- Skilled Business Analyst/ System Analyst/Reporting Analyst with over more than 6 years of Experience in the field of Insurance for gathering requirements (BRD, FRD, RTM and Data Mapping Documents), Data Analyst, Design/Modeling and Data Warehousing and creating UML diagrams.
- Experience in project management and information technology applications with Finance industry in Commercial Banking and Mortgage Loan.
- Experience in business and system change management, support and training at enterprise level.
- In depth working experience in all phases of SDLC from planning to implementation.
- Experienced in Financial Management areas like Asset Management and Portfolio Management.
- Extensive knowledge in loan life cycle, credit risk and mortgage including MBS/CDO
- Experience in COSO ERM Framework elements like Internal control, event identification, Risk Assessment and monitoring.
- Experience in Project Document management system (PDMS)
- Strong subject matter expertise in Fixed Income, Derivatives, Equities, Bond Pricing, Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), Annuity.
- Deep understanding of Investment Management, Asset Management, Prime Brokerage Services, Money and Capital Market Instruments.
- Having strong domain knowledge in application catering to banking/Credit cards / mortgage business. Familiar with full life cycle of credit cards applications for different banking systems. Have strong knowledge in following phases of credit cards life cycle.
- Worked with Fixed Income, Bonds and Bond Trading Cycle, Bond Pricing, Equities, Trade Cycle, Derivatives (Options and Futures), Portfolio Management, Sales and Marketing.
- Experience in working with PMO office for facilitating in managing multiple projects by monitoring project milestones, highlighting project progress, risk/issues and maintaining an appropriate level of project progress reporting.
- Extensive experience in project management tools such as MS Project, Daptive. Experience in creating key project management artifacts such as Project Charter, developing business case, RACI matrixes, project roadmaps and WBS.
- Experience conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and writing test cases for the same.
- Involved in test planning, test preparation, test execution and issue resolution and report generation to assure that all aspects of the project are in compliance with the business requirements.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, ability to work well under pressure, result - oriented, self-motivating and versatile in problem solving.
- Strong experience using Guidewire tool for operational management in the insurance domain.
- Skillfully used techniques like interviews, surveys, workshops and JAD sessions by using design modeling tools like Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in creating various artifacts like BRD, functional specifications, Use Cases, UML diagrams, data mapping documentation, pre and post RTM, weekly reports etc.
- Capability to communicate with configuration manager, production manager and end users.
Requirement Tracking: Rational Requisite-Pro, Test Director, MQC and DOORS.
Operating Systems: MS Windows, UNIX
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, IBM DB2, SQL*Plus, SQL *Loader, Toad
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS Visio, SharePoint
Methodologies: SDLC, RUP, UML, RAD, JAD and AGILE.
ETL/BI Tools: SAS, Informatica Power Center, Tableau, Spotfire, Report Builder
BI Developer Tools: Crystal Reports, Business Object, Crystal Enterprise, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
UML Diagram Tools: Rational Rose / Microsoft Visio
Testing Tools: Quality Center/ALM, QTP, TFS, SOAP UI
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Analyzed consumer surveys and gave technical inputs in Business meetings.
- Actively participated in the resolution of Production Report issues and also the gathering and analysis of ever-changing Reporting Requirements of users.
- Prepared the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) for the enhancement of the existing services.
- Assisting in the development and testing of payment projects
- Involved in the meeting with business and marketing team for requirements gathering in definition stage.
- Gathered the reporting requirements of the Trade Position Reporting for various Secured and Unsecured Financial Products including Derivatives like Equity Swaps, FX Forwards, Currency Swaps, Interest Rate Options and Forward Rate Agreements (FRA) and formulated the Business Rules for the same in the Oracle Data Warehouse with Crystal Reports as the front end reporting tool. For a product testing Financial client.
- Ensured IT security and SOX Compliance requirements are implemented in New Systems, Enhancements and Upgrades in PDMS systems.
- Good understanding of Financial Statement Analysis, Capital Budgeting, Portfolio Analysis & Stock Valuation.
- Assisted with integration of former Investors Bank and Trust Institutional Custody Department into Wealth Management Services.
- Provide trend analysis for all major card brands and debit networks
- Wrote specification to implement application feed for trade-processing lifecycles from pre-trade analysis to post-trade risk management, settlement and regulatory compliance with SunGard's Capital Markets and Investment Banking solution.
- Monitoring credit card application and reporting to high level management about possible risk and ensured compliance.
