- Sr. Business Systems Analyst with 8+ years of Financial and Investment Banking Domain experience.
- Worked in various projects with Business User, Key Stakeholders, Product Owner, Project Manager, Product Manager, Subject Matter Expert, Data Analyst, Scrum Master, Architect, UX designer, Developer and Tester.
- Extensive domain knowledge in Secondary Market for Private Equity, Trading in Primary Market Offerings of Financial Securities, OTC derivatives, Capital Markets, Interest Rate, Credit and Forex Trade Swaps.
- Familiarity with FRTB, Modellable and Non - modellable risk factors, CCAR, DTCC, Confidential and CFTC.
- In-dept knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Scrumban, Waterfall and Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid methodologies.
- SDLC: Strong working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases such as Planning, Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and maintenance with deliverables at each phase.
- Experience in analyzing the AS-IS and TO-BE systems using techniques like GAP Analysis, SWOT, Impact Analysis, Root-Cause Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Feasibility Study and Risk Analysis to understand the system in detail.
- Worked in MS Project and MS Excel together with Project Manager to create Project Plan Document, Work Breakdown Structure, Gantt Chart, Critical Path Analysis, Project Charter, Project Schedule and Budgeting.
- Elicited requirements from Business Users and Stakeholders using techniques such as (JAD)Joint Application Development, Interviews, Brainstorming, Job Shadowing, Requirement Workshops, Focus Groups, Document Analysis and Prototyping.
- Created and reviewed Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS) and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) Artifacts to perform requirement analysis.
- Experienced in handling Change Management Requests and assessing its effect on triple constraints by Impact assessment.
- Well adept in creating User Stories satisfying INVEST and breaking down Epic Stories into User Stories and defining Acceptance Criteria in rules list method or Given-When-Then format together with the Scrum Team, PO and Scrum Master.
- Used prioritization techniques like MOSCOW, KANO Model, 100-point method, Walking Skeleton, Paired Comparison.
- Skilled in estimation techniques like Planning Poker, T-shirt Sizing, Bucket System and Relative Mass Valuation.
- Participated in scrum ceremonies Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Up, Sprint Execution, Sprint Review & Sprint Retrospective Meetings within disciplined SCRUM framework, guidelines and rules for successful releases.
- Created and maintained Product Backlog. Helped Product Owner prioritize the Product Backlog Items to achieve sprint goal.
- Extensive experience in writing Use Case Specification Document, creating User Scenarios and developing Unified Modelling Language (UML) like Sequence Diagram, Activity Diagram and Use Case Diagram using tools like Lucid chart, MS Visio.
- Created UI/UX Mock-ups and Wireframes to help design team get a better understanding of the GUI requirements.
- Sound familiarity with development techniques in Agile such as TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) based on the specific business needs.
- Extensively used SQL queries like join, union, outer join, group by, having, order by and aggregate functions for Data Analysis, retrieval, validation, modification, creation of Data Manipulation Language (DML), Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Control Language (DCL), Views, Stored Procedure and Functions.
- Created Conceptual and Logical Data models and communicated them to the development team so that they could develop the Physical Data Models in the database. Also, experienced in creating ER diagrams (Entity-Relationship diagrams).
- Experienced in Data Warehouse, Data Marts, OLAP, Data Integration, Data Migration, Data Mapping and ETL process.
- Good understanding of Dimensional Data Modelling, Star & Snowflake schema, dimensions, facts, data warehouse architecture.
- Performed OLAP operations such as slicing, dicing, roll-up, drill down and pivoting (transpose).
- Wrote Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios and performed different types of tests such as smoke test, integration test, white box test, black box test, user acceptance test, load test, sanity test, regression test, functional and system test.
- Experienced in Defect Tracking and following up by creating issues in JIRA to communicate updates to management and team.
- Involved in scripting the business logic in the web methods of web services and documenting the Web Service Level Agreement (WSLA) document using Extensible Markup Language (XML) to serve as a contract between front-end and back-end teams.
- Understanding of HTTP request to the web service, to specify REST API CRUD operations having HTTP verbs GET, POST, DELETE and PUT on application layer that utilized NETWEAVER Gateway as the powerful HTTP client to test web services.
- Experienced in creating custom interactive dashboards for analysis and reporting needs on Tableau.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & TOOLS:
SDLC Methods: Waterfall, Scrum, SAFe, Water-scrum-fall and Waterfall & Scrum hybrid
Project Management & Business Tools: MS Office, Office 365 (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote), MS Project, MS Access, MS Sharepoint, MS Visio, Mockup Screen, Balsamiq, Lucidchart, JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM
Databases Tools: MySQL, Oracle DB, Hive, Toad, MS SQL Server, Apache Tez, Apache Sqoop
Testing: HP UFT/QTP, HP LoadRunner, Cucumber
ERP Packages: SAP S/4 HANA, SAP FICO
Webservices: REST API, SOAP API, SAP NETWEAVER GATEWAY
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA, XML, JSON, SQL, WSDL, REST
Technologies (CRM/ERP/ETL/Analytics): Informatica Cloud, Informatica PowerCenter, AWS, SAP, Tableau, IBM COGNOS, IBM SPSS
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Worked in Agile/Scrum framework facilitating documentation, validation, requirement elicitation and elaboration.
