- Business Analyst with around Seven years of industry experience in Business/Systems analysis, data modelling, process flow and quality assurance skills.
- Strong working experience in the Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Data Warehousing using Data Conversions, Data Extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL).
- Extensive experience in testing and implanting Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from multiple sources into Data warehouse using Informatica.
- Good command over Logical and Physical entity relationship data modeling using Erwin, Oracle Designer and Power Designer.
- Extensive experience in Strategic development of a Data Warehouse and in Performing Data Analysis and Data Mapping from an Operational Data Store to an Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Strong knowledge of all phases in Software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in development methodologies like SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM and Waterfall
- Extensive experience working in back end tester by writing SQL Queries and PL/SQL scripts on large data warehouse systems involving Terabytes worth of data.
- Extensive experience in Data Analysis and ETL Techniques for loading high volumes of data and smooth structural flow of the data.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement specifications (SRS), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents
- Very good understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts with emphasis on ETL and Life Cycle Development including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Extensively worked on Dimensional modeling, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes.
- Experience in Data Transformation, Data Loading, Modeling and Performance Tuning.
- Strong in database design, domain modelling and ER diagrams design.
- Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Highly motivated and a self starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge about CMMI Level 3 processes.
- Strong analytical and problem - solving skills, capable of addressing relevant facts and recommending solutions.
- Used Team Site Content Management Tool to deploy and manage the content managed files.
Operating Systems: Window, Unix
Application Software: MS Office suite, Rational Suite, MS Project
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, DB2, Mainframe
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Methodologies: OOAD, UML & Business/Data Modeling, ER modeling
Requirements Management Tools: Requisite Pro, MS Visio
Testing Tools: Test Director, Quality Center, Quick Test Pro
Process Modelling: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Virtual User Generator
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, SQL, ASP.NET, UML, Visual Basic, C, C++
Documents & Processes: SRS, Use Cases, UML diagrams, FRS, UAT, Test plans & cases, Business Process Modelling, Project Planning & tracking
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Analyzed client’s systems and business processes.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements by using Rational Rose, Visio and Requisite pro - Established a Business Analysis methodology around the Rational Unified Process.
- Researched the various steps in the lifecycle and then constructed the system in a way that the high-risk customers would be easily identified and monitored.
- Streamlined clerical work processes and mapped then into the new system.
- Developed project plans and managed project scope.
- Assigned tasks among development team, monitored and tracked progress of project following Agile methodology
- Track and manage all Change Requests, using Rational ClearQuest.
- Maintained and tracked stakeholders’ requests for enhancements and changes using Unified Change Management tool (UCM) such as Rational ClearQuest
- Developed detailed ERDs and DFDs using various modeling tools and developed databases based on the system model following the techniques in SDLC (software development life cycle).
- Designing and customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources
- Expertise in development of High-level design, Conceptual design, Logical and Physical design for Database, Data warehousing and many Distributed IT systems
- Coordinating and Developing QA activities.
- Assisted in creating a High-level Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Conducted presentations of the QA test results with analysis to the stakeholders and users and documented modifications and requirements.
- Conducted UAT ; facilitated discussion between business team and QA team on determine the test requirements and pass/fail criteria; documented and reported user feedbacks to management team .
- Worked extensively with MS Excel and MS access
- Responsible for acting as a liaison with operational and financial management, systems support and sales to identify business opportunities. Developed a file of ACORD Forms used as the standards in all Property and Casualty markets, for both Personal and Commercial Lines of Business.
- Collected & documented the requirement of Business Teams from Annuities at Prudential & ASPF, Policy & Program Evaluation Team, and Project Sponsors & Actuaries.
- Assisted in building a Business Analysis Process Model using Rational Rose and Visio.
- Performed extensive Requirement analysis and developed use cases and workflows.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD
- Played a key role in the planning, User Accepted Testing, and Implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement by using SDLC methodology
- Participated in integrating Prudentials purchase of Allstates Variable Annuity business.This effort entailed interviewing technical and senior management staff
- Implement and maintain Property & Casualty (e.g. bug-fix, data integration, version release) systems of assigned customers.
- Involved in creating reports for the end users using Crystal reports from the gathered requirements.
- Provided key input in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line; including the business plan, products, and process and revenue streams.
- Managed the development and implementation of the Independent Agent payroll system, Property & Casualty Specialist compensation system, Telesales compensation system, contingent and bonus compensation system and several compensation contract agreements with the MetLife agency sales force
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with Stakeholders and Project directors.
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Assist the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations.
- Conducted benchmarking activities to identify best practices.
- Proficient at creating and transforming business requirements into software requirement specification (SRS) using Rational RequisitePro and designing business models using UML diagrams such as use case model, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams in Rational Rose and MS Visio.
Environment: Mainframes, COBOL, JCL, Db2, Oracle, Rose, Crystal Report, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, SDLC, UML, UAT.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Reviewed and analyzed the business environment and identified process improvements.
- Interacted with Business Users to conduct thorough Requirements Analysis.
- Used DataStage Manager for importing metadata from repository, new job categories and creating new data elements.
- Work closely with production underwriters to review commercial property insurance renewal and new business opportunities to ensure proper risk identification, analysis and assessment and the development and growth of a profitable portfolio of business.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries and analyzed the server performance on UNIX.
