- 12 years of IT experience working as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst and Support Lead with extensive knowledge and experience in SDLC (software development life cycle) of projects.
- Experience in handling, understanding, deploying, supporting and enhancing various niche Health care, Automotive and Utility domain specific products and applications.
- Expertise in creating Business Requirement document, Functional Specification document, System requirement specifications and non - functional documents.
- In-depth understanding of As Is and To Be Business processes and expertise in converting these requirements into functional and technical specifications and test plans.
- Utilize various methodologies like AGILE, Waterfall and Rational methodology, Unified Modeling Language (UML), SQL and Use Case to gather and document business requirements and provide functional requirements to development resources.
- Expertise in managing mini projects i.e., Scoping, Planning, Estimating and Scheduling.
- Organizing, directing, controlling and drafting Remedy and Incident resolution procedures.
- Maintaining and tracking the project using Jira.
- Responsible for JAD facilitation. Gather, synthesize and prioritize requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, site visits, and surveys.
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies and Strategies, like Waterfall, V-Model, Agile Scrum, Spiral Model, Prototype Model, RUP and RAD.
- Experience in developing QA test plan, test conditions and test cases; ensuring adequate technical and functional testing of applications and products.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verifying performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues.
- Expertise in Bug Tracking system and Process using HP Quality center, Remedy, Jira, Salesforce and Rational Clear Quest.
- Expertise in Incident management, Problem management and Change management.
- Proficient in Database & Dataware concepts and SQL.
- Responsible for creating various reports and dashboards using MS Access and SQL.
- Having knowledge in ETL reporting and lifecycle.
Programming languages: C, ASP
Scripting Languages: HTML, VB
Databases: SQL, Oracle, MS Access
Tools: Microsoft front page, Microsoft Visio, Adobe Photoshop, TOAD, Enterprise Manager, Informatica, SAP Data Services, MS Share point, Jira
Domain Expertise: Healthcare, Health Insurance, Automotive, Energy and Utility
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
Sr. Business Analyst
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio
- Understanding the current processes of various business areas within the company to know the systems dependency on the Legacy databases.
- Conducted various workshops/meetings with end clients and different teams to capture their day to day process in each Business area
- Documented more than 50 Business process flows using MS Visio and captured high level requirements from each area.
- Anchored and lead all the client meetings, explaining the need to replace the legacy systems and building up with new technologies.
- Reviewing and updating all the Process documents for different business areas.
- Worked with Architect team for designing solutions and future state for each process area.
Confidential, Southfield, Michigan
Implementation Consultant/ Business Analyst Manager
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, Jira, Salesforce
- Confidential being integration partners with Confidential, my work for Confidential Integration project, providing its Supply Chain Cloud solution to track the Confidential VINs across the globe. Onboarded/integrated more than 50 Partners across the globe
- Direct accountable to Business Manager for the final commitment and requirement confirmations from all the partners and updating the project status reports to the business and the team.
- Managing all the carriers and acting as a single point of contact for the requirements.
- Conducting Requirement workshops with all the assigned Confidential Partners and third-party vendors to explain the Transport Carrier Status Message guides and to get their confirmations to support the requirements.
- Perform demos and proof of concept to assigned customers and vendors to explain the benefits and capabilities of the Cloud Based Solutions Confidential and Salesforce to capture Business requirements, problem statements.
- Ensuring that the Partners meet the quality and standards of the EDI message development.
- Document the questionnaire and requirements for the vehicle status messages for the partners to develop the EDI (214, 315 and 417) messages as per the standard format.
- Create Jira tickets for configuration, implementation and testing.
- Worked with various modes of Partners OTR, Yard Operators, Ocean, Rail, Port processors.
- Creating tickets in Jira for the implementation of each partner and configuration of connectivity.
- Configured and integrated the Confidential Partners/Carriers into Confidential platform (cloud implementation)
- Worked with the GTN Connectivity team for the Sftp and AS2 connections to be set up with the partners for EDI X12 and XML file traffic.
- Created the test plans and involved in testing the EDI messages. Check the orders (VINs) in GTNx platform for their shipment status and if all the events are updated.
- Provided the post go live support for all the Carriers for their XML and EDI messages.
- Created the process flows for all the carrier modes (Ocean, Rail, OTR, Yard, Upfitters/Mod Centers)
- Involved in creating various data structures and data flows required for the shipment tracking and DQMS.
- Working on Master Data Management and Data Quality by creating various processes .
- Manage and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports as per organizational guidelines to customers IT leadership, Business leadership along with Project and Delivery Managers.
- Establish positive client relationships during engagement for high client satisfaction, quick deployment and adequate training.
Confidential, Southfield, Michigan
Senior Business Analyst
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, Visio
- Liaison between IT teams and Business to understand the requirements and issues.
- As part of Continuous Improvement team, strived to know and understand the issues and drawbacks faced by the Business and IT in order to move forward in the merging process.
- Involved in various modules business meetings to understand their As Is and To Be processes of both the companies.