- Reporting on payment data to improve payment performan
- Worked on brokerage applications for trading, risk management and processing. Wrote BRD & FRD by gathering requirements from SME's using Murex Mx Asset Manager, to build up
- Facilitated Focus Group Meetings and (JAD) Sessions to adequately access business needs.
- Participated in the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions, Gap Analysis, Business Impact Analysis Evaluate and reengineer existing systems, tools, methodologies, Standardization of processes.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Project.
- Assisted with preparation for internal audits, and Federal Reserve Board audits in Fixed income.
- Provided Anti-Money Laundering review of State Street/Investors Bank and Trust clients. Completed other compliance projects.
- Strong exposure in store and process credit card / Debit Card accounts and process transactions
- Worked as a business analyst to build enterprise reporting system to support Risk Analysis, Securities and their Valuation, Asset Management, risks and returns, Bond Pricing, MBS, ABS, Derivatives (repos, interest rate swaps), Money Market Instruments and used strong knowledge of financial statements, cash flow, Financing Structures, Capital Management, Portfolio Analysis, Budgeting, trade capture application, risk management, and Investment Accounting.
- Implemented complex views, procedures, functions, packages and triggers in PL/SQL
- Facilitated negotiations with clients (other arrangers) for the finalization of syndicated facilities (conditions, term sheet, covenants)
- Monitor payment system performance and identify, track, and communicate key metrics to senior management
- Ensured that relevant UML diagrams and Tools (Rose, RequisitePro) were used in all requirement documents e.g. Business Requirements, Functional Specifications for PDMS initiatives.
- Worked with SQL query tools and business objects. Designing, modeling, developing and supporting Data Management Systems for fixed income FO team.
- Upgrading existing Credit Cards VisionPlus application by incorporating new functional changes introduced by MasterCard Visa network
- Good comfort level with Capital Markets, Money markets, Trading Systems, Derivatives (Strong in Options), Equities, Fixed Income, US government Treasury Securities (T-Bills, T-Bonds and T-Notes), Municipal Bonds, Stocks Trading Cycle, Margin Requirement, Mark to Market, Hedge Funds.
- Worked on Integration methodologies, IBM and informatics tools. Database integration including data models, data marts for Derivatives and fixed income team.
- Facilitated the Customer in defining the high-level Functional Requirements and needs.
- Gathered the Requirements, Develop Process Model and detailed Business Policies and modified the business requirement document
- Documented approved change controls to add them into business design for PDMS.
Environment: Agile, Java, Oracle, MS Access, MS Project, SharePoint, PDMS, MS Visio, MS Office, IBM DOORS, JIRA.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Business System Analyst
- Assisted with testing and implementation of ALS system changes due to requirements of BASEL II initiative.
- Worked on story board sessions and Use Case Diagrams to refine the gathered requirements.
- Prepared Business Requirements Document converted it to Functional Requirements Specification using Rational Requisite Pro
- Followed the Unified Process Methodology for iterative design.
- Worked on creating a hybrid model of RUP and Waterfall methodologies for software development.
- Developed a Requirement Traceability Matrix and ensured its timely update.
- Worked with Senior Project manager and other users and created Work flow diagrams using MS Visio/UML high definition level/Program management level.
- Participated in gathering requirements for the integration of various credit cards functionalities like account boarding, payment processing, collections and write-off
- Ensuring accurate and timely process of manual and straight through payment
- Document and executed user acceptance and system integration test scripts using Quality Center
- Processed requirements for creating Analytical Trending reports for Marketing and Sales.
- Conducted Joint Application Development sessions with Developers, Testing teams and Subject Matter Experts.
- Prepared a schedule and work flow for the development team using MS Project.
- Responsible for timely deliverables met Business Requirements
- Involved in conducting User Acceptance Testing with prospective users.
- Reviewed monthly/quarterly/yearly operational losses for the mortgage company in order to identify risks to the company and process gaps. Complete in-depth research as needed into root cause in order to assist in development of new processes as well as implementing process improvements for current processes.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to conduct Data Validation tests and Data Integrity tests.
- Collected information to create a Back out Plan as a part of Production Readiness Review.
- Played an active role in Production Support and maintenance of the application.
- Conducted status meetings and presided over the Changed Control Board meetings to discuss Defect, Enhancement and Database Change tickets.
Environment: Java, Oracle, Toad, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, Requisite Pro, JIRA, and Crystal Reports
Confidential . Allentown, PA
- Worked with branch mortgage specialists to define application functionality and features.
- Created mortgage origination process workflow.
