- 8+ years of experience in analysis of Large - Scale business systems, implementing a variety of projects including Advisory Platform, Trading, Collateral Management, Reporting Systems in the Financial sector.
- Experience in working with different Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) forms like SCRUM, Waterfall, Scrum-Waterfall (Hybrid) and good understanding of RUP and Agile Methodologies like Kanban and SAFe.
- Deep understanding of Securities (Stocks and corporate bonds) and their valuation , Risk analysis, Portfolio Management (risks and returns) and analysis, Asset Allocations , Bond pricing , Equities , Options , Financial Derivatives , Cash flows , financing structure , Capital Management and Stock Valuation .
- Strong knowledge in Automated Clearing House (ACH), Bank Clearing system , Loan Servicing , Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT ). Developed General understanding of Accounting process including general ledger and account reconciliation, and in financial Sector compliances and Anti-Money Laundering Laws.
- Experience in defining Business process Risk Identification, Risk Analysis, and Risk Mitigation.
- Elicited requirements from the business users using various requirements elicitation techniques such as JAD Sessions, One-on-One Interviews, Brainstorming, Document analysis, and Bench Marking.
- Skilled in creation of BRD (Business Requirements Document), FRD (Functional Requirements Document), SRS (System Requirements Specification) and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) documents.
- Extensively Worked on tools like JIRA, RALLY for issue tracking and Project management and streamlined team-collaboration on Confluence.
- Created Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams like Use Cases, Activity diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class diagrams and transforming the gathered requirements into functional specifications focusing on workflow analysis and design, user interface design, data flow, process flow.
- Proficient in Prototyping user Interfaces using Wireframes and Mock-ups using Balsamiq, SmartDraw with focused attention to detail in enriching User Experience, User Interaction and eliciting stakeholder’s feedback.
- Actively participated in Sprint Ceremonies (Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Retrospective) and experience in facilitating them as and when needed.
- Experienced in writing and slicing User stories, prioritizing product/release backlogs and handling the Requirement Churn. Efficient in using prioritization techniques, MoSCoW, KANO, Technology-based and Business Value-Based and estimation techniques, Planning Poker, T-shirt sizing, Relative mass evaluation.
- Recognized for providing support in Business decision making, for performing Data Acquisition , Data Cleaning , Data Manipulation , Data Mining , Data Validation , and Data Visualization .
- Expert in writing complex SQL Queries including Joins, Insert, Update & Delete and experience in monitoring SQL Server Performance using SQL Profiler, Index tuning wizard and business logic using Triggers, Views and Stored Procedures.
- Extensive execution learning of Databases, Data Table structures, Schemas, Data Marts and OLAP operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, Slice and dice and rotate.
- Extensive use of Informatica for Extraction, Transformation and Loading; Used SQL server reporting services (SSRS) to generate reports of the data that will be used for analysis by different data warehouses and data marts.
- Thorough understanding of n-tier architecture, request and response flow. Understanding in technologies for business requirements (HTML, CSS, SOAP, REST, AJAX, JSON and XML). Gathered requirements for Client-Side and Server-Side Validation.
- Experienced in API documentation using Swagger and API testing using Postman and SoapUI to check if the API’s are returning the data in JSON, XML format as defined in the API documentation and required by the workflow.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Defects/Bugs Validation, Conflict Resolution & Report Generation using various Defect Tracking Tools.
- In-depth knowledge of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with experience in creating test cases and test plans & release skill sets. Assisted the Quality Assurance (QA) team to perform manual and automated Black Box, GUI testing, Functionality, Regression, System, Unit, Web Service and Volume testing.
- Extensive experience in generating weekly/monthly Data reports and Creating Visualizations using Tableau, Informatica, SSRS, SAS, SQL and identified elements required for new reports.
- Expert in Advanced MS Excel - Formulas, Pivot tables, Macros, VLOOKUP, VBA.
- Strong problem-solving, planning, analytical, team-building, communication and project management skills.
Data Analytical tools: Informatica Power center 9.x, R, Power BI, Tableau, Excel, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
Databases: IBM DB2, RDBMS, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Hive, Redshift
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 10, LINUX
Project Management: (requirement, test, defect)
JIRA, IBM Rational Requisite Pro, HP ALM, Quality Center, Confluence, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Rose, Selenium, Load Runner, Service Now.
