Experienced Business Analyst with 6+ years of experience and strong understanding of diverse business methodologies. Skilled in engaging with stakeholders at all levels to facilitate requirements gathering. Excellent ability to manage projects, align teams and drive collaboration to complete projects in a timely and cost - effective manner. Proficient in improving performance, removing waste and reducing variation using Lean Six Sigma tools. An exceptional communicator, quick learner and creative problem solver with finely tuned analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office (Word
- AGILE Methodology
- Waterfall Methodology
- Lean Six Sigma
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Requisite Pro Requirement Management Tool
Confidential, Rockville MD
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST/PROJECT MANAGER
- Critically gather and evaluate requirements from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Analyze client policies, identify configuration needs and translate requirements into system specification.
- Expertise in AGILE SCRUM practices and collaborating with development teams. Participate in sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint review and scrum retrospective for new and existing implementations. Responsible for grooming product backlog.
- Deliver functional specifications including workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis and data mapping to clients and development staff.
- Develop process improvement strategies by facilitating user feedback sessions to identify problem areas and provide solutions.
- Identify and escalate potential roadblocks/issues and work with appropriate department for resolution.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT), prioritize incidents for resolution and resolve technical issues.
- Manage and analyze client change request, identify impacts to the project and mitigate risks in a timely manner.
- Create and develop best practice documents, training guides and system manuals used company-wide for configuration and implementation.
- Work with the development team to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships with stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining necessary processes; monitoring results and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Lead multiple projects by managing project scope; determining daily priorities; ensuring on-time delivery of tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing client relationships.
Confidential, Washington DC
- Elicited requirements using techniques and methodologies such as interviews, document analysis, use cases, surveys and site visits
- Produced documents following company standards including but not limited to: Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), and User Stories for Agile Scrum.
- Utilized MS Visio to create use cases, flow charts, sequence diagrams and activity diagrams.
- Performed GAP ANALYSIS to gain clear understanding of the AS IS and TO BE state of the train services and processes.
- Acted as a liaison between the stakeholders and the technical team in all phases of the development and implementation process.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with project stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement.
- Collaborated with other members of the team to conduct Feasibility Studies and Impact Analysis for each project.
- Worked with project manager to create and manage project plan.
- Evaluated new developments and recommended appropriate alternatives and enhancements to current systems.
- Assisted Test Leads to ensure test cases meet all requirements and all defects are resolved prior to product release.
- Collaborated with a diverse group of executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts to evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements of new applications.
Confidential, Washington DC
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Conducted JAD sessions with clients and IT team to define requirements, evaluate feasibility and explore potential solutions to business needs.
- Evaluated AS-IS and TO-BE state of the IPS system to determine areas of improvement.
- Prepared documents such as Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD), Requirements Management Plan (RMP) and Software Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure the proper test plans have been completed and can be mapped back to requirements.
- Designed mock-ups using MS Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Snagit for better understanding of system expectations.
- Tracked and documented requirement changes, conducted impact analysis and communicated effect of change to clients.
- Participated in testing the ‘Galaxy’ database system and trained clients on how to use it.
- Served as the conduit between the clients and the software development team.
- Worked with quality assurance personnel to ensure product adequately meets all requirements.
- Assisted the Quality Assurance Analysts in developing test plans, executing test cases and performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Provided reports on project schedule to the managers and supported other team members to ensure project success.