Provide professional Business Analyst Lead support in system analysis, development, testing, implementation, upgrades, functional user, policies and operations using flexible process frame work to manage project requirements.
- Participated in eleven SDLC (System Development Life Cycles) ERP Financial System implementations, 7 as a lead Business Analyst.
- Over 8 years of functional consulting, project lead, applications support and upgrades, including three repeat clients.
- Excellent understanding of financial applications like Oracle and Workday, including Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, A/P, A/R, G/L, OTL, Purchasing, iProcurement, iExpense, Cash Management, Order Management, Discoverer 4.x/10g/Discoverer Viewer, FSG Reports, Oracle Forms/Reports, EIB’s and Studio.
- Comprehensive experience in data analysis, application interface design, modeling, conversion, integration, and data loading.
- Solid experience testing for and debugging application issues.
- Experienced in teaching classes, including creating the documentation and central data to be incorporated within them.
- Designed multiple specification documents and use cases to define and fulfill project goals.
- Extensive knowledge in creating and coordinating test scripts for UAT testing. This includes the scheduling, tracking and reporting and verification of tests.
- Applied data fixes and configuration changes to resolve post implementation problems.
- Excellent client relationship skills including written and verbal communication.
- Overall career experience eases the bridging of the gap between the business and technical departments, which allows the easy interface to all management levels, the end user and IT staff.
- Motivated team player with the ability to work independently.
- Efficient time management skills to meet ambitious deadlines.
- 12 years of Accounting and Finance experience, including 4 functional financial system implementations.
Financial Management Applications: Workday Financial Management (), Oracle Financial 10g, 11i and R12 (Projects, A/P, A/R, Purchasing, GL, iExpense, iProcurement, iSupplier, AME, Cash Management, Order Management, Costing, Billing, FA, Inventory, Web ADI), Deltek, Jamis and Timberline
Software Tools: Studio and EIB’s, Discoverer 4.x/10g, Axiom, Web ADI, Oracle Forms/Reports, FSG, Cognos, Hyperion, SQL
Project Management Tools: Kace, Via, Oracle AIM, Metalink, HP Quality Center, MKS, Markview 170 Imaging Systems, eRoom, More4Apps, MS Projects, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, Jira and Expedition
Confidential, NY, NY
Principle Business Systems Analyst
- Supported the configuration, testing and implementation of Workday Financials, a web based financial software
- . I continue to configure multiple structures within the system including legal entities, chart of accounts, locations, countries, cost centers, worktags, spend categories and all necessary hierarchies.
- Help multiple departments identify and update processes within and outside of Workday that allowed them to be more efficient.
- I continue to support Workday user issues/configuration adjustments through our ticketing system, by identifying, researching, detailing and executing the changes on a daily basis.
- Creating a business requirement document to capture all of the requirements for our system integration from Oracle R12 to our existing Workday application necessitated due to the acquisition of Confidential by Syncronoss. Support identification of changes to Workday as they update the software versions on a bi - yearly schedule that may have impact on the user community.
- Led the effort to create and execute UAT testing to verify the viability of the configured system and identify any gaps. This included the scheduling, tracking, and documenting of the results to ensure any defects were documented and retested as they were resolved, and keeping the documentation in compliance for auditors.
- Led UAT meetings with IT and the Finance department to give daily progress updates.
- Worked on multiple data reconciliation to verify data being added, and the loading process being used was viable and could be used for the Production Tenant.
- Created a new cost center hierarchy that is flexible for both Management reporting and financial usage.
- Created multiple system business processes including for requisitions, purchase orders, supplier invoices, settlements, expenses, etc. .
- Resolved over 150 individual Workday help desk tickets by reviewing and solving defects, and making configuration changes.
- Worked on assigned tasks identified on cutover checklist.
- Learned to functionally run and configure Workday in a limited amount of time.
Confidential, NY, NY
Senior Business Analyst
- As a Senior Business Analyst I created business requirement documents for various end user applications that have to be added to a regulatory report writer that will generate CCAR and FRY-9C reports.
- I also created multiple mockup and use cases to support the creation of a conversion mapping box between the sub ledger systems and the financial data warehouse.
- Oversaw the of the new journal entry process to the GL that ensured granularity to meet regulatory requirements.
- Wrote documentation for end users regarding the operation of the Axiom regulatory reports application, as well as running classes in person and through WebEx.
- Created business requirement documentations for end user applications.
- Created multiple Axiom scripts for user at the basic and advanced levels.
- Taught classes for updated Journal Entry creation and submission, and Axiom Report for multiple regions.
- Working with multiple level of management to gather requirements and validate tactics.
