- 8+ years of BA and IT experience across project life cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and Documentation) with in - depth financial knowledge across Healthcare, Banking (loans), credit cards etc.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC methodologies from traditional Waterfall to RUP to Agile/SCRUM.
- Detail oriented business Analyst with strong understanding of business processes and proficient in creating Business requirements document (BRD), User interface specifications (UI) Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FRD), and Systems Design Specification.
- Excellent professional skills, by working independently and as a team member in designing, developing, and implementing innovative business process and system solutions using new approaches, technology.
- Extensive experience in gathering system requirements, defining business processes, identifying risks and Impact analysis, UML modeling, Sequence and Activity diagram.
- Exposed to all phases of software development life cycle including in-depth knowledge of RUP methodology and processes.
- Conducted UAT user acceptance testing, by creating test cases in Rally for the testing team, and stake holders to deliver the product after every sprint.
- Expertise in analyzing Business and Development Specifications, Use Cases, and Detail Design to develop requirement gathering, analyzing the business process, conducting Feasibility studies, Document generation and conducting sessions.
- Proficient in customizing already existing business practices, workflows, activities and deliverables.
- Experienced with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using the Waterfall, RUP and Agile Methodologies.
- Good Knowledge of Health Care reform - Risk Adjustment initiatives
- Extensive experience in organizing and facilitating joint application development (JAD) sessions, interviews and workshops with user(s), subject matter experts (SME’s), and business stakeholders.
- Proficient in producing Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and Software Requirement Specification (SRS) across the deliverables of a project.
- Excellent skills in Business Analysis, Object Oriented Analysis, Data Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Business Modeling and Use Case Development using UML methodology.
- Use Case development and UML modeling using modeling tools like Rational Rose, MS Visio.
- Conducting sessions with end users/clients to gather business requirements and translating the same to the development teams.
- Providing traceability across the project by analysis and review of existing test cases in Rally and share the traceability by creating documentation and training materials.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with the all Project directors and stakeholders.
- Expertise in managing Kanban boards and inventory in focus factory and good knowledge on continuous improvement activities that drive KPI’s.
Project Methodologies: RUP, SDLC, Agile Methodology
Business Modeling: Rational Rose, MS Visio, MS Project, Rally
Requirement Management Tools: TFS, JIRA v7.0.2, Rally, IBM-TDP,UML, MS Visio, Axure, Snagit, SharePoint
Programming Languages: C++, SQL, PL/SQL, UML, HTML, VB Script
Defect Tracking Tools: Rational Clear Quest and Rally
RDBMS/ Database: MS SQL, MS Access, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/ME/VISTA, LINUX, UNIX
Project Management Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS SharePoint
Confidential, Monroeville, PA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Monitor team’s user story task activities daily and update them in TFSafter the stand up call. Review and accept completed user stories before sprint planning. Track team's velocity and performance metrics.
- Create process flows for the different supplier channels specifically Consumer Direct, Retail channels flowing into POS.
- Documented requirements using the Agile User Story format and created User Stories and Acceptance Criteria in Rally. Responsible for UI mock-ups and documentation attachments for Rally User Stories.
- Created Use Cases and Test Scenarios and test end to end using sql to help QE team review and accept Test Acceptance Plans assuring alignment with accepted User Story updated in Rally.
- Provide presentation to the stakeholders, QA team and SME’s for testing, training, and implementation of functional requirements.
- Facilitate backlog-grooming sessions with Architects, Technical leads, developers and product owners to decompose user stories for the release backlog to create TFS project, product backlog, iterations.
- Conducted Brainstorming sessions to improve the productivity and efficiency in the Business areas (Process improvement).
- Identifying Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCAs), document them and ensure that they are implemented and tracked, eliminating underlying causes.
- Co-ordinated/facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with both business user and vendors while documenting the necessary training material using sql.
- Developed process enhancements through automations including workflow, approval processes, and escalation rules.
- Designed and deployed Custom tabs, Validation rules, and Auto-Response Rules for automating business logic.
- Created workflow rules and defined related tasks, email alerts, and field updates.
- Configured security and organizational hierarchy for claim managers and teams for salesforce Implementation.
- Gathered requirements from the various stakeholders such as product, pricing, Legal, Technology etc.
- Worked with the business teams to document the business requirements, Non-functional requirements such as Performance, Interoperability, security, service level requirements.
- Participated in brain storming sessions, and meetings for gathering requirements
Environment: SPARCS, HBS, PL/SQL, MS Visio, Rally, TFS, MS Office, Web services, SharePoint, MS project, JIRA
Confidential, Boston MA
Senior Business Analyst
- Gathered business requirements under Agile/SCRUM environment
- Document end-end Loan origination (LOS) process to depict the various stages (Lead generation to Closing) of loan lifecycle.
- Experience working with Sales and Marketing teams to understand the current state business processes and to gather requirements required for the Salesforce integrations with other systems.
- Knowledge in supporting cloud apps on Force.com platform.
- Technical knowledge on various integrations points of sales force Web, call center, cloud with other 3rd party systems (Point-of-sale, Product, Pricing, Fees etc.) used in Loan origination process.
- Participated daily scrum calls and been actively involved in every sprint/iteration.
- Performed the GAP analysis on the current Loan Origination system and developed Power BI to understand the pain points/challenges of the current system.
- Create process flows for the different Lead generation channels specifically Consumer Direct, Retail channels flowing into POS before loans are processed.
- Performed data analytics and problem solving, interpreted complex datasets and solved complex problems.
- Designed, developed and managed performance metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards; drove key business decisions to managers.
- Providing technology solution for companywide reporting and payment portal to meet accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Documented the commonalities and variables of the current system (result of GAP analysis) to ensure the existing capabilities are leveraged in to the new system.
- Worked with the Production support tier 1 team for creating and monitoring daily scheduled jobs and also for working with Business until final signoffs on projects.
- Understanding with key changes in disclosures such as GFE vs Loan estimate and HUD vs Closing disclosure.
- Good knowledge on direct/consumer lending and wholesale lending.
- Created Detailed logic and data flow of the system for migrating from mainframe to client server platform
- Documented UI, business requirements, Functional requirements.
Environment: SharePoint, MS Visio, UML, Power BI MS Office, Web services, Confluence, JIRA etc.
- Conducted GAP analysis to illustrate the differences between use of the IVR system and traditional clinical screening
- Conducted one on one interviews with Clinicians to understand the process of approving new subject into a Clinical trial to become a SME on new subject enrollments
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and detailed use cases, Activity and Sequence diagrams.
- Conducted JAD Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests
- Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Facilitate change request meetings and used Requisite Pro to document requirements and associated change requests with requirements.
- Prepared the Test cases based on approved test scenarios by Business team
- Involved in the review of Test cases/scripts with Test Lead/Business team.
- Participated in Business Analysis reviews during various phases
- Followed the UML based methods using Rational Rose and Visio to create Use Cases, Activity
- Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams
- Cleaning Validation and Software Validation.
- Involved in the documentation of extraction, of the data from various tables in the Data warehouse.
- Performed Unit and System testing, before integrating all the separate modules for further testing.
- Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for requirement elicitation and linkup to deliverables.
- Examined, analyzed and modelled Test plans and Use Case Model cases.
- Conducted weekly review meetings with team to ensure deliverables were met and any changes/concerns were dealt with in a time manner, so the overall timeline would not be greatly impacted
- Prepared requirement traceability matrix to ensure all the features for the project were captured and mapped as per the requirement in the BRD
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, clinicians, and development teams
Environment: HP Quality center, MS SQL Server, JIRA, MS Office, etc.