- Around 7+ years experience as a Business Analyst, with solid understanding of Business Process Flows, Case Tools, and Business Analysis.
- Experience in working with the QA Testing team, creating Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Experience in developing UML use case diagrams, Work Flow Diagrams using tools like Rational Rose and MS Visio
- Excellent Business writing skills in creating Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, and Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Expertise in Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis (OOA/D), and Rational tools used during all four phases of RUP: Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition.
- Experience in Guidewire suite (PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, BillingCenter and Contact Center) integrations.
- Involved in documenting customization requirements, business rules and data migration requirements for the Implementation of Guidewire ClaimCenter and PolicyCenter.
- Proficient in developing and executing Test Plans, SQL and PL/SQL queries, performing functional, usability testing and ensuring that the software meets the system requirements
- Expertise in co - coordinating between Top Management, Program Managers, Project Managers, Systems Developers and Business Sponsors for project implementation.
- Excellent Team player work in conjunction with testing, development and other teams in validation and testing complex scenarios and projects and in the maintenance of Quality Standards in Projects.
- Effective at conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- In depth knowledge Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D)
- Worked with Rational Suite of tools to create requirements documents (Requisite Pro), visual data models (Rose), manage and track defects (Clear Quest).
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, navigational flows, story boards, UI specifications and Sequence Diagrams.
- Communicating the business requirements, goals, and directives to the technical team and serving as client interface for managing user expectations and achieving client satisfaction.
- Proficient in soliciting client requirements through interviews, workshops, existing system documentation and organizing JAD sessions.
- Expert in Insurance Technology solutions like Guidewire suite and PEGA with in-depth knowledge in the Underwriting, policy administration, billing, rating, reinsurance and claims process.
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, Promodel, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, MicroStrategy Data Warehouse Data Modeling and Design.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Analysis of business requirements and system requirements of the client and also for Property and casualty modules
- Gathered requirements, organized team meetings requirements from business users such as insurance policy managers, generated business process models, & use-case models, and created system requirements document & functional requirements document (FRD).
- Developed a file of ACORD Forms used as the standards in all Property and Casualty markets, for both Personal and Commercial Lines of Business.
- Working as a Guidewire Business Analyst for the Advance Project in the Personal Lines PolicyCenter, which is a web-based policy administration system used for quoting and applications for all personal lines products.
- Worked on various Guidewire integration concepts like Messaging, Batch Processes, Web Services.
- Hands on experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter and ClaimCenter (Worker's Compensation Claims, General Claims) upgradation to v9.
- The application would let customers submit online claims for Worker's Compensation Property and Casualty and the Non-worker's Compensation.
- Experience in report, manage, and process routine general product liability, premises liability, marine/cargo, and property claims.
- Involved in generating Test cases for property and casualty Insurances for Different Levels of Business.
- Involved in QA and testing procedures introduced into teams for both COTS and Legacy Systems.
- Align design and technical requirements with COTS reporting database.
- Developed and managed the formal SDLC implementation using the Lean/Agile Methodology.
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to strategize the Implementation of RUP effort in different iterations and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Involved in Logical & Physical Data Modeling. Database Schema design and modification of Triggers, Scripts, Stored Procedures in Sybase Database Servers.
- Performs system administration duties related to the content management system. This would include developing process flows required for the development of workflows within Stellent that tracks all CMS-mandated content contributions.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Created Detailed Use Cases for the Web interface applications, Screen Mockup’s for the project.
- Conducting JAD Sessions to resolve open issues, change requests so that the application meets the system requirements and dead lines
- Created Source to target data mapping documents identifying key data elements and prepared Data Flow Diagrams
- Interacted with State Street Business owners to understand the current process and to provide suggestions to optimize using Autosys and Datastage.
- Extensively involved in the automation of Regression Test Cases by scripting.
- Create and maintain requirements, test cases and defects in Mercury Quality Center
- Extensively used tools such as Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, MS Access
- Responsible for managing the documented system requirements and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Developed Test cases for manual testing and automated them using Win Runner, Silk, Load Runner, Silk performer and QTP.
- Automate and integrate data collection processes from databases using SQL and MS Access.
- Followed the UML based methods using Microsoft Visio to create: Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Prepared Logical Data Models that contains set of Entity Relationship Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams and supporting documents and descriptions of the Relationships between the data elements to analyze and document the Business Data Requirements.
- Collaborated with Quality Assurance Analyst in Automated and Manual Black box testing.
- Prepared system Test Plan and scenarios for Test Scripts.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
- Responsible for providing analytical support in the Design, Development and Implementation of Project.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, ClearCase, ClearQuest), RUP, MS Office, MS Access, Visual Basic, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MS Project, WebLogic, MQ Series, Quality Center, Quick test Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Agile,, Web Forms, LoadRunner, WinRunner, DOORS, Project Management.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Conducted one to one interviews with Portfolio Manager to gather System Requirements and was involved in the documentation of System Requirement Documents.