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle.
- Followed the RUP (Rational Unified Process) methodology for elicitation and representation of requirements.
- Contributed in defining the scope of the project and defined functional specifications.
- Analyzed and documented the system specifications, Business requirements; used the tool DOORS for documenting, tracking and analyzing the requirements.
- Follow-up on any payment related issue and transaction and carry out investigation
- Used DOORS to link requirements to test cases, business rules, and design items to maintain traceability.
- Was actively involved in the design of BRD, FRD, Use Case diagrams and Activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Assisted the conversion team in the unit test as well as the system test. Provided weekly updates to the key stakeholders, project manager and IT Lead by creating JAD sessions and facilitating these sessions.
- Used SQL to query the database and performed data analysis.
- Responsible for numerous decisions in respect to business policies, procedures, methods for implementation.
- Identified and resolved (or maintain accountability for ensuring the resolution of) issues identified during all phases of projects.
- Attending to client enquires, requests and issues on payments
- Formulated project plans including staffing, analysis, development, testing and implementation.
- Used UML to produce Use-Cases, Use case diagrams and Activity diagrams to explain process flows and functional specifications.
- Apply UML notations and methodology in developing models that accurately represent the business process reengineering and workflows and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders.
- Involved in identification of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, requirements and assumptions.
- Regularly interacted with onshore and offshore teams to communicate requirements and review test cases and test plans.
- Used Quality Center to look up defects and issues raised by testing activities.
- Wrote and executed Test cases for the application when in (UAT) Environment.
- Worked closely with QA and Developers to clarify/understand functionality, resolve issues and provided feedback to nail down the bugs.
- Extensively wrote SQL Queries (Sub queries, correlated sub queries and Join conditions) for Data Accuracy, Data Analysis and Data Extraction needs.
- Produced and managed documentation on release activities to support problem resolution.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Followed all the phases in the project management life cycle.
- Utilized Agile methodologies to analyze and document any proposed requirement.
- Prepared the Gap Analysis Document & Feasibility Study thought extensive use of SharePoint Analytics, various Elicitation techniques like Meetings, Group Discussion, Surveys and JAD Sessions.
- Facilitated JAD (Joint application development) sessions on Business Requirement Document and Functional
- Served as a team lead of a group of eight people in QA including two regression analysts and six functional testers, a system lead, interface and integrate UAT testing teams. Reviewed test plan and results. Coordinated with the business analysts and client for reviewing test results.
- Acted as a liaison between the business users and technical teams to build applications based on the business requirements by providing a single point of contact for user communication (managed issue tracking, prioritization and resolution).
- Familiar with working on Master Visa card processing regulations, chargeback processing, and settlement and clearing process.
- Identify, investigate, scope, and escalate customer-impacting payment issues
- Organized meetings and worked together with a project manager across departments to discuss Project Requirements.
- Extensively used MS SharePoint, a content management platform, for managing content across the organization within a shared repository.
- Worked with department teams to write business requirement documents (define user and system interfaces - actors with the help of use case diagrams).
- Refined the requirements (use-cases) and Business Process Models to a detailed level appropriate for technical analysis and system design.
- Design payments and support test plans for existing and new payer experiences
- Participated in sessions to define the solution approaches, and identifying assumptions, constraints, risk and issues. Analysis and specification of system changes.
- Revealed unidentified requirements, evaluated changes to requirements, and assessed impact of changes.
- Recommended process or system changes intended to eliminate identified risks or gaps.
- Ran SQL queries to retrieve loan data using TOAD and performed analytics using Excel functions such as Pivot tables, Vlookup, Hlookup, etc.
- Performed Data analysis from the data warehouse along with business intelligence solutions delivery team.
- Creating Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams based on UML Methodology and business process flow diagrams using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect.
- Worked with Finance and IT department to operate across functions and worked with resources external to the Project Team.
- Assists in identifying and closing new client payment acquisition opportunities and existing client payment cross-sell opportunities
- Developed functional requirements and specifications.
- Provided regular verbal and written status reports to IT management and business community; published meeting minutes and maintained project plans.
- Project tracking and documentation using MS Project, Excel, Access and Word.
- Coordinated with the project team and testing team to revise project artifacts (such as use-case specifications and test scripts) to reflect requirement changes.
- Worked independently with minimum supervision as part of a dynamic IT team.
Environment: Agile, Java, Oracle, MS Access, MS Project, SharePoint, PDMS, MS Visio, MS Office, IBM DOORS, JIRA.