Modeling & Designing: MS Visio, Smart Draw, Process Model, Lucid Charts, Camtasia, VBA
SDLC Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Water Scrum Fall.
Web Services API: AJAX, SOAP, REST, XML, Postman, Swagger
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Interacted with Risk Managers, Portfolio Managers, Project Architects along with the Business Owners, to gather client requirements specific to Asset Allocation and Portfolio management and translated to technical artifacts.
- Documented the compliances related to Portfolio Management as per regulatory requirements laid down in the Dodd-Frank Act, BASEL II, ESMA so that the development team addresses and complies to all the regulatory points into the asset and Portfolio Management System.
- Identified and reported client accounts affected by corporate action events , assisted in the design and implementation of the company's Policy and Procedures to align with standard operating procedures and corporate action plans. Documented approved actions in confluence and assisted in notifying corporate action to clients via SWIFT , fax , and email alerts.
- Analyzed requirements & created Business Requirement Documents (BRD). Assisted PO in translating them in User stories.
- Documented Business Process Rules after interacting with the Business Owners, Industry Regulators, SME's and Stakeholders; defined the Goal, Scope, Deliverables, Timelines and Significance of various features.
- Conducted GAP analysis for AS-IS and TO-BE of the process to identify and validate requirements.
- Created Mock-up screens and Wireframes for an overview of UI and UML diagrams such as component, sequence, activity and use case diagrams using MS Visio for proper visualization of requirements and data flow.
- Actively participated in scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Grooming). Assisted PO in slicing user stories using JIRA and ensured they meet INVEST criteria.
- Wrote and executed complex SQL queries to perform data analysis, data extraction, data validation and data manipulation using different types of Joins, Subqueries and Aggregate functions like sum, Avg, count, min, max.
- Performed various ETL transformations on extracted data using Informatica PC like Unconnected and connected Lookups, Routers, Joiners, Filters, Aggregators, Union on flat files and involved in creating data mapping documents.
- Performed Pre- & Post documentation of API using swagger and conducted API testing to verify message flows and documented JSON, XML request/responses for REST API using Postman for the future reference.
- Developed Test Scenarios and performed manual black box testing and reviewed automated system/smoke testing results for Margin accounts, Portfolio data mapping with UI screen using HP QC and Informatica data Quality (IDQ) to check whether the actions and dependent functions were reflected properly.
- Lead weekly meetings to ensure project action items are completed timely by follow-ups and reviews.
- Prepared and presented visualizations, action reports, open risks and open issues reports, active project and project status reports using PowerPoint , Excel (Pivots, charts), SQL and Tableau .
- Coordinate with the project manager to ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved promptly.
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, Wilmington, Delaware
- Developed understanding of industry compliances such as Dodd-Frank, EMIR and Basel III capital adequacy and liquidity.
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts and performed extensive Document Reviews to develop a thorough understanding of business processes to aid Business Processes Improvement (BPI).
- Performed GAP analysis on process models of state-of-the-art processes and to-be processes.
- Helped PO and PM in Workflow analysis, Interface Analysis and SWOT analysis in order to be prepared for potential business and technical risks to the system. Assisted Risk Manager in Risk analysis and Risk Mitigation strategies.
- Analyzed, modified and documented functional and non - functional requirements. Identified project requirements, processes and data dependencies.
- Identified Business Rules for credit line approval by conducting extensive one-to one interview with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and by analyzing the Business Documents.
- Led high level requirement gathering activities involving elicitation practices like JAD Sessions, Focus Groups, One-to-one Interviews, Brainstorming and Document Analysis.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirement Document (BRD/HLD) and helped transforming them into user stories.
- Prepared and analyzed UML diagrams like Process Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio to analyze and design structure, behavior and interactions in the system design.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using UI components such as Radio Buttons, Data-Entry Fields, Check Boxes, Drop-Down Lists to retrieve data for Client-Side Verification and GUI
- Helped product owner determine Acceptance Criteria for Potentially Shippable Product Increment (PSPI).
- Assisted the product owner in prioritizing and estimating Product Backlog Items (PBIs) to pick Sprint tasks by incorporating suggestions from cross-functional IT team.
- Assisted project manager and product owner to track and improve efficiency and Team Velocity using Sprint Burn-Down Chart and Product Burn-Down Chart.
- Also, strategically handled requirement churn by making sure the current sprint is not affected by the desired change.