- Designed and Implemented interface conversion using Perl, Shell and AutoSys scripts.
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non functional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders and document analysis, represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Involved actively in determining the quality and quantity of data to be provided for UAT.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the Business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the Business line, including the Business Plan, Products, and Process.
- Translated the Business needs into system Requirements, communicating with the Business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view.
- Inserted Check Points to check the broken Links, Text, and standard properties of an object using Quick Test Pro.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements by using Rational Rose, Visio and Requisite pro - RUP
- Implemented and managed the formal SDLC implementation using the RUP/Agile Methodologies (depending on the client and project)
- Involved in Guidewire Corporate Training on Guidewire PolicyCenter, Worked on Commercial Lines Property and Casualty Insurance.
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses.
- Designed and developed Project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Developed System Requirement Document as well as High-Level Project Plan.
- Worked on data modelling and produced data mapping and data definition documentation
- Participated in UAT and worked with Mercury Quality Center for bug and defect tracking.
- Documented the entire testing process, test cases and test results.
- Managed the whole testing process using Mercury Interactive Test Management tool Quality Center.
- Participated in the Logical and Physical Design sessions and developed Design Documents.
- Worked with developers to make sure that they understood the Use Cases.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report / Data Validation.
- Worked with Quality Control Teams to develop Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Working as a Guidewire Business Analyst for implementation of Guidewire ClaimCenter and PolicyCenter for Personal Lines Auto, Home and Umbrella/Liability Plus lines of Business.
- Requirements for various User Stories relating to ClaimCenter functional areas like FNOL, Claims Financials, Loss Assessment, Subrogation, Recovery, Salvage, Activities, Litigation Management, Car Rental Management, Bulk Invoices, Contact Management, Document Management, Medical Bill Review etc.
- Insurance experience includes Personal Property Casualty and Commercial Automobile Product knowledge, Reinsurance for Commercial Property Casualty, Group and Life Insurance Systems.
- Expert in commercial Property and Casualty and Personal Lines Insurance experience with national carriers.
- Expert in the Property, Casualty, Annuities, Disability, and Supplemental Insurance policies include administration, sales, customization, claims, pensions, and CMS.
- Develop User Manuals, and Training Manuals as per Project Specifications and timelines.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, Windows XP, DreamWeaver, Quality Center, SQL, PLSQL, Agile/Scrum, Mercury TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner
- Defined the customer’s critical to quality (CTQ) issues and requirements for current Defect Management process.
- Involved in Performance Measurement to develop measurable indicators that can be systematically tracked to assess progress made in achieving predetermined goals.
- Developed the workflow to produce the output for the user in Pega Systems using html.
- Scoped, analyzed, designed, tested, implemented a call center IVR/Genesys Voice Platform VoiceXML application to handle customer service calls
- Worked on a Java based web application used by the call center associates developed by Chordiant, on Java code base using the J2EE architecture.
- Involved in the Testing of ITS Claims - Creating SF’s (Diamond) and DF’s (Mainframe)
- Functioning also as a Voice Response Unit analyst by supporting the Genesys Call Center application.
- Directed/Instructed/Maintained all call Center activities via consolidated reports from technical and managerial staff.
- Trained End-users and customer service agents on the CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Design, code and improve application modules for Contingent Worker Management software using BA specifications, comprehensive code reviews, and subject-matter expert discussions.
- Analyzed existing SAP HR Landscape and developed key recommendations for OM/PA Modules
- Analyzed the data collected and process maps to determine the root causes and identify opportunities.
- Involved in Performance Measurement of ongoing data collection to determine if a program is implementing activities and achieving objectives.
- Configured screen layouts, business logic, business rules, and operation parameters such as roles, permissions, user attributes, and regions as well as created new screens in Guidewire Studio as needed.
- Having good understanding of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and worked on different supporting versions such as CVS, SVN.
- Functional tester for Claim Center application where as a team tested various components such as FNOL screen, Financial Transactions, Multicurrency logics, Vendor Management.
- Involved in testing of migration project ACT ClaimCenter (FNOL, CSR and UI) system from older mainframe legacy systen to Guidewire ClaiCenter 7.0.0.
- Audited billing materials including client fee contracts, rates, and policies for accuracy
- Maintained positive relationships with clients and vendors, researched complex billing issues, prepared monthly client accruals, and tracked deferred revenue used Rally software extensively to write User Stories, assign tasks to individual team members.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Excellent Experience in various software development methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile/Scrum, Waterfall across the span of various projects.