- Involved in preparing and designing the templates for Risk & Issues, BRD and RAID documents.
Confidential, Troy, Michigan
Senior Business Analyst/ Data Analyst
Environment: SAP Data Services, SQL Database, Oracle Database
- Organize and facilitate meetings with Beaumont Hospital team, subject matter experts, Information Technology staff to identify and document business needs and objectives for Credentialing of Physicians, current operational procedures and problems, input and output requirements, data needs and retention, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
- Preparation of As Is and To Be Business processes and expertise in converting these requirements into functional and technical specifications and test plans for BO Reports and Data feeds for Credentialing Reports, Bariatric Surgery data, reports, MSQC, MARCQI and other internal reports.
- Managing projects i.e., Scoping, Planning, Estimating and Scheduling Organizing, directing, controlling, budgeting and drafting resolution procedures.
- Maintaining all the project related documentation in MS SharePoint
- As a Lead BA, interacting with various stakeholders to understand the issues and problems during merging of companies.
- Interacting with SAP data services team, elucidating the requirements in developing Business Object Reports.
- Translates high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization. Requirements management, approval, change, and traceability.
- Negotiation of agreements and commitments; facilitates communication between business units and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Simulated Custom Reports for Credentialing of Healthcare Analysts and Physicians.
- Anchored JAD sessions among different stakeholders.
- Responsible for conducting trainings for Health Care Analysts about the new reports.
- Contribute to project documentation such as project overview, project scope, business functions and rules, business and technical requirements, use cases, business models/flows, business model test plans, release notes, user/training documentation.
- Created Source to Target mappings for various projects and reports for the development team to build the ETL Jobs.
- Developed test plans, test strategy, test scope: test scripts were designed to accomplish validation process, performed end-to-end Integration, Functional, Non Functional system and Regression testing.
- Chaired status meetings on testing cycles, defect prevention and implementation during milestone based implementation.
- Analyzed various existing ETL Jobs in SAP Data Services to create effective solution and refined targets for the upcoming releases.
- Managed major projects STORK (for new born babies), for which users can extract various reports using BO and Credentialing of Physicians Data.
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
Environment: MS Access, SQL Server
- Interacting with business users to document the current state Business Process in the form of a workflow using MS Visio.
- Interacting with the stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements and transform it to BRD/SRS/Functional Specification.
- Translated business requirements into detailed system specifications for Developers throughout the project ensuring that the client's requirements are clearly understood, communicated, and implemented for the SMS product. Acted as a SPOC for the product SMS for all the clarifications and requirements.
- Provided the Product Roadmap and its vision for the stakeholders.
- Regular meetings with the Management and Development team for the status updates and final Product delivery.
- Created mock screens for the new application and generated reports for a better understanding and to explain to various stakeholders and Healthcare Analysts.
- Anchored JAD sessions among different stakeholders.
- Responsible for conducting trainings for Health Care Analysts about the new application.
- Designed test scenarios, scripts for system integration testing of SMS application.
- Defect tracking and defect solutions were done in HP Quality Center.
- Chaired status meeting on testing cycles, defect prevention and implementation during milestone based implementation.
- Conducted various sessions to facilitate the As-Is and new process flow and design with both technical and business teams.
- Coordinated and conducted meetings and daily calls between Business, development team and vendor during testing and development phase making sure all the issues and tickets raised in Rational Clear Quest are addressed for successful production implementation of Solution Mapping System.
- Interacted with various Healthcare Analysts and RNs to brief them about the new system and providing them with the reports as and when required.
- Developed detailed reports in claims system using Excel, SQL queries and MS Access.
- Generated many reports related to the hospital admissions, Nurse handling calls and faxes in Precertification module required for both internal and external customers.
- Performed the daily quality checks, run various reports for Disease Management and Case Management module.
- Performed data analysis for new reporting requirements.
- Maintained the member demographic data, Claims data and Benefit package data of all the customers.
- Created the new solutions and Benefit packages for the customers.
- Responsible for compiling data for the monthly completion of performance dashboards.
Confidential, Troy, Michigan
Project Lead/ Business Analyst
Environment: ASP.Net, Oracle, SQL server, Informatica
- Preparing the business requirement documents for different clients .
- Understanding Automotive specific requirements such as Claims, orders and warranty issues and analyzing them to customize the product as per the needs of the client.
- Anchored the product specific meetings with the clients and the team.
- Regular interaction with the development team to explain the functional specifications and the enhancements required to be done.
- Extracting the various kinds of data from Oracle and SQL database for generation of reports using Informatica.
- Understanding the issues raised by the clients and providing them with the appropriate solutions as and when required.
- Conducting sessions between ITLOC and client for customized product demo and training of new functionalities.
- Maintaining the system specific documents and upgrading them with new enhancements on timely basis.
- Preparing test scripts for the enhanced product.
- Coordinating between the teams for the successful UAT and deployment.
Business Analyst/ Support Lead
Environment: SQL Database, Ellipse
- Regular interaction with clients at various levels ranging from IT Director, Business users, field users for Requirement Elicitation, analysis and validation.