- Assisted DA in Creating Staging Area, Source, Target Databases for ETL and mappings within collateral accounts using Informatica.
- Assisted creation of Test Cases, Test Plans and Test Scenarios, and created Requirements Traceability Matrices. Conducted User Acceptance Training (UAT) and actively participated and facilitated testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Deployment Flowchart in conjunction with the development, infrastructure, and network teams containing instructions for maintaining the application.
- Created training scripts, training module and training curriculum.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, Balsamiq, MS Office 2013, MS SharePoint 2013, MS Visio 2013, MS Project 2013, JIRA 5.2, HP ALM, Informatica PowerCenter 9.x, Oracle 11g, ASP.NET Visual Studio 2013.
Business System Analyst
Confidential (Seattle, Washington)
- Interacted with users and stakeholders to Identify business needs, evaluated solutions for business problems to get the complete understanding of business requirements, Statutory Financial Statements (local GAAP, US GAAP or IFRS) and made sure requirements are adhering to compliances.
- Gathered business requirements by participating in JAD sessions, interviewing business users and stakeholders and consulting existing systems documents. Understood problem definition through one to one meeting with Data architect, BI developers, Enterprise Architect and Solution advisors.
- Provided clear and consistent information about project status both internally, IT team and stakeholders.
- Assisted financial analysts in Actual, Budget, Encumbrance summary fact modeling and fetched financial and business -related data using complex SQL queries, Joins, functions for the further analysis.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling, Process mapping and Business Process flow diagrams . Understood the AS-IS system, developed the TO- BE system concepts and creat ed Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, System Process Maps and Class Diagrams.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD/HLD) and Drafted Systems Requirement Specification (SRS). Analyzed, modified and validated these documents.
- Performed Data Mining to find correlation and pattern in existing data and constructed SQL queries.
- Wrote standard and complex SQL Queries to perform Data Extraction, Data analysis, Data Validation.
- Developed Conceptual and Logical ER diagrams for the database . Created Data Dictionary for the data models.
- Aided the application of Snow-flake Schemas in Dimensional model by providing business rules to architects.
- Integrated various OLTP databases to OLAP using Informatica Power Center as an ETL and reporting tool.
- Assisted in increasing Data Integrity by performing Data Normalization and adding Data Verification and Validity . Also, a ssisted in the implementation of data marts to address areas of business interest.
- Assisted with SNOW-flake schemas in the Dimensional model architects to providing business rules.
- Supported database team in performing OLAP operations, namely Roll-up, Drill-down, Slice, Dice and Pivot
- Documented the Source to Target Mapping documents with business logic and data transformation logic and tested mapping results to assure they matched back to expected results.
- Involved in API technical writing and documented XML and JSON request and responses using Swagger .
- Worked with QA team to design and develop Test Plan and Test Cases to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT ), Functional Testing and Regression Testing using Zephyr.
- Used Tableau for generating reports and data visualization to communicate information clearly via the statistical graphics, plots, information graphics, tables and charts selected.
Environment: Waterfall, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Java, SQL Server, Oracle, Informatica Power Center, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Redshift, MS-Visio, Jira, Swagger, Zephyr
Business System Analyst
- Strong understanding of Capital Markets, Trade Life-cycle, Foreign Exchange Market and Trading Platform.
- Functioned closely with the corporate business team, control teams and technology teams to understand the end to end process, data security and Financial Compliance documents (MiFID 2), FRTB, JFRS, IFRS, SEC, FDIC and GAAP
- Gathered business requirements about trading fixed income (Bonds), convert the same into BRD and FRD.
- Worked closely with retail brokerage team, strategic wealth professionals, portfolio managers, fixed income support team, PMs, and developers to enhance functionality and to correct problems with the fixed income trade related system. Constructed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to determine the source of the requirement.
- Prepared Use Case scenarios, designed Use Case diagrams and Activity diagrams using MS Visio to provide scenario-based workflows, exception conditions for business rules, and end-to-end definitions of requirements.
- Gave insight into the data carried by Bloomberg and other sources to improve processes and drive the team forward.
- Used SQL queries to make sure that the extraction process did not provide duplicate data or redundant data in the source and all unnecessary columns were removed as per the business requirements.
- Assisted in Data modelling, Data Staging and Data Integration process. Helped in performing ETL from current OLTP to the target data warehouse and created Data Mapping documents.
