- Strong quantitative/qualitative analysis and problem solving
- Value - driven professional experienced in all phases of the SDLC
- Exceptional team player and leader with excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience in Agile, change management, project management, contracts and process improvement
- Highly skilled in eliciting, documenting & managing business requirements and translating to functional requirements
- Well versed with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) and leading practices
- Strong stakeholder negotiations and demand management skills in fast-paced environments
Tools: Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence), Azure DevOps, MS Office (Visio, Project, Excel, PowerPoint), Office 365 (Office Suite, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Planner, Power BI), Tableau, Balsamiq, Axure RP, Adobe XD, Okta, Citrix, Appian (SaaS & PaaS).
Processes/Languages: Waterfall & Agile/SCRUM, Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, Business Workflow, SQL, HTML, CSS, XML.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Led the development, management and maintenance of an IT investment business case project.
- Responsible for applying business analysis including; scoping, requirements elicitation, business modeling, requirements management and cost benefit analysis.
- Formed clear, concise and accurate business reports/analysis; allowing stakeholders to make informed decisions on the recommended investment solution(s).
- Formulated and defined business processes and systems scope and objectives for the project; by understanding business process analysis and requirements management practices and principles.
- Facilitated meetings with stakeholders to validate the business need for the investment to identify and quantify the high-level functional and non-functional requirements, features and capabilities.
- Conducted process improvement by proposing, completing, and analyzing business models, data models, and hybrid enterprise models.
- Identified best practices, documenting and assessing performance measurements, and identifying business process and technology solutions to streamline processes.
- Elicited and managed business and systems level requirements for project and employ industry standard tools to manage requirements.
- Validated solution(s) that meet business needs for programs, projects, and sub- projects as assigned.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Worked with product owners and business subject matter experts to elicit business requirements and translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Engaged with project stakeholders and Product Owners to create and maintain the Product Backlog.
- Led backlog grooming sessions and sprint planning sessions with technical and business facilitated discussions and reviewed with the teams to obtain sign-off on all requirements from the project sponsor(s) and technical lead(s).
- Authored requirements artifacts including user stories, acceptance criteria, functional analysis documents, software requirements documentation, and user guides.
- Facilitated the UAT process, creating test cases with traceability between the requirements, conducting the testing, and working with the business to receive the approval.
- Created data flow diagrams, wireframes and prototypes based off user stories that meet business rules and user objectives.
- Drafted preliminary design specifications (wire frames, mock-ups, site maps).
- Worked with the appropriate production support team members to troubleshoot issues and/or operational questions.
- Facilitated requirements gathering, Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, capturing client requirements and feedback.
- Performed post production review to ensure successful implementation and work with production support team members to research any issues.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided support through the development, implementation, testing and maintenance of application systems built on Appian’s Business Process Management (BPM) software technology.
- Worked directly with Product Owner (PO) and various stakeholders throughout the entire life-cycle of project to define, design, and implement business process-based solutions.
- Documented functional requirements, technical requirements in User Stories with complete descriptions, acceptance criteria and any wireframes as required.
- Created, planned, and delivered presentations to technical and stakeholder groups, facilitated discussions, presented the requirements back to POs and stakeholders and receive feedback to ensure client needs are being met.
- Provided technical business analyses support to the business in the planning, development, and assessment results with respect to program implementation, quality assurance, and data integrity testing.
- Developed and maintained standard systems requirement documents including business process workflows, traceability matrices, specifications, user stories, mapping between data stores and interface, navigation diagrams, and detailed description of business logic and validation.
- Conducted Scrum sprint daily sessions to gather requirements for new software development.
- Promoted continuous process improvement by drafting, developing, and updating business rules and standard operating procedures (SOPs). Elicited requirements from members of working groups, identifying needs and documenting specifications.
- Managed agile processes/ceremonies including daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Organized and lead JAD sessions on a regular basis with different user groups and stakeholders.
- Analyzed current and desired states for application, updated re-engineering flowcharts, controls, narratives and conduct gap/risk analysis.
- Conducted presentations of design documents, prototypes and wire frames to business users.
- Created business rules and data glossary for application features.
- Prepared and delivered project related presentations to decision-makers, internal and external users.
