- Around 9 years of experience in Business process analysis, Business modeling and Business requirements gathering.
- Experienced in different facets of Business analysis including Retail Banking, Investment Banking, Commercial lending, Marketing and IT.
- Expert in creating diagrams (Use case diagrams, flow charts, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams), use case document, test plans and test case documents.
- Worked closely with project Stakeholders, SMEs, staff to understand requirements and specifications for new applications along with re - engineering the existing application.
- Experience in interacting across the hierarchy from architects, to data modelers, underwriters and risk analyst.
- Experience in iterative agile project management methodology with Scrum to manage the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, meet deadlines and plan resources in line with triple constraint. Followed up with weekly Project Status and organized Task Review meetings. Conducted status meetings, managed deadlines, and facilitated prioritization discussions.
- Writing skills in preparing business requirements documents (BRD), system requirements specifications (SRS) and technical design document (TDD) and defining project plans then translating business requirements/user expectations into detailed specifications employing UML.
- Performing Confidential analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Experienced in IIBA business process analysis.
- Experience working on Windows 10 OS.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) verifying performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues. Also familiar with testing tools (QC) to design as well as develop test plans and test scripts.
- Extensive knowledge of the Loan Origination Solution Rapport.
- Authored business and system requirements analyses and functional specifications with supporting business process flows (data modeling), Traceability matrices, risk analysis and concept of operations for systems utilizing company standards, processes, and procedures.
- Expertise at using MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies such as RUP, JAD, and RAD and hands on experience in formulating JAD sessions.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile - RUP, Scrum
Operating System: Windows 2008/XP/2007/2003
Project Management Tool: MS Office suite, SharePoint & Project, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro
Defect Tracking: Test Director/Quality Center, HP Quality Center
Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access.
Application environments: .NET Framework, ASP.NET
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Senior Business Analyst/ QA Lead
- Implemented Traceability Matrix and User Requirement Specification Document (URS) to verify the functionality coverage.
- Extensive use of MS Project, MS SharePoint (used as the library for Project documentation and the communication of Project information).
- Created Mortgage Service Platform (MSP) diagram in MS Visio to understand the big picture of the project.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SME from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Work with offshore and onshore teams in the development, maintenance and support of CRM application customizations.
- Use CRM workflow technology to automate business processes.
- Involved in Windows 10 migration project.
- Responsible for writing test plan and test cases for Windows 10 testing.
- Responsible for working with product management to translate business objectives into functional requirements, and great user experiences for our customers.
- Responsible for integrating Warehouse Management System Application( WMS).
- SAP interfaces to external Warehouse Management Systems(WMS) applications including Manhattan WM.
- Troubleshoot technical issues (Java/J2EE) or escalate and work with appropriate technology teams to provide solutions.
- Worked with Managed Service Provider (MSP) to prevent problems and disruption of business operations.
- Responsible for defining new business requirements and issues involving WMS.
- Created detailed Test plans to check the functionality of Application.
- Managed Defect review meetings.
- Participated in sprint planning, daily scrums, testing, retrospectives and sprint reviews .
- Designed and Developed front end and Back end Test scenarios and Test cases
- Performed manual testing on different Modules of the Application by executing the Test Cases.
- Coordinate with all project team members to ensure project needs are clearly understood and supportable.
- Identify and remove or mitigate obstacles and risks to projects.
- Conducted peer review meetings periodically to keep track of the project’s milestones.
- Assisted the Project Manager with creating detailed project plans and also in developing, scheduling and tracking project timelines.
- Administration, support and implementation of O365 (SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Delve, Yammer, O365 Video, Flow, PowerApps).
- Conducted Confidential Analysis of current state (As-Is) and proposed state (To-Be) situations and represented in MS Visio.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with the business team and technology team.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of projects from start to finish, including project team definition, resource allocation decisions.
- Developed high level design of new processes and graphically presented along with text based requirements.
- Experience in creating wireframes.
- Created Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using UML in MS Visio.
- Conducted Previews and User Acceptance Test (UAT) sessions.
Environment: MS Visio, DOORS, SharePoint, HP ALM
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Senior Business Analyst
- Followed Agile Scrum development model.
