- Over 10 years of work experience as a Senior BA/BSA in very diverse Sectors working in functional and technical roles.
- Well - skilled in describing and communicating business processes by using flowcharts, data flow diagrams, use case diagrams, workflow diagrams, and Entity-Relationship diagrams.
- Experienced in GAP analysis, Data Modeling/Analysis, Cost/Benefit Analysis, Active Directory, Azure RMS, SSL Certificates, Case Management Software, Data integration and years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Very experienced in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements through interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits, and scenarios.
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver FRD, and BRD.
- Good understanding of all the steps in the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels with exceptional skills in forming and facilitating teams.
- Excellent professional skills by working independently and as a team member to prepare and create test plans, test scripts and test cases for manual and automated testing.
- Gap Analysis
- UML Diagrams
- UAT Test Plan
- Use Cases
- Business Process Modeling
- MS Visio
- Requisite Pro
- Rational Rose
- MS Office Suite
- SSL Certificate
- Quest Test pro 9.2
- Load Runner
- Win Runner
- HP Quality Center
- DB Visualizer.
- Proficient with SQL and PL/SQL for data management
- Data migration and integration.
Lead Business Analyst
- Worked on creating a cloud-based support services application (iBond) which sits on the Salesforce platform to serve as a CRM App for the launch of a new medication for Multiple Sclerosis. Confidential used this application to provide a solution that puts patients care and needs directly in one system with contributions from their Primary Care, Pharmacy, Nurses, Reimbursement team, and Care givers.
- Created user stories based on the gathered information from diverse business groups during elicitation. Worked closely with the project manager in identifying project scope and developed detailed project plan.
- Worked with the business users to prioritize and maintain Product Backlog Items (PBI) and groomed user stories and detailed out the Acceptance criteria.
- Worked with customers and key stakeholders on requirements gathering and determination related to user interfaces, future enhancements, technical requirements/architecture including documents of acceptance criteria for acceptance for development purposes.
- Created presentations for discussing product concepts or proposed features with internal and external stakeholders including customers, developers, and other product business analysts.
- Partnered with Product Managers to participate in release and sprint planning process and sessions.
- Drove development progress through consistent collaboration and engagement with developers during daily stand-up meetings, sprint review, sprint retrospective.
- Involved in data migration, analyzing data and querying databases using complex SQL and its variations among commonly used platforms such as MS SQL and MySQL
- As the lead Business analyst, I worked on transitioning Confidential ’s wildcard SSL certificates to the standard signed SSL certificates. This included assisting App Owners with determining domain names; Subject alternate names; creating certificate signing request; issuance of SSL certificate; and assisting to install the newly issued certificates. Certificate requirements lifecycle was documented in HP ALM as well as the defects generated.
- Assisted the development team during design, build and test phase of the system to crystallize the business requirements when needed
- Managed the Usage of Jira and Confluence to document requirements in the form of Epics, User stories, acceptance criteria, task and subtask. The Confluence tool was also used to document and track defects.
- Was responsible for eliciting, verifying, analyzing, and documenting requirements for building the cloud-based App (iBond)
- Involved in solution design, database modeling, and working hand in hand with technical architects and developers. Reviewed both internal and external file load reports and performed appropriate actions required. This included working with external vendors to resolve issues
- Managed portfolio of projects end to end, ensuring all BA deliverables are met and Provided regular updates to leadership about projects and improvement efforts
Confidential, Boston, MA
Lead Business Analyst
- Worked on a Merger and Acquisition project involving migrating IT Applications into IT environment. This involved migrating on-premise applications as well as cloud-based applications.
- Lead the migration of 500 Applications into the Company’s Active Directory environment using Agile principles and specifically the Scrum framework. Some of these apps include: Salesforce, SAP, SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365, etc.
- Led the elicitation sessions/workshops with hundreds of App Owners which included requirement analyses and requirement documentation.
- Assisted the Application Owners with Active Directory activities such as creating: Service accounts, Security Groups, Administrative accounts, and Organizational Units.
- Supervised the migration of cloud applications that needed Azure Cloud Storage, Azure Active directory connection, Multi Factor Authentication, Virtual Network, Azure monitoring, Azure identity and security, and Azure Monitoring.
