- Business Systems Analyst with 7 years of experience in multiple business domains like Retail Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth Management, etc.
- Comprehensive domain knowledge of Know Your Client (KYC), On - Boarding Process, Anti-Money Laundry (AML), Credit Products, Fixed Income, Securities, Bonds, Derivatives, Credit Risk Management.
- Highly experienced in managing end-to-end project lifecycles including Waterfall, Scrum, hybrid methodologies in various industries, within a timely manner.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical skills, presentation, coordination, project planning, estimation, development of schedule and quality matrices.
- Developed a deep understanding of the Business Objectives of stakeholders; evangelized the Product Vision by maintaining an accurate and achievable Roadmap.
- Adept in User Requirements Gathering, Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis and development of Use Cases and Test Cases, Standard Procedures and working with PMO.
- Proficient in networking with individuals at various levels while organizing, conducting and facilitating elicitation sessions such as Interviews, Brainstorming, Requirement workshops, Interface analysis, Document analysis, and JAD sessions
- Successful in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modelling Language (UML), drawing UML diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), Rational Rose & MS Visio .
- Good knowledge of creating Test Plans and Test Cases using HPQC.
- Implemented the UAT Test Plan as per the project plan and performed UAT testing for the deliverables.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Concepts and Web Technologies using Core Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, HTML and AngularJS.
- Web services experience in SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) using SOAP, WSDL, RESTFUL services.
- Expertise in RDBMS like Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PL/SQL and stored procedures, Functions.
- Good experience with ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) Process using PENTAHO (Kettle) and reporting tools like COGNOS & Tableau.
- Worked as liaison between business and data modeler, ETL developer to implement EDW, data mapping.
- Involved in Pre-Production activities to ensure zero defects and supported Post-Production Validation (PPV) for issues reported by the user group in the production environment.
Business Skills: Elicitation, Analysis, Design, Impact analysis, Gap Analysis
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall, RUP
Languages: JAVA, HTML, AngularJS, jQuery, XML, CSS
Requirements Management: Rally, Sybase Power Designer, Rational Rose
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint
Databases: MYSQL, MS Access, Oracle, SQL Server
UI & Prototyping tools: MS Visio, BPMN, SmartDraw, iRise, JustInMind Prototype, Balsamiq.
Defect Tracking Tools and Others: Quality Center, HP ALM, Silk Central, Jira, Power Designer Bugzilla, Rally, SOAP UI, Rest API.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Obtained comprehensive domain knowledge of Know Your Client (KYC), On-Boarding Process, Anti-Money Laundry ( AML ), Credit Products, Capital Market -Fixed Income, Securities, Bonds, Derivatives and Wealth Management, etc.
- Translated the gathered requirements into user stories by detailing in the functional and nonfunctional requirements based on interactions with the Product Owners and SME’s who gave the customer’s real-time feedback about the Equity products (Stock, cash equities) and Derivatives like Forwards, Futures and Swaps.
- Worked with Front Office/ Middle Office to understand KYC & AML compliance and build workflows for business process modeling using Power Designer.
- Formulate and define Systems Scope and Objectives based on the end user needs and a thorough understanding of business, systems and industry requirements.
- Construct Workflow Charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Coordinate and facilitate end user interviews and workshops to gather and analyze requirements.
- Configure and administer Jira as the team's Agile management tool.
- Worked with Product Owner on artifacts such as Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Sprint and Release Burndown.
- Successfully handled role of Scrum Master and having expertise in conducting Backlog refinement, Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Meetings when using Scrum Methodology.
- Develop the product backlog along with Product Owners.
- Assist in entering and updating Issues (Epics, Stories, and Tasks) onto JIRA Agile application.
- Documented the Business requirements document (BRD) and Functional Specification (FRD) and provided the business stakeholders sign-offs on all the documents.
- Assist in the development of Project and Process Plan documents.
- Used MS Visio to represent the Process Work Flows.
- Used iRise to preview the Wireframes to the Business Stakeholders.
- Test the user stories for accuracy and compliance to ensure undisputed Acceptance Criteria and Validation of stories.
- Documented the Service Architecture and tracked all the responses from different systems through SOAP UI.
- Involved in Troubleshooting Sessions to know the root cause of the defect and performed a clear analysis on the web services responses (XML) from different teams.
- Documented the Data Dictionary for the application and have written SQL Queries to extract the reports.
- Coordinate project initiatives with software developers, stakeholders, project managers and testers.
- Prioritize production issues and assigned them to developers. Defect management through Quality Center.
- Assisting with pre and post production support activities.
- Conduct go/no -go and release management activities.
Environment: Agile Scrum, One Note, MS Project, JIRA, MS Visio, iRise, Oracle, SharePoint 2008, Jive, Confluence, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML5, XML, CSS, RESTful API, SVN Repository, HPQC.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Business systems Analyst
- Verifies all aspects of Client Identification Program (CIP) and necessary account opening documents and in accordance with KYC.
- Gathered business requirements by participating in JAD sessions, interviewing business users and stakeholders., Conducted one to one sessions and consulted existing systems documents.
- Identified Data Sources from internal systems, external systems, silos on legacy systems
- The methodology used for the project was Waterfall and had a deep understanding about the requirement gathering.
- Used MS Visio and BPMN for Process modelling, Process mapping and Business Process flow diagrams. Understood the AS-IS system, developed the TO- BE system concepts and prepared the System Process Maps
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD/HLD) and drafted Systems Requirement Specification (SRS). Analyzed, modified and validated these documents.