- Prepared Business requirement components such as Process Flow, Business Requirements, Business Rules, Data element, Traceability matrix, use case model and textual use case.
- Evaluated the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
- Prepared BRS (Business Requirement Specification) and SRS (Software Requirement Specification). Also ensured the requirements are frozen and the Clients signoff on the SRS
- Conducted joint meetings with developers and testers and ensured the BRS was communicated and understood by all the parties involved.
- Used SharePoint web application platform for content management, document management file management, business intelligence and process integration.
- Conducted weekly review meetings for the development team to track development status and any risks. Ensured timely discussions with technical team lead and project manager to mitigate risks.
- Consulted with the business clients to determine and document system functional requirements to Implement Concur Expense for implementation.
- Worked with IT on interfaces between Concur, BI for setup of the necessary configuration for implementing Concur.
- Performed testing and validation of the Concur system in Dev, UAT and Production instances.
- Prepare weekly report on results to share with client and stakeholders showing the impact of:
- Reach - impressions, opens, volume of contacts
- Engagement - video views, webinar attendees, conversations on social or in communicates
- Business impact - how digital journeys and tools are impacting renewal rate and bookings growth by product
- Status reporting - Send weekly status reports to the client.
- Participated in all client, team and stakeholder meetings as needed to set expectations, encourage collaboration and report program results
- Managed scope, effort /cost, schedule, and quality, while continuously identifying and mitigating underlying risks.
- Translated business requirement into Technical requirements and system specifications.
- Managed any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines. Worked with business in documenting and tracking the enhancements for the system.
- Worked with the QA team helping them create Test Plans, Test Requirements, Test Cases and Test Scripts with QA team and was involved with test execution, participated in System Testing and UAT process.
- Responsible for maintaining bugs/defects in JIRA.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, JIRA, SharePoint, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Senior Business Analyst
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders and document analysis, represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Interacted with department heads to finalize business requirements, functional requirements and technical requirements and also created Business process model.
- Responsible for writing multiple Scrum/user stories and ensure that all the documentation is updated with all the requirements.
- Supervised and guided Business Analyst activities on existing projects where POS practise applied.
- Assessed, defined, prepared and facilitated training programs for the POS practice.
- Responsible for making E-commerce side of company more efficient and profitable.
- Prepared user training manual for merchandising team on managing commerce assets.
- Involved in creating performance modeling for Confidential commerce applications.
- Worked with Confidential developers to facilitate Business requirements into Confidential properties within Confidential . Led meetings with onshore and offshore team members.
- Convened meetings with users and stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and improve the process to ensure a stable and accurate solution.
- Involved in creation and reviewing of Functional Specifications and created a Functional Requirement Document
- Used Rational Requisite Pro to improve the communication of project goals, enhance collaborative development, reduce project risk and increase the quality of application before deployment.
- Created and maintained Narrative Use Cases (Business Use Cases, System Use Cases) and modelled Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Performed Confidential analysis, identifying opportunities for enhancements, and making recommendations based on key findings during requirement gathering.
- Worked extensively on Quality Center all the way from requirements loading, creating/updating test cases and tying them back to requirements, test execution and defect logging/tracking.
- Ensured requirements compliance and testing using traceability matrix.
- Assisted in organizing and coordinating deployment meetings, and making sure applications are ready to be moved from Development environment to Production environment.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Quality Center
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Business System Analyst
- Worked as a liaison between technology and the business clients to improve business processes and support critical business strategies.
- Utilized industry knowledge to provide executive management with the development and implementation of interactive business tools and strategic analysis.
- Setup and manage inter-departmental status meetings, often including off-shore development and QA teams.
- Scheduled review presentation meetings with developers, System Analysts (SA) and business owners for project completion and approval using Adobe Connect.
- Understood the Business Logic, User Requirements & developed Design & User Interface Specifications
- Worked with the stakeholders to understand the features they wanted to be implemented in the new version such as new notification options, account features, better sorting of the transaction list, preferred UI changes, etc.
- Worked with SMEs, business users and technical leads in understanding and documenting issues with the older version of the application.