- Acted as a primary point of contact between remote clients, business stakeholders and technology teams to gather requirements.
- Conducted JAD session, one-on-one interviews and brainstorming sessions to elicit requirements with the Product Owner.
- Facilitated in estimation of requirements; created BRD and maintained Product backlog items (satisfying INVEST criteria), supported creation of User stories and defined Acceptance Criteria along with the scrum team for Sprint releases, prioritized PBI and was involved in Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Ups, Sprints, Sprint Reviews and Retrospective meetings.
- Created UML Diagrams for business process flows using MS Visio and Mockup Screen for a custom HTML5 user interface for Secondary Market for Private Equities which includes application development in Eclipse and deployment in SAP Fiori App.
- Assisted the SCRUM team to create a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to have a better understanding of client needs early.
- Created business process flows for creation and integration of OData Services. Validated Pre API-documentation, API testing using NetWeaver Gateway to check if the API's are returning the data in JSON format as required by the workflow.
- Created Conceptual Data Models based on the requirements from the Business. Once they were approved by the business, proceeded to create Logical Data Models. Communicated them to the developers who implemented in the SAP HANA database.
- Performed Data Mapping to identify the correct data sources for the Secondary Market of Private Equities.
- Identified gaps in Data Mapping and documented them. Worked with the team to load missing data into SAP HANA database and corrected the wrong data present in there. Wrote complex SQL queries to join tables to be viewed systematically.
- Performed Impact Analysis on how database will be affected by the change in trade rules between parties.
- Assisted and maintained creation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Results in ALM. Created dashboards in ALM for reporting test analysis to the management. Assisted in performing functional tests, regression tests, smoke tests and end to end tests.
- Created issues in JIRA for bugs during testing and reported them to the management. Conducted User Acceptance Testing before deployment in production environment. Documented the overall process and created user manuals.
- Ensured rigorous Definition of Done had been met for each User Story of the Sprint.
Confidential, Phoenix, AR
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Worked in AGILE/SCRUM framework to scope the system, translate business needs, translate technical issues and model.
- Performed document analysis to understand the existing legacy systems for trading in Primary Market Offerings of Securities and identified the opportunities to improve the system by performing AS-IS and TO-BE analysis.
- Conducted Gap analysis and Cost benefit analysis to predict the effects and performance of new cloud-based CRM platform.
- Acted as a liaison between Technical Users and Business Users after interacting with SMEs by asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be understood and reviewed by both types of users.
- Assisted the development team to break down EPICs and Features to User Stories until they were not sliceable and ready to go into sprint. Tracked the User Stories in JIRA and helped define the Acceptance Criteria for each user story.
- Kept track of the product backlog and together with the Product Owner, prioritized the items in the backlog continuously.
- Maintained sprint backlog and overviewed burndown charts with the scrum team to keep track of progress during the sprint.
- Participated in estimation of user stories during backlog refinement using Planning Poker technique.
- Created UML diagrams in Lucidchart such as Sequence Diagram, Activity Diagram and Use Case diagram to identify the key participating users and their interactions with the new cloud-based system for better understanding of designers and developers.
- Performed data profiling, data cleaning, data quality checks and data assessing while verifying the dealer and investor.
- Checked the compliance for trading between the dealer and investor in the Primary Market Offerings of Securities.
- Conducted Data Mapping by finding data sources and making sure that pricing levels to other users is in common format.
- Wrote SQL queries in Apache Tez for Hive execution in Amazon S3, for viewing data periodically and manual testing.
- Checked import data from relational database into AWS and the transformed data exported into the data warehouse.
- Created interactive dashboards using Tableau by analyzing the transactional data sets to provide advanced predictive analytics.
- Collaborated with the QA team to conduct end-to-end testing which included functional, integration and regression tests.
Environment: Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon EC2, Apache Hive, Apache Tez, Apache Ranger, Apache Sqoop tool, Hive QL, Tableau 10.1, Lucid chart, Balsamiq, Confluence 6.8, JIRA 7.5
Confidential, NY, NY
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked in SAFe environment employing Scrum framework at the team level.
- Conducted sessions with senior management to receive and document all FRTB utility requirements. Documented the source systems, data staging, transformation logic and finalizing criteria for passing the modellability and volume tests for instruments.
- Initiated system development plans by building working groups to access business need of future system implementations otherwise recommending alternative applications where necessary and coordinated with the team in picking features for next Program Increment at PI Planning meeting to identify risks with team’s dependencies.
- Coordinate with the source systems like Global Trade Repository (GTR) and Trade Information Warehouse (TIW) to standardize the format of incoming data. Coordinated with developers to make the incoming data format acceptable to the trade data mart.
- Created, maintained and tracked multiple User Stories in JIRA for covering all Use Cases and business process flow diagrams related to data cleansing, de-duplication, masking and data quality checks for incoming data.
