- Business Analyst with over 7+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle: gathering requirements, analysis and implementation of projects.
- Experienced in Business Process Mapping, Business Analysis, and Quality Assurance, excellent analytical skills to understand the business processes and functionality, requirements and to translate them to system requirement specifications (SRS), developing functional specifications for business process refinement and automation, data modeling, creating scope documents, and conducting feasibility studies.
- Experienced in gathering business requirements, evaluating data sources, data flow modeling, object modeling, business process modeling, case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis & testing various methodologies.
- In depth knowledge in waterfall methodology, agile scrum methodology and RUP methodology Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, design and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers and to limit a project’s exposure to forces of change.
- Expertise of UML in visualizing and documenting the artifacts using Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Experienced in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Experience in Migration Projects, performing GAP Analysis, creating Software Specific Documents, and assisting the database and security team in back - up and securing the company’s digital artifacts.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts, excellent communicational, organizational and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- In Depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
- Applied the "As Is" and "To Be" process designs to identify any potential process gaps and improvements.
- Experience in Project tools such as MS Project, MS Visio, JIRA, BALSAMIQ and MS Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts. Experienced in working with SQL queries for back end testing.
- Scheduled meeting with developers, SMEs and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion.
- Expert in Tracking and Managing Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track bi-directional traceability across projects.
- A balanced blend of Business, IT and Project management skill with strong in-depth and breadth of experience with multiple industry, technologies, frameworks and processes.
- Tech-savvy with outstanding relationship building, training and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, can perform well both independently and with a team, always willing to work in challenging and cross-platform environments.
Project Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, ERWIN, Logical Data Model.
Requirement Management Tools: Enterprise Architect, Rational RequisitePro
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
Languages: SQL, HTML
Quality Assurance: Software Application Testing Life Cycle
Microsoft Office Suite: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Configuration management Tools: Visual Source Safe (VSS), Subversion
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, UNIX
Confidential, San Antonio, TX.
- Developed cost estimating process for quoting new business that was adapted by entire division.
- Executed credit and financial analysis of the firm’s and forecasted firm’s performance with use of different cause and effect methods.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting review of the financial performance against the forecast with the budget holders.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed Use Case.
- Identify, research, Realize, investigate, analyze, define and document business processes and Use Case Scenarios.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD using UML.
- Extensively used MS Visio for developing wire frames, process flow charts and to create Business Use case Diagrams.
- Organized JAD sessions to flush out requirements, performed Use Case and work flow analysis, outlined business rules, and developed domain object models.
- Performed Gap Analysis by doing an in-depth study of the current process, planned implementation actions and change control process and also interacting with business heads to finalize the BRD document for the application by doing the requirement analysis.
- Determined, forecasted, and calculated excess and obsolete material, WIP, and finished goods. Calculated and reported scrap and rework.
- Developed High Level Business Flows using MS Visio.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verified performance, reliability and fault.
- Coordinate with product owners to facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT), production rollouts, defects tracking, and management.
- Responsible for defining and designing commercial lending loan approval process which resulted in data collection and analysis compliance.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features and functions assess scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Preparation of test data required for build and executing test cases in SIT and UAT environments before and after releases.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML.
- Assisted with user testing of systems (UAT), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Wrote SQL scripts in TOAD for Oracle and Teradata SQL Assistant for Teradata.
- Conducted data analysis in order to map data from source system to the target system and validated whether the data is correctly written in the target tables by using SQL queries.
- Meticulously assessed data from various sources and generated conceptual and logical database designs.
- Created a logical data model for the business to understand the relationships and at the deeper level of granularity.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Performed predictive analysis for staffing requirements using MS EXCEL.
- Worked with development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
Environment: Gap Analysis, logical data model, Agile methodology, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project, UAT, SIT, Agile, Ms Visio, TOAD, SWOT analysis, ETL, SQL, Windows.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA.
- Interacted with client groups to determine user requirements, Business rules and goals. Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures and create a Business requirement Document (BRD).
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level use cases, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology.
- Followed Agile Iterative development approach and was involved with all iterations of the development life cycle and risk management.
