- Around 5 years of Business Analysis experience in Information Technology and Insurance Sector.
- Strong experience in project management tools like Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Visiofor status reporting, project updates and project planning.
- Experience in working with SDLC methodologies RUP (Rational Unified Process), Waterfall and Agile Scrum.
- Sound knowledge of sales and marketing requirements of a global CRM system with excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision - making skills
- Organized and participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) and Joint Application Requirement gathering (JAR) Sessions
- Strong experience with SharePoint, .Net, Business Java, PeopleSoft and SAP based applications.
- Experience in developing Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), functional Design Documents, business process flows and flow charts.
- Effective Project Scope Change Management and Configuration Change Management
- Organized weekly Project Status and Task Review meetings
- Well versed in working in a complex environment including onshore- offshore model.
- Maintained constant communication with project team manager to report progress, identify issues, and allocate resources.
- Expertise with UML tools, Swim lane diagrams applied for developing Use Case Diagrams, Activity and Sequence diagrams.
- Excellent skills in writing Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, Systems Design Specification, Workflows and diagramming skills for drawing UML diagrams such as State diagrams and Class diagrams.
- Proficient in developing efficient business relationships with various client teams in order to process and support requirements, develop tactical and strategic plans to implement technology solutions, and effectively manage client expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, technically competent and goal-oriented with problem solving skills and ability to work independently and use sound judgment
- Functional knowledge of various modules of insurance like channel management, policy servicing, claims management, underwriting, reinsurance and finance.
- Thorough understanding of insurance laws, regulations and company policies.
- Experienced in insurance claims systems implementation.
- Experience working with Reporting Packages, such as; Oracle Reports, Jasper Reports, Cognos, Business Objects
- Extensive exposure to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases including Initiation, Planning and Design, Execution and Construction, monitoring and control and closing.
- Expert in metrics development to measure performance
- Well versed in creating project plan and task tracking, and resource utilization
- Expert in analyzing existing operations and implementing effective systems, strategies and processes to improve organizational performance.
- Well experienced in client-relation management
- Excellent presentation skills and well experienced to present results to senior management
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing, fast-paced work environment
- Experienced in IT project budget analysis, outsourcing strategies and contract management with skills in writing proposals.
- Expertise to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks in meeting business objectives.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills and Leadership Qualities.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Participated in gathering user requirements, developing functional and non-functional requirements.
- Developed use cases/diagrams, conceptual model, behavior diagrams (sequence, collaboration, state chart, Activity), using MS Visio.
- SharePoint site owner with full Control permission level on that site only, including its content such libraries, lists, and items. Received e-mail notifications for events, such as the pending automatic deletion of inactive sites and requests for site access.
- Microsoft Lync used for web meetings and conference calls with business managers and program manager.
- Participated in JAD sessions for refining requirement, analysis, and design.
- Executed and performed the business analysis plan by working with the identified stakeholder.
- Conducted business analysis activities and supported business analysis communication.
- Conducted effective requirement analysis ensuring that behavioral, structural models, dynamic models and control models are used appropriately.
- Specified User and System functional requirements focusing on Data Flows, Data Models and the Data Dictionary.
- Assisted effectively in requirements prioritization, performed requirements allocation and documented requirements traceability.
- Supported verification, quality assurance and development activities which included reviewing test scenarios and designing.
- Responsible for the delivery of Business Requirements Documents (BRD) within project timelines.
- Created project plan and managed WBS elements
- Performed monthly budget forecasting, tracked financials and presented report to SLT.
- Prepared weekly and monthly status reports and score cards to share with senior project managers.
- Created monthly power point project status reports to show progress to senior leadership.
- Identified and eliminated bottlenecks to ensure the success of the project
- Performed monthly budget forecasting, tracked financials and presented reports to senior leaders.
- Created monthly power point project status reports to show progress to senior leadership.
- Set-up agenda and scheduled meetings to accomplish agenda objectives.
- Identified and managed critical path tasks to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Created weekly communication plans manage and coordinated the team of 15 project members
- Mentored and helped other team members to accomplish their tasks.
- Worked with Program managers and Senior Project managers
- Effectively worked in an On-site-Off-shore model
- Managed tasks, resources, and project plan as per the requirements.
- Managed and tracked risks and escalated to appropriate audience.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements and data specifications.