- Wrote SQL queries for database inquiries whenever needed. Worked with System Admin for any database related task such as creating production scrubs, database access for team members, any issues, etc.
- Wrote documentation for all aspects of the computer systems validation lifecycle, in accordance with FDA regulations, particularly CFR 21, part 11, including: Validation Plan and Protocol, Installation Qualification (IQ), Operation Qualification (OQ), Performance Qualification (PQ).
- Assured Process Validation and Software Validation in compliance with cGXP’s (cGMP, GLP, GCP, GMP).
- Used Agile methodology throughout the project and extensively involved in all stages of development.
- Helped update Product Backlog whenever needed and also created Sprint logs by working with the team lead.
- Conducted multiple meetings in the middle of the sprint to solve any issues encountered during the sprint.
- Logged issues and presented them during the sprint reviews for discussion.
- Designed and finalized mockups using Axure. This helped the team in better understanding proposed changes.
- Helped in coordinating UAT phase for every sprint.
- Involved in logging post-deployment issues and making sure they were addressed as per their urgency and priority.
- Successfully completed the project within time and budget despite having a very tight schedule.
Environment: Agile, SCRUM, MS Visio, MS Project, Axure, SQL, My SQL Workbench. HEDIS, Lotus notes
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Gathered requirements from the business and technical end to develop the mainframe and the web portal backend.
- Php pages were developed using Dreamweaver and CSS for actual web development.
- Designing team was involved to develop product catalog.
- SSL certification for electronic funds transactions.
- Actively participated during the Production releases of the products and provided go-live support during Production deployments.
- Used Siebel’s EAI and EIM features to integrate data from datacenter and various web applications.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors and other stakeholders for open, pending and critical issues. Sessions focusing on IT strategies.
- Confidential analysis and structured walk through of work flow with Actuaries and Underwriters to identify and fill the Confidential after the merger.
- Strong domain knowledge in application catering to banking/Credit cards / mortgage business. Familiar with full life cycle of credit cards applications for different banking systems. Have strong knowledge in phases of credit cards life cycle.
- Problem solving skills and building a liaison between business and technical ends of the project.
- Resolved system issues as they relate to production processing, report applications and system output.
- Researched in determining the reporting tool, and the allocation of direct access to backend tables for real-time Ad hoc Reporting and analysis.
- Played a major role in documenting functional and technical specifications.
- Assigned problems to appropriate software development team for fixes.
- Performed meetings and discussions to implement technology concepts.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships.
- Developed implementation plans with recommendations for IT solutions such as UML, Java, Interactive forms (offline and online), SharePoint DCRS, Business Rules Engine (BRE).
- Performed document management using Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Developing Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Class Diagrams.
- Designed SQL queries for Backend Testing and Report Generation accordingly based on the specifications.
- Prepared Test Reports and submitted the Bug Findings to the Bug Tracking system using Quality Center and its modules (Requirements, Test Plan, Test lab and Defects).
- Liaised between client and Siebel teams as PM to ensure work met client requirements. Communicated to Siebel team when business requirements changed.
- Assisted project leader for project management and delivering projects.
- As a member of production support team, I have provided on-call support to all enhancements done on production servers.
- Performed Functionality, Integration, GUI, Regression, Usability and System testing.
- Performed script import and synchronized JAVA based applications with client website.
- Used Quality Center to log all the test cases/scripts and generate a daily status report.
- Performed testing and developed usage manual for Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Performed automated testing using Quality Center, Business Process Testing (BPT), Quick Test Professional (QTP) or Winrunner.
- Tested the Applications compatibility on different browser versions of IE, Firefox and Safari.
- Used BPT in Quality Center for the login in Access Manager and Single Sign in Opal Applications.
- Involved in creating a detailed System Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts for different modules in the Application according to the Business Requirement Documentation.
- Conducted meetings with the Business representatives to review products.
Environment: PHP, ASP,.Net, WAS, Siebel CRM, Sugar CRM, Java, SQL Server, QTP, QC, VBA, Office, Eclipse, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Office, Lotus Notes, PL/SQL, Confidential Analysis, Oracle BI Discoverer.