- Prepared Business Process Models and business rules that included modeling of all activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Managed and validate reporting to senior management and the capital market team analyzing performance of channels and region on a daily basis.
- Create and maintain SQL based reporting on loan delivery data to Capital market and secondary marketing team to validate pricing.
- Understood and articulated business requirements and rules from user interviews and then converted requirements into technical specifications.
- Analyzed the strategies of Risk management, Mortgage, Fixed Income and Derivatives in the investment division and conducted Portfolio Performance measurement: return, calculation and attribution.
- Used Rational Clear Case as Version Control System for any changes to documents related to project like Use Case documents, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams etc.
- Created and participated in JAD sessions to analyze and prioritize competing business needs.
- Involved in reporting the schedule and the plan of the project using Business Intelligence.
- Managed business requirements in Rational Requisite Pro while making them available to all team members.
- Examined, analyzed and modeled test plans, test scripts, test procedures and use case scenarios based on RUP methodology.
- Wrote clear, concise detailed system requirements specification (SRS) documents and user documentation in accordance to guidelines and standards of a level where developers can interpret, design and develop the application with minimum guidance.
- Responsible for data analysis , project plan, gap analysis, mapping, all business analysis functions/artifacts, documentation and implementation .
- Performed data profiling and analysis applied various data cleansing rules designed data standards and architecture/designed the relational models.
- Created conceptual and physical diagrams for data modeling.
- Worked with DBA's to create a best-fit physical data model from the logical data model.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Created advanced pivoted reports in MS Excel.
- Responsible for extensive level of project documentation.
Environment: Agile, UML, Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Data Analysis, Data profiling, logical data model, LEAN methodology, Clear Quest, SQL, Windows XP,TOAD, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook), PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL and Windows.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Interacted with Fixed Income business heads to finalize the Business Requirements for the application.
- Wrote SQL statements to extract data from the Tables.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frame with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- .Assisted with project team in the whole project lifecycle phases including scope analyzing, requirements gatherings, developments.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling and Business Process flow diagrams.
- Conducted interviews with various business users to collect requirement and business process information using MS Visio.
- Created and maintained a project schedule using MS Project showing all target dates for deliverables.
- Conducted GAP analysis to analyze and identify the gap between the current process and the future process and identified steps to close that gap.
- Involved in Managing Data modeling project from Logical design and implementation of Sybase Database.
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using Rational and Visio .
- Managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Prepared detailed design documents to translate business process effectively for developers and product managers using MS Visio .
- Using Shared Containers and creating reusable components for local and shared use in the ETL process.
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
Environment: Windows, Oracle, SQL, Gap Analysis, MS Visio, HTML, PHP, MS Access, UML, Quality Center, WebLogic, Requisite pro, Rational ClearQuest.
- Elicited customer requirements by organizing interviews with internal/external stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) coordinating with other Business Analysts in the team.
- Responsible for coordinating JAD sessions with business users to analyze the present shared resource, analyze the needs of the new application, application lifecycle, gather and define the key performance indicators, document and present the requirements specifications.
- Acted as a communicative bridge between the upper management and the technical team and also assisted Project Manager in scheduling tasks.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to the end state requirements.
- Coordinated JAD sessions to understand the user requirements and also their system's implementation.
- Demonstrated experience defining impacts of conversions, business rules, and configuration decisions on downstream systems and interfaces.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document and used Rational RequisitePro to manage, analyze, and convert business requirements into functional specifications.
- Developed use cases from requirements and created UML diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams.
- Designed Data Flow Diagrams (DFD’s), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD’s), and web page mock ups using Rational Rose and MS.
- Worked with Rational Clear Case and Rational Clear Quest to automate and enforce the development processes and aid with configuration management.
- Used RUP methodology and coordinated with other members to implement the process and create the following various RUP artifacts scope statement: high-level requirements, detail requirements (use cases), functional specification.
- Wrote SQL queries to validate data after testing the changes.
- Involved in maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across deliverables.
- Documented User Requirements with MS Word as the editing tool and Rational Rose to develop the Use Cases.
Environment: Agile, Gap Analysis, JAD, RUP, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, SQL, Quality Center and Windows.