- 20 Years . . . Hands - on management and leadership success in profit building in operations, systems enhancement and implementation, P&L, budgets up to $4 million, and corporate asset management and development. Successful track record includes startup, restructure, acquisition, reorganization, turnaround, change management, licensing/intellectual property, risk management, database management, OEM agreements, cost containment, capital budgeting, cash management, strategic planning, contract negotiations, finance, pricing, forecasting, e-commerce, Internet, sales, marketing, key accounts, due diligence, public relations, customer service, product design/development, prototype, packaging, multi-sites, re-engineering, lean manufacturing, R&D, production, scheduling, purchasing, inventory, IT, JIT, human resources, policies/procedures, recruiting, and training.
- Intrinsically motivated; as key executive and spokesperson, fostered organization growth and expansion through fully integrated ERP system, utilizing 4GL technology, to achieve 500% growth from $30 million to $250 million with no increase in staff.
- Powerful advocate and consistently pioneering new industry systems and reengineered systems to support various business models, additional product lines and business units for multiple organizations, some which have netted increases in productivity of over 120%.
- Experienced in aligning IT infrastructures, personnel, and systems, both ERP and CRM, with the business needs at a national and international level,
- Surveyed and evaluated successful mergers and acquisitions ranging from $5 million to over 20 million, including the integrating I.T. organizations and infrastructures where appropriate.
- Reengineered and turned around stagnant projects within 2 to 6 months to achieve profitability and increased revenues from $2 million to $15 million.
- Implemented E-Business strategies including Web Stores, Customer Product Configurators, and EDI, to streamline the Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, along with the manufacturing processes.
- Managed both local and international, teams ranging of vary sizes, from 3 to over 50 direct reports, and over 150 via matrix reporting.
- Proven ability to provide key executives with vital financial information on a timely basis, and meeting government regulation requirements ahead of schedule, including Sarbanes-Oxley.
Confidential, Dahlongego, GAProject Manager/Lead Business Analyst
- Developed and implemented IT infrastructure overhaul the included physical and logical server consolidation, high availability networking include firewall and new wireless infrastructure, 7/24 monitoring and support, and cloud Disaster Recovery. Increased system availability and reliability by 30 percent.
- Developed and implemented new telecommunication plan and agreements to eliminate quality of service issues with all telecommunications for both voice and data. Eliminate dropped and unable to connect calls, while increasing total quality of service by 100 percent.
- Took over failing implementation of Cognos and have completed implementation for Sales and Marketing and presently Production and Supply Chain on hold pending evaluation of Cost Benefit and Function/Feature Analysis.
- Completed move from IBM Smart Cloud to Office 365 to improve quality of Email Service and expand general office capabilities.
- Created implementation plans to fully implement/utilized existing ERP applications to meet short-term business objectives, and have started developing plan to meeting long-term business goals.
- Developed and implemented new MRP including Forecasting to meeting the specific needs of the company.
- Implemented Cloud based backup and Disaster Recovery Plan for both the Win/Tel and I-Series environment.
- Updated the production Manufacturing and Distribution systems to increase throughput and uptime.
- Implemented new Workflow processes including Machine Scheduling and process flow optimization for Embroidery Department, increased effective utilization and efficiency by 50 percent.
- Presently working of PCI DSS implementation, Completed all of the Policies, and presently working on hardware and software audits associated with Sections 1 through 5.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Environment: .Net, SQL Server, AIX, Linux, XP, Windows 7, Server, 2003/2008, VMware, Cisco, MPLS, SOA,XML, DFT, EDIMYSQL
- Review business and technology plans for start-up organization to service the elderly pre-assisted living market.
- Performed business need analysis, software selection, system architecture, vendor selection, and implementation of MS-Dynamics - GP 2013 ERP/Business systems to support business plan and planned market expansion into other markets in Texas followed by Florida.
- Managed SAAS implementation/configuration, including vendor selection and negotiation.
- Architected, designed, developed using outsourced developers, a tracking/quality/CRM system to insure all coordinated services were performed at a satisfactory level and the case manager is following up with the clients.
- Upon sale of organizations, coordinating transfer of customer, vendor, and contract data to new company.
Confidential, ROANOKE VA
IT Director/ Corp. IT Manager
Environment: .Net, SQL Server, AIX, Linux, XP, Windows 7, Server, 2003/2008, VMware, SAN, Arrays, WMS, Cisco, MPLSSOA, XML, EDI, MYSQL, SQL Server, Universe, ETL, Exchange, Share Point, Web Services, COBIT/ITIL, COTS, MiTel, People Soft/Kronos, Lean/ISO
- Developed corporate telecom/network/wireless strategy, and implemented a plan which includes VOIP, VOIP over wide area networks, and support for move to cloud.
