- Sr. Business Analyst/Business System Analyst with six - plus years of diverse experience in working with various clients and projects including healthcare, government solutions, and insurance industries.
- Strong analytical skills to understand business needs, ability to identify business requirements, developing system requirements, functional requirements and use cases, creating test plans and test cases, performing gap analysis and risk analysis, and developing requirement traceability matrix.
- Well versed with various Agile, Scrum and Waterfall model development methodology.
- Solid knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Strong skills in business solutions including business needs, requirements, risks, options, and limitations.
- Expertise in facilitating and coordinating Joint Application Requirement (JAR) and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with excellent inter-personal and conflict resolving skills.
- Experience in writing and maintaining the Requirement Definition Document that included Business Requirements and Functional Requirements, Use Cases and User Story.
- Expert in writing detailed system Use Cases, developing business Test Cases and working with QA teams during the testing phase, thereby facilitating acceptance testing with stakeholders and business users.
- Knowledge in HIPAA, and FDA CFR 21 Part 11.
- Exhibit strong analytical ability during Functional Testing, Regression Testing, and UAT Testing.
- Experience in developing and maintaining and Review Change Requests (CR) and related documents for the CR.
- Broad knowledge of CMMI, GDP, 508 Compliance and Quality Assurance (QA) Standards.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks independently, as well as collaboratively with team members in testing complex projects.
- Strong leadership, excellent technical, communication, and customer service skills.
508 Compliance Tools: JAWS, WAVE
Operating System: Windows and Linux
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum., Waterfall model, and V-development model
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server
CM/Requirement Tools: MS Visio, Quality Center, and SharePoint
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Sr. Business Analyst
- Elicit client requirements using various techniques including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, and a workflow analysis.
- Use JIRA to manage the product backlog and document user stories.
- Worked closely with the developers and testers and conducted sprint planning meetings to review user stories.
- Led meetings with the stakeholders to prioritize requirements for the upcoming release.
- Performed Sprint Review Meetings with Stakeholders to demo application at the end of a biweekly sprint.
- Interpret and analyze customer business needs, translating them into functional requirements
- Work directly with Product managers and Project to understand the current business process and perform Gap Analysis on the existing system.
- Develop detailed functional requirements based off of the business requirements
- Conduct Kickoff meetings with business owners, stakeholders as part of the requirements gathering process.
- Elaborate Software Requirements Specifications and Software Design Specifications for new, enhanced and retired applications.
- Interact with business owners, SMEs, and management team to identify the scope of the project and to prepare a Business Requirement Document, Use Case, User Story, and Activity Diagrams to further develop Technical requirements and/or Functional Specifications.
- Ensure that all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Provide guidance to project managers, business owners, development team and subject matter experts to resolve the outstanding issue and action items are taken in the review meeting.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with business owners, business system owners, development team, testing team, and process control team.
- Involved in Performance testing, Regression testing, System testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitate defect review meetings involving all stakeholders to review defects, identify the severity and set priorities as per client requirements, ensuring accuracy and conform to deadlines.
- Create workflow diagrams to validate the Basic and Alternate flows in the various Business and Technical Use Cases.
Environment: Agile, SharePoint, Visio, JIRA, J2EE, SVN, MS Windows, JAVA, JAWS, WAVE
Confidential, Washington, DC
Business System Analyst II
- Documented meeting minutes from JAD sessions.
- Performed GAP Analysis on an existing system and related documents.
- Identify, assess, and document system requirements recommending system priorities.
- Document product backlogs and user stories guided by acceptance criteria and obtaining documentation signoff.
- Ensured that all documentation has complied with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Worked with the QA and Testing team to help with reviews on Test Plans and Test Cases for functional and integration testing.
- Maintained the requirements traceability matrix to track requirements coverage.
- Documented any issues or defects and eventually got the sign off from the right parties.
- Manually verified the validity of the failed test cases. Performed Positive, Negative and Black Box testing on the application.
- Designed and developed test scenarios and test cases based on business requirements, technical specifications, and use cases.
- Maintained standard documentation to comply with CMMI Standards.
- Assist in weekly status meetings with Development Team, QA Manager, clients and develop meeting minutes.
Environment: MS Visio, JIRA, HP ALM, UML, Quality Center, Oracle, Office, SQL Server, UNIX
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Project Analyst /Requirement Analyst
- Communicate with the business owner and with different levels of management to identify requirements, use cases, and to develop functional specifications.
- Analyze the system from both the technical and business perspectives and prepare Business Requirement Document.
- Develop use cases, use cases diagrams, and activity diagrams, to define system functionalities as per business requirements.
- Involved in developing and maintaining Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Performed Gap analysis on the present system and documented the enhancements to meet the end state requirements of the system.
- Conducted JAD sessions to communicate and manage expectations with the business users and the feature content team.
- Used SQL to conduct data validation, and data analysis.
- Actively liaised throughout the project between end users, development team, and QA team to address system issues and identify the appropriate solution.
Environment: MS Visio, UML, .NET, Quality Center, Oracle, Microsoft Office, SQL Server, UNIX