- Extensively coordinated with ETL developers to design transformation logics to be applied on incoming data.
- Co-ordinated with aggregation tool developers to populate OLAP cubes with aggregated trade data.
- Documented requirements and create use cases for FRTB UI which would be used by clients for assessing risk factor.
- Demonstrated prototype UI to end users, documented it and applied all feedback items to pilot version of UI. Prototype was designed for only the Credit Asset class while the pilot version would have data for full asset class population.
- Acted as a liaison between Dev and QA teams for all user stories. Analyzed client requirements and prepared analysis documents.
- Wrote SQL queries to help developers have a better understanding of where exactly the change is required in the database.
- Performed smoke, functional and regression tests; and was involved in UAT Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Strategy based on functional and non-functional requirements to the Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Created team specific Agile process flow in JIRA to move tasks from one activity to another.
Environment: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, JIRA 7.3, Informatica PowerCenter 9.6, HP ALM 12.0, Confluence 6.2, Oracle 12.2, SQL, MS SQL Server 14.0
- Worked in Water-Scrum-Fall (Custom Agile practice) framework to implement regulations for Confidential project.
- Prioritized requirements received from business. Business got requirements from the Regulator (CFTC). Conducted further one-on-one interviews with stakeholders to understand the requirement better and write functional solutions in User Story format.
- Created Business Process Flows using MS Visio to help Architects and Developers understand the changes required in database.
- Assigned prioritized user stories satisfying INVEST to Sprint Backlog. Kept track of the progress of tasks to achieve sprint goal.
- Created Test Cases in ALM and carried out manual testing by going into the database and writing complex SQL queries.
- Matched the development changes with the functional solution created earlier and captured the test evidences in ALM.
- Tracked defects in JIRA by creating issues. Updated them in the requirement traceability matrix (RTM).
- Booked Interest Rate Trades in Summit and Credits Trades in TSAR. Trades booked were Interest Rate Swaps (fix-float, basis, fix to fix), FRA, Swaption, Inflation swap, OIS - Overnight Index Swap, Cap, Floor, Credit Default Swap, CDO and MBS.
- Reviewed Fpml messages and identified any deviation from Fpml standards. All trade information was consolidated in Fpml.
- Ran specific workflows in Informatica to see changes for trade data flowing from upstream to Oracle Database.
- Booked trades in the front-end which was IBM COGNOS to book trades and generate reports as required by the business.
- Checked for ACK and NACK results from DTCC after sending batch reports and real-time reports to DTCC.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing before every release; and worked with deployment team for issues during go-live in prod.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Fpml, Oracle 12.1, Toad 12.5, SUMMIT, TSAR, SQL, Informatica PowerCenter 9.6, IBM COGNOS 10.2.2, HP ALM 11.5, JIRA 7.0
Junior Business Analyst
- Designed Business Requirement Document and systematic approach based on Project Scope in a traditional Waterfall Project. Performed Fixed Income Analysis to analyze Interest Rate Risks and Credit Risks to determine the expected results.
- Translated business requirements into the Functional Requirement Specification document and prepared an extensive project plan to reduce inter-company transactions in Equity derivatives and Foreign Exchange Trades.
- Worked with Traders and Brokers teams to identify solutions driven by business requirements.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions by convening project sponsors, group representatives, SMEs' and technical personnel and documented the minutes of meeting.
- Conducted current state and future state study to identify GAPs which included data collection methodologies, data quality and data integration problems, data storage and infrastructure related issues.
- Wrote SQL queries to identify, test and update database configurations. Created Test Cases and executed them in ALM.
- Conducted analysis and optimization of trade processing flow, trade break investigation and liquidity analysis for equity derivative and foreign exchange products which resulted in 45% reduction in trade volume processed by technology systems.
- Managed and drove continuous improvements in Hyperion Essbase data cubes and performed UAT testing with the team.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS SharePoint, HP ALM 11.5, Oracle 12.1, Informatica PowerCenter 9.6, IBM SPSS Modeler 16.0, Hyperion Essbase, SQL
- Worked in a Traditional Waterfall SDLC project. Reported to Test Lead for all testing activities in the project.
- Attended daily calls to understand Project Scope, high-level business requirements and functional specification requirements, led by client-side Project Manager, together with the testing team. Assisted Test Lead to check for testing readiness.
- Wrote Test Cases based on the requirements handed over to the testing team. Prepared Test Data for test execution.
- Manually tested each Test Case for both negative and positive test scenarios as per the application specifications in ALM.
- Wrote SQL queries to check for changes in the back-end database. Also, tested the front-end UI against GUI specifications.
- Performed smoke test, system test, system integration test, regression test and white box tests.
- Raised defects in ALM and re-tested the issue once fixed. Collected all test evidence to assist team in creating Test Result Doc.
- Attended User Acceptance Test meeting to receive sign off from UAT team by showing them the test results.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, SQL, Toad 11.0, Oracle 11.2, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, HP ALM 11.0, HTML