- Strong knowledge and experience of regulatory reporting and stress testing (Dodd Frank/ Confidential /DFAST), Portfolio Risk (Credit Risk, Market Risk across all assets) and Regulatory Compliance.
- Sound proficiency in Risk Calculation, Risk Management and BASEL II/III.
- Knowledge of Credit risk modeling (LGD, PD, EAD).
- Knowledge of products like Bonds (PV and Structured), MBS, ABS, Repos/Reverse Repos, Futures, Options, FX, Swaps, Swaptions etc. including understanding of trade life cycle events from an investment and capital market perspective.
- Experienced in banking technologies and banking operations.
- Wide - ranging experience in using different SDLC methodologies such as Agile (Scrum) & Waterfall.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum Theory, Scrum Values, Scrum Team, Scrum Events (sprint planning, standup, review and retrospective) and Scrum Artifacts (Product backlog, sprint backlog and increment).
- Extensive experience in gathering business requirements and developing functional specifications with special emphasis on Use Cases, defining Test Cases, UML Diagrams and providing user training and support.
- Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices
- Adept in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Knowledge of assessing “As Is” & “To Be” scenarios and creating process flow diagrams.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Brainstorming, Surveys and Interviews.
- Writing SQL Queries for data validation.
- Experienced in Sprint Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Strong Problem-Solving skills & Multi-Tasking abilities with proven experience in resourcing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making critical decisions.
- Ability to work with diverse team with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
SKILLS & ENVIRONMENTS:
Project Methodologies: Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Balsamiq and Google Drawing
Requirement Management and Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, TFS, Bugzilla, HP ALM and Rally
Relational Database Applications: SQL Server, Oracle 9i/11g, Tableau, Cognos Analytics
Business/Software Applications: MS Office Suite (Excel Advanced, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint), MS SharePoint and MS Project
Market Data Sources: Bloomberg, Reuters, S&P.
Confidential, New York, NY
Product Owner/Senior Business Analyst
- Lead the team for the project and manage resources.
- Prioritize product backlog as per business needs.
- Facilitate decision making from both business and technical points of view.
- Actively participate in Product kickoff and Immersion sessions and adhere to Agile methodology throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Liaise between the Business and Technical teams. Gather requirements from Business partners for new initiatives and groom sprint backlog for each iteration.
- Create Use Cases, review them with Business, Development and Quality Assurance teams.
- Conduct Demo sessions with Business to present the artifacts at the end of every sprint cycle.
- Lead Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint review and Sprint retrospective sessions.
- Designed assumption engine UI wireframe to serve as an input for the development team.
- Work closely with Cognos reporting team to generate ad-hoc business reports.
- Used JIRA for story progress, issue tracking, bug tracking and monitoring project progress and ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) tool for Defect Tracking and Management.
- Assist testing team to develop test plans and Participate in Test Case Review Meetings to validate if the test cases meet the requirements. Perform demo of completed stories for Business to get their acceptance.
Environment: JIRA, Visio, XML, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SQL Developer, ALM, Cognos.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Senior Business Analyst
- Wrote efficient user stories and use cases.
- Created log of data source and points and maintain tracker.
- Worked with different source system teams, including general ledger team to validate data and make remediation plans as needed.
- Generated exception reports for any anomaly found.
- Understood the business requirements and identified gaps in different processes and implemented process improvement initiatives across the business improvement model.
- Involved in special projects and provided ad hoc / special analysis as required (e.g. liquidity reporting)
- Participated in documenting the requirements that were critical to the business process and used those requirements in system design based on a Use case approach
- Prepared and validated high-level requirements.
- Facilitated walkthroughs with business SME’s from application origination, processing, underwriting and closing domains.
- Created the use cases and process flows in MS Visio
- Reviewed and provided inputs to the testing scenarios and test cases
- Conducted testing of stubs and user acceptance testing (UAT) to test the application from user view.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Quality Center, Agile, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
Senior Business Analyst
- Directly interacted with the stakeholders/business users and served as a primary point of contact.
- Worked closely with the business to understand business logic and gathered requirements.
- Interacted extensively with customers and UI designers to determine ways to improve the UI feel and the user experiences.
- Translated Business Requirements into functional and non-functional requirements using industry standard documentation processes like Data Flow Diagram (DFDs) and UML Diagrams (Use Case, Sequence and Activities Diagrams).
- Created UI mockups/wireframes for canned and ad hoc reports.
- Facilitated the system integration and UAT testing with business users.
- Created change request and address the change in requirement as and when required.
- Helped users to understand the usage of the system. Check for any bugs and retest the system.
Environment: JIRA, TABLEAU, MS SQL, MS Visio, BPMN, MS Project, IMPACT, Quality Center.
Confidential, Canton, MA
- Worked with SME’s for gathering data requirements for calculating liquidity risk and credit risk.
- Executed requirement traceability matrix to track both functional & nonfunctional requirements.
- Lead multiple initiatives by interfacing with the business stakeholders, requirement elicitation and validation, providing regular status updates to the stakeholders, and taking responsibility for various project artifact within Agile framework.
- Steered Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint review and Sprint retrospective sessions
- Designed workflow diagrams using MS Visio, provided reports & updated pending issues from user stories
- Used SQL scripts to extract data, Tableau, and Informatica to analyze large sets of referential and transactional data, joined multiple tables and assessed corresponding Business rules, ETL logic and Data Quality Rules to ensure data quality is consistent with Business and regulatory standards
- Developed training script, training plans & UAT plan by addressing UAT logs to measure relative changes needed before implementing UAT.
- Managed Defect Lifecycle and tracked each defect through JIRA.
- Managed post-production activity by continuously monitoring the production environment and assigned production issues for immediate rectification.
Environment: Microsoft Office, MS Visio, SQL, HP Quality Center
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
- Used Wireframes, Use Cases and Process Flowcharts and Swimlane Diagrams using Visio.
- Worked on business requirements elicitation and analysis.
- Updated Business Requirement Document (BRD) and created Project Change Request (PCR) documents.
- Performed GAP analysis by identifying existing technologies between the current and proposed systems.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and collaborate with software quality assurance analysts to develop test plans, test conditions and test cases.
- Developed and managed the formal SDLC implementation using the waterfall methodology.
- Determined feasibility, cost and time required compatibility with the current system and set operational specifications using Ad hoc reporting.
- Used HP Quality Center (QC) as bug reporting tools.
- Used TOAD to validate backend data stored in master database using basic SQL queries.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, TOAD, Quality Center.