- Lead the requirement gathering sessions with the App Owners. These sessions helped us understand the needs and wants of their Applications and analyzed their App compatibility with the Active Directory and Azure AD environment of the acquiring Company. This project used HP ALM as the Project Management Tool for documenting requirements, test cases and defects.
- Analyzed and verified requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformity to standards.
- Determined operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; reporting process improvement metrics and evaluating requirements and formats.
- This App migration project used Agile methodology. Requirements were documented in the form of Epics, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and task. Documented User Stories, acceptance criteria, and test cases in HP ALM.
- Used complex SQL queries to extract data from multiple tables during ETL and data migration.
- Defined and tracked release schedules and worked with teams to develop level-of-effort estimates for sprint planning, reporting team metrics and quality of work.
- Served as a liaison between internal business partners, App Owners and other 3rd parties including Vendor delivery partners to transform App. business requirements into system features, functional specifications and user stories
- Partnered with the business areas in the creation of process workflow documentation and user manuals.
- Executed client communication including various written communications, one-on-one client conversations, large group presentations, and assisted with orientation and training to end users for modified and new App systems.
- Documented test cases, test scripts and test strategy. partnered with business stakeholders to conduct user acceptance testing
- Supervised the quality assurance team throughout the testing process and addressed any pressing issues that arouse throughout the testing phases.
- Assisted with the analysis of bug fixes/ issues, and led small groups of IT and business employees for troubleshooting, problem resolution and brainstorming initiatives though analysis of available solutions
Confidential, Weston MA
Senior Business System Analyst
- Worked on a project involving the implementation of a state-of-the-art web-based Portal solution for the state of Washington with the most advanced labor exchange and case management technology available in the United States. Implemented a system that is flexible, configurable, open, single sign-on functionality and able to adjust to evolving labor market conditions.
- As the lead BSA, was involved in all the elicitation of requirements from the state of Washington executives and documentation of these requirements. This involved requirements for the frontend Web-based system, backend Case management system, and integration of both systems.
- Was involved in the migration of data from two legacy databases and consolidating into one new database. This involved developing these data migration documents: Data dictionary, data mapping, Taxonomy reference, data migration sequence, system cutover plan, and production cutover plan documents. SQL joins were used to combine columns from one or more tables during data migration and data integration.
- Was involved in translation to create the Spanish and Russian sites. This involved running scripts to extract message IDs for the page to be translated from the database; the message IDs was sent to the vendor (LionBridge) for professional translation; the translated message was then loaded and updated in Production database.
- Worked closed with UX designers on User Experience design and UI designers on User Interface design.
- Made application design recommendations by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications; collaborating with team members.
- Worked closely with software and data development team members to determine and implement system solutions. Worked with business partners to determine business needs.
- Worked closely with the Scrum Master and Product Owners creating the Product backlog, sprint backlog, burndown charts, prioritizing the backlog and grooming the backlog.
- Responsible for system testing (integration and functional) the solution before release to production, including submission of appropriately documented test cases.
- Content expertise in the planning and execution of software testing, including hands-on testing and process improvement experience. Experience with applying multiple test methodologies.
- Collaborated with Product Managers and Stakeholders to ensure alignment across the Product Portfolio. Worked with the development team to ensure User stories were in a ready state for the start of each sprint
- Acted as a buffer between external distractions and the team, helping the team to maintain their focus. Coached the team to embrace agile practices and principles and other agile frameworks.
Confidential, Dover, NH
Senior Business System Analyst
- Worked in their Reporting Department creating BI Reports for their Customers all over the US. Developed reports on Claims, Loans, Unemployment insurance, Property & Casualty, Maternity leave, life insurance, annuity.
- As a Senior BSA, l was responsible for meeting with these Customers (Companies) and interviewing them about their BI request. Information from these meetings led to the construction of a BRD and FRD to reflect the type of Claim and/or Leave reports they desired.
- HP ALM was the tool used to document BRD and FRD for each Report requested. The HP ALM tool was also used to document the Business Criteria, test Plan, Test Cases and Test Lab to represent all the testing processes
- Worked closely with the Developers during the Design and Coding processes making sure that their work reflected what the Customer requested.
