- 5+years of Industry experience as a Business Analyst with a solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Mapping Evaluating Data Sources, Data Mapping, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design.
- Diverse experience in Banking, Healthcare domains.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
- Expertise in Project Management, i.e., Project Scoping, Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Organizing, Directing, Controlling, Budgeting and Drafting Remedy Procedures.
- Experienced in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Competent in creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Navigational Flows, Story Boards, UI Specifications and Sequence Diagrams.
- Extensive experience in conducting Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Data Analysis, Data Mapping, Data Profiling Gap Analysis, Risk Identification, Risk Assessment, Risks Analysis and Risk Management.
- Facilitated Change Management across the entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments.
- Knowledge in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of data into a data ware house/date mart and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Business Objects Modules (Reporter, Supervisor, Designer, and Web Intelligence).
- Excellence in a broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, MicroStrategy Data Warehouse Data Modeling and Design.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
Reporting and Data Visualization:: Power BI, MicroStrategy, SAS Visual Analytics, SSRS.
Database: Oracle DB, MySQL, Microsoft Access, SQL Server.
Tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced MS - Excel: Power Pivot, V-Lookup).
Project Management& Delivery: Project Libre, MS Project, S-Visio, Waterfall, RUP and Agile Methodology.
Programming Proficiency: SQL, XML, HTML.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathering and documenting the requirements that are critical to the business mission and using those requirements to design application software using Use Cases.
- Analyzed and documented Business requirements (BRD) and detail Functional and Non-functional requirements of the business.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams, Activity diagrams and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio so that developers and other stakeholders can understand the business process.
- Interacted with the Users by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Reviewed wireframes with the users, collected feedback and revised design.
- Experience with relational database technology, SQL, MS SQL Server 2008.
- Worked with the Tester for testing the system and for documenting Test Plan and Test Scripts and participated in testing with customers during User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Possess strong knowledge of Quality Assurance and worked very closely with the QA team on the development of Test plan, Test cases, Test scenarios and final preparation of test reports using HP ALM tool.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the designers, developers and stakeholders.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Analyzed Process Documents and Business Requirement Documents to get a better understanding of the system on both technical and business perspectives.
- Created user stories, facilitated planning meetings, sprint retrospective, backlog grooming, sprint reviews meetings. Maintained the product backlog.
- Conducted meeting with Stakeholders to provide accurate reporting information regarding the ongoing projects and initiatives via Daily Stand-ups, Status Reports, Burn-Down Charts and Weekly Tech meetings.
- Performed Stakeholder Analysis to identify & document all stakeholders.
- Consulted business users to understand the complex business needs and analyzed the changing business needs affecting the scope of System Release.
- Analyzed and evaluated all the information gathered from multiple sources, decomposed high-level information into details, abstracted up from low-level information to a more general understanding.
- Analyzed business model and workflows. Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to gather Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Non-Functional Requirements, Report Specifications, Data Requirements, Data Mappings and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Conducted high-level walkthrough sessions (PowerPoint presentations, Process Flows and Use Cases) with all Stakeholders to get a sign off on requirements documents.
- Interacted with the QA team and involved in End to End testing of the interfaces with various scenarios to make sure that the Interface Integration is complete and accurate for different kind of data and protocols (tab/pipe delimited, positional, XML data via SOAP, SFTP, HTTP protocols).
- Acted as a liaison between the technical and business teams which was instrumental in clarifying queries of Technical team, conducting status meetings and communicating the minutes.
- Assisted in the creation of Implementation Plan and Dashboard across modules identifying the steps for developing the system describing tasks, primary responsibilities, deliverable dates for various milestones.
- Conducted a daily status meeting with development team, deployment team and business during UAT to resolve outstanding issues and assign priority and severity to defects.
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases and conducted Functional/Non-Functional Testing as needed, defined and traced software defects in JIRA.
- Involved in writing Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts for end-to-end testing.
- Reviewed test results and reported bugs/issues using Mercury Test Director.
- Assisted in UAT and end user training.
- Involved in various other enhancement initiatives to include new functionalities and redesign.
- Assisted in development of training materials and procedure documents for the new reporting tool.
- Assisted the database development team in data modeling, data structure and data table layouts required for consolidation of incongruent databases.
Confidential, Fort Wayne, IN
- Acted as a primary liaison between Business & the development team throughout all phases of SDLC.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business users to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line including the business plan, products, processes and revenue streams.
- Conducted AS-IS Analysis and SWOT Analysis to identify potential needs of the business.
- Participated in iteration kick-off meetings scheduled by the Scrum Master to document Product Backlog Items (PBI) into JIRA.
- Facilitated prioritizing and scoping out the Product Backlog Items (PBI) with the input from business subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Participated in Story Mapping and Story Boarding sessions to help prioritize and categorize User Stories.
- Extensively worked on the HP Quality Center tool in order to manage product quality at all phases of the SDLC including unit testing, UAT, business process testing and defect tracking.
- Helped maintain User Stories and Story Boards with 3-week iterations.
- Incorporated UAT throughout the life cycle in order to deliver a defect free working software during each phase in an Agile environment and developed strategies with QA team to implement Test Cases in Test Manager.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features and functions to assess the scope and impact of business needs.
- Conducted user interviews and JAD sessions to gather and analyze requirements.
- Conducted GAP Analysis to document requirements for existing system enhancements.
- Developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Conditions and Test Cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and product knowledge.
- Acted as a liaison for projects with other corporate departments including Executive, Legal and Information Services as well as vendor partners.
- Worked with the business users to define business requirements and analyze the possible technical solutions.
- Conducted Workflow, Process Diagrams, and Gap Analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Designed dashboard for decision making based on past sales trend and market research analysis.
- Analyzed the Business and System Requirements of the application as well as Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Worked with front-end and back-end systems.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for various web based and database related applications.
- Compiled the Vision Document and composed detailed Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specification Documents.
- Used UML to perform Use Case analysis to capture the dynamic aspect of the application.
- Interacted with stakeholders and gathered requirements as per the business needs using Waterfall methodology.
- Worked extensively in Medicaid eligibility and Medicaid Management Information Systems.
- Involved with Quality Assurance team to focus on Web based enterprise applications.
- Worked on cloud-based technologies including SAAS/PAAS/IAAS.
- Involved in data verification testing and QA testing and ensured helping the testing leads understand the business requirements if and when needed.
- Worked closely to relate all lab reports with Medicaid Management Information Systems in compliance with HIPAA 5010 regulations.
- Conducted GAP Analysis by understanding the AS-IS system and the TO-BE system requirements by having discussions with the SME's.
- Interacted with the development and testing teams to improve overall quality of the software.
- Developed Use Case, Functional, and Object Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Analyzed user problems including automated and manual business processes and identified, researched, investigated, defined and documented business processes.
- Assisted the PM in performing Risk Assessment, Management, and Mitigation.
- Worked extensively with Mercury Quality Center.
- Worked extensively with the QA Team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
- Verified the Business Scenarios on new builds to allow extended testing by the QA team.