- Managed the upgrade from an old character based ERP package to a new Web based package, basically new ERP implementation.
- Developed and implemented a migration plan for Cloud based computing, including vendor negotiation and selection.
- Performed business process analysis for CRM functions, and then Implemented a re-launch of CRM along with an upgrade from 3.0 to 2013.
- Analyzed engineering processes and oversaw the development of major upgrades to engineering applications which reduced the engineering time by 65% and eliminated engineering and BOM errors by 80%.
- Took control of project once onboard, performed quick analysis of processes, performed GAP analysis of needs vs. developed requirements and restructured project and successfully finished new quoting system. Project was over 18 months behind planned implementation.
- Completed second release of quoting system with enhanced management controls, and complete product line implementation within budget and timeframe.
- Assumed management for HRIS/Payroll project, and implemented new systems in three and half weeks, including requirements and vendor selection utilizing a hybrid solution from Dominion and ADP in a SAAS environment..
- Completed bringing in a new custom product configurator and automated design system that was over 24 months behind schedule.
- After analyzing business processes and procedures, implemented new systems streamlining the business office and implemented warehouse automation.
- Implemented standard SDLC processes including development standards based on Waterfall/Agile/ITIL hybrid methodology, and developed ISO procedures, and performed PCI/DSS & SOX compliance audits.
- Implemented Project Management Functions.
- Manage an international organization with staff in US, Mexico, and India.
Confidential, ALProject Manager/Lead Business Analyst
Environment: .Net, SQL Server, AIX, Linux, XP, Windows 7, Server, 2003/2008, VMware, Oracle, WMS, Cisco, MPLS, SOA, XML, DFT, EDI, MYSQL, COBIT/ITIL, MiTel, People Soft/Kronos
- Expanded e-commerce capabilities by adding new product lines to product configurator that is executed by big box stores to custom configure a product.
- Evaluated the business processes to streamline the order to cash cycle for these transactions, by creating an EDI implementation strategy.
Environment: I-Series, RPG, CL, DB2, SQL Server, Windows 7, XP, 2000, 2007 Server,2003 Server, SQL-Server, ETL, Share Point, System 2000 ERP, WMS, Cisco, EDI, PCI DSS, MiTel, LEAN/ISO
- Reviewed created a Mill Scheduling Methodology that optimized the through-put through the casting process. Also developed scheduling components to create the schedule through the rest of the mill operation. Through scheduling optimization yielded a 20% increase in capacity.
- Oversaw the release of new web stores for specific customers and operations.
- Implemented new release of extensively modified version of VAI’s System 2000 ERP system.
- Developed a long-term system evolution plan to fully utilized System 2000’s capabilities.
- Executed a number of audits, including the annual PCI/DSS audit and implemented corrective actions to meet compliance.
- Working closely with HR Manager, implement new Time and Attendance Policies to address the company’s attendance issues.
- As part of the Lean Team, worked to implement process improvements not only within the IT group but through the organization as a whole. Within It implemented project management/SDLC a Waterfall methodology.
Confidential, JACKSONVILLE, FL
Divisional CIO/Director of IT
Environment: Progress, SQL Server, Oracle, HP-UX, Linux, NT, 2000, XP, 2000, 2000 Server, 2003 Server. SQL Server, Progress-4GL, Oracle, WMS, Cisco, MPLS, SOA, XML, DFT, ETL, EDI, MYSQL, COTS, Share Point, Web Services, Symix/Syteline/Mapics/Infor, COBIT/ITIL, PeopleSoft/Kronos, Demand Flow/Lean
- Successfully developed and implemented an IT upgrade plan to modernize off support machines, operating systems, and data base management systems. Reduced help desk calls from over 100 per day to an average of five per day, resulting is a cost savings of $70,000 per year.
- Developed the IT plan that oversaw the consolidation of 5 Jacksonville locations into a single new facility, brought-up new computer room, shop floor automation, and new Nortel phone switch.
- Developed and implemented new business model to support OEM/Dealer/Distributor business model, including new manufacturing and warehouse/distribution models in a six week period.
- Streamlined current inventory and warehouse management processes to reduce scanning/bar coding errors, updated wireless scanning equipment, to provide better inventory controls, increase both manufacturing and warehouse visibility and reduce warrantee costs.
- Implemented SalesForce.com to support and the sales force in supporting the multi-family and national builder accounts.
- Leveraged off existing wireless infrastructure to create new cross-docking module to streamline the cross-docking/routing, provide complete inventory visibility and transactions.
