- 8 plus years of experience working as a Business Analyst. Proficient in design, development, requirement gathering, work flow analysis, and testing.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, TDD, SAFe, KanBan).
- Experienced in Banking and E - commerce domains.
- Experienced in process analysis, business process reengineering, developing Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams.
- Developed functional specifications, user interfaces and application rules based on client’s requirements.
- Extensive experience in providing training to Users, Designers, Developers and Customers on business and functionalities.
- Exceptional communication skills; worked closely with clients to gather project requirements, delivered presentation to senior management.
- Strong knowledge on Data warehousing/ETL concepts Expertise in working with MS-Office, MS-Project, MS-Visio, Erwin.
- Excellent analytical and logical programming skills with a good understanding at the conceptual level and possess excellent presentation, interpersonal skills with a strong desire to achieve specified goals.
BI & Reporting Tools: Actuate 8.0/7.0, OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Crystal Reports, Tablueau
Data Warehousing: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6/8.1/7.1
Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Data Modeling, Star Join Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, Erwin 4.0/3.5.2/3. x, Oracle Designer
Databases: Teradata V2R6, Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.0, SQL Server, MS Access
Programming: C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, ANSI SQL, Visual Basic 6.0/5.0, XML, Perl, UNIX Shell Scripting, JCL
App/Web Servers: IIS, Weblogic, IBM WebSpere
Defect Management Tools: Test Director, Mercury Quality Center 9.2/9.0, JIRA
Testing Tools: WinRunner, QTP, LoadRunner
Operating Systems: Windows, iOS, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Charlotte NC
Sr. Business Analyst
- Successfully used hybrid Waterfall/Agile Method for gathering requirements and facilitated user stories workshop. Documented User Stories and facilitated Story Point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications.
- Coordinated with project teams, internal and external, to achieve project defined milestones and deliverable. Worked closely with Product owner, Business Managers and SMEs to help refine and prioritize scope for upcoming releases.
- Created Business Requirement Document BRDs and Functional Specification Document FSDs as per the gathered requirements.
- Refined use cases and facilitated meetings with the product owner and the project team. Planned, facilitated and reported on quality assurance testing efforts. Supported cross-team coordination
- Facilitated business requirements review with development and QA teams and also coordinated with the offshore QA team. Conducted Daily triage meeting and managed defects using JIRA.
- Executed SQL queries from different tables of various databases to validate business rules and research/analysis purposes later using MS Excel
- Identify, research, investigate, analyze, define and document business processes and Use Case
- Facilitated work sessions between business users, operational groups, business line and various other stakeholders to finalize business requirements, resolve issues, track project status and provide framework for future steps.
- Participated in meetings with Developers, Project Managers and Quality Analysts to discuss business requirements, test planning, resource utilization, and defect tracking.
- Conducted Walkthroughs and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and wrote UAT test cases to ensure module works as per business requirements.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries using joins, subqueries and cross/outer apply to extract data from different tables of various databases to validate business rules and research/analysis purposes.
- Designed the system and data flow diagrams and used them to analyze the impacts.
- Worked directly with Regulatory report preparers and owners on project plan management, program risks/issues, status report updates, and workstream dependencies
- Advised Data Providers and Data owners, including Account Managers and Group Account Controllers, submitting data for Regulatory and Risk reports on developing Governance and Oversight framework compliant artefacts.
- Delivered artefacts included process flows, data flows and data lineage developed using MS Visio and MS Excel.
- Organize cross training of team members and users to become more responsive.
- Excessive use of advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SQL, HP ALM and analytical tools
Confidential , Lewisville TX
Sr. Business Analyst
- Collaborate with business partners to develop the Business Case, Statement of Work, Requirements Specification, and Functional Design documents utilizing the Enterprise Project Management Methodology for Commercial Loan Services line of business.
- Involved in prototype design and wireframing for UI/UX projects.
- Successfully used Agile/Scrum Method for gathering requirements and facilitated user stories workshop. Documented User Stories and facilitated Story Point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications
- Effectively communicated with the Project manager/Delivery manager about the progress on daily scrum sessions as well as about the backlogs in the on-going sprints
- Develop the systems implementation project management plan with milestones and steps from procurement of vendors to project implementation and maintenance.
- Create specifications BRD, FRD, Use Cases - for Loan IQ front and middle-end-lending solution enhancements.
- Develop Data Flow diagrams & Process Mapping of the ongoing applications using MS Visio.
- Responsible for indexing of the tables in that data warehouse.
- Worked with JIRA for defect management and to create Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Implement the full project lifecycle phases including requirements gatherings, development and quality assurance.
- Work with the Business community, Tech Lead and 3rd party vendors in gathering the requirements.
- Function as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle
- Involve in development & documentation of Software Requirements Specification (SRS) using Borland Caliber RM.
- Monitor and assist in designing and development of Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOAD using UML.
- Create DTS Packages for migration of data between MS SQL Server database and other databases like MS Access, MS Excel and Flat Files.
- Document and deliver Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Extensive experience with User acceptance testing (UAT), System testing, Integration testing and build verification testing. Assist with user testing of systems (User Acceptance Testing), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Data & Process Mapping, data modeling, data profiling, created specifications for database migrations & conversions and conducted testing on relational databases
- Provide technical support to the Database Team on Oracle, develop SQL queries for data extraction.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance Analyst in Automated and Manual Black box testing.
- Ensure on-time and on-budget performance of the assigned efforts to the mutual satisfaction of the business partners/ sponsors.
- Excessive use of advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SQL and analytical tools.
Confidential, Richmond VA
- Confidential provides products that include fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, long-term care insurance, and a linked-benefits product that combines long-term care insurance with universal life insurance. ANB 3.0 was undertaken to improve the new business experience for the financial advisor, reduce annuities processing cost per application and deliver a processing solution that offers new business leadership flexible scalability options. The project involved delivering a new workflow and a processing system to increase the market share in the annuities space, thereby increasing overall scalability.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
Business/ Quality Assurance Analyst
- A website for computer retailer store with a complete range of products from cables unlimited. This website gives a complete detailing of its products & services. It features display of its products with option for online product purchase/ordering by distributors & resellers. Various tools like cable finder and option for searching & finding the right set of cables or parts meeting the customer’s criterion.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Business/ Quality Assurance Analyst
- A Mortgage module, which includes features such as Home Equity Loans and Mortgage application process. It provides flexibility required in creating, maintaining, and processing mortgage and equity line of credit loans, and takes care of management with its comprehensive reporting facility. Various control functions within the system allow management to design and immediately implement loan products and services to satisfy specific requirements as desired by the users.