- Well Organized and motivated Business Analyst with almost 4 years of experience in the IT Industry.
- Hands on working experience in requirement gathering, reporting, documentation, process mapping, scheduling, planning and data Analysis.
- Good Knowledge and experience in Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) methodologies - traditional Waterfall Model, Agile(scrum) methodology and Rational Unified Process(RUP).
- Experience in creating story boards, screen mockups, and screen flows for design feedbacks. Proficiency in writing user stories.
- Experience in creating Unified Modelling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Data Flow diagrams, Business Flow diagrams using MS Visio
- Proficient in writing SQL Queries for testing and data validation.
- Good Knowledge of Quality Center Tools
- Knowledge in Selenium and QTP
- Experience in all stages of testing such as Integration, System, User Acceptance Testing(UAT), Function, Regression and Smoke Testing
- Involved in post implementation support and training of end users.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts, strong verbal and written Communication Skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Result Oriented, motivated and an organized team player with capability of working for a common goal.
Operating Systems: Mac OS, Windows 97/2000/XP/Vista/7, Unix
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum and RUP
Database: MS-Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, VB, .net, HTML
Business modelling: MS Visio, MS Excel
Testing tools: HP QC, QTP, Loadrunner
Office tools: MS office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
Confidential, Shelby Township, MI
- Coordinated and facilitated extensive user interviews and workshops with the business to gather and analyze requirement
- Collaborated closely with SMEs to identify and analyze core functional and non-functional requirements and key features of the project.
- Assisted Project Manager/Scrum Master in scope identification and assigning of priorities to the user stories after collaboration with the development team and signoff from the stakeholders
- Created requirement specification, activity diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, mockups and complex and detailed business process workflows during requirement gathering phase using MS Visio.
- Participated in the development and grooming of product backlog list (user stories) with business and technology partners. Created story boards to track the status of each backlog items. Also in breaking down of Epics to create smaller user stories.
- Participated in sprint planning, daily standups, sprint review and retrospective meetings with the scrum team.
- Conducted second person testing for acceptance signoff and UAT with the cross functional business team to ensure the system was aligned with the vision of the business team.
- Collaborated with management and external stakeholders to identify and implement changes to the system and processes during the change management
Confidential, South Lyon, MI
IT Business Analyst
- Participated in the various phases of the application such as design, review, implementation, testing, and release of databases, design specifications, and application software.
- Analyzed, reviewed and co-coordinated with SME and developers to understand business requirements
- Applied RUP methodology with its various workflows, artifacts and activities to manage life cycle from Inception to Transition phase
- Employed UML methodology in creating UML Diagrams such as Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and business process and workflows.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed, and documented Business requirements. Performed Gap Analysis, Identified impact areas.
- Participated in several sessions related to quality management, joint application development (JAD), defects management, business requirement and professional development.
- Defined system requirements as Use Cases, use case scenarios and Use Case narratives using the UML Methodologies.
- Assisted the SQA team to write the Test plan and Test cases
- Performed in-depth analysis on source and new data structures to ensure consistency and meeting data requirements and using SQL, MS Access and Excel.
- Used SQL to perform assessment of source data, reviewing to determine the complexity of data, monitoring specific scenarios and evaluation to generate reports.
- Involved in risk analysis in identifying and documenting business controls in the various business processes in question.
- Participated in weekly status meeting, discussed and resolved outstanding issues, prepared status report and sent it to project manager.
Confidential, South Lyon, MI
- Analyzed user requirement document and developed test plan, test objectives, test strategies, testing environment and test priorities
- Prepared test scenarios and test cases to meet design specifications
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan
- Performed regression testing
- Participated regular meetings and updates status of testing to Testing Lead
- Prepared test result reports and performed cross browser testing
- Executed SQL commands to do backend testing
- Executed test cases manually and reported defects using Quality Center (QC)
- Involved in system integration testing and validation of populated data