Confidential, NY, NY
Sr. Oracle Business Analyst
- Working as a project lead and subject matter expert in the Confidential upgrade from Oracle 11i to Oracle R12 within the Payables and Fixed Assets responsibilities.
- Building out the R12 environment for Payables and Fixed Assets.
- I also assisted the AP/FA functional teams in vendor, invoice and asset cleanup to prepare the data for conversion.
- As the project moved forward, I created multiple setups, data flex fields and overseeing the data conversion and reconciliation between the two versions of Oracle.
- I also oversaw multiple CRP tests, users with the corresponding document creation, and UAT testing through the go live date.
- Created Business Requirement documentation to support the business needs in Oracle R12.
- Educated the business users the difference between Oracle 11i and R12 and the impact that it will have on them.
- Completed all required set up functions for AP and FA, including Cash Management functions.
- Created a new payment process based on Confidential ’s desire to move from Bottonline check print to Oracle Payments. This includes ACH and Check processing and the creation of the Positive Pay files.
- Held multiple Oracle R12 demos’ to highlight new functionalities.
- Lead meetings with Corporate Audit to support the organization drive to create a better Segregation of Duties matrix.
- Overseeing the creation of the conversion documentation (CV-10) for Payables and Fixed Assets while working with all stakeholder and technical assets to meet documents requirements.
Confidential, Yonkers, NY
Sr. Oracle Business Analyst
- As a Sr. BA, I supported multiple City and Board of departments after their initial Oracle R12 implementation.
- Functioning as the Help Desk manager, I created, allocated and supervised all Oracle EBS related tickets for the project.
- I also updated Payables, Purchasing, GL, and Grants Accounting policies and procedures to reflect the new system. Provided functional and technical expertise for the R12 post implementation.
- Streamlined the City’s ticketing system by replacing its outdated Track-it system with a new web based system called Jira.
- Completed multiple system issue tickets including service requests to Oracle.
- Supported the check and wire payment process, including the MICR design with their bank.
- Creation of multiple FAQ documents for the user community.
- Worked with SQL to create needed database queries.
- Driving to completion multiple reports by testing, and supporting the UAT testing.
- Creating a Business Requirement Document for the AR implementation in the next phase of the project.
Confidential, NY, NY
Sr. Business/Systems Analyst
- Provided BA support to a large multi-national bank during a major initiative to update/replace their Core Banking infrastructure, and to make recommendations and oversee the shifting of interfaces to and from their accounting system (Oracle R12).
- Working as the Comptrollers representative to identify and document accounting requirements, and to keep their interests during the full project lifecycle.
- This included creating an Accounting specific Business Requirement Document (BRD) by identifying and mapping all interfaces from Core Banking to the Accounting Hub and then to report writers for Head Office reporting.
- The design, implementation and testing of these interfaces to confirm the legitimacy of them, and the accuracy of the reporting that will come from the accounting system.
- I also supported the R12 Oracle implementation including creating test scripts, and UAT testing for GL, Payables and FA. Planning data migration to multiple environments and current system analysis.
- Created accounting requirements (BRD) for multiple Core Banking tracks, including FX/Moneymarket, Deposits, Trade Finance and Loans. These included all functional, non-functional, report and interface requirements, including any use cases that may have been needed.
- Review and updating interface and process flows and assisted gap analysis to validate that no potential issues are missed into the design phase. Creating a new application interface design.
- Verifying present source system accounting process to guarantee limited disruption as we move to a new system.
- Created or adjusted multiple setups for the AP and FA modules.
- Defined and created approval hierarchies within the workflow engine (AME).
- Created multiple process flow test scripts for the A/P responsibility and oversaw the and UAT testing of multiple responsibilities.
- Created and tested the payment process as we changed tables, printers, check formats and Positive Pay files as we moved from Oracle 11i to R12.
- Provided functional and technical expertise for the R12 implementation.
- Supported the reconsolidation, usage of Hyperion Budgeting and Forecasting.
Confidential, Cranston, RI
Sr. Systems Analyst
- Leading a major regional bank in their applications/databases systems transition project to make recommendations whether specific applications/databases should be moved from the business owners to Information Technology.
- Meeting with business owners to gather, document and analyze data to get understand the systems in environments in question.
- Quantified the reasoning to transfer system responsibilities.
- Remediated and created support documentation for a large AML application.
- Created an extensive spreadsheet to track all application support and data information.
- Completed extensive data analysis as part of the database remediation.
- Analyzed data to create a headcount matrix (RACI) for personnel transitions from the business to IT.
