acted as a liaison between business users and technologists to resolve issues and expedite systems enhancement project.