- DB Visualizer was the Database management tool used to connect to Microsoft SQL Server. This tool was used to access all the tables within the Reporting Data warehouse. SQL queries was used to access specific data from the database, as well as for testing the coding done by the developers.
- BIRST (Business Intelligence Reporting and Scheduling Tool) was the tool used to test, schedule and run the reports and used various distribution paths to send the report to the customers. BIRST creates a user data tier that plugs into existing data warehouse making it possible to run current reports that reflect current data in the Data warehouse.
- Sent sample reports to the Customers and worked with them to make sure the reports were a direct reflection of what they wanted. Worked with them to address any issues with the report prior to launching the official report.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Business System Analyst / QA Analyst
- Worked on a Scrum framework project to build a web-based portal to track all corporate travel spend such that PowerPivot and Power view can be used to do analysis and reports on travel patens.
- Led staff of Analyst in documenting project initiation and scope documents, business analysis and requirement documents. Also used SQL to extract specific data from the database for data validation.
- Conducted an extensive User needs assessment as a benchmark for creating User stories and acceptance criteria. Flow diagrams was used to effectively represent the company’s business processes and User requirements. Used Business Process modelling to represent the company’s as a means of identifying potential improvements.
- Trained the project team on JIRA as a tool for project management, issue tracking, and bug tracking throughout the running of the project.
- Was the Led Business system Analyst coordinating all the levels of functional and non-functional testing as well as UAT using HP Quality Center
- Was used as an agile coach to help transition the team from a Waterfall approach of project management into the Agile approach.
- Responsible for documenting Requirement traceability Matrix (RTM). This document was used to make sure that all requirements identified for the system were tested in the test protocols.
- Was involved in all the phases of QA testing throughout the project: integration, regression, smoke, end-to-end, UAT, and backend testing.
- Was involved in Preparing and executing Test cases and documenting in HP-AML according to the requirements documents, and Stories/sub task.
- Was involved in testing resolved User Stories and regression testing after every deployment. This involved writing bugs/defects from testing and assigning to the developers and designers.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Worked to design and build an integrated customer data warehouse (ICDW) aimed at decreasing cost and time and provide a trusted source for customer data.
- Interacted with users and stakeholders to identify business system needs, evaluated solutions for business problems.
- Analyzed and documented information systems requirements and the corresponding impact on business processes
- Studied the Business Requirement Document (BRD), supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definition and description of the relationship between the actors.
- Designed and developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagram to define the Business Process modelling.
- Analyzed the data entity relationship and worked on multiple short-term projects in between. SQL query operation was used to describe desired data, and to retrieve data from one or many tables in the database.
- Worked as a team with other business analyst and Project managers to make an object-oriented model of the ICDW application.
- Conducted sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate with each other to resolve problems at early stages.
- Worked on the functional requirements documents (FRD) and also specified specific non-functional requirements.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Worked on their high throughput and next generation sequencing platform setup.
- Conducted several end user meetings and workshops to facilitate team discussion to find out the requirements of the Sequencing department.
- Conducted research on the current sequencing process and came up with projections of what next generation sequencing and high throughput sequencing will save the company cost wise, and turnaround time.
- Used the requirements to build business requirement documents (BRD) and functional requirement documents (FRD). Use case scenarios were used to give a clearer understanding of these documents.
- Worked hand in hand with the IT team during design and coding of the new DNA Sequencing platform.
- Worked with the testing team in identifying potential system problems and deficiencies; and coming up with modifications that address the requirements. Also took part in UAT by the sequencing department. The testing processing and Management was done using HP Quality Center.
Confidential, San Diego CA
- Worked on a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to deepen relationship with customers and drive up sales.
- Provided expertise in conducting research, evaluations and studies, and presented recommendations and solutions related to improving CRM.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into High Level and Low-Level use cases and developed Activity diagrams and sequence diagrams according to UML methodology.
- Derived FRS based on URS (user requirement specification), and understood and articulated business requirements from user interviews and then converted requirements into technical specifications.
- Reviewed Test plans, Test cases, Test case execution using specification documents
- Documented RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) for traceability of user requirements.
- Performed Testing to ensure that the compiled software components of the CRM adhere to the project standards, performance criteria and functional specification.
- Provided risk and cost analysis support and assistance for process control and compliance issues.