- Verified application/database information against existing support documentation to specify to the IT department the responsibilities that that they will be engaging.
Confidential, Milford, MA
Sr. Oracle Business Systems Analyst
- Assisted a leading Life Sciences company in adding the iExpense module to streamline their expense report process from paper to Oracle 11.5.10.
- Audited and updated existing Discover reports to reflect a changing business constitution.
- Functionally supported Project Accounting and Cash Management during a period of departmental transition.
- Supported company's strategic plan by updating certain Project flows and Task Setup configurations.
- Created multiple Discoverer reports including a Job Cost report that significantly reduced project managements budgeting schedule.
- Improved system efficiencies by completing Oracle Patches and upgrades.
- Updated Projects, Payables, and A/R Aim Deliverables (BR.100, MD.050, and MD.080) to reflect system upgrades.
- Developed a Project Responsibilities Policies and Procedures Manual to be used by Project Accounting.
- Trained over 15 end users on system changes.
Confidential, Westborough, MA
Sr. Systems Analyst
- Implemented Imperva Securesphere to track any unauthorized usage on Sources, Replication, Staging, and Data Warehouses for a major information storage manufacturer.
- Collected financially sensitive data from functional users to put into the model for testing and general inventory.
- Performed multiple financial analyses to verify the information.
- Collaborated with team to design and create the Operational Model for the implementation.
- Located “Shadow Databases” that created a security risk and needed to be tapped and tracked.
- Attained User Id’s and tables by Consulting with Data Base Administrators.
- Created a user database by integrated Confidential ’s approval software (ART) and our collected data.
- Supported the creation of the validation plan.
Confidential, Lexington, MA
Oracle Business Systems Analyst/Projects Team Lead
- Provided functional and technical expertise and support for the implementation of the Oracle Project Responsibility for a mid-sized pharmaceutical company.
- Conducted a requirements assessment to create a design, development and configuration strategy for the implementation.
- Created use cases to highlight changes and responses to new workflow processes.
- Performed a gap analysis between the current project process, and the desired new process.
- Created and coordinated the CRP and UAT testing and with the functional team members and the end-user community in multiple test instances.
- Performed setups and executed testing scenarios in the multiple environments to verify new functionality, patches, custom development, and integration with external systems.
- Updated Payables, and Purchasing Aim Deliverables (BR.100, MD.080) to reflect system upgrades.
- Created architectural documentation for Oracle Applications Financials modules (AP, Purchasing, iExpense, iProcurement, GL, OM, CM and Projects) merging business processes, application functionality and workflow.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Oracle Business Systems Team Lead Analyst
- Supported a major international retail company in their full lifecycle (SLDC) R12 implementation. Set up and executed for Projects, G/L, A/R, Purchasing and iProcurement for the end-user community.
- Created validation and security rules, as well as supported the GL accounting code.
- Assisted in the creation of the Oracle Aim BR.100, MD.050 and MD.080 for G/L, A/R and Purchasing.
- Worked on the Architectural Team to create the projects modules functional design work breakdown structure.
- Designed and updated use cases to define certain functional requirements.
- Involved in extensive User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and systems quality assurance (QA) testing. Served as functional support (BA) for Purchasing, G/L, A/R and FA responsibilities.
- Verified changes to the functional specifications for the Sub Ledger (A/R, A/P, PA) interfaces to the SLA and then to G/L.
- Added and tested multiple accounting attributes (date, amount, code combination, etc.) of the SLA before they were interfaced to the G/L.
- Created and executed multiple test scripts in Mercury to test system functionality in multiple test environments.
- Supported the creation of the workflow hierarchy in AME for Payables.
- Researched and created over 12 Discoverer reports for G/L, A/R and Accounts Payable.
- Verified functional user specifications against technical specs.
- Developed numerous data loads into production for data conversion from existing software.
- Serviced and resolved internal Help Desk tickets.
- Continued to test and debug the production system and opened and coordinated Oracle service requests.
- Created customizations, reports, and changes to existing functionality for personalization’s.
- Conducted functional testing of application in a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant environment.
- Updated new information to the Setup responsibilities in production.
- Oversaw and tested the implementation of multiple Patches and Scripts.
Confidential, Lexington, MA
Oracle Business Systems Analyst
- Managed the conversion of over 20 Discoverer reports to the Cognos report writer for a mid-sized pharmaceutical company.
- Consulted with end-users to analyze and understand their objectives and desired features.
- Provided functional support for Oracle Applications in the areas of Purchasing, iProcurement and A/P.
- Provided detailed business requirements specification for developers.
- Lead functional UAT testing and created the report specific documentation.