- Created Data Flow Diagrams, Data Mapping from Source to Stage and Stage to Target Mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules to be applied
- Performed Data Profiling in the source systems to avoid data anomalies and ensure data quality.
- Extensively involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL process) from Source to target systems using Pentaho Kettle.
- Coordinated Phased Data Migration process to handle large and complex volumes of data and address dashboard reporting capabilities. Created Data Dictionary for the data models.
- Created Wireframes using iRise as supplemental document for the new screens and changes to existing screens.
- Created extensive WebServices documentation including the data mapping, UML diagrams, business exception handling and XML files.
- Created Process flow diagrams of As-Is and To-Be Online Banking System using MS Visio.
- Extensively worked on SQL, Queries, Cursors, Triggers and Stored procedures.
- Performed debugging sessions and utilized the SOAP UI to view the responses from different teams.
- Involved in documenting the Request and Response between API endpoints in the API artifact. Prepared business rules for the Web Service and assisted in drafting agreements for web methods in XML format.
- Documented various attributes of the RESTful web service such as methods of exposing, URIs and description of each method.
- Worked closely with DBAs to make changes to the existing Schema and created Scripts for the same.
- Managed the Defect triage calls and assigned the defects to the concerned teams.
- Worked closely with developers to implement a web-based application to view the reports of the merger Project
- Worked with QA team to design and develop Test Plan and Test Cases to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Documented the new Deployment Jobs in Jenkins and deployed the bi-weekly code from the vendor source
Confidential, New York City, NY
Business System Analyst
- Conducted brainstorming sessions with business stakeholders in defining the Key business requirements in consultation with the PO
- Collaborated with the PO in grooming the User Stories and defining Acceptance Criteria to be used by the development teams for estimation
- Collaborated with the PO in prioritizing the User Stories for different sprints
- Collaborated with PO and SM for getting the business approval for the developed product in Sprint review meetings
- Collaborated with the PO and scrum teams in defining the Product Backlogs and Sprint Backlogs
- Participated in various Scrum Ceremonies like Sprint Planning meeting, Daily standup meetings Sprint retrospectives and Sprint review meetings
- Collaborated with Scrum master in creating scrum artifacts like burn-down charts, velocity curves and task boards
- Worked with Product Owner on Backlog grooming tasks, creating ROI charts and Release Burndown
- Collaborated with scrum teams in conducting Backlog refinement, Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings
- Experienced in using Estimation techniques like Planning Poker, T-shirt sizing, Relative mass evaluation
- Collaborated with development team in creating UI prototypes using JustinMind prototype as supplemental documents to the user stories
- Collaborated with development teams for KT sessions, test cases creation, defect triages and production support tickets
- Tracked and reported progress to Product Owner using JIRA. TFS was used for source code management.
- Assisted the development team with Jenkins for CI, automated build, and deployment.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, MS Visio, JustInMind, MS Office Suite (2016), JIRA, Oracle 12c, Java, Confluence, Angular JS 2.0, HTML 5.0, CSS 3.0, SOAPUI, Eclipse IDE, Bit bucket.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Elicited, documented, modeled, validated and prioritized Functional and Non-Functional requirements using interviews, data analysis, and different modeling tools.
- Captured Business Requirements working with stakeholders, subject matter experts, process owners and users to elicit and document needs, expectations, constraints and external interfaces.
- Conducted JAD sessions, interviews, focus group meetings, surveys with regional unit heads to understand more about policy processing techniques of business.
- Designed data models, data flow diagrams and data dependencies sequence diagrams for the policy system.
- Communicated closely with PMO to document project development reports, product release plans, short and long terms goals and achievements.
- Designed Website layout prototyping using Balsamiq.
- Prepared business requirements Documents (BRD) and got sign off to be used by the developers.
- Worked with the Policy and Procedure team as required to define new/updated policies and procedures.
- Performed walkthroughs of business requirements and functional requirements with the development and testing teams.
- Identified and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions through interface analysis, prototyping.
- Designed and developed Use Cases and Activity Diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML) and with starUML.
- Responsible for Data Manipulation and Data Validation using SQL queries in SQL Server 2008 environment
- Set up definitions and process for Scoping, document test cases, test phases included integration testing, end to end testing and user acceptance test (UAT) and documenting the results.
- Validated defects and test results generated by the QA team.
- Facilitated the Post Production Validation and actively participated in production call support whenever necessary and ensure smooth running of the system in real time
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Created training guides, assisted in deployment with step-by-step instructions and created appropriate GUI screenshots.
Environment: RUP Methodology, starUML, Balsamiq, SharePoint, HTML, SQL Server, MS Office, Excel to track defects, M.S. Project, Dreamweaver, J2EE, SQL.
Java UI Developer
- Worked on the project using industry standard design of technologies which mainly include Spring technology.
- Closely coordinated with the business analyst to make changes to the existing system.
- Implemented the MVC design pattern .
- Used features of Spring framework like IOC , AOP and Spring Hibernate integration on the server side.
- Designed and Implemented the Hibernate based DAO layer.
- Implemented the AJAX script to connect the front end and back end of the system.
- Created and consumed SOAP Web Services.
- Used Maven as the build tool for product. Added dependencies accordingly.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedure, function, triggers for the Oracle database .
- Assisted the Quality Analysis team in testing the application.
- Performed the peer testin g before the issue is moved to the QA team.
- Used Eclipse as IDE and Tomcat as the application server.
Environment : Java, MVC, DAO, Spring, Hibernate, CSS, AJAX, SOAP Web Services, Oracle 10g, Eclipse.