- Over 8+ years of diverse experience working with various domains which includes Banking, Financial and Insurance
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Competent in analyzing the current business process and creating future state business process flows using industry standard BPM notations
- Strong subject matter understanding in Risk assessment, Derivatives, Fixed Income Assets, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, Portfolio Analysis and Investment Banking.
- Exceptional working experience in GAP analysis and understanding of the AS - IS and TO-BE business processes
- Expertise in conducting Stakeholder Analysis to define process stakeholders, and their roles & responsibilities towards the project.
- Adept with different software development methods like Water Fall, Rapid Application Development (RAD), Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile (SCRUM) Method
- Proficient in analyzing and creating Narrative Use Cases, User Stories, Story Boards, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Data/Flow/Navigational flow diagrams using UML Tools like MS Visio
- Excellent skills in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) for eliciting functional requirements that support the High Level business requirements
- Knowledge in Data Modeling and Process Modeling using a structured approach using MS Visio, Enterprise Architect.
- Experience developing web-based applications screen mockups, wireframes, UI.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), including USE Cases, Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), High Level Design Document (HLD), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- Knowledge of Quality and Risk management concepts like risk management, mitigation and contingency planning.
- Extensive experience in gathering business and application requirements, business processes, identifying risks, impact analysis, UML modeling, sequence and activity diagrams using Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio.
- Expert in writing detail system use cases, developing business test cases, and working with QA teams during testing phase thereby facilitating acceptance testing with stakeholders and business users
- Working knowledge of Change management and Release management
- Outstanding written and verbal skills with explicit attention to detail during requirements elicitation.
- Involved in of end users, documented Manuals for the new product release
- Excellent Interpersonal, and Analytical skills, with ability to handle challenges under pressure with ease.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Testing Applications: Rational Test Manager, HP/Mercury QTP, HPQC
Suites: Microsoft SharePoint, MS Project, MS-Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop)
Requirement and Document Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear-Quest, DOORS
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Enterprise Architect, Visual Paradigm, Microsoft Visio
Databases: Oracle, DB2, UDB, SQL SERVER, MS ACCESS, Oracle Siebel
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, JAD UML, RUP, BPMN
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Business Analyst
- Extensively involved in the deployment of Data Warehousing System.
- Worked with the ETL development team in brainstorming sessions for understanding and developing the data transformation logics.
- Conducted interviews with key Business Users for better understanding of the requirement and business process information.
- Facilitated and managed JAD sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Developed business process models in Agile (Scrum) to document existing and future business processes.
- Developed Business Requirement Specification Documents as well as high-level project plan in collaboration with the other BA team members.
- Used Power Designer comprehensively during the entire project to facilitate conceptual, physical, and logical data model but not limited to Use Case, Activity Diagrams, Requirement Traceability Matrix and instant report generation.
- Played a key role in the planning, analyzing, testing and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Functioned as a primary liaison between the business line, operations and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Analyzed the operational procedures/methods and recommended changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Post Production validations (PPV).
Confidential, Agoura Hills, CA
Sr.Business Systems Analyst
- Analyzed Loan files XML Schema. If necessary, created elements and attributes with consultation from Line of Business (LOB), for passing loan file information from one service to another.
- Conducted walkthrough for Line of Business, Development team, and Quality Assurance team.
- Facilitated system maintenance and enhancement through design documents, process flow diagrams, use case diagrams etc.
- Execute day to day migration activities for Risk and Credit systems with success
- Analyzed system impacts as a result of proposed changes. It entailed interaction with other systems users and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Used Macros in Excel to create and update data.
- Liaison with the business (Credit risk users and Finance controllers), the reporting team and the technology team for various reporting requirements for Data Quality
- Requirements were gathered through interactions and meetings and periodic walkthroughs with loan analysts, credit analysts and other potential users of the application.
- Wrote complex sequential SQL queries and to generate statistics, and developed Excel pivot tables to report the results.