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Supported the implementation of an end-to-end systems development through to execution, including obtaining the relevant stakeholder approvals, initiating and preparing of change requests, assessing and prioritizing impact and gaining final approval.
- Interacted with client and development teams on a regular basis to obtain requirement and design details.
- Delivered software development lifecycle artifacts; collaborated with business owners on all aspects of needs analysis and system inventory; supported tracking and prioritization of new requirements, enhancements, and defect resolution; and conduct market research and gather pricing information.
- Defined and identified project milestones, phases, and dependencies; provide support in determining project resource/budget requirements; and monitored project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending process changes.
- Maintained system protocols by writing and updating procedures; support system reporting; supported release management process; developed and maintained test documentation and supported project team in following and implementing software development lifecycle best practices.
- Provided s for users, maintained user documentation, provided help desk support, conducted user acceptance testing, and delivered to users; maintained user confidence and protected operations by keeping information confidential; and served as the liaison between content contributors, the designer/technician, and the server administrator to manage the timely, accurate update of all web content.
- Led the development/writing of Epics and user stories and establishing acceptance criteria.
- Led clients/stakeholders JAD sessions to understand and elaborate business requirements and functional specifications for new desired software enhancements.
- Evaluated, recommended, and supported testing efforts and general test strategies.
- Developed, published and implemented test plans.
- Developed thorough and organized documentation for test cases by clearly articulating test objectives, steps, and expected results.
- Designed and executed workflow, test case plans, implementation points, and test data before development is complete.
- Produced meeting minutes and provided other administrative support, as needed.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Collected and examined documents for claims filed by private attorneys and negotiate special claims; developed new workflows and procedures for working with parents in preparing stipulations of settlement.
- Prepared preliminary reports and recommendations pertaining to case management and process improvement.
- Worked with public advocacy groups, parents and private attorneys to arrive at mutually beneficial settlements and ensure timely implementation of settlement agreements.
- Reviewed various data systems and coordinated with other Legal Services staff to ensure data reconciliation and accurate reporting.
- Coordinated with other DOE offices to develop and maintain database and perform data analysis; tracks and reports on work within the office to ensure unit compliance with timelines.
- Identified, analyzed and managed remedy tickets to closure by ensuring appropriate priority and team assignment, proper documentation and by managing communications between necessary stakeholders (development, business users and management).
- Served as a liaison between the division and technology services to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancements, and implementations.
- Supported the requirement analyst in the development of business requirement as a subject matter expertise (SME) on process functions and features.
- Ensured utilized applications are aligned with the division’s mission and goals and is properly positioned within the context of city grants management systems.
Budget Cost/Price Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Performed cost/price analysis on various elements of vendor budget/proposal; reviewing in detail the significant direct and indirect cost elements.
- Analyzed market dynamics, pricing trends, market opportunities and profit margins to develop reports, procedures and tools for evaluating clients’ budget proposals.
- Established a system of documentation, communication and review of internal and external comparative price and cost data as it relates to solicitations, proposals and contracts.
- Evaluated multi-year cost/pricing models that include labor, materials, equipment, travel, general and administrative expenses and profit.
- Developed price and cost templates related to the preparation of contract budgets in invitations for bids and requests for proposals.
- Provided ad hoc pricing analysis methodologies for application to proposals to optimize savings through market and pricing strategies.
- Presented cost/price analytical recommendations to management regarding solicitations, proposals and contracts, which includes researching and organizing baseline price information, analyzing and reporting inconsistencies and identifying opportunities to optimize savings through price negotiation strategies.
- Reviewed specifications to determine the most cost-effective way of obtaining required items.
- Attended meetings with clients, vendors and other stakeholders, representing the Director and/or Chief Administrator and the Division of Contracts and Purchasing.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert on several application development efforts for the Division of Contracts and Purchasing by analyzing and documenting business requirements - with a focus on the budget preparation and budget maintenance systems.
- Worked with implementation partners to research problems and find and implement solution to determine the effort needed to make changes and ensure specifications are met and identify any defects.
- Contributed to regular project reporting and support all activities related to the project’s evaluation including data collection and continuous quality improvement efforts.