- Highly motivated Business Analyst Professional with over 5 years of experience in Business Analysis, Software Testing & Quality Assurance, Project Coordination and Customer Relationship Management
- Experience working with Web based applications, SaaS platforms, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems, Workflow Systems and CRM applications.
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience with the SDLC methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall/Incremental software development Life cycles.
- Solid experience with Requirements Elicitation using specific techniques such as Interviews, JAD sessions, Focus Groups, Workshops, Use Cases, Surveys, Questionnaires and other methods.
- Worked as a Liaison between Cross - functional teams such as Software Development/Technical Groups and Business Groups to identify business and user requirements.
- Expert in translating User Requirements into Functional Requirements and detailed Product Specifications.
- Proficient in Software Testing and QA processes. Solid experience in Functional (Blackbox) Testing, Documentation & Execution of Test Plans & Test Case scenarios, Root cause Analysis, Defects tracking and resolution, User Acceptance Testing, Verification of requirements and System Validation.
- Worked on extensive documentation of project artifacts such as Process flow diagrams, Workflows, Functional requirements, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Test Plans, Test Cases, Presentation and materials.
- Experience assisting with Project Coordination activities such as Scheduling, Project Planning, Status Reports, Communication with stakeholders, and Reporting.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, project and Outlook), Visio, Visual Source Safe
Programming Languages: C and C++, java/J2EE, ASP.NET, HTML/XML
Data Bases: Microsoft Access & PL/SQL
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP, 7, NT, 2000, 98 & 95
Processes/Technologies: Incremental, Agile and Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative, Use Cases, Workflow and UML.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Typical business analyst work, including wire framing front - end screens, determining database structure, and writing detailed specifications that in corporate business logic for front-end and back-end developers to use for coding
- Serving as a liaison between front-end and back-end developers
- Document process work flows, functional requirements, use cases and test cases
Confidential, Austin, TX
- My main role was to liaison between the business groups of the client, Teachers’ Retirement Systems (TRS), and Confidential ’s technical team to implement Confidential ’s “Clarity Retirement Systems” as a software solution to replace the legacy Retirement application of TRS.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Environment: Microsoft Windows 7 and XP, Firefox Mozilla 18.0, Safari 5.7.1, Python, Django, Mainframes, MS Office suite including MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, JIRA Defect Tracking tool, Selenium Automated Test suite
- Liaison between the Software Development team, business groups and the Customer Steering committees/Enterprise Resources.
- Lead Client communication regarding Software requirements, business processes, change management and System .
- Requirements Elicitation & Management: Gather, analyze and document user requirements and translate them into functional requirements.
- Conduct JAD sessions, Interviews, Group Discussions, Workshops to gather User and Business Requirements.
- Create requirements traceability matrix and write effective use cases for desired functionalities.
- Facilitate change management processes.
- Document the business processes and Work Flows.
- Participate in Design reviews.
- Document test plans, test cases, test criteria and the test results for functional testing.
- Perform functional testing on test, beta and production environments.
- Report and assign the bugs and issues resulting from functional testing and user acceptance testing using JIRA defect and issue tracking tool.
- Drive the user acceptance testing (UAT) processes. Prepare UAT questionnaires, schedule UATs and administer the same. Participate in the customer sign off process.
- Organize and conduct sessions. Document materials such as user manuals and help documents.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement strategies and standardization of project management methodologies and templates.
- Assist with Project Management activities such as create and update Project Plan in MS Project Pro, document project plans, create work breakdown structure, allocate resources using JIRA task assignments and track the efforts and schedules.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Liaison and collaborate between IT Director, Software Development Groups and Finance, HR, Business Services teams
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and fact - finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Analysis of Business and User needs for successful development and implementation of In-house Application Systems
- Elicit, gather and Analyze User Requirements and translate into Functional Requirements in a clear manner using UML, Use Cases and User Stories.
- Document requirements and revise existing system logic as necessary.
- Define, analyze and document Processes, Process Models, Specifications, Charts and Diagrams.
- Analyze and manage Data using analytical tools such as MS Excel, and Document Control tools.
- Verifying and analyzing the Requirements for completeness, consistency, feasibility and conformity to standards.
- Organizing work processes, setting priorities, and making decisions.
- Apply assigned business unit policies, procedures and operations when creating system documentation.
- Document current computer system including system layout, capabilities, database manipulation, screen information, and work processes.
- Analyze user specifications, logically plan, coordinate, develop and test new or existing computer programs to resolve problems or enhance system.
- User Acceptance Testing and Validation of In-house applications and Systems.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 7 and XP, ASP.Net, HTML, SQL, On Time Defects and Feature Management System, MS Excel, MS Word
Business Process Lead
- Involved with the PMO in assisting with the project management processes to ensure the reduction of delivery costs.
- Managed scope development, requirements gathering, testing, and implementation of new applications and enhancement projects.
- Planned, scheduled and supervised the work of entire team to ensure timely work completion.
- Assisted in the creation of business requirement documentation.
- Assist the QA groups for quality compliance.
- Conducted research and analysis to identify the business problem.
- Created detailed workflow diagrams & procedural documentation for existing and proposed systems.
- Review completed application enhancements and QA test results to ensure that they meet business requirements.
- Assisted the Project managers in maintaining the minutes for all the meetings.
- Involved with the testing teams for performing functionality check.
- Document Control & Management using tools such as Visual Source Safe.
- Creating monthly reports.
Environment: MS PROJECT, Windows NT/XP, Microsoft Word (2000/XP), MS Project, Excel, HTML/XML, Java Scripts, Internet Explorer 4.0, 5.0, Visual Source Safe.
- Responsible for driving the Organization s Quality objectives and process improvement initiatives including Business Process Consulting, Gaps and Non - conformance analysis, Report Generation and providing solutions.
- Worked as a liaison between the Software Development teams and the Quality Assurance Group ensuring the conformance of business processes as per the set standards.
- Elicit business requirements by interacting with SMEs, Business users and Stakeholders.
- Worked on Risk Analysis and Management, and prepared Risk Prevention and Mitigation Plans.
- Conducted internal audits, prepared Audit Reports and conducted follow-ups for closure.
- Responsible for implementing process improvement changes to the Internal Quality Management System based on Review/Audit Findings and process owners requests.
- Organized and conducted Facilitation meetings on a monthly basis.
- Led Process Change Management by effectively communicating and implementing the new processes. key personnel on Business Processes, Metrics Measurement/analysis and Quality Assurance.
- Extensively used MS Excel to collect, analyze and collate Project Metrics relating to Efforts, Schedule, Defects and Review.
- Provided Documentation support to Software Development teams by creating and maintaining project artifacts and preparing Project Closure reports containing the best practices and lessons learnt.
- Handled the Configuration Management using Visual Source Safe (VSS).
- Frequently reviewed and tested the Software Development processes for Quality compliance.
- Organized and participated in project team meetings throughout the software development life cycle.
- Generated SQA Reports on a monthly basis and presented the reports containing top priority issues, non-conformances, s and road map before the Senior Management.
- Responsible for conducting regular and formal Customer Surveys and for interacting with the clients periodically to get feedback.