- Designed screen layouts for proposed solutions, user interactions. Also, created screen mock-ups.
- Daily maintenance of credit risk application/credit batch; monitoring overage reports and breaches of counterparty credit limits, track bug fixes, Coordinate resources across various applications, operations or projects
- Tracked the project flow and acquired sign-offs from Business, System Development and Quality Analysis team.
- Implemented new policy changes, legal requirements by creating Business Requirement, Detailed Technical Requirement, User Requirement documents etc.
- Wrote and tested Excel macros that significantly reduced the amount of time needed to reconcile accounts from Credit systems to the General Ledger on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Provided solution for database requirements by designing controls, data fields and data formats. Worked in legacy system migration from Lotus Notes to Oracle.
- Used different in house software to track data flow, system interactions, system defects, service requests and responses.
- Created master specification for web services- their functionality, interaction with other web services, processing logic, input & output schema, and process flow with Logical Data Element.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Business Systems Analyst
- Generated a streamline process to understand the various steps in the loan lifecycle and desired functionality of the new system by interacting with users, mortgage consultants, brokers, stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Gathered requirements and conducted interviews with business users and Project Manager to understand the needs of the new application to be developed for Mortgage banking.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined opportunities for business process improvement, documented business processes and initiated efforts to make improvements
- Contributed to the definition of scope, performed extensive requirement analysis and defined functional specifications
- Communicated with Line of Business and created Business Requirements Document (BRD), High Level Design Documents (HLD), and part of Low Level Design Documents (LLD)
- Conducted and participated in JRP/JAD sessions with stakeholders and system users to collect the software requirement specifications (SRS) analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead
- Responsible for defining and designing commercial lending loan approval process which resulted in data collection and analysis compliance
- Identified and documented risks and their impacts and provided recommendations to mitigate the risk.
- Worked in Agile environment playing an active role in Iteration planning, Sprint Review, Lesson Learned and resolving roadblocks
- Developed process diagrams to elaborate on the flow of information between Web forms, Credit check system, Loan Origination System and Client application database
- Helped conduct business risk analysis to identify the qualifying standards for mortgage applicants and ensure effective risk mitigation strategies
- Communicated risks to Legal and Compliance department
- Reviewed and logged help desk tickets and determined avenues for improvements and enhancements
- Helped develop Estimates of the proposed enhancements to system understanding and helped determine ROI
- Coordinated multiple projects modules assigned to multiple teams in an Agile environment constantly tracking and configuring different versions, variants and managing changes to the software
- Used Clear Case to keep different versions of the documents and Clear Quest to report bugs or defect
- Assisted in designing test plans, test scenarios and test cases for integration, regression and user acceptance testing(UAT) to improve overall quality of the Application.
Confidential, Saint Louis, MO
Business Systems Analyst
- A series of meetings / JAD sessions were conducted to gather requirements from business system users for reporting purposes.
- Developed SQL queries using SQL Navigator to extract data from the target tables to prove the data mapping.
- Facilitated four extensively used Star Schema methodology in building the design of the logical data model into the Dimensional data modeling.
- Identified the grain, key dimensions and facts for the star and snowflake design and developed logical/physical data modeling.
- Involved in design and development of standard and ad-hoc reporting using SQL.
- Involved in data management for Credit Risk, Liquidity risk and Market Risk data warehouse and create business rules for risk management systems
- Identify and document, business functions, activities and processes, data attribute and table meta-data, and general and detail design specifications.
- Created walkthroughs and validations on logical model and created physical data model using forward engineering.
- Created documentation and test cases, worked with users for new module enhancements and testing.
- Focused on development of integrated data environment with minimal Data Redundancy.
- Design, plan and program data conversion procedures from old to new databases.
- Worked with Business Analyst to create hierarchies and design reports using OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition).
- Coordinated bug fixing activities related to issues raised during end - User Acceptance Testing (UAT).