- With Over 7+ years of experience in Business/Systems analysis, business requirements modeling and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications in diverse business domains of Banking Sectors.
- Proficient in gathering and converting User Requirements into Business Requirements and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and use Modeling tools like Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio for requirements modeling.
- Have experienced as Business Analysis, with cross functional experience in Real Estate and Financial services industry with Investment Banking, Asset Management, Portfolio management, Trades Lifecycle and Brokerage service
- Knowledge in broad range of financial practices and principles ranging from financial analysis, corporate valuation, equity/capital market research, financial modeling, forecasting, and budgeting to trend analysis, investment banking, asset allocation, portfolio management, risk analysis and derivatives.
- Good understanding of different business processes used by credit card companies including but not limited to developing offer population, soliciting customer, defining and building product, accepting and processing payment, servicing customer.
- Good understanding of Software Development Methods such as the Waterfall Iterative models and AGILE methodology.
- Extensive experience in Investment Banking, Mortgage, finance Industry and has specialized in the areas of Securities Trading (stock trading, fixed income trading, equities and derivatives trading), wealth management, cash management, Money & Capital Market Instrument, Treasury and risk management.
- Solid understanding of Rational Unified Process (RUP) using Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Object Modeling Technique (OMT), Extreme Programming (XP), and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Extensive experience in Investment Banking, Retail/Commercial Banking, Financial Services, Portfolio Management, and Cash Management.
- Experience in eliciting, documenting and reviewing Functional Requirements, System Requirement Specifications (SRS), and Non - Functional Requirements (NFR/SLR).
- Knowledge in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of data into a data ware house/date mart and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Business Objects Modules (Reporter, Supervisor, Designer, and Web Intelligence
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mockups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis.
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, MicroStrategy Data Warehouse Data Modeling and Design.
- Participation in the Credit Risk Analysis like Estimation of PD, LGD and EAD.
- Expertise in using SAS output delivery system (ODS) functionality for reporting.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing BRD, Use Case Specifications, SRS, FR, NFR,& BR.
- Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Strong Subject Matter expertise in Credit Card Industry, Retail/ Commercial/Investment Banking, Risk Analysis, Asset Management- risks and returns. Good understanding of the Capital Markets, Fixed Income and Derivatives.
- Results-oriented Joint Application Development (JAD) Facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT). SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server 7.0, My SQL
Automation tools: WinRunner, LoadRunner, and Rational Suite.
Defect Tracking tools: Rational Clear Quest, Test Director and Mercury Quality Center
Modeling tools: UML, Rational Rose,oops, MS Visio, Rational RequisitePro
BI Tools: Crystal Reports, Business Objects.
Programming: C, SQL, Java, Oracle, VB, TSL, SQABasic.
Operating Systems: UNIX, SWFIT, Windows NT/95/98/2000 & XP
MS Office Tools Ms: Excel, Power Point, Word, MS-Access
Database Tools: DB Visualizer, TOAD.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) in RUP framework.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
- Supervise and manage projects throughout SDLC to ensure that project management methodology based on RUP is followed during the project lifecycle using MS Project and NIKU Clarity.
- Experience Tester in Agile Development Env. Using TDD and ATDD approach.
- Involved in Agile and Waterfall Software Development methodologies.
- Managed timely completion of multiple projects in parallel- worked in close conjunction with the Project Management Office (PMO) to define scope of the project and its deliverables
- Conducted highly interactive JAD sessions with projects stakeholders such as users, QA analysts, and project management team, identifying and resolving issues
- Analyzed and studied Credit Card process and regulations to be complied for card services in detail.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing Working Capital and forecasting solutions to address specific business projects, day-to-day cash management requirements and information inflows and outflows for the analysis of cash and Working Capital management.
- Worked on integrating the credit card processing system with the new strategic exposure calculation engine to generate credit risk metrics
- Responsible for the valuation and development of credit card products.
- Analyzed and collected business requirements, identified system interfaces and created the requirements specification document.
- Conducted joint requirements planning (JRP) sessions as a facilitator to gather requirements from the business area and to discuss different critical success factors of the project like Operational Feasibility Analysis, Technical Feasibility Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis & etc.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data
- Created the Mortgage Induction Manual that is now a walking encyclopedia for any new comer in the project including the IT members of the clients.
- Design high level process flow to achieve CEOs vision high level process flow for the entire mortgage project
- Applied Unified Modeling Language (UML) methodologies to design Communication Diagram, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagram and ER diagrams.
- Extensively interacted with both user group and development team.
- Developed Test cases and Test Scripts for both Manual and Automation using Quality centre
- Incorporated Data Acquisition, Data Privacy, Data Analysis, Data Mapping and Data Compliance rules in the auditing criteria.
- Managed and tracked change control process of requirements and design changes. Documented the changes, issues and their impact on the system design and delivery.
- Provided documentation such as requirements management plans, functional requirements, test plans and test cases.
- Created mock up diagrams using MS VISIO and provided the screenshots replicating the changes to the User Interface (UI) as per the requirements.
- Performed Gap analysis for the modules in production, conducted feasibility study and performed impact analysis for enhancements, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Agile, Lotus Database, DB2, Microsoft Visio, RUP, UML, Business Objects, TestDirector, LoadRunner.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
- Extensively involved in every phase of the RUP process starting from Inception to Transition
- Interviewed Business Users to gather Requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Incorporated Automated Clearing House ( Confidential ) functionality for the Private Label Credit Cards for Cash Advance abilities.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD’s) after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype, Use Cases, UML diagrams for overall system.
- Analyzed Check Free and Credit Card functionalities in the project.
- Involved in integration of various Customer Data Sources and provided Data Mapping from various sources into the target centralized customer data source with help of Erwin team.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions
- Involved in the creating the User Interface Specification Document and User Manual as per project specification with the help of development team
- Involved in mentoring specific projects in application of the new SDLC based on the Agile Unified Process, especially from the project management, requirements and architecture perspectives.
- Effective with the creation of artifacts and management of various roles specified by Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile Methodology, RAD, Workflow Processes and Waterfall cycle method.
- Performed mortgage data analysis with Excel data query and Pivot Tables, and presented findings and interpretations to capital market director.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT groups. Identified the Key Changes, and participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them
- Involved in the analysis of the existing credit card processing system, mapping phase according to functionality and data conversion procedure.
- Developed and Documented timelines for Project Delivery, and managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Evaluate customer Income statement, Balance Sheet, perform financial analysis including cash flow statements, evaluate attainability of cost and profit objectives via alternate strategies.
- Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Based Diagrams, and Collateral Diagrams and creation of technical design (UI screen) using Microsoft Visio.
- Develop test plans in conjunction with team leads and business personnel and perform unit, integration, regression testing.
- Responsible for Business Process identification, Test scenarios, Test Plan and Test scripts preparation.
- Worked on Documentum for Version Controlling, to maintain up to date changes in the Documents.
- Assisted to develop the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing, gathered and documented User Manuals and Business Rules.
- Gathered requirements from business users and by going through COBOL programs, legacy use cases, and program specs.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Documentum, Agile, COBOL, RUP, SDLC, UML, TestDirector, LoadRunner.
Confidential, NY, NY
- Addressed all aspects of credit card business.
- Incorporated Automated Clearing House ( Confidential ) functionality for the Private Label Credit Cards for Cash Advance abilities.
- Establish documentation for Agile methodology for implementation with a very water-fall-centric development team.
- Assured that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate AGILE Policies and guidelines.
- Gathered requirements and modelled the data warehouse and the underlying transactional database
- Performed Cost benefit, ROI and ROM studies
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOAD using UML and Business Process Modeling.
- Streamlined clerical work processes and mapped then into the new system.
- Developed project plans and managed project scope.
- Strong subject matter expertise in Fixed Income, Derivatives, Equities, Bond Pricing, Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), Annuity.
- Mortgage and Finance: Extensive experience in all aspects of consumer and real estate loan origination, underwriting and collections. and some experience in commercial lending, including financial statement and cash flow analysis.
- Performed extensive Requirement analysis and developed use cases and workflows.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD
- Played a key role in the planning, User Accepted Testing, and Implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Provided key input in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line; including the business plan, products, and process and revenue streams.
- Wrote Test Cases in MS Excel for user registration, access to material, and activity log-in, reviewed the test cases and finalized
- Involved in creation and execution of manual test cases in Mercury Test Director and automated Test Cases in QTP and analyzed the Test Results.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with Stakeholders and Project directors.
- Develop and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access. Produce performance reports and implement changes for improved reporting.
- Developed and supported the extraction, transformation and load process (ETL) for a Data Warehouse from their OLTP systems using Ab Initio and provide technical support and hands-on mentoring in the use of Ab Initio.
- Conducted benchmarking activities to identify best practices.
Environment: Mainframes, COBOL, JCL, Db2, Oracle, Rose, ETL, Teradata, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, LoadRunner, WinRunner
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
- Worked as a Business analyst for developing a Microsoft .NET-based loan origination application that handles all the complex tasks of loan origination, including credit request, credit underwriting, loan approval, facility booking, and credit administration processes through the entire development process.
- Using Shared Containers and creating reusable components for local and shared use in the ETL process.
- Formulated functional specifications based on business requirements, inclusive of a logical data dictionary, future-state use case documentation, wire-frames, and data conversion/mapping specifications
- Automated Shell scripts to pull and load data from operational resources into the Data Staging Area and Data Warehouse for business intelligence reporting
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions from business areas including Mortgage Origination, Loan Processing.
- Using Shared Containers and creating reusable components for local and shared use in the ETL process
- Reconciling General Ledger accounts. Assisted with audit defense, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance, research tax issues as they arise.
- Extensively used the UML methodology to create various use case diagrams for the system.
- Authored Use cases, Business Requirement Documentation, and System Requirement Change Request.
- Met with report users and stakeholders to understand the problem domain, gathered customer requirements through surveys, interviews (group and one-on-one) along with JAD sessions.
- Analyzed, Evaluated and assessed gaps in the current processes.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to expedite the processes of data mapping
- Negotiated with vendors in the required areas in terms of tasks performed
- Gathered requirements from business users and tracked them using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Conduct extensive analysis on security trading cycles; provide consulting on financial disclosure, regulatory and compliance issues
- Responsibilities included source system analysis, data transformation, loading, validation for data marts, operational data store and data warehouse.
- Identified and clearly defined functional issues and supported IT development staff throughout the design, development and testing efforts.
- Worked with technical teams to research and advice on alternative technical solutions to address critical/major business issues and opportunities
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs and business analysts from other feeder systems for a detailed analysis and a better understanding of impact of various projects on each other.
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, IBM Rational, Clear case, Agile, Clear Quest, Data warehouse, UML, Oracle, XML, MS Project, SQL Server 2000, Rational Suite, MS Office