- Involved throughout the business Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Followed Agile with Scrum SDLC.Led intrusion detection, vulnerability management, and PKI and participated in auditing, incident
- Provided 24/7/365 systems support as necessary for the diverse needs of the organization.
- Created and reviewed business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, and documentation.
- Involved extensively in the inception phase for understanding the Scope of the Project, feasibility of the implementation, and definition of the risk factors involved in the project.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with all project managers, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Created Process Flow diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Interaction Diagrams using Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose.
- Conducted meetings with business users and SMEs to identify and gather various functional and non-functional requirements.
- Helped identify reports for decision support system and interacted with database designers and architect to gather the requirements for reporting.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
Environment: MS Access 14.0, MS office 14.0, Rational Rose 1.0, MS Visio 14.0
- Analyzed the current systems in place and evaluated their use and scalability in developing this system.
- Prepared Use Case Document for modules: Audit creation, Assigning Audits, Review Audits and Transmit Audits.
- Prepared Use case diagram, Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram and Data Flow Diagram using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Worked in various types of insurances such as Property and Casualty Insurance including Auto, Home, and Marine.
- Provided internal security consulting for product development and operations of services across organization. Worked with internal groups on their projects to help them achieve their goals.
- Investigated, documented, and gathered information on data security recommendations to protect
- Worked with the Technical architects to define user interfaces, to finalize system UI for screens such as Audit Request creation, summary display, etc.
- Documented the business process through Business Requirements Document &developed Functional Requirements document.
- Assisted in formulating testing documents like Test cases, Test Scripts and Test summary report.
- Assisted in preparing the system manual and Reference guide.
- Worked on MS Project in developing Gantt chart to schedule and track the activities in the project.
- Used MS Excel to perform Gap Analysis of the existing system and the new system.
- Applied RUP methodology, created storyboards and conducted brainstorming sessions to understand the client specifications and requirements.
- Conducted meetings with the stakeholders to resolve various issues that originated during various phases of the project.
- Performed SQL queries and establishing the Entity Relationships between various tables.
- Participated in Functional Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Documented the Requirement Traceability Matrix for tracing the Test Cases and requirements.
- Documented and assisted the QA Team with the Test Plan. Also, worked on different types of testing in different environments e.g. UAT, UIT, SIT testing including regression, parallel, load runner and many of other testing techniques and used software scripts and languages like XML, Perl, VB Scripting, java, C++ and SQL.
- Worked on Defects management including analysis, retesting, verifying, and approving process.
Environment: Requisite Pro 1.0, Rational Rose 1.0, UML 1.0, MS Office 12.0, SQL Server 2008 R2, RCSA
- Gap Analysis of Client requirements, generated workflow process and necessary documents.
- Obtained business requirements in form of users stories from users and stakeholders using JAD sessions, brain storming sessions, focus groups and personal interviews to get a better understanding of the client's business process.
- Analyzed the as-is and to-be state of the project and performed Gap analysis, Impact analysis and SWOT analysis.
- Worked with the business to document and develop formulas for the calculation of premiums and losses statistics in the marts (eg. Written Premium, Earned Premium, Unearned Premium)
- Elicited, documented, modeled, validated and prioritized functional and non-functional requirements using interviews, data analysis, and different modeling tools.
- Defined the scope of the project based on the gathered business requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts, Project risks and scope exclusions.
- Analyzed and optimized the process. Prepared Business Requirement Document and then converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification and Technical Specification using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Actively involved in preparing and writing the business requirement documents, functional requirement documents.
- Communications liaison between business managers of assigned CRM applications and software engineering team, ensuring alignment of technology solutions to business strategy and facilitating project execution.
- Assist in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements.
- Responsible for applications representing over four million customer interactions per year.
- Utilized MS Visio for designing Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams, after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Assisted System Architects and Quality Assurance Analysts in creation of various tests.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Assisted in deletion of defects and bugs, in order to meet specific requirements and deadlines for successful execution of the project.
- Worked as an SME for identifying the scope of End-to-End testing with different teams
- Coordinated UAT of the product with Business Users.
- Created screen mock, UI mocks using iRiseand also created data element dictionary.
- Used MS Project for status reporting and planning.
Environment: MS Outlook, MS Office, Agile Scrum, Rally, Quality Center, UML, Oracle, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 7, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, RUP, UML, Clear case, Clear Quest, Win Runner, Test Director, Oracle 8i, SQL, PL/SQL, Salesforce.com, MS Office, Windows 2000 .