- Tested the claims and validated the claims on mainframes.
- Worked with JCL Jobs on mainframes and data validation and verification .
- Performed Gap analysis for the modules in production, conducted feasibility study and performed impact analysis for enhancements, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Created High Level Class structure, Workflows and Rule sets in Pega PRPC.
- Incorporated DMAIC Six Sigma methodology along with the Business Process Reengineering (BPR) process to strengthen the implementation.
- Worked on Master data Management (MDM) database for managing the customers' data across the different departments.
- Involved in the complete SDLC system providing SOW to the client notifying the client about the work to be done in detail, specifying both hardware and software involved (Scope of Work
- Conducted user interviews, one to one sessions with the managers and the critical users, and arranged JAD Sessions.
- Worked with team to deliver business use cases according to the project requirements.
- Acquired appropriate business rules in coordination with users to understand the business functionality.
- Analyzed and reviewed project elements involved in traceability including testing artifacts, end-user support documentation and training materials to provide tractability across the project.
- Develop the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge
- Migrated Data from MS Excel to SQL Server Reporting Service Using DTS and SQL loader utilities.
- Assisted Test Lead, Testers understanding business process and help them successful completion of Testing
- Documented process flows, process dependencies, and production environment configuration.
- Install, deploy and configure applications, perform installation verification
- Apply vendor patches as released, software testing, certification and implementation of NPA
- Writing queries or data analysis and QA report testing
- Coordinate and install new vendor releases, and assisted users with troubleshooting functionality issues
- Managed project initiation, planning, execution, controlling, scheduling, support test, training, and production environment management.
- Manage change, release, and problem events, produce tech plans for new or changed solutions
Environment: Oracle, Informix, Siebel, SAP HR, Test Director, Mainframes (COBOL, DB2, JCL, TSO/ISPF, CICS, MVS), Win Runner, Load Runner, Performance Measurement & tuning, Pega, CORBA, Apache, MS Project, MS office Suite
- Design Visio process flowcharts for the enhanced Customer Complaint Handling System. Prioritize documentation schedule for multiple projects
- Created complex integration diagrams (Sequence, Component & Activity) to visualize Business Process and their interaction with interfacing systems
- Involved in the analysis of the existing data mapping phase according to functionality and data conversion procedure.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT teams to identify changes, and participated in Stakeholder Meetings to communicate the same
- Performed system analysis on Guidewire Billing Center 8.0.3 based on each user story and presented results to SME's.
- Responsible for elaborating Billing Center integration user stories such as Integration to Agency Management system, Process commission payment via Enterprise Payment Services, Integration to commission management center, BC to PC custom integrations, etc.
- Performed migration from the in-house legacy based underwriting, policy center, claims center and billing center applications to Guidewire
- Assigned tasks among development team, monitored and tracked progress of project following Agile methodology
- Worked under Agile/Scrum methodology with Sprint based goals.
- Gathered and prioritized requirements based on agile principles.
- Responsibility to identify new commercial insurance program opportunities for reinsurance partners.
- Worked Data Conversion Strategy for converting data from the existing site to the new site.
- Communicated (formally and informally) with the team regarding PMO Deadlines, Dependencies with other teams and Milestones
- Managed SharePoint to maintain up to date changes to any artifact, version controlling and controlling duplication of effort
- Collected business requirements to set rules for proper data transfer from Data Source to Data Target in Data Mapping
- Intermediated relationships with commercial automobile service advisors and vendors
- Additionally, worked with the PMO to Create, Baseline and manage other projects within the Smart Grid Initiative
- Prepare data models and perform data analysis. Document metadata, including domains, definitions, and business rules.
- Responsible for making data model, Use Case Diagrams and Class Diagrams using UML.
- Researched problem items and made the necessary adjustments to avoid buy-ins.
- Created Use Cases, Workflows, and Screen Shots for the Application
- Developed the business and functional requirement specification describing and prioritizing of the requirements.
- Followed top down, leveled technique for building Business Process Models
- Identified and documented issues, risk and gaps, their descriptions, their impact and provided recommendation and alternatives to develop the application to meet the user requirements
- Extensively involved in Data warehousing administration and metadata management responsibilities
- Developed Project Status metrics for weekly evaluation of Project Status and impact of the Change Request on the Time line.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling and Business Process flow diagrams
- Conducted JAD Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests.
- Wrote test cases and test scripts for the User Acceptance Testing
- Initiated customer contact in order to investigate unclear Breakpoint Claim information
Environment: Java, MS Visio, Clear Quest, SQL, Oracle 8i, MS Office Suite, MS Project, Microsoft Outlook