- Worked closely with vendors like Confidential for incorporating the As Is and To Be functionalities into Ellipse product with respect to the requirements provided by Confidential .
- Anchored JAD workshops between Confidential client, vendor and Confidential team for understanding the requirements provided by the client, discussing the feasibility of each requirement to freeze the scope of the requirements.
- Conducted workshops between end users and the Confidential team to understand the As-Is process, which served as the base for the To-Be system design.
- Performed impact analysis and gap analysis for the enhancements requested by client.
- Prepared the Business process specification documents, Functional specification documents, Disaster Recovery document, Service Plan document, Use case diagrams, Test cases and flow charts using MS Visio.
- Coordination between different teams to set up the required infrastructure for successful UAT and application Go live.
- Issue resolution during UAT and Post Go live phase.
Test Lead, Business Analyst
Environnent: Oracle 10g SOA Suite, Oracle 10g Application Server, Oracle Spatial Database, SQL server, ASP VB
- Tracked, documented and driven issue and maintenance resolution processes and performed regular system health checks. Escalated incidents to the appropriate teams or Business groups, monitored and issued alerts for timely resolution in accordance with the SLAs and priorities.
- Closely interacted with Process owners and domain specialists for resolving issues raised in Web applications. Optimal solution was provided for such issues on a regular basis with backend changes in ASP VB and SQL database.
- As an Onsite/Offshore Support Coordinator, performed operational and process level support for multi-user web applications, hardware/software tool installations, configuration, disaster recovery plans, identified alternatives and recommended optimized solutions for continuous improvement.
- Recurring or high impact incidents/malfunctions were analyzed, quantified and on case by case basis was converted to change requests and mini projects based on Change Request Management.
- Worked on Content management of Southern Water web portal using MS-Front page.
- Worked on the interface issues related to Highway authorities, Eton, Ellipse, CSMS and other servers and web applications used by business users of Southern Water.
- Typical issues were communication failure, port changes, notice failures and network printing.
- Extracting and customizing various reports from niche Utility products and Web applications using SQL on critical data in required format to Business stake holders and process owners
- Compiled and delivered data used to measure overall Program performance as well as individual Supplier performance on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis for the products such as Optima and LMARS. Reconciled and managed data quality as necessary to resolve discrepancies and/or reconcile results. Utilized data to identify potential system issues.
- Provided consultation to program operations teams responsible for delivering reports to our customers
- Designed and lead the Testing roadmap for the products and applications of Southern Water. The Testing roadmap included design, review and execution of test scripts. This was followed by a planned User Acceptance testing. Further key Business Users were trained in the enhanced functionalities which were deployed
- Comprehensive actions were taken as a Support lead to resolve operational problems.
- As a Support Lead, was accountable to the Utilities Domain Program Management for efficient Incident/Problem/Change Management through various metrics. It encompassed tracking and presenting reviews on operations, volume and cause of incidents quantified and monitored.
- Prioritized workload of team based on Remedy queue, production down time, incident volume and tertiary tasks.
- Interacted closely with Development, Implementation Partners of various systems like SAP, Infrastructure Management team, Vendors of products, Database teams and QA teams for various Implementations, Incident Resolutions, delegation and escalations.
- Anchored and driven the migration activities such as IP address change for servers, Data migration activities etc.
- Escalated Business critical recurring issues to in-house expertise and Subject Matter Experts as and when required mitigating the impact of system failures to customers.
- Ensured the quality of software and products remained current and updated by regular audits.
- Prepared System Maintenance Technical Documents (SMTD), Disaster Recovery Process documents, Interface and Architecture diagrams for the support work of the existing applications.
- Upgrading the niche products like Ellipse and Optima to higher versions for better efficiency and to add new functionalities to existing once.
- Provided team leadership, guidance and technical expertise to ensure efficient resolution of issues across all products and application portfolio of Southern Water.
- As a Business Analyst, lead cross team, cross functional and cross vendor communication, meetings and requirement elicitation sessions. Worked closely with the teams to research, build, deploy and enforce new upgrades in products and specialized features in various web applications.
- Documented BRD, Functional specs, prepared various flow charts, use case diagrams for enhancement and new projects.
- Documentation of reporting requirements, procedures and business rules necessary to support new reports generated in Optima, LMARS, Reservoir used by the customers. Gathered questions and requirements from business stakeholders and translated into technical requirements.
- Worked with program operations teams to ensure that data is being entered correctly and worked with product vendors to develop enhancements which will improve reports.
- Provided regularly scheduled progress reports both to business partners and direct management.
- Coordinated with Business Technology to monitor accuracy and timeliness of data. Prepared formal and informal communications to internal business partners and direct management regarding initiatives, issues, and achievements.
- Conceptualized and driven the knowledge management strategy for the ADM project of Southern Waters through various global repositories, recurring issue resolution documentation, SMTDs, on boarding documents, position papers etc. Was also responsible for mentoring several debutants in the project and scaling their knowledge to resolve critical issue.