- Coordinated activities with project manager and various other teams using MS Project.
- Assisted in on-going process improvement efforts to ensure Test Planning, Execution, and Reporting is effective, efficient, standardized, coordinated, and integrated.
- Assist other project teams with data analysis, data mining and data profiling as needed.
- Assisted the Senior Business Analyst in writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Developed the ETL Informatica Mappings for importing data from ODS into subsequent data marts.
- Involved in Managing Data modelling project from Logical design and implementation of Sybase Database
- Acted as User Acceptance Testing coordinator and monitored business testing and interfaced with the development team regarding defect status and fixes on a daily basis.
- Involved in generation and execution of SQL queries.
Confidential - Covington, KY
- Extensively involved in every phase of the process starting from Inception to Transition
- Interviewed Business Users to gather Requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD’s) after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Interacted with users for verifying User Requirements, managing Change Control Process, updating existing Documentation
- Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse.
- Created relationships in Requirement Traceability Matrix linking Business Requirements to Functional requirements and Functional Requirements to Systems Requirements.
- Involved in requirement gathering and database design and implementation of star-schema, dimensional data warehouse using Erwin.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT groups. Identified the Key Changes, and participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them
- Developed and Documented timelines for Project Delivery, and managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report / Data Validation.
- Extensively worked on the ETL mappings, analysis and documentation of OLAP reports requirements.
- Performed after Action/Post Milestone Reviews and quality reviews to ensure that developed software products met the business needs and are in compliance with CMMi 3.
- Lead multiple project teams of technical professionals through all phases of the SDLC using technologies including Oracle, Erwin, Data Stage, Data Warehousing, Websphere and Cognos.
- Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases, Business process diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Based Diagrams, and Collateral Diagrams and creation of technical design (UI screen) using Microsoft Visio.
- Worked on Documentum for Version Controlling, to maintain up to date changes in the Documents.
- Analysed the business and functional requirements of the application and developed detailed test plans, test cases in Test Director.
- Used Informatica to extract and transform data from various DB2 database to the data warehouse.
- Assisted to develop the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing, gathered and documented User Manuals and Business Rules
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Documentum, Windows NT/XP, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Sybase, EVPN,VBScript, Dreamweaver, SharePoint, Unix, Adobe Photoshop, Caliber RM MIS-IP, C#. NET, ASP.NET, Business Objects, TestDirector, LoadRunner.
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Prepared various documents such as Business Requirement Documents (BRD), General System design (GSD) and Impact documents.
- Designed and developed numerous documentations based on Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) model & Six Sigma standard. Also applied CMMI standards to help set process-improvement objectives and priorities, improve processes, and provide guidance for ensuring stable, capable, mature processes and to serve as a guide for improvement of organizational processes
- Modeled Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Facilitated meeting discussions between business users, business analysts and technical analysts.
- Gather requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with end users and SME and document them using Requisite Pro - the documentation tool offered by Rational
- Involved in HIPAA EDI transactions such as 835, 837 (P, D, I) 276, 277, 278.
- Defined Functional Test Cases, documented, Executed test script in Facets system
- Experience in development methodologies like SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM and Waterfall
- Developed and maintained programs in SAS for UNIX in a user support environment
- Documented organizational policies and procedures in the context of system requirements.
- Involved in preparing NPI Crosswalk scenarios and cross references.
- Use of data transformation tools such as DTS, SSIS, Informatica or Data Stage
- Excellent facilitation skills in conducting JAD and JAR sessions
- Responsible for architecting integrated HIPAA, Medicare solutions, Facets
- Analyzed various inbound and outbound interfaces to determine the impact of HIPAA 5010 and NPI implementation.
- Gathered, defined and documented highly complex business requirements.
- Worked on Procedure codes, Provider types, Service types, Specialty codes and Diagnosis codes.
- Worked with technical staff and business users to problem-solve and identify workable solutions.
- Developed workflows that demonstrate current and proposed business requirements.
- Performed requirements modeling and develop analysis diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, state diagrams, data models, and use-case realizations using tools in Agile
- Produced Gap Analysis documents for HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10
- Extracted data from disparate sources by SAS/ACCESS
- Designed High level design, for New process, integrating with legacy and Facets
- Developed the ETL Informatica Mappings for importing data from ODS into subsequent data marts
- Prioritized the individual word load that involves multiple project assignments and deadlines.
- Created and executed test cases, test scripts, data sets and user procedures.
- Established traceability matrix using Rational Requisite Pro to trace completeness of requirements in different SDLC stages
- Ensured testing results correspond to business users’ expectations.
- Assisted JAD sessions to identify the business flows and determine whether any current or proposed systems are impacted by the EDI X12 Transaction, Code set and Identifier aspects of HIPAA
- Gained experience on Quality Center, Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Access and Clarity.
- Analyzing the ETL process created in Informatica, developed SQL queries and tables which replicated the ETL, and compared the SQL results with the Informatica tables
- Worked with HIPAA rules and regulations to draft business rules and claim processes
- Involved in various project management activities such as Time, Cost, and scope and Risk management.
- Extensive Data Warehousing experience using Informatica as ETL tool on various data bases like Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, MS Access
- Provided user support, including training, help and instructions.
Environment: Quality Center, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Windows XP/2000, Informatica, DB2, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Visual Source Safe.