- Involved in API documentation for SOAP and documented XML request and responses using SOAP UI
- Wrote and executed manual/automated test cases, test plans and test scenarios and used HP QC to log defects and create an error repository to support QA team in testing, tracking defects and manage defects and bugs.
- Assisted in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) against test cases and Acceptance Criteria and participated in and facilitated testing of the system during Smoke testing and Regression Testing.
- Developed Excel, Lumira dashboards incorporating Waterfall charts, Bubble charts, Heat Maps, and Histograms for portfolio managers viewing their investments and senior management viewing risk exposures.
Environment: Hybrid (Waterfall-Scrum), MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Outlook, UML, iRise, Agile Scrum, SAP Lumira, SSMS, HP QC, SAP HANA, SOAPUI
Business System Analyst
- Worked with business, SME, mortgage agents and correspondent and gathered, documented business requirements and business process flow, following the existing template and specifying the objects, assumptions, constraints, scope, features, data file load processes and screen mockups etc.
- Analyzed requirements for Capital Markets - Fixed Income Investment Management Business, Portfolio Management, Hedge funds, corporate actions and Trading Model within the scope of Front and Middle Office.
- For Basel II Large Exposure project, which focuses on measuring the risk capitals for UBS largest counterparties, so to set the capital limits for each. Responsible for GAP analysis and workflow mapping analysis.
- Designed and developed UML Diagrams using Erwin to visualize the requirements for better understanding.
- Wrote SQL queries, triggers for accessing database to understand different fields and character specification.
- Responsible for Data Extraction, Data Compilation, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation and Data Validation using complex SQL queries in a MS SQL Server 2000 environment. Used Query Analyzer to optimize SQL Queries.
- Designed mapping document to create links between UI fields and table columns.
- Involved in web services using JSON for creating documents based on the business information using REST API.
- Involved in the development of Test Plans, Test schedules, Test Cases based on high-level and detailed designs, OS hardening and System security implementation. Designed and implemented modifications, testing strategies for various brokerages systems (mutual funds, annuities) and ensured all applications were tested using HP quality Center for functionality through unit testing, integration testing, regression testing and user acceptance testing,
Business Analyst/SQL Developer
- Involved in gathering & synthesizing User Interface & Business Process Requirements & translated them into functional & non-functional requirements of the Business Requirement Document (BRD), which used as input to the functional design specifications.
- Planned & defined system requirements to Use Cases, Use Case Scenarios & Use Case Narratives using the UML methodologies. Created Use Case/Activity /Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Conducted JAD sessions with the management, vendors, users & the Information Technology team members for open & pending issues to develop specifications.
- Worked with the technical team to discuss the business requirements, workflow, data availability & environment details & plan phases in development.
- Created SQL statements & CRUD operations to validate the data tables. Developed test scripts in PL/SQL to check the data integrity from the databases. Used different Join statements to Join multiple tables in the database.
- Worked on the SQL tuning & optimization of the Business Objects reports.
- Created new Views & Aggregate tables for report performance.
- Created Hierarchies as per the business rule for the reports to be viewed at various Drill-down & Drill-up reports.
- Worked along with the testing team to derive test cases, test plans for efficient Data reporting.
- Conducted the Unit testing, prepared the testing document, creating the error log document & facilitated UAT.
Environment: Waterfall, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Access, Business Objects 6.5 Designer, IBM DB2, PL/SQL, LINUX 7.
- Involved in ER diagrams and mapping the data into database objects, design of the Database and the Tables.
- Setup the database with suitable memory and hard disk space allocation, creating different user and security profiles for the team.
- Strong reporting experience using Excel, Access.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to Administer SQL Server.
- Used Aggregation Design Wizard to decide best possible aggregation for a given amount of disk space in MS Analysis services 2000.
- Experience in DTS for data flow from one source files like Excel, Tables, and Views to other databases or files with proper mapping.
- Implemented a successful security plan by creating statement permissions, linked servers and encryption of connections by creating certificates.
- Created dashboards on data blending from different database and tables to meet the business requirements.
- Worked in extracting transforming and loading (ETL) data across multiple databases using SSIS packages.
- Generated database SQL scripts and deployed databases including installation and configuration.
- Experience in creating Indexes for faster performance and views for controlling user access to data.
- Performed unit testing, provided bug fixes and deployment support.