- Implemented Web-based product e-commence catalog/customer product configurator for national big box retail customer. The project was completed for 25% of the budget and in a four-month time frame. Next best division to complete a simulate project, took 18 months and a budget of 15 times.
- Developed systems to implement four new product lines. Also development and implemented new business model to support OEM/Dealer/Distribution business model
- Developed applications for the integration of the Hurricane Shutters operations into the Confidential business systems.
- Implemented new production scheduling to better balance production and transportation capacities for both the Installed and Distribution lines of business.
- Worked in coordination with the Corporate PMO, acted as IT project manager Confidential in corporate migrations to Oracle Financials from an Infor ERP package for the Window’s line of business, and from MS Dynamics AX for the Shutter’s line business. Along with implementing PMO function at Confidential .
- Implemented Change Control for all applications along with SOX audits over production systems and data, and oversaw PCI/DSS audits and reviews.
Confidential, ELON, NC
Environment: Informix, Progress, SQL Server, Image, Access, Oracle, AIX, HP-UX, Linux, MPE, OS/400, Windows 3, 98, NT, 2000, XP, NT Server, 2000 Server, 2003, Server, C, C++, Visual C++, .net, Informix-4GL, Progress-4GL
- Continued to support Confidential in transition of IT functions to corporate offices in Grand Rapids Michigan.
- Designed and implemented at wide area network for regional real estate organization.
- Consulted on implementation of Timber Line’s Project Management Software for major building component’s turn-key organization.
Confidential, BURLINGTON, NC
Director of Information Technology/Group CIO
Environment: Informix, Progress, SQL Server, Image, Access, Oracle, AIX, HP-UX, Linux, MPE, OS/400, Windows 3, 98, NT, 2000, XP, NT Server, 2000 Server, 2003, Server, C, C++, Visual C++, .net, COBOL, FORTRAN, RPG, Basic, SPL, Informix-4GL, Progress-4GL, Kronos
- Successfully developed all information technology systems supporting multiple companies; implemented industry first ERP system to increase productivity over 290% and achieve cost savings over 38% on $170 million revenue. Modules include AP, AR, GL, HR, Labor, Payroll, Purchasing, Master Scheduling/MRP, Standard Costing, and Inventory for both Manufacturing and Distribution.
- Setup and managed centralized help desk supporting over 25 facilities covering networking, applications, telecom, and hardware.
- Strategically reengineered numerous systems including order processing, sales support, work control, truss layout and truss engineering systems, financial, administrative and human resource systems.
- Implemented new production scheduling which utilized both transportation costs and plant capacity to create the master schedule. Then from the master schedule, an optimal routing function was determined based on truck capacity.
- Implemented systems for depot warehousing for specific customers, and maintained inventory on consignment until inventory/sales transactions were generated.
- Implemented Sales Force Automation/CRM, which included quoting, product design, streamlining the order process, contact management, sales vs. quota, and market penetration analysis and commission.
- Created document management/imaging systems for engineering/build of material information, creating annual cost savings of over $250,000/year.
- Designed, implemented, and supported complete LAN/WLAN infrastructure including security.
- Reduced labor and communication cost $400,000 annually.
- Identified emerging technology and structured relationships; guided software development, intellectual property rights, and commercialization.
- Negotiated numerous annual procurement, maintenance, service, phone, and wireless contracts up to $2.5 million; contract savings ranged from $150,000 to $500,000 annually.
- Setup new manufacturing, production, and testing for numerous plants.
- Implemented SDLC and Change Control methodologies for all applications and data along with insuring SOX compliance.
- Seamlessly integrated acquired facilities from various ERP applications, MFG-PRO, JDE, Great Plains, etc to Confidential ’s proprietary IBES (Integrated Business and Engineering System).
- Defined and implemented manufacturing adjustments to increase production capacity over 19%; systemized 99%+ equipment availability.
Confidential, STAMFORD, CT
Vice President / Application Development and Maintenance
Environment: Ingress, Sybase, Sun-OS, Solaris, Windows 3, 98, C, COBOL, FORTRAN, SPL
- Conceptualized and implemented marketing plans and sales proposals from concept through fulfillment.
- Motivated technical sales force to initiate distribution of new products; Directed programmer/analyst staff in Canada, England, Italy, Japan and the United States; developed proprietary software and applications for Prudential Insurance, Morgan Stanley, General Motors, CALPERS, and Shell.
- Implemented standard SDLC processes including development standards based on James Martin’s SDLC.
- Penetrated global market; directed new software rollouts to increase revenue 200%; reduced operating cost over 35%; designed, optimized, and maintained databases.
- Implemented and managed helpdesk function in London, and Stamford for application support for internal and external customers.